PDA

View Full Version : Zion needs to play small ball center

90sgoat
10-08-2019, 06:46 AM
This was apparent to me in the 30 seconds I watched.

Every second Zion spends on the perimeter and not in the post is a waste.

Needs to be matched with a rim protecting power forward with range. Miles Turner, Sabonis, Porzingis etc.

Kblaze8855
10-08-2019, 07:01 AM
And then Three games in everyone would be talking about how none of his teams will ever win until he learns to shoot a three. True or not that

MrFonzworth
10-08-2019, 07:01 AM
Okay Manny

90sgoat
10-08-2019, 08:28 AM
And then Three games in everyone would be talking about how none of his teams will ever win until he learns to shoot a three. True or not that’s what everyone demands and if your franchise player can’t do it that’s the first thing everyone is going to site when your team loses even though 29 teams are going to lose including those led by shooters. It’s just a dumb place we find ourselves today.

Admit it Kblaze, you also think it looks dumb to have Zion stand at the 3 point line.

Practically every time he went in the post he scored. The guys they put on him (being largely 3s and 2s, in size) have no chance of stopping him.

Should play him like Shaq with Kobe. Run the ball up every play and have Zion dive in the post, before the defense is set up. Would get those easy 20ppg Shaq talked about, just running and posting, 2-3 times a quarter.

LoneyROY7
10-08-2019, 08:37 AM
Admit it Kblaze, you also think it looks dumb to have Zion stand at the 3 point line.

Practically every time he went in the post he scored. The guys they put on him (being largely 3s and 2s, in size) have no chance of stopping him.

Should play him like Shaq with Kobe. Run the ball up every play and have Zion dive in the post, before the defense is set up. Would get those easy 20ppg Shaq talked about, just running and posting, 2-3 times a quarter.

He can blow-by his man on the perimeter. That's why it makes sense to have him stand out there.

He's a downhill driver and finisher right now. He's not some post-up monster at this point.

90sgoat
10-08-2019, 10:10 AM
He can blow-by his man on the perimeter. That's why it makes sense to have him stand out there.

He's a downhill driver and finisher right now. He's not some post-up monster at this point.

He is also a complete non-factor from 3.

sdot_thadon
10-08-2019, 10:20 AM
I imagine in the high post he'd be borderline unstoppable even without being refined. He's so explosive that he could face up and do one dribble moves into the paint every time down. But playing him closer to the basket maybe takes away from his cutting ability. We'll have a better idea about 10 games in what he'll be capable of. I do somewhat agree that this concept that every player needs a jumper or 3 point shot is kinda silly when there are other facets that can make a guy just as dangerous.

Kblaze8855
10-08-2019, 11:10 AM
I dont like the idea of anyone with those physical gifts bailing out the D by taking a 3 that requires none of his exceptional gifts to get....but thats the world.

Heres what happens without one...

The team loses...which is gonna happen no matter if he can shoot or not....

People will blame a supposed lack of skill....and ignore Lillard, Kyrie, Aldridge, and so on losing as well. Its gonna get in his head...and hes gonna spend 2-3 offseasons becoming a decent to average outside shooter instead of an all time great slasher and inside bully. We just have to hope todays extra spacing and chances to run make him as effective despite less skill than he would have had to develop in between in previous days.

Guys hear all that "He cant shoot...." talk and take it to heart while fans just find some other reason most of the shooters lose anyway.