PDA

View Full Version : Pick One: Play the game but can't watch NBA or watch NBA but can't play the game.

ClipperRevival
10-10-2019, 12:14 AM
If you were absolutely forced to pick just one, which would you pick?

1) You can watch the NBA but can NEVER play the game yourself?

OR

2) You can play the game for the rest of your life but can NEVER watch the NBA?

keep-itreal
10-10-2019, 12:16 AM
1) You can watch the NBA but can NEVER play the game yourself?

easily this. I haven't played basketball since middle school. I rather sit on the couch and watch the NBA

LAmbruh
10-10-2019, 12:16 AM
3) Neither but able to follow box scores

ClipperRevival
10-10-2019, 12:22 AM
easily this. I haven't played basketball since middle school. I rather sit on the couch and watch the NBA

I'm the complete opposite. Playing the game is one of the pure loves of my life, I would be hurting big time if I can't play the game. It's always been sort of a refuge for me too. Ball if Life for me. :lol

ClipperRevival
10-10-2019, 12:23 AM

Makes sense coming from you babyboi. :oldlol:

bigkingsfan
10-10-2019, 12:25 AM
If you ask me this question when I was 10 then it's B, but now easily A

scuzzy
10-10-2019, 12:25 AM
this

FKAri
10-10-2019, 12:30 AM
My playing days are long gone. Respect to those who still keep it going but that shit kills your knees and I want to be able to stand at Derrick Rose's kid's wedding.

DoctorP
10-10-2019, 12:39 AM
playing the game. the nba is entertainment but the game is a lifestyle.

iamgine
10-10-2019, 12:47 AM
I think this question should assume lets say you are still at your playing days and NBA watching days at the same time.

I must say I'd pick playing. I LOVE watching the NBA but I loved playing more. Now I don't play anymore though.

Dr Hawk
10-10-2019, 04:10 AM
I live in Europe so I barely get to watch NBA games live. I can only watch those early sunday games and the first quarter or half of an early game on friday and saturday, but I still follow the league as close as I can watching game recap videos.

I don't play the game a lot either, 2 times a week max, but I would choose it over watching the NBA.

SamuraiSWISH
10-10-2019, 04:47 AM
Play. Nothing on this planet has ever brought me the same levels of joy to do. Unfortunately.

Overdrive
10-10-2019, 08:27 AM
Playing. Not even close.

ImKobe
10-10-2019, 08:51 AM

Yup

ILLsmak
10-10-2019, 09:16 AM
I prol couldn't run 5s (since like 6 years ago) and might even get sauced by a 13 year old if it was a game to 15. haha, but I still choose playing.

For some reason, my health has gone to shit even tho I'm not old. I don't really have any bodily problems, maybe a bit of sore joints from overuse, but swimming, shooting around, and walking are the only forms of exercise I can do for long periods, and shooting around is the best. No matter how ass I feel or if I'm in pain w/e, I enjoy shooting around, so it's kind of essential to my life. Exercise is important no matter how shit you feel.

Plus the NBA is pretty trash. Even when I loved the NBA I wouldn't have chosen to not play bball. As an angsty kid before drugs (gonads n strife), bball was my release. Now it's the same thing, can clear your head no matter what happens. Even if it's just me and the hoop.

-Smak

fsvr54
10-10-2019, 10:04 AM
All the people picking play would regret it in their 60s and 70s (and upwards). I love playing ball, it's my favorite thing, but I need something to watch when I'm older.

imdaman99
10-10-2019, 10:05 AM
Am I getting paid like an NBA Player? How can anyone pick anything else? :lol it's not like the NBA is some fantastic product right now. Unless you were to tell me the Knicks will win the Finals one day... than give me playing in the NBA and getting paid that I can make last the rest of my life.

Getting paid or watching the Knicks, a team that does nothing but give me heartache for the rest of my life? OK

PeroAntic
10-10-2019, 10:11 AM
Watching NBA because you can always play football (what ignorant Americans call soccer) :D

brooks_thompson
10-10-2019, 11:10 AM
It

HylianNightmare
10-10-2019, 11:59 AM
I'm the complete opposite. Playing the game is one of the pure loves of my life, I would be hurting big time if I can't play the game. It's always been sort of a refuge for me too. Ball if Life for me. :lol
Yep, without ball I get depressed and fat. Easily give up watching

Rico2016
10-10-2019, 12:13 PM
Play. Nothing on this planet has ever brought me the same levels of joy to do. Unfortunately.

*coaching

superduper
10-10-2019, 12:21 PM

Makes sense coming from you babyboi. :oldlol:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Typical Brannies

bullettooth
10-10-2019, 12:54 PM

We all know that's how you follow the game.

Naero
10-10-2019, 08:35 PM
I could do without both if needed, but I'd find it much harder to give up my TV—which I virtually only use to watch sports nowadays—than the dust-collecting basketball in my garage.

I loved playing it in high school—I eked out a slot on the varsity roster as a senior and played multiple years of AAU prior—but I never deluded myself that I had any future in the sport. I've found a much more realistically gainful career and hobbies since, and I've had no problem foregoing the game to spend more time burnishing those.

I've never been able to put my blinders on to NBA games, however, whether I've had time to watch them immersively or sift through the replays later (only drawback of working second shift for me; you miss out on prime-time events). It inspires me to see others excel on any platform (while I'm mindful not to live vicariously), and the NBA has been among the most entertaining ones for me (aside from the Golden Medal Warriors dynasty).

Unlike most other avocations—which you can flourish at until you're senile—playing sports is too somatogenic: Father Time thwarts you relatively early no matter how mentally dedicated you are, and He'll ultimately leave you ruminating about the worthwhileness of the time. Maybe the playership memories alone will be worth it to many others, but I'm personally looking for a much more durable upside with all I invest my prime years into.

ClipperRevival
10-14-2019, 12:28 AM

:cheers:

ClipperRevival
10-14-2019, 12:29 AM
Playing. Not even close.

ClipperRevival
10-14-2019, 12:31 AM
I prol couldn't run 5s (since like 6 years ago) and might even get sauced by a 13 year old if it was a game to 15. haha, but I still choose playing.

For some reason, my health has gone to shit even tho I'm not old. I don't really have any bodily problems, maybe a bit of sore joints from overuse, but swimming, shooting around, and walking are the only forms of exercise I can do for long periods, and shooting around is the best. No matter how ass I feel or if I'm in pain w/e, I enjoy shooting around, so it's kind of essential to my life. Exercise is important no matter how shit you feel.

Plus the NBA is pretty trash. Even when I loved the NBA I wouldn't have chosen to not play bball. As an angsty kid before drugs (gonads n strife), bball was my release. Now it's the same thing, can clear your head no matter what happens. Even if it's just me and the hoop.

-Smak

ClipperRevival
10-14-2019, 12:32 AM
[QUOTE=brooks_thompson]It

ClipperRevival
10-14-2019, 12:33 AM
Yep, without ball I get depressed and fat. Easily give up watching

AlternativeAcc.
10-14-2019, 12:40 AM
Play.

I rarely watch nowadays anyways

Keeping up with the NBA without watching is pretty easy anyways. Been doing it for a few years now honestly.

BigShotBob
10-14-2019, 01:12 AM
I haven't played since my daughters were young so it's not like I'd be missing out on much. I gave up running games at the local gym to spend most of my time working to raise them, and I used to play basketball with them in the gym.

Both of my daughters love basketball and follow the NBA and WNBA but I don't play much of anything. If I need exercise I just lift some weights at home or something.

Jasper
10-14-2019, 10:15 AM
I played playground as well as high school ball , and league as well.

Now I am happy to walk , and running is impossible as well as jumping.
I will and have voted WATCH IT.