PDA

View Full Version : I've Decided - Lebron ABSOLUTELY should win the chip this year

StrongLurk
09-24-2019, 11:52 AM
The Lebron stans should fully believe this too. If Lebron is GOAT, then he should win the chip this year as long as the Lakers stay healthy.

Frankly, not sure why any of the Lebron stans would be afraid to say otherwise.

stalkerforlife
09-24-2019, 11:55 AM
There's no clear cut absolute favorites anymore, so they should be in the mix.

superduper
09-24-2019, 11:55 AM
Boom.

superduper
09-24-2019, 11:56 AM
There's no clear cut absolute favorites anymore, so they should be in the mix.

These Branvestites getting the excuses ready early

StrongLurk
09-24-2019, 12:00 PM
These Branvestites getting the excuses ready early

Who? Where?

90sgoat
09-24-2019, 12:02 PM
StrongLurk is a ISH fixture.

Fair and Balanced

Turbo Slayer
09-24-2019, 12:31 PM
The Lebron stans should fully believe this too. If Lebron is GOAT, then he should win the chip this year as long as the Lakers stay healthy.

:rockon:

Ainosterhaspie
09-24-2019, 01:07 PM
Reasons why they should win:

Best two man pair in the league (assuming LeBron doesn't decline significantly and remains healthy).

Dominant front court potential.

Potential to be an elite defensive team.

Reasonable number of spacing options Davis/Kuzma/Green/Caruso/Bradley/Dudley/Cook. These guys may not all be reliable, but that's a lot of options who could have good nights from three and open the floor for LeBron/Davis attacking the rim.

Good lineup versatility. They can go big, small, defensive focused, and LeBron plus shooter lineups. Their peremiter defenders should be able to be aggressive knowing they have solid rim protection behind them. Lakers should be able to switch well.

Reasons why they may struggle.

Their best lineups will feature Davis at the five, but he doesn't want to play extended minutes at the five.

They do not have adequate playmaking depth after LeBron. Rondo is probably the best option there and he hasn't been a successful player since his Boston days. The Lakers may really struggle to score. Rondo has been a flat out bad player in recent years. They need to find a way to keep the offense afloat when LeBron sits and without relying on LeBron to run all the plays when he's on the floor.

Their peremiter defense is suspect. The closest thing they have to a shut down wing defender is probably Danny Green who is getting old for that role. LeBron has steadily declined on the defensive end. Bradley hasn't been as good recently as he used to be.

Can they find lineups that work with their best three players (Davis/James/Kuzma) on the floor at the same time? All three may be best suited to be power forwards so there is a talent logjam there.

bison
09-24-2019, 01:09 PM
Agreed. Anything LESS than a chip and Lebron is absolutely locked out of the top 10 forever. This is his LAST chance to get into the top 10.

SouBeachTalents
09-24-2019, 02:02 PM
Agreed. Anything LESS than a chip and Lebron is absolutely locked out of the top 10 forever. This is his LAST chance to get into the top 10.
Agreed :(

Turbo Slayer
09-24-2019, 02:16 PM
Agreed. Anything LESS than a chip and Lebron is absolutely locked out of the top 10 forever. This is his LAST chance to get into the top 10. :(

baudkarma
09-24-2019, 02:20 PM

Best two man pair in the league (assuming LeBron doesn't decline significantly and remains healthy).

Reasonable number of spacing options Davis/Kuzma/Green/Caruso/Bradley/Dudley/Cook. These guys may not all be reliable, but that's a lot of options who could have good nights from three and open the floor for LeBron/Davis attacking the rim.

Good lineup versatility. They can go big, small, defensive focused, and LeBron plus shooter lineups. Their peremiter defenders should be able to be aggressive knowing they have solid rim protection behind them. Lakers should be able to switch well.

Their best lineups will feature Davis at the five, but he doesn't want to play extended minutes at the five.

They do not have adequate playmaking depth after LeBron. Rondo is probably the best option there and he hasn't been a successful player since his Boston days. The Lakers may really struggle to score. Rondo has been a flat out bad player in recent years. They need to find a way to keep the offense afloat when LeBron sits and without relying on LeBron to run all the plays when he's on the floor.

Their peremiter defense is suspect. The closest thing they have to a shut down wing defender is probably Danny Green who is getting old for that role. LeBron has steadily declined on the defensive end. Bradley hasn't been as good recently as he used to be.

Can they find lineups that work with their best three players (Davis/James/Kuzma) on the floor at the same time? All three may be best suited to be power forwards so there is a talent logjam there.

This is... actually some well-researched, thought-provoking analysis. You're not trolling, you're just actually adding useful information.

Are you sure you posted it to the right website?

ImKobe
09-24-2019, 02:24 PM

Danny Green was exceptional in last year's Playoffs, Lebron apparently is an elite defensive player according to the posters here, Pope and Rondo aren't that bad either and Bradley's still very capable but has played on bad/mediocre defensive teams the past few years.

Vogel had the Pacers playing good-elite defense every year he was there so I expect us to do well enough on that end against most teams. Davis might have hated playing the 5 at New Orleans but I'm sure he'd do it against Houston or Golden State if needed him to in order to win a series.

We have all the pieces to win the championship. If Lebron is anywhere near his 2018 self after having so much time off we'll be one of the favorites to win it all with this current roster.

Turbo Slayer
09-24-2019, 02:36 PM
Starface is back on his throne.

3ball
09-24-2019, 02:49 PM

Your reasons for the Lakers struggling are ridiculous - no championship team has every single thing fall in place - winning a championship requires overcoming obstacles, but lebron fans are ready to provide excuses for the littlest of reasons (i.e. Green was all-defe see last year but he's a tad old this year)

Turbo Slayer
09-24-2019, 02:50 PM
Your reasons for the Lakers struggling are ridiculous - no championship team has every single thing fall in place - winning a championship requires overcoming obstacles, but lebron fans are ready to provide excuses for the littlest of reasons (i.e. Green was all-defe see last year but he's a tad old this year)
Beta. Lier.

Celtics 1825
09-24-2019, 03:27 PM
At the bare minimum he has to make the WCF. Anything less with the team he has right now (provided they stay healthy) will be seen as a failure.

Ainosterhaspie
09-24-2019, 05:04 PM
Danny Green wasn't "all-defe" (? I presume you mean all NBA 1st or 2nd team defender). The one and only time in his career he got that award was 2017. He's going to be 32. Guys start physically declining at about 28 and that accelerates each year. So yes, whether he can continue to play at a high level all year doing something that takes incredible energy, shutting down peremiter threats, is something that remains to be seen. That's not excuse making, it's basic basketball analysis and understanding.

How am I making excuses. I listed a bunch of reasons why they should play well. That doesn't mean they have no flaws. Pointing them out isn't making excuses, it's being honest about who they are as a team.

They are basically a brand new team. They have a whole bunch of guys with a lot of question marks. They have a new coach. There are a host of ways that team could go wrong.

On the other hand, there are a lot of potential shooters and potential good defenders to put around LeBron and they have a coach with a history of building really good defenses. Their guard rotation is iffy, but other than that the roster is well constructed.

However let's not pretend this is 2009 Dwight and Rondo, 2013 James, 2017 Green and 2016 Bradley.

Turbo Slayer
09-24-2019, 05:06 PM
Danny Green wasn't "all-defe" (? I presume you mean all NBA 1st or 2nd team defender). The one and only time in his career he got that award was 2017. He's going to be 32. Guys start physically declining at about 28 and that accelerates each year. So yes, whether he can continue to play at a high level all year doing something that takes incredible energy, shutting down peremiter threats, is something that remains to be seen. That's not excuse making, it's basic basketball analysis and understanding.

How am I making excuses. I listed a bunch of reasons why they should play well. That doesn't mean they have no flaws. Pointing them out isn't making excuses, it's being honest about who they are as a team.

They are basically a brand new team. They have a whole bunch of guys with a lot of question marks. They have a new coach. There are a host of ways that team could go wrong.

On the other hand, there are a lot of potential shooters and potential good defenders to put around LeBron and they have a coach with a history of building really good defenses. Their guard rotation is iffy, but other than that the roster is well constructed.

However let's not pretend this is 2009 Dwight and Rondo, 2013 James, 2017 Green and 2016 Bradley. Ether. WE STAY WINNING, AINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :violin: :dancin :hammertime:

MaxPlayer
09-24-2019, 05:21 PM

However let's not pretend this is 2009 Dwight and Rondo, 2013 James, 2017 Green and 2016 Bradley.

Sir I fear your well-reasoned post is but pearls before swine.

Turbo Slayer
09-24-2019, 05:47 PM
:bowdown:

Manny98
09-24-2019, 06:07 PM
LeBron would have won last year as well if he didn't tear his groin

SamuraiSWISH
You know he

Turbo Slayer
LeBron would have won last year as well if he didn't tear his groin
yea

Turbo Slayer
09-24-2019, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]You know he

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-24-2019, 06:18 PM
Mfer spamming the board like his life depended on it.

:oldlol:

Quit scaring posters away, creeptard.

Turbo Slayer
09-24-2019, 06:21 PM

Are you referring to me?

If so, love you homie. You are alpha like me. Luv you. :bowdown:

Calling me a ''creeptard'' is a compliment. Thank you, kind sir. :bowdown:

Manny98
09-24-2019, 06:39 PM

SouBeachTalents
09-24-2019, 06:42 PM

:biggums: He's got the last response in like 30 threads :oldlol:

Turbo Slayer
09-24-2019, 06:49 PM
Imma log off tonight. Im a loser. See ya ISH. Farewell.

:cry:

StrongLurk
09-29-2019, 06:56 PM
Looks like Kuzma will be out start of the season...these Lakers just can't stay healthy.

Bronbron23
09-29-2019, 07:47 PM

Why? Clippers are much better. Bron is well past his prime. He has a chance for sure but it's in no way a sure thing

Manny98
09-29-2019, 07:52 PM
Why? Clippers are much better. Bron is well past his prime. He has a chance for sure but it's in no way a sure thing
Clippers are not better though

LeBron + AD > Kawhi + PG

Lakers have a much better interior defense AD,McGee and Dwight Vs Zubac and Harrell

What advantage do the Clippers have? I'm struggling to see any

The only thing stopping the Lakers are injuries

And1AllDay
09-29-2019, 08:02 PM

:(

StrongLurk
09-29-2019, 08:59 PM

If you think the Clipps are better then you dont think Lebron is GOAT.

I'm well aware Lebron is going to be 35 this season...but the GOAT should have high expectations right?

Bronbron23
09-29-2019, 09:20 PM
Clippers are not better though

LeBron + AD > Kawhi + PG

Lakers have a much better interior defense AD,McGee and Dwight Vs Zubac and Harrell

What advantage do the Clippers have? I'm struggling to see any

The only thing stopping the Lakers are injuries
Nah clippers are a better 3 point shooting team and a much better defensive team. They also have 2 great scorers in there prime. Bron is well past and I've never been sold on AD. Teams are gonna have a hell of a time scoring on the perimeter against the clippers and perimeter scoring is everything bin this day and age

Bronbron23
09-29-2019, 09:23 PM
If you think the Clipps are better then you dont think Lebron is GOAT.

I'm well aware Lebron is going to be 35 this season...but the GOAT should have high expectations right?
Well bron is my favorite player in this era but I don't think he's the goat. Lakers are gonna be a mediocre three point shooting team and mediocre defensively so I just don't see how there gonna beat the clippers.

Manny98
09-30-2019, 04:52 AM
Nah clippers are a better 3 point shooting team and a much better defensive team. They also have 2 great scorers in there prime. Bron is well past and I've never been sold on AD. Teams are gonna have a hell of a time scoring on the perimeter against the clippers and perimeter scoring is everything bin this day and age
No Clippers defense is not as good as the Lakers as their interior D is medicore
Dwight,McGee and AD vs Zubac and Harrell :oldlol:

Also Clippers have no real playmakers, Paul George is there only half decent playmaker whilst the Lakers have LeBron and Rondo who are two of the best playmakers of this entire generation

LeBron was averaged 28/8/8 of 51% last season. He may be past his prime but he's still a top 3 player in the league

305Baller
09-30-2019, 06:13 AM
Lakers stacked

No excuses

Bronbron23
09-30-2019, 08:29 AM
No Clippers defense is not as good as the Lakers as their interior D is medicore
Dwight,McGee and AD vs Zubac and Harrell :oldlol:

Also Clippers have no real playmakers, Paul George is there only half decent playmaker whilst the Lakers have LeBron and Rondo who are two of the best playmakers of this entire generation

LeBron was averaged 28/8/8 of 51% last season. He may be past his prime but he's still a top 3 player in the league
Lakers interior is better but clippers perimeter is better. Clippers are gonna a much better defensive team and it won't be close tbh. Time will tell though.

And clippers didn't really have a great playmaker last year and they did just fine. Took 2 games off of the kd warriors which is something Bron couldn't do with a better team. Now you add kawhi and pg. Clippers are winning the chip

bullettooth
09-30-2019, 12:47 PM
LeBron should have won in 2011... among 5 other years as well.

Bronbron23
09-30-2019, 07:41 PM
LeBron should have won in 2011... among 5 other years as well.
Yes he should of won in 11 and 14 but that's probably it though. Not sure where your getting 5 at?

RRR3
09-30-2019, 07:53 PM
Anyone who thinks LeBron “should” have won any finals series he didn’t besides 2011 is retarded.

Turbo Slayer
09-30-2019, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Anyone who thinks LeBron

Bronbron23
10-01-2019, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Anyone who thinks LeBron

StrongLurk
10-12-2019, 08:37 PM
Looks like Kuzma will be out start of the season...these Lakers just can't stay healthy.

Now AD is injured...clearly people are overhyping the Lakers again.

This time, they have more talent than last year...but all of their most important players are extremely injury prone (AD, Kuzma, Biggie, Rondo).

It seems Lebron used up the last of his Basketball Karma winning the 2016 chip.

dazzer87
10-12-2019, 10:51 PM
Now AD is injured...clearly people are overhyping the Lakers again.

This time, they have more talent than last year...but all of their most important players are extremely injury prone (AD, Kuzma, Biggie, Rondo).

It seems Lebron used up the last of his Basketball Karma winning the 2016 chip.
Relax....Season hasnt even started......... AD out what 1 months max. LeBron should be able to hold down the folk for a month.......

StrongLurk
10-12-2019, 11:43 PM
Relax....Season hasnt even started......... AD out what 1 months max. LeBron should be able to hold down the folk for a month.......

AD, Kuzma, AND Boogie are out. That is their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best players...

Lakers will be under .500 for sure for the first month and will be playing catch up again this year.

This is similar to how last year started. Just won't be able to develop any chemistry.

StrongLurk
12-19-2019, 11:54 AM
Bump

dreamshake
12-25-2019, 11:47 PM

Bump to expose this wishy washy bi-polar Bron stan. Pick a stance and stick by it.

StrongLurk
12-25-2019, 11:49 PM
Bump to expose this wishy washy bi-polar Bron stan. Pick a stance and stick by it.

You just don't understand. I have no alts. The thread title is just to call out the Bran stans.

If Bran stans think LeEnron is GOAT, then he should win the chip this year with a healthy team even at age 35.

If LeEnron loses...

StrongLurk
08-30-2020, 12:22 PM
Lookin good bios.

FromDowntown
08-30-2020, 12:44 PM
You just don't understand. I have no alts. The thread title is just to call out the Bran stans.

If Bran stans think LeEnron is GOAT, then he should win the chip this year with a healthy team even at age 35.

If LeEnron loses...

So if Lebron wins will you stfu about Fake Jordan being GOAT? LeBron is clear #1 and MJ is clear #2 so will you finally admit it?

StrongLurk
08-30-2020, 02:51 PM
So if Lebron wins will you stfu about Fake Jordan being GOAT? LeBron is clear #1 and MJ is clear #2 so will you finally admit it?

Lebron has been GOAT since 2016, everyone knows that.

StrongLurk
09-27-2020, 12:39 PM
Can...he...do it?

FireDavidKahn
09-27-2020, 12:51 PM
Next man up:

LeBron: https://media1.tenor.com/images/f11db1815436ee0d54b5d20b8e15b3e3/tenor.gif?itemid=16002278

StrongLurk
10-11-2020, 09:58 PM
He did it...GOAT.

StrongLurk
10-11-2020, 11:13 PM

I can't believe he actually did it and overcame so much tragedy this year as well that I would have NEVER predicted in September 2019 when I made this thread...it's crazy that it took over a YEAR for my OP to come true lol...completely unpredictable.