PDA

View Full Version : Chinese state media and Tencent suspend broadcast of NBA preseason games in China

FKAri
10-08-2019, 11:09 AM
RIP Morey

Source:
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/08/china-state-tv-suspends-nba-broadcasts-after-morey-hong-kong-tweet.html

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GFsK0q7HhqU/maxresdefault.jpg

FultzNationRISE
10-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Glad the NBA is giving Morey a pass on free expression grounds, even tho it

FKAri
10-08-2019, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=FultzNationRISE]Glad the NBA is giving Morey a pass on free expression grounds, even tho it

Levity
10-08-2019, 01:01 PM
the WNBA needs to release a statement saying how much they love China. get that $$$$$$

90sgoat
10-08-2019, 02:47 PM
I repeat myself, both Silver and Morey are idiots.

Morey for thinking he and other "progressives" have a right to meddle in other countries.

Silver for being a profit hungry spineless coward who'd sell his mother for a dollar.

bladefd
10-08-2019, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE]

r0drig0lac
10-08-2019, 03:48 PM
the WNBA needs to release a statement saying how much they love China. get that $$$$$$
:lol :applause:

bison
10-08-2019, 03:57 PM
So they think they can dictate what freedom of speech includes and does not include.. Get the hell out of here.. China knows if they allow one individual (Morey) to voice his view with his platform, more will voice it. Chinese government is clearly scared the HK protests will spread to rest of China. When that happens, the Chinese government ends to exist. HK is their greatest test yet since the Chinese revolution going back to Mao.

I am curious to see how nba responds next. They already apologized like cowards but China wants even more. China wants a full blowjob. Silver is in tough lose-lose position.

Nah most mainlanders hate Hong Kong and see them as western degenerates. China has a good thing going on with rising salaries and a robust middle class. They are not gonna overthrow a government that has served them well.

bladefd
10-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Nah most mainlanders hate Hong Kong and see them as western degenerates. China has a good thing going on with rising salaries and a robust middle class. They are not gonna overthrow a government that has served them well.

If a mainlander showed affection for HK publicly, they would disappear. Probably be thrown in some internment camp or prison. In that scenario, why would anyone admit to respecting or liking anything about HK? Life is more precious than death or backbreaking labor in some sh!tty prison so ofc they have to show love for anything the Chinese government-run media tells them to believe

ralph_i_el
10-08-2019, 04:29 PM

Morey for thinking he and other "progressives" have a right to meddle in other countries.

Silver for being a profit hungry spineless coward who'd sell his mother for a dollar.

This is an example of the Chinese "meddling" in our country.

They are trying to exert economic influence to get an American fired.

TheImmortal
10-08-2019, 07:01 PM
Classic case of "don't bite the hand that feeds you". LOL

Stephen A said it best earlier on first take.. be careful what you say. Plenty of atrocities in the world.. choose wisely big boy.

RoseCity07
10-08-2019, 07:32 PM
And I could give a shit. The NBA makes plenty of money. China can go **** itself.

bobopenguin
10-08-2019, 07:39 PM
SAS is a joke. this man obviously stepped way too far this time with his bullsh*t comment.
there's' basic value we all live and believed in, and it shouldn't be compromised. belive in the right thing, freedom, equality and human rights.

SAS simply implying that, yeah, u got all the rights, but keep that to urself because it might hurt others. This is wrong, u are supposed to embrace those values, makes ppl aware how important they are.

3ball
10-08-2019, 07:45 PM

Agree 100%

Ignorant, low class Americans like Morey are ethnocentric and think other countries should do everything America does.. it couldn't be a dumber way to think

RoseCity07
10-08-2019, 07:47 PM
I'm glad Morey said what he said just because **** China.

FreezingTsmoove
10-08-2019, 08:09 PM
This isnt fair to the Chinese fans and the players. Fatass Daryl Morey doesnt represent the entire NBA, he was already hated by a lot of people for encouraging 3 point shootouts, flopping, and traveling. I have always called him a disgrace to the game but he took it to another level this time....

egokiller
10-08-2019, 08:26 PM
If China gov is mad about the support being given for anti-government protests in Hong Kong, then that’s too bad. Be mad all you want, but the support isn’t going to stop. Stopping pre-season games? Such are the actions of a child that needs to be hand held by big daddy USA.

90sgoat
10-08-2019, 09:20 PM
Agree 100%

Ignorant, low class Americans like Morey are ethnocentric and think other countries should do everything America does.. it couldn't be a dumber way to think

Morey is not low class, he is swpl aka "basic bitch white" aka middle class fanatic aka just enough knowledge to be dangerously wrong.

ronniec
10-09-2019, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE=egokiller]If China gov is mad about the support being given for anti-government protests in Hong Kong, then that

FKAri
10-09-2019, 04:04 PM
Thank you for supporting this...

We all live in U.S. and enjoying the "freedom" and "human rights" that we have, no idea why we need to bow down to the communists who treat people like $hit.

I emphasize this again... NBA does not need the market in China, as they have already making huge revenue all over the world. NBA is already earning billions everywhere, and another billion or two is just a figure. They won't go broke because losing the market there.
We are not talking about a small, near-to-broke organization that needs the revenue in China. We are talking about NBA, the monster.
Freedom is a relative concept. Also, the NBA adheres to the tenets of Capitalism so they're not going to give up on China unless it benefits them financially.

dbugz
10-09-2019, 04:06 PM
who even watch pre season games/battle of the scrubs?

:roll: :roll:

egokiller
10-09-2019, 04:08 PM

Fvck China. Americans will say what they want to who they want when they want.:applause:

90sgoat
10-09-2019, 04:28 PM
Fvck China. Americans will say what they want to who they want when they want.:applause:

Many "americans" sound an awful lot like radical communists these days. Pop, Morey, Silver, etc. Communists.

bladefd
10-09-2019, 04:36 PM

I don't know what is worse between China trying to silence citizens in other countries through threatening their bottom line OR companies here like Disney/Nike/Apple complying.. I would say the latter

imdaman99
10-09-2019, 04:53 PM
Butthurt China still crying about a tweet. Fk off you whiney btches.

No one from another country should have the right to tell us what to tweet. We don't need your dirty money anyway. Good luck keeping your youth from watching NBA games.

FultzNationRISE
10-09-2019, 04:58 PM
I don't know what is worse between China trying to silence citizens in other countries through threatening their bottom line OR companies here like Disney/Nike/Apple complying.. I would say the latter

:biggums:

Disney/Nike/Apple already silence their own employees from saying anything political that may hurt their bottom line.

Are you legit not aware of that?

China is reacting to the NBA the way petulant libs do when something is said that

CelticBaller
10-09-2019, 04:59 PM

Pretty much

Kblaze8855
10-09-2019, 05:02 PM

So having an opinion about what happens in another country is meddling? Is it even possible to not have an opinion on things once you

CelticBaller
10-09-2019, 05:05 PM
Butthurt China still crying about a tweet. Fk off you whiney btches.

No one from another country should have the right to tell us what to tweet. We don't need your dirty money anyway. Good luck keeping your youth from watching NBA games.
I mean, if the NBA is in bed with China. It would makes sense one of their employee would not talk shit about them

Either you take the money or you support morey trashing them

Kblaze8855
10-09-2019, 05:11 PM
The entire earth is in business with China while still acknowledging that the political situation sucks for people on the wrong side. It

CelticBaller
10-09-2019, 05:15 PM
The entire earth is in business with China while still acknowledging that the political situation sucks for people on the wrong side. It’s like the Middle East. You do business with them But you know how things are over there. What’s the point of pretending?
I don’t care what they do over there. I live in America and some of my family in the Caribbean. Those are the countries I worry about

FultzNationRISE
10-09-2019, 05:31 PM
So having an opinion about what happens in another country is meddling? Is it even possible to not have an opinion on things once you’re aware of them? Can one have the opinion so long as it is internal? What’s the issue here? The existence of an opinion or saying what it is?

Do you not feel he does not have a right to say what his opinion is while in a country that says you can?

In a world that has international news other countries will be aware of what is happening in yours. How are they not to form opinions?

An opinion is not meddling.

To play Devil’s Advocate on this, Morey did not simply say “I agree with HK.”

He urged people to “FIGHT” and “STAND” for a particular side of the issue. (Ironically he deleted the message at the first sign of trouble :lol )

Technically he didnt express an opinion. His tweet was an explicit directive for people to “meddle.”

Kblaze8855
10-09-2019, 05:31 PM
Not caring doesn

305Baller
10-09-2019, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=FultzNationRISE]To play Devil

tpols
10-09-2019, 05:33 PM
Agree 100%

Bingo.

Kiss that 1 billion population market share bye bye.

Kblaze8855
10-09-2019, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE=FultzNationRISE]To play Devil

305Baller
10-09-2019, 05:36 PM
morey:

https://image.shutterstock.com/image-photo/scared-man-chatting-online-close-260nw-1361148668.jpg

fight Hong KOng!! dont back down yum yumm...barfffff

deleted.

:lol

FultzNationRISE
10-09-2019, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]If

FultzNationRISE
10-09-2019, 05:40 PM

typical liberal shit talker

I agree. IMO that should be the headline on this issue. The guy tweets FIGHT and STAND, then immediately takes it down when his boss scolds him.

Humanity

Kblaze8855
10-09-2019, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=FultzNationRISE]Im not saying it

brooks_thompson
10-09-2019, 05:54 PM
This is so stupid. The NBA shoudn

FultzNationRISE
10-09-2019, 05:57 PM
If he’s calling for the people there to “mettle” aren’t they the ones involved in the first place making it....a....non mettle? You know what?

I think we both can bail before this gets any further down a “Well....actually...” path and the neckbeards sprout. I’m gonna go get something from McDonald’s. I don’t think I’ve been there in 6 months. Gonna check back to see if the mcchicken is still good but....not that good.

Okay.

Tho he did say “WITH Hong Kong.”

So clearly it’s addressed to some theoretical third party.

But it’s all good.

Xiao Yao You
10-09-2019, 06:16 PM
The BIG3 visit throughout China that was scheduled for the entire month of November has been postponed.

305Baller
10-09-2019, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE=Xiao Yao You]The BIG3 visit throughout China that was scheduled for the entire month of November has been postponed.

Xiao Yao You
10-09-2019, 06:24 PM
:roll:

cancel basketball!!!

cancel black people in china!!!

:roll: :lol :roll:

they have a half black guy on their national volleyball team or did anyway

305Baller
10-09-2019, 06:33 PM
they have a half black guy on their national volleyball team or did anyway

CelticBaller
10-09-2019, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]Not caring doesn

bladefd
10-09-2019, 06:43 PM
This is so stupid. The NBA shoudn’t have acknowledged it at all. If they had to release a statement due to backlash it should’ve simply said ‘we don’t police our employees’ social media outlets for expressing their personal views’ and left it at that, consequences be damned. Now that China’s canceling shit even after those weak apologies and saying they still want Morey fired, I’m on the side that this is grounds for a good ol’ American **** you. But do those even exist any more?

I don't even know if Morey getting fired would appease the Chinese government. I have no idea what the bastards even want. Perhaps Silver saying "You are right about your definition of free speech! Our policy will change, and we will police what our players and staff can or cannot say"?? :facepalm

Levity
10-09-2019, 06:51 PM
I don't even know if Morey getting fired would appease the Chinese government. I have no idea what the bastards even want. Perhaps Silver saying "You are right about your definition of free speech! Our policy will change, and we will police what our players and staff can or cannot say"?? :facepalm

right now, the way the chinese govt is acting, its akin to a child hanging out with his friends, getting butt hurt, and then taking all this toys and going home and locking the door. theres no rationalizing it. its butt hurt tantrum throwing at its finest.

Xiao Yao You
10-09-2019, 06:54 PM
They've certainly made the situation worse. Hong Kong wasn't even on most people's radar before this

bladefd
10-09-2019, 07:18 PM
They've certainly made the situation worse. Hong Kong wasn't even on most people's radar before this

China has its back against the wall concerning Hong Kong. They know if they push it in Hong Kong by openly sending in their army killing people ala Tienanmen Square, the whole world will know what they have done. If they allow it to fester, Hong Kong protests could potentially spread. Chinese government is scared sh!tless of both scenarios. Their power and control is on the line.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Those in absolute power will fight like hell if their absolute power is ever threatened by any entity, internal or external.

Xiao Yao You
10-09-2019, 07:24 PM
people aren't going to like losing the NBA there either

bigkingsfan
10-09-2019, 07:46 PM
people aren't going to like losing the NBA there either
They'll be fine since they pirate the shit out of everything there. The NBA has a lot more to lose.

bladefd
10-09-2019, 08:05 PM
Apparently there was a GoFundMe or something that raised $40k for tee-shirts saying something about standing with Hong Kong and freedom for Lakers vs Clippers opening game at Staples Center. They have enough money for every person in Staples and some left over. Awesome!

I hope people sneak in with it because we know security will be confiscating them. They can't possibly throw out thousands of fans though.. Imagine if 10,000 fans have the Hong Kong shirt on for 3 hours on national tv. The guy plans on doing it for other regular season games too (probably big matchups) :oldlol:

China is going to get highlighted over and over again. They f*cked up saying anything about Morey's tweet. Fire Morey or not, the fans are going to light it up :pimp:

egokiller
10-09-2019, 08:15 PM
China is fvcked and there's nothing that can be done except watching them take it up the ass. How do you think that makes them feel, knowing the whole world is watching them get bent over raw? :lol

305Baller
10-09-2019, 08:23 PM
China is fvcked and there's nothing that can be done except watching them take it up the ass. How do you think that makes them feel, knowing the whole world is watching them get bent over raw? :lol

china is actually killing it right now. if they go fascist there will be a huge throwdown. hopefully they evolve in this lavish success and not **** things up even worse

DoctorP
10-09-2019, 08:27 PM

china is actually killing it right now. if they go fascist there will be a huge throwdown. hopefully they evolve in this lavish success and not **** things up even worse

Trumps tarriffs are affecting them

Mean Joe Bean
10-10-2019, 12:11 AM
Trumps tarriffs are affecting them

More like the chinese tariffs are affecting us! American farmers are definitely feeling it. So are many small businesses in America. This trade war helps no one.

bobopenguin
10-10-2019, 12:18 AM
More like the chinese tariffs are affecting us! American farmers are definitely feeling it. So are many small businesses in America. This trade war helps no one.

china has been exercising unfair trading practise for a long time, it's affecting everyone. Why are u blaming USA who's looking for a fair trade?
It was chinese government who force its ppl not to buy from USA farmer, this is unhealthy economic structure when government involved too deep and has control over everything.

FultzNationRISE
10-10-2019, 12:22 AM

It hurts today, but the point is we have to act now to force China onto an even playing field. Otherwise theyll keep gaming the system.

Hey, you pay your credit card bill today, it’s gonna hurt your expenses for today and tomorrow and the rest of the week. Why hurt yourself like that?? Well, because in a year from now youll be glad you did.

Cant have everything. Some goals require sacrifice. It’s not as simple as “what is the impact TODAY.” There’s also a longer term outlook to consider.

FKAri
10-10-2019, 12:23 AM
This is so stupid. The NBA shoudn’t have acknowledged it at all. If they had to release a statement due to backlash it should’ve simply said ‘we don’t police our employees’ social media outlets for expressing their personal views’ and left it at that, consequences be damned. Now that China’s canceling shit even after those weak apologies and saying they still want Morey fired, I’m on the side that this is grounds for a good ol’ American **** you. But do those even exist any more?
**** you's to China are expensive ones. China has us all "cucked".

DoctorP
10-10-2019, 01:06 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/xR75DExOzcUGA/giphy.gif

305Baller
10-10-2019, 11:46 PM
https://img.sportsv.net/img/photo/image/0/138940/aspect-oub2PTKMYt-565xauto.jpg

305Baller
10-10-2019, 11:46 PM
http://img.mp.itc.cn/upload/20170407/f180c4e3a5214671802a478f24708433_th.jpeg

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/587ec4a03a0411956505c8ec/1556691881919-PIDLI3TMHLH4AHARU7EX/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kMf1_TSqx6ggHLJKOkcrzRh7gQa3H7 8H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLf rh8O1z5QHyNOqBUUEtDDsRWrJLTmLLxGPZs9cXJqW7PQ94qJw5 1RAT348CDhXC4-dqreZZFDFuu-IMUANOelXGpawCIs/99+Jerseys-Basketball-Master+RGB-05.jpg