PDA

View Full Version : I was diagnosed as having a borderline personality disorder...

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 11:03 AM
Borderline Personality Disorder

Borderline personality disorder involves a longstanding pattern of abrupt, moment-to-moment swings -- in moods, relationships, self-image, and behavior (in contrast to distinct episodes of mania or depression in people with bipolar disorder) that are usually triggered by conflicts in interactions with other people. People with borderline personality disorder can experience overly strong emotional responses to upsetting life events and often try to hurt themselves. They often have chaotic relationships with people.

Symptoms: A person with borderline personality disorder has trouble controlling his thoughts and managing his feelings, and often has impulsive and reckless behavior. Here are the condition's main symptoms:

Frantic efforts to avoid feeling abandoned
History of unstable, intense relationships
Tendency to view people and situations as either "all good" or "all bad"
Poor self-image
Impulsiveness (spending, sex, substance abuse, etc.)
Self-harm (e.g., cutting) or suicidal behavior
Mood swings involving anger and depression, usually in response to stressful events or relationships
Feelings of emptiness
Problems managing anger and unpleasant emotions
Paranoia

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 11:05 AM
And yes, all of that is true about me.

So if I ever hurt you, just know that I'm hurting myself.

I love you all.

Prometheus
09-24-2019, 11:07 AM
Were you actually diagnosed or did you just read webmd from ILLsmak?

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 11:08 AM
Is this one of those white people illnesses or was it made up for self-centered assholes like me?

I'm not sure.

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 11:09 AM

Diagnosed.

But I never looked into it much because I don't know if I believe in these things.

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 11:11 AM

And I'm not bipolar at all.

I don't get manic or super happy and stay up for days, etc.

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 11:13 AM
I just went off on my GF for no reason.

She's probably crying.

SomeBlackDude
09-24-2019, 11:14 AM
me when i found out about your diagnosis:

"that's my goat poster we're talkin about" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG8Y32ZOGP0)
:mad: :rant

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 11:15 AM

She's probably crying.

But I tend to see women as all bad, which is part of the diagnosis.

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 11:16 AM
me when i found out about your diagnosis:

"that's my goat poster we're talkin about" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG8Y32ZOGP0)
:mad: :rant

:roll:

Prometheus
09-24-2019, 11:20 AM
Is this one of those white people illnesses or was it made up for self-centered assholes like me?

I'm not sure.

I have known a few people with BPD. It's all too real. It's similar to the other personality disorders (antisocial and narcissistic), but borderline people tend to be more self-harming and less destructive than those other ones (although not entirely without destructive tendencies either). You have nothing to gain from telling yourself it isn't a thing, imho. You don't have to surrender your own unique identity just to acknowledge that you share certain characteristics with many others. You're still the only you.

If you are BPD for real, just know that it isn't your fault. That won't make it go away, but it can help minimize any anguish you might feel about it. There's most likely one person to blame, and his name begins with the same letter as the disorder itself. If I could, I would find him and brutally murder him for you.

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 11:24 AM
I have known a few people with BPD. It's all too real. It's similar to the other personality disorders (antisocial and narcissistic), but borderline people tend to be more self-harming and less destructive than those other ones (although not entirely without destructive tendencies either). You have nothing to gain from telling yourself it isn't a thing, imho. You don't have to surrender your own unique identity just to acknowledge that you share certain characteristics with many others. You're still the only you.

If you are BPD for real, just know that it isn't your fault. That won't make it go away, but it can help minimize any anguish you might feel about it. There's most likely one person to blame, and his name begins with the same letter as the disorder itself. If I could, I would find him and brutally murder him for you.

Thank you, brother.

I may have to unload on the GF again.

She's always working outside to make the yard look good, but I want the inside of my house sparkling clean as well.

Makes me wonder what her motive is?

Is she trying to get attention outside from a neighbor?

I'd hate to have to setup a meeting with her maker.

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 11:25 AM

And I'm surprised you remember Brian's name.

You're good.

Charlie Sheen
09-24-2019, 11:37 AM
I have a younger brother with clinical psychiatric issues. It's a rough life, my heart aches for you and those close to you.

As someone who is living on the other side of this in the support system... don't let this define you. Don't give up, and accept your diagnosis as cause for your behavior going forward. This is something you're going to have to work at the rest of your life use the tools available to you like therapy and medication. Find a good therapist for one on one sessions. One who challenges you. Go to groups and talk with others, learn how they were able to forgive themselves for the trauma in their past. Try harder to recognize the situations that overwhelm you with stress before an emotional breakdown and avoid them.

:cheers:

Prometheus
09-24-2019, 11:37 AM
Of course I remember. That dispute we had was no small ordeal for me. I still feel a great amount of remorse over that shit. My behavior towards you that day is in a small handful of events which I consider to be the lowest I have stooped in my life. I grew from it. You will forever be an important person in my life because of it.

Prometheus
09-24-2019, 11:39 AM
Thank you, brother.

She's always working outside to make the yard look good, but I want the inside of my house sparkling clean as well.

Paraphrasing here, but Jordan Peterson says this about people with borderline personality disorder:

"They have a tremendous fear of abandonment, and then they behave in ways that virtually guarantee they will be abandoned."

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 11:52 AM
I have a younger brother with clinical psychiatric issues. It's a rough life, my heart aches for you and those close to you.

As someone who is living on the other side of this in the support system... don't let this define you. Don't give up, and accept your diagnosis as cause for your behavior going forward. This is something you're going to have to work at the rest of your life use the tools available to you like therapy and medication. Find a good therapist for one on one sessions. One who challenges you. Go to groups and talk with others, learn how they were able to forgive themselves for the trauma in their past. Try harder to recognize the situations that overwhelm you with stress before an emotional breakdown and avoid them.

Great points.

I see a psychiatrist, but that's just a medication visit.

I need to see a counselor.

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 11:52 AM
Paraphrasing here, but Jordan Peterson says this about people with borderline personality disorder:

"They have a tremendous fear of abandonment, and then they behave in ways that virtually guarantee they will be abandoned."

So true.

Im so nba'd out
09-24-2019, 11:56 AM
Borderline Personality Disorder

Borderline personality disorder involves a longstanding pattern of abrupt, moment-to-moment swings -- in moods, relationships, self-image, and behavior (in contrast to distinct episodes of mania or depression in people with bipolar disorder) that are usually triggered by conflicts in interactions with other people. People with borderline personality disorder can experience overly strong emotional responses to upsetting life events and often try to hurt themselves. They often have chaotic relationships with people.

Symptoms: A person with borderline personality disorder has trouble controlling his thoughts and managing his feelings, and often has impulsive and reckless behavior. Here are the condition's main symptoms:

Frantic efforts to avoid feeling abandoned
History of unstable, intense relationships
Tendency to view people and situations as either "all good" or "all bad"
Poor self-image
Impulsiveness (spending, sex, substance abuse, etc.)
Self-harm (e.g., cutting) or suicidal behavior
Mood swings involving anger and depression, usually in response to stressful events or relationships
Feelings of emptiness
Problems managing anger and unpleasant emotions
Paranoia
noooooo get the heck out of here....i would of never guessed

Turbo Slayer
09-24-2019, 12:55 PM
And yes, all of that is true about me.

So if I ever hurt you, just know that I'm hurting myself.

I love you all.
U will always be the GOAT OP

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 01:13 PM
U will always be the GOAT OP

I think you're the GOAT.

LostCause
09-24-2019, 01:45 PM
Honestly, I’ve mostly known women to have it. It’s not easy dealing with bit an ex of mine once told me the best way to cope with it is having someone who genuinely cares about you that you trust to keep you grounded and tell you when you’re wrong. The reason she’s my ex is because I just got tired of dealing with it, felt like a babysitter half the time

And that Jordan Peterson quote nailed it.

Loco 50
09-24-2019, 01:52 PM
That's a tough diagnosis, but a huge part of the battle is over if you just accept it and work on it. Most folk seeking therapy with borderline personality disorder only do so after they've gotten into trouble with the law for being a physical danger.

You're going to need a therapist trained in dialectical behavioral therapy. It's tailor-made for bipolar disorder and is similar to cognitive behavioral therapy. This personality type is notorious for being treatment resistant, which is why a unique therapy had to be created.

DBT will challenge the truthfulness of your thoughts and attempt to gradually change them and moderate your reactions into a less extreme, more healthy behavior. Psychologists do the brunt of the work working with borderline personalities, not psychiatrists. That's an important distinction. Psychiatrists will handle your medications, psychologists generally handle the therapy.

A problem that eventually arises in borderline folks with therapy is that as long as the therapist is on their side and saying nice things, "they're the best therapist in the world", and "they care about me" and "I love my therapist", but that can change when the patient feels let down by the therapist. It can be something relatively minor, like having to cancel an appointment or having to delay therapy. If the person with borderline takes offense his/her opinion of that therapist can flip 180 degrees to hatred, distrust and scorn. Often the therapist will be dropped and the patient will move onto either life without a therapist or seek out a new one and the cycle will continue.

Thus, the treatment resistant moniker and conflicts in your own head that you're going to have to be prepared to fight against.

I'm not sure.
It's very real. White people tend to get diagnosed with it more often because they have the money or connections to seek therapy. Minorities often end up in prison where they may or may not be diagnosed.

It's good that you understand that it was for no reason, now the trick is to modify your behavior. Impulse control.

Good luck Stalker, don't let your own brain be your worst enemy. Let some other asshole take that position.

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 01:58 PM
That's a tough diagnosis, but a huge part of the battle is over if you just accept it and work on it. Most folk seeking therapy with borderline personality disorder only do so after they've gotten into trouble with the law for being a physical danger.

You're going to need a therapist trained in dialectical behavioral therapy. It's tailor-made for bipolar disorder and is similar to cognitive behavioral therapy. This personality type is notorious for being treatment resistant, which is why a unique therapy had to be created.

DBT will challenge the truthfulness of your thoughts and attempt to gradually change them and moderate your reactions into a less extreme, more healthy behavior. Psychologists do the brunt of the work working with borderline personalities, not psychiatrists. That's an important distinction. Psychiatrists will handle your medications, psychologists generally handle the therapy.

A problem that eventually arises in borderline folks with therapy is that as long as the therapist is on their side and saying nice things, "they're the best therapist in the world", and "they care about me" and "I love my therapist", but that can change when the patient feels let down by the therapist. It can be something relatively minor, like having to cancel an appointment or having to delay therapy. If the person with borderline takes offense his/her opinion of that therapist can flip 180 degrees to hatred, distrust and scorn. Often the therapist will be dropped and the patient will move onto either life without a therapist or seek out a new one and the cycle will continue.

Thus, the treatment resistant moniker and conflicts in your own head that you're going to have to be prepared to fight against.

It's very real. White people tend to get diagnosed with it more often because they have the money or connections to seek therapy. Minorities often end up in prison where they may or may not be diagnosed.

It's good that you understand that it was for no reason, now the trick is to modify your behavior. Impulse control.

Good luck Stalker, don't let your own brain be your worst enemy. Let some other asshole take that position.

Thanks for the thoughtful post.

I'll likely look for a psychologist soon; it'll be good to talk to someone who will hopefully know how to pull things out from me.

My psychiatrist just writes my scripts and doesn't go into much.

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 02:01 PM
I want to be asked pertinent questions and have someone generally interested; when you're ugly and poor, it'll take a psychologist.

Only beautiful people get to be listened to and cared about without having to pay.

Loco 50
09-24-2019, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the thoughtful post.

I'll likely look for a psychologist soon; it'll be good to talk to someone who will hopefully know how to pull things out from me.

My psychiatrist just writes my scripts and doesn't go into much.
Good to hear, just make sure whoever you speak with is trained to give dialectical behavioral therapy, because not all are. Otherwise, you're setting yourself up for frustration and failure.

FultzNationRISE
09-24-2019, 02:17 PM
OP wants to play the pity card now that he

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 02:18 PM
Good to hear, just make sure whoever you speak with is trained to give dialectical behavioral therapy, because not all are. Otherwise, you're setting yourself up for frustration and failure.

Loco 50
09-24-2019, 02:23 PM
I want to be asked pertinent questions and have someone generally interested; when you're ugly and poor, it'll take a psychologist.

Only beautiful people get to be listened to and cared about without having to pay.
They still pay, and they have the added problems of people pretending to care about them to get at their body or money.

Life is tough for almost everyone, we all gotta find our way and make the best of it.

Any therapist worth his/her* salt will ask questions and attempt to get the root of the problem. That being said, borderline personality disorder is something a person is just born with. There is no root cause and there is no cure. Treatment will just be about modifying your behavior so that you don't feel the need to hurt yourself or anyone else, be that physically/mentally/sexually.

However, your therapist will be able to help you process some of the trauma that you have previously mentioned. You can make things easier by volunteering information as trust opens up. If you hide everything it just hinders treatment progress. I know that can be easier said than done, but you'll figure it out.

Speaking generally, psychologists tend to be legitimately caring people that are working to help other folks out, perhaps because of issues of their own they have had to work to resolve. Psychiatrists can be much more hit and miss. Lot more ego involved in becoming a doc and not everyone has other's best interest in mind.

*(hmmmm, that may be an important distinction) with some of your conflicts with women you may want make sure your therapist is male)

Turbo Slayer
09-24-2019, 02:25 PM
I think you're the GOAT.
Ahh don't put yourself down to make other better you're the GOAT for real. I'm flattered tho. :bowdown:

Turbo Slayer
09-24-2019, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=FultzNationRISE]OP wants to play the pity card now that he

Loco 50
09-24-2019, 02:32 PM
The only personality disorder more difficult to treat than borderline is narcissistic personality disorder because npds have no problems caused by themselves.

Since they have no problems and are great people they have no need for therapists. Their problems are all derived from the outside world not recognizing how truly unique and special they are.

If you don't recognize their inherent greatness they will lash out with abusive and ugly attacks at all transgressors because they have been mortally wounded and need to remedy the situation (damaged ego) as quickly as possible.

They are the world's purest snowflakes, if you will.

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=FultzNationRISE]OP wants to play the pity card now that he

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 02:36 PM
The only personality disorder more difficult to treat than borderline is narcissistic personality disorder because npds have no problems caused by themselves.

Since they have no problems and are great people they have no need for therapists. Their problems are all derived from the outside world not recognizing how truly unique and special they are.

If you don't recognize their inherent greatness they will lash out with abusive and ugly attacks at all transgressors because they have been mortally wounded and need to remedy the situation (damaged ego) as quickly as possible.

They are the world's purest snowflakes, if you will.

Absolutely 100%.

And those narcissists will manipulate everyone around you to paint you as the demon.

And many people are easily manipulated at your expense.

Do you work in the mental health field?

FultzNationRISE
09-24-2019, 02:38 PM
:lol :cheers:

Need some razors, bro.

If theyre for your wrists I

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 02:38 PM
stop, just stop it :rant

Free Akrazotile!

Turbo Slayer
09-24-2019, 02:39 PM

Free Akrazotile!
Yep I'm an alt maybe? :lol

Turbo Slayer
09-24-2019, 02:41 PM
Stalkerforlife that's my face in the avatar. Is it alpha or beta?

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 02:55 PM
Stalkerforlife that's my face in the avatar. Is it alpha or beta?

Alpha for sure.

Jameerthefear
09-24-2019, 02:57 PM
I had a gf that had BPD. She was ****ing crazy but gave good head.

Turbo Slayer
09-24-2019, 02:58 PM
Alpha for sure.
The most alpha poster you. :bowdown:

rufuspaul
09-24-2019, 02:59 PM
I had a gf that had BPD. She was ****ing crazy but gave good head.

That's usually the case that the crazy ones are amazing in bed. When you're in a relationship with a crazy chick at first the sex part wins out but after a while you just can't handle the craziness.

Smoke117
09-24-2019, 03:03 PM
OP needs to find a new shtick. This one is just yawn inducing at this point. It isn't 2016 anymore.

tpols
09-24-2019, 06:30 PM
how much extra disability loot you getting out this bullshit labeling? :lol

MrFonzworth
09-24-2019, 07:22 PM
I was diagnosed too earlier in life. I got it from taking steroids.

ArbitraryWater
09-24-2019, 09:36 PM
Thank you, brother.

:coleman: