PDA

View Full Version : LeGOAT can beat Ordan in a 1v1...

Turbo Slayer
10-05-2019, 06:59 PM
Irrefutable. Lebron is better in a 1v1 in every way.

LeGOAT will crush Ordan and embarrass and take him to the G-league.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

ILLsmak
10-05-2019, 07:12 PM
Nah MJs balls are too big. Body type, like you see two guys going at it that look like Bron and MJ and you'd say the guy who is Bron will, cuz as we always say it's about getting lay ups. But I think MJ could make Bron settle and Bron wouldn't make him settle. Over time, the Ws would favor MJ.

The thing you gotta do first in a 1 on 1 is go right by someone and score on them thru contact or body them in the post and score thru contact. Set the tone. Bron should have the tools to do that better, but you also need the balls to go all in. I feel like MJ blocking Bron is a lot more likely than Bron blocking MJ.

-Smak

ImKobe
10-05-2019, 07:14 PM
Jordan would strip Bran over & over again and force him into long 2s. 1 on 1s have different rules baby boi.

And1AllDay
mike with no pippen is a short carmello anthony

Turbo Slayer
Nah MJs balls are too big. Body type, like you see two guys going at it that look like Bron and MJ and you'd say the guy who is Bron will, cuz as we always say it's about getting lay ups. But I think MJ could make Bron settle and Bron wouldn't make him settle. Over time, the Ws would favor MJ.

The thing you gotta do first in a 1 on 1 is go right by someone and score on them thru contact or body them in the post and score thru contact. Set the tone. Bron should have the tools to do that better, but you also need the balls to go all in. I feel like MJ blocking Bron is a lot more likely than Bron blocking MJ.

-Smak Bron is way taller. Height always wins. He is the most complete player ever. 2012-13 Lebron would blast Ordan out of the water though.

Thanks for your needed output tho. :applause:

Turbo Slayer
10-05-2019, 07:17 PM
Jordan would strip Bran over & over again and force him into long 2s. 1 on 1s have different rules baby boi.

Nah. LeGOAT will do bully-ball and light his ass up.
Forget 2012-13 Lebron? LIER :oldlol:

He wet with jumper that season.

MOST COMPLETE PLAYER ON THIS GODFORSAKEN PLANET.

:biggums:

ILLsmak
10-05-2019, 07:25 PM
nah not always height. You gotta think of each time the bodies collide and what the outcome will be. Who will be able to turn that physicality into a lay up or a stop. I don't think MJ would be stripping Bron a lot, but he might get a couple. Just like Bron might get some. I don't think it'll be a deciding factor. The deciding factor is getting a step and finishing over and over.

That's why height seems to be the most important because that's what tends to get the most easy baskets, but when we're talking about all the great guys, it's hard to say.

Like Larry Bird would punish Bron in the post if they ever played, but Bron would get by him and maybe post him a bit, too. It's hard to say which one would win, but Larry would definitely be giving him bruises.

I dunno maybe I'm delusional but I feel like I can see how a lot of these match ups would play out. MJ would beat Bron. Bron might beat MJ a few times, but overall, over time, MJ wins more.

-Smak

Turbo Slayer
10-05-2019, 07:25 PM
mike with no pippen is a short carmello anthony
yes.

Turbo Slayer
10-05-2019, 07:28 PM
nah not always height. You gotta think of each time the bodies collide and what the outcome will be. Who will be able to turn that physicality into a lay up or a stop. I don't think MJ would be stripping Bron a lot, but he might get a couple. Just like Bron might get some. I don't think it'll be a deciding factor. The deciding factor is getting a step and finishing over and over.

That's why height seems to be the most important because that's what tends to get the most easy baskets, but when we're talking about all the great guys, it's hard to say.

Like Larry Bird would punish Bron in the post if they ever played, but Bron would get by him and maybe post him a bit, too. It's hard to say which one would win, but Larry would definitely be giving him bruises.

I dunno maybe I'm delusional but I feel like I can see how a lot of these match ups would play out. MJ would beat Bron. Bron might beat MJ a few times, but overall, over time, MJ wins more.

-Smak I think that whoever gets the ball first at the beginning of the match gets the upper advantage unless he screwed up somehow...

Decide the beginning of the 1v1 with the coin toss. :bowdown:

Otherwise, good post Smak.

ILLsmak
10-05-2019, 07:31 PM
I think that whoever gets the ball first at the beginning of the match gets the upper advantage unless he screwed up somehow...

Decide the beginning of the 1v1 with the coin toss. :bowdown:

Otherwise, good post Smak.

yea sooner or later people mess up, too. Ego gets in there. But there would prol be some 11-0s sure, on both sides.

Edit: really if you're playing 1 on 1 to actually figure out who is better, you gotta do multiple sets of games per day and multiple days until someone figures out the other an establishes themselves as the better player.

Edit 2: @ underpost. haha. I don't like LeBron, everyone knows this. But he's a talent and especially would be tough in 1 on 1. I don't dislike him for basketball reasons. But I feel like I can talk about him without becoming an emotional fgt unlike most people. Who knows.

-Smak

Turbo Slayer
10-05-2019, 07:34 PM
yea sooner or later people mess up, too. Ego gets in there. But there would prol be some 11-0s sure, on both sides.

-Smak

Agreed. Question: Are you on LeGOAT's side? Join the Family, smak. WE need you. Plz :lol

90sgoat
10-05-2019, 08:13 PM
Why didn't Lebron enter the dunk contest?

Why didn't Lebron play at Rucker park?

He is afraid to be exposed.

Bronbron23
10-05-2019, 09:10 PM

Even if he can what's your point. NBA is 5 on 5 which is a totally different animal.

scuzzy
10-05-2019, 09:39 PM
We've witness the damage Jordan would inflict on Lebron by watching Derozan the past 5 years

Or 6-16 h2h clinic Kobe displayed throughout his career

Ca$H
10-05-2019, 09:47 PM

Bran can't even beat Jordan Poole 1 on 1.

Stringer Bell
10-05-2019, 10:22 PM
I wonder how the big guys like Hakeem or Shaq would do in one-on-one against guys like Jordan, LeBron, Kobe, etc...One thought is that they would get the ball stolen too much. But if they can protect the ball well, it could turn really ugly like that awful Kareem vs. Dr. J game.

RRR3
10-05-2019, 10:25 PM
LeBron is bigger and stronger. That would really come into play in a 1v1 despite MJ being a better scorer.

RRR3
10-05-2019, 10:25 PM
I wonder how the big guys like Hakeem or Shaq would do in one-on-one against guys like Jordan, LeBron, Kobe, etc...One thought is that they would get the ball stolen too much. But if they can protect the ball well, it could turn really ugly like that awful Kareem vs. Dr. J game.
Shaq would annihilate them.

Bronbron23
10-05-2019, 10:28 PM
LeBron is bigger and stronger. That would really come into play in a 1v1 despite MJ being a better scorer.
Pretty much this. He could literally just back him down every possession. It be ugly but how would mj stop him?

Turbo Slayer
10-05-2019, 10:30 PM
Pretty much this. He could literally just back him down every possession. It be ugly but how would mj stop him?

:oldlol: Good point tho

RRR3
10-05-2019, 10:32 PM
Yep. It’s why I think Shaq (especially back when he was super fast) would beat pretty much anyone one on one.

And1AllDay
10-06-2019, 02:11 AM
Why didn't Lebron enter the dunk contest?

Why didn't Lebron play at Rucker park?

He is afraid to be exposed.

but he plays in the nba and destroys kids in the finals at the biggest stages all his life

yeahhhhhhhhh

nexxxxxxxxxxxt

ILLsmak
10-06-2019, 04:27 AM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Yep. It

ImKobe
10-06-2019, 04:33 AM

Bran struggled to score on Kobe in the post and constantly needed a screen to get by him, what makes you think he'd just back MJ down to the rim?

ILLsmak
10-06-2019, 04:40 AM
Bran struggled to score on Kobe in the post and constantly needed a screen to get by him, what makes you think he'd just back MJ down to the rim?

yea at some point you have to use some leverage and make a move, and that's when the game would be decided. Dudes think he'd just turn his back and go in. That would be hell on your legs to do that 11 times in a row. More like he'd be moving forward but in a half post and banging him looking for a way to get around him. Start out w/ ball, drive hard one way, get stopped or score. If stopped, angle body and give a few bumps then try to spin off of go around again.

Of course that's how I play 1v1. haha. But it's hard to imagine more efficient way to do it than that. They'd both get really high quality shots, we're banking on MJ's mental toughness in the end, and that he'd be able to trick Bron a few times.

Edit: people who shoot jumpers in 1 on 1 are stupid and beta. Or show offs/not taking opponent seriously.

-Smak

GimmeThat
10-06-2019, 04:49 AM
Regular season turnovers are more correlated with postseason assists.

ImKobe
10-06-2019, 06:49 AM
yea at some point you have to use some leverage and make a move, and that's when the game would be decided. Dudes think he'd just turn his back and go in. That would be hell on your legs to do that 11 times in a row. More like he'd be moving forward but in a half post and banging him looking for a way to get around him. Start out w/ ball, drive hard one way, get stopped or score. If stopped, angle body and give a few bumps then try to spin off of go around again.

Of course that's how I play 1v1. haha. But it's hard to imagine more efficient way to do it than that. They'd both get really high quality shots, we're banking on MJ's mental toughness in the end, and that he'd be able to trick Bron a few times.

Edit: people who shoot jumpers in 1 on 1 are stupid and beta. Or show offs/not taking opponent seriously.

-Smak

Look at this, this is 17th season Kobe defending peak Lebron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-VaAqPqmY

What makes anyone think Bron would destroy peak MJ 1 on 1.. do they not realize how athletic Jordan is or how great his defensive abilities are? We're talking about a guy who was brought up in the most physical era and who was known for stripping the ball from his opponents. Jordan's arguably the GOAT mid-range shooter and he absolutely dominated his opponents in the post, Lebron is known for neither and often struggles in a half-court setting if he doesn't get a switch or a step on his opponent. His production is tied to how well his teammates can stretch the court, there's no such thing when you're playing 1 on 1.

Jordan's elite first step, combined with his shooting ability makes him unstoppable against anyone 1 on 1. He can get a wide open jumper against anyone and he'll drain those at a higher rate than anyone not named Durant or Dirk. That's less energy spent than someone like Bran who would have to back down and force his way to the basket every time, not to mention Jordan could just pick up fouls and force him to shoot FTs for his points whenever he does get beat.

Bronbron23
10-06-2019, 09:21 AM
Yeah that's still with other players around and bigs nearby to help. If there was no help and no refs he could just muscle he way back in down in the paint. Shaq could do the same to LeBron. Again it wouldn't be pretty and it doesn't mean shit in relation to 5 on 5 basketball but this isn't even really arguable.

sportjames23
10-07-2019, 05:21 AM

LOL Bron used to get murked by Kobe when he had the nerve to try to check him. What do you think MJ would do to him? :oldlol:

Turbo Slayer
10-07-2019, 05:23 AM
LOL Bron used to get murked by Kobe when he had the nerve to try to check him. What do you think MJ would do to him? :oldlol:

:lol

TheMan
10-07-2019, 11:38 AM
The problem with bigs is that they would have to back down Kobe, MJ or LeBron, from beyond the three point line, if there is a ref, it's much more easier said than done against those defenders, even if they are smaller. The bigs would have to have enough handles to protect the ball to avoid the smaller and quicker defender from making a move to flick the ball away. And as I mentioned, the defender could easily establish his ground and if the big tries to bully his way to the front of the rim, they could be called for offensive fouls. Plus Kobe, MJ and LeBron have the hops to bother the bigs even down low in the post, these aren't midgets with no jumping ability we're talking about...

If Kobe, MJ or LeBron have the ball, they have more options on getting buckets, especially for Kobe and MJ that have a more consistent J...bigs would have to pick their poison, challenge them in the perimeter and watch these guys blow by them or give them the mid-range shot and hope they miss.

To me, it depends on if there's a ref, where the smaller defender can establish position and get the call...no ref, the bigs have the advantage since they can just bully their way to the front of the rim. You don't wanna be viewed as a bitch calling offensive foul after offensive foul even if you do have a point :lol

TheMan
10-07-2019, 12:15 PM
Just saw the KAJ v Dr J video, never even knew they played 1 v 1...a couple of thoughts...KAJ definitely had the advantage and he mopped the floor with Dr J, but what is a small's biggest advantage? His quickness, first step, ability to get past a big out on the perimeter, this was way past their prime KAJ and Dr J, Erving looked slow and in terrible physical condition, he looked winded early on. You don't lose height as you age, you do lose your quickness though, along with hops, the Dr couldn't get space on his drives nor jump like he used too, obviously. That's why bigs have longer careers on average than smalls.

I would've loved to see these two go at it at their prime, my guess is that KAJ maybe still wins but it would be more competitive. One thing I would ask since I don't know, did Dr J have a really good mid-range game? For a small to have a shot against a big, you need to have a reliable jumper to make the big get out to challenge your shot, giving the small the option of also taking it to the hole. It's not a contest if the small can't hit open jumpers, then there would be no reason for the big to have to contest your jumper...

RRR3
10-07-2019, 01:27 PM
16-6

Depression
10-07-2019, 05:59 PM
16-6

That was team vs team. Imagine Kobe in his prime. He would massacre Lebron.

Idiot Lebron stans tryna prop up their so-called hero.

:sleeping

LAmbruh
10-07-2019, 06:01 PM
16-6
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7qDEq2bMbcbPRQ2c/giphy.gif

Depression
10-07-2019, 06:08 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7qDEq2bMbcbPRQ2c/giphy.gif

:rolleyes: Kobe is still better than Lebron. Every rational fan knows this.

Turbo Slayer
10-07-2019, 06:11 PM
:rolleyes: Kobe is still better than Lebron. Every rational fan knows this. LEGOAT is better than KoBrick. :cry:

16-6 boi. :coleman:

Depression
10-07-2019, 06:14 PM
LEGOAT is better than KoBrick. :cry:

16-6 boi. :coleman: Says the 14 year old who has a hearing disability in real life.

GTFO. youre weak. None of the Lebron stans can save yo ass.

Deafo.

Turbo Slayer
10-07-2019, 06:18 PM
Says the 14 year old who has a hearing disability in real life.

GTFO. youre weak. None of the Lebron stans can save yo ass.

Deafo.

You're actually attacking me Depression. I have a hearing disability in IRL yeah so what?

You have a problem with deaf people? Sad man. :coleman:

LAmbruh
10-07-2019, 06:18 PM
Depression

https://media.giphy.com/media/W5NmPDqxSFROCbyEXG/giphy.gif

Depression
10-07-2019, 06:23 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/W5NmPDqxSFROCbyEXG/giphy.gif

:coleman:

LeFraud. And that Turbo Slayer fool is an idiot and a deafo. :roll:

Lambruh is dumb.

Kobe is better than LeFraud. :coleman:

Depression
10-07-2019, 06:24 PM
You're actually attacking me Depression. I have a hearing disability in IRL yeah so what?

You have a problem with deaf people? Sad man. :coleman: :no:

No deaf people allowed here.

Turbo Slayer
10-07-2019, 06:30 PM
:no:

No deaf people allowed here.

Keeping hating on me. LeGOAT is better than Kobe.

16-6. Can't handle it.

And oh, calling me ''deaf'' was childish.

Learn some manners and we can have a proper conversation. :applause:

Turbo Slayer
10-07-2019, 06:32 PM

LeFraud. And that Turbo Slayer fool is an idiot and a deafo. :roll:

Lambruh is dumb.

Kobe is better than LeFraud. :coleman: I actually take offense, Depression. Lambruh is part of the #1 Lebron family and I will not take it easy.

Stop calling insults on our brothers. Just stop it, man SMH.