PDA

View Full Version : nfl football vs college

Jasper
09-22-2019, 10:48 AM
When pat's played in the snow storm against Oakland and Brady's arm was not moving forward - it was a legit fumble.
It was overturned / the Pats won and went on to win their first ring.

Fast forward to last year when New Orleans was playing (lets just say-out played) the rams.
Two penalties where never inflicted on the Rams and they turned the game around and won to go onto the super bowl.

IMO it was quit obvious they were fouls , and the refs were standing RIGHT THERE.
*I think we all have seen touchy fouls and the flag was thrown ...

From that point on I started thinking about the NFL.

IT IS FIXED.

No doubt the Saints were the best team last year, and probably would of kicked the Pat's aS$'s .
The NFL wanted the Pat's and Brady to win - revenue.

=======================
I am no longer watching the WWE (NFL)

Yesterday I am back watching college ball , where IMO the playing field is on par with everyone else.
A buddy of mine only watch's high school games with the same intent of the games pureness.

What are your thoughts-

moongaze
09-23-2019, 07:43 PM
I've never liked the NFL. It truely is the no fun league and is boring as ****. College football is more fun. Too many rules against defense in the NFL.

JohnnySic
09-23-2019, 08:28 PM
College football looks sloppy.

rufuspaul
09-24-2019, 10:05 AM
Football is great at all levels. There are some weekends where I'll go to the Friday night game at my daughter's school (they've won back to back state titles), drive to Chapel Hill for a game on Saturday and then go to a Panthers game on Sunday.

Patrick Chewing
09-24-2019, 10:10 AM
The NFL is getting very, very close to becoming the NBA. Players demanding where to be traded to and where to play. Holding out for contract extensions, and overall becoming bigger than the sport. While it certainly has more parity than the NBA, the fact that Tom Brady is 42 and the Patriots are the favorite to repeat again and win a 7th Super Bowl is getting ridiculous.

So for right now, College Football is where you want to go to watch Football in its purest and innocent form right now.

TheMan
09-24-2019, 10:41 AM
College football scores are usually 56-10...

College football is 90% full of scrubs who'll never make it to the NFL...

I watch the NFL, NHL, NBA and MLB and European soccer leagues..if I wanted to watch a bunch of scrubs, I'd tune in to watch minor league baseball.

DukeDelonte13
09-24-2019, 12:53 PM
I watch a lot of both. My wife is a CFB junkie.

College football is corrupt as f*ck, and all but two games MAYBE 3 for any given team is like peak golden state versus the maine red claws. It's so dumb watching a team put up 50, 60, even 70+ points against a bunch of nobodies.

The football is obviously of lower strategic quality because it's usually about the team with the bigger faster guys doing whatever the f*ck they want without any regard to who their opponent is.

College has more explosive crazy plays because defenses often just can't hope to keep up.

Love the playoff, they need to expand it. Def. a move in the right direction.

Wally450
09-24-2019, 01:47 PM
I like college football more than the pros. Love the tradition and passion players and fans have.

Jasper
09-24-2019, 11:45 PM
I have no issues with NFL players wanting to go some where...
It is the NFL league owned and how they manipulate games and teams into the playoffs as well as the super bowl.

------------
As far as the posts referring to college scores 50-10 etc ..
those are not conference games , so teams practice against lower level teams , while the lower level schools see what they need to do to excel.

Start watching now - the conference and divisional games have started.

TheMan
09-25-2019, 01:01 AM
It is the NFL league owned and how they manipulate games and teams into the playoffs as well as the super bowl.

------------
those are not conference games , so teams practice against lower level teams , while the lower level schools see what they need to do to excel.

No thanks bro, I'm good. I'll stick with the NFL.

GimmeThat
09-25-2019, 02:21 AM
it's a matter of the ratio between pro games and college games and its 'reach' (televised local or nationally)

similar to an argument regarding recording artists versus live performing artists

you can say you don't want to watch the pro game, but as a player, that's the league you want to play in. translating into, you're upset that you can't invest in some of the top tier players, and the next best value becomes penny stocks

DukeDelonte13
09-25-2019, 11:32 AM

------------

Ok OSU v. Rutgers? OSU v. Illinois? OSU v. Maryland?, etc. etc.

Most of the conference games suck too. Each conference really only has maybe 2 legit teams with usually one exception every year.

EDIT: and the lower level schools pay the powerhouses millions to get embarrassed on TV. It's not to see what they need to do to excel, its a 3.5 hour advertisement for their university.

Jasper
09-27-2019, 10:34 AM
Ok OSU v. Rutgers? OSU v. Illinois? OSU v. Maryland?, etc. etc.

Most of the conference games suck too. Each conference really only has maybe 2 legit teams with usually one exception every year.

EDIT: and the lower level schools pay the powerhouses millions to get embarrassed on TV. It's not to see what they need to do to excel, its a 3.5 hour advertisement for their university.

u hav proof of this ---- > show us.

DukeDelonte13
09-27-2019, 01:25 PM
u hav proof of this ---- > show us.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/6/22/11648368/scheduling-cupcake-guarantee-games-cost

https://www.sportsgrid.com/real-sports/ncaa-football/heres-how-much-money-some-small-colleges-make-to-get-embarrassed-in-football/

And i was wrong, i guess its the big schools that pay the smaller ones.