PDA

View Full Version : MVP Curry is back

Doranku
10-11-2019, 12:10 AM
40 with 5:30 left in the 3rd. Dude is putting on an off-ball CLINIC out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5C8vQ4tSSQ

JohnMax
10-11-2019, 12:11 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/3xjx0Kzc/tenor-7.gif

LAmbruh
10-11-2019, 12:20 AM
all aboard regular season Steph HYPE TRAIN :banana: :dancin :roll:

Doranku
10-11-2019, 02:22 AM
Poor Jake Layman. Got put on skates twice by Dingo. :lol

Dr Hawk
10-11-2019, 03:05 AM
Video unavailable
The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

Not cool NBA.

Manny98
10-11-2019, 05:58 AM
:bowdown: :bowdown:

Kblaze8855
10-11-2019, 06:28 AM
You had to figure he was gonna take it back to 2016 aggression wise.

Id like to see another 30ppg year out of him.

With Lebron, AD, George, Harden, and Westbrook all on team with one of the others...and KD injured...hes in a great spot to be MVP. Him, Giannis, or maybe Embiid I guess...

He and Giannis are the only winners from the last 8 years not playing with someone likely to hurt their production or the credit they get for winning.

Not sure who else is in the conversation right now. Feels like im forgetting someone though.

Doranku
10-11-2019, 06:42 AM
You had to figure he was gonna take it back to 2016 aggression wise.

Id like to see another 30ppg year out of him.

With Lebron, AD, George, Harden, and Westbrook all on team with one of the others...and KD injured...hes in a great spot to be MVP. Him, Giannis, or maybe Embiid I guess...

He and Giannis are the only winners from the last 8 years not playing with someone likely to hurt their production or the credit they get for winning.

Not sure who else is in the conversation right now. Feels like im forgetting someone though.

I'd give the Joker an outside shot. If he can lead the Nuggets to the #1 seed without a legitimate second option, that's a narrative that would definitely pick up traction for MVP.

insidehoops
10-11-2019, 07:52 AM
Steph shot like an ISH fam member: 14 of 19 FG.

Kblaze8855
10-11-2019, 07:55 AM
Jokic. That’s who I was forgetting. He’s there with Steph and Giannis far as having nobody to take his credit.

Hey Yo
10-11-2019, 10:19 AM
I'd give the Joker an outside shot. If he can lead the Nuggets to the #1 seed without a legitimate second option, that's a narrative that would definitely pick up traction for MVP.
Jamal Murray says hi.

Gileraracer
10-11-2019, 10:27 AM

U mad that he has the same amount of rings as your idol without team hopping twice to get more help? :lol

brooks_thompson
10-11-2019, 11:12 AM
Poor Jake Layman. Got put on skates twice by Dingo. :lol

I thought that was Luka Doncic

Bronbron23
10-11-2019, 12:37 PM
40 with 5:30 left in the 3rd. Dude is putting on an off-ball CLINIC out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5C8vQ4tSSQ
No he's not. He'll put up amazing numbers no dought but warriors won't make the playoffs so there's no way he's getting MVP.

AlternativeAcc.
10-11-2019, 01:04 PM
MVP Curry got beat out by 12ppg Iggy for FMVP and averaged 17ppg in the finals the year after

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Even his peak is hilariously underwhelming. No wonder you've got losers like OP celebrating preseason games in October :lol

Curry fans are the most shamed and looked down upon fanbase in all of sports

Turbo Slayer
10-11-2019, 01:05 PM
MVP Curry got beat out by 12ppg Iggy for FMVP and averaged 17ppg in the finals the year after

Even his peak is hilariously underwhelming. No wonder you've got loser like OP celebrating preseason games in October :lol
:lol

TheBranStan
10-11-2019, 01:48 PM

Even his peak is hilariously underwhelming. No wonder you've got losers like OP celebrating preseason games in October :lol

Bodied :lol

Wally450
10-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Why is he trying so hard in the preseason.

He should try doing that in the Finals. :lol

AirBonner
10-11-2019, 04:12 PM
Curry

LAmbruh
10-11-2019, 04:47 PM

:roll:

Kiddlovesnets
10-11-2019, 05:04 PM
Curry lost his chance to be a top 10 great since 2016, the two sidekick rings with Durant leading GSW aint helping his legacy.

Stephonit
10-11-2019, 06:04 PM
LeBron fans talking smack about Curry. How predictable. Scared Curry will deliver another team composed mainly of castoffs and first-timers to the playoffs in the Western Conference where LeBron couldn't.

Doranku
10-11-2019, 06:05 PM

Who the **** are you? Typical LeBron stan fabricating numbers. Steph averaged 23ppg in the finals the year after. Ironically enough, LeBron is the one who averaged 17ppg in the finals during his prime, not Steph. :oldlol:

Keno
10-11-2019, 06:23 PM
Curry has been irrelevant for a while now, cringe at the thought of "mvp" being back.

ImKobe
10-11-2019, 06:35 PM

Umm, he averaged ~23 ppg in just 35 minutes per game since most of the games were blowouts and still broke the Finals' 3-point record with over 11 attempts per game at 40%, I know people have dumped on his FG% but almost all of his shots were 3s.

The year Iggy won FMVP, Curry averaged 10.8 ppg on 55/50/92 splits or 75%TS in the 4th quarters alone, I don't think you can find me a better 4th quarter scoring average for any player in Finals history if we go by volume and efficiency.

ImKobe
10-11-2019, 06:36 PM
Curry has been irrelevant for a while now, cringe at the thought of "mvp" being back.

Curry has been to every Finals since 2015. He led a team to the Finals with no KD last year year while your guy was busy missing the Playoffs.

Turbo Slayer
10-11-2019, 06:50 PM
Curry has been to every Finals since 2015. He led a team to the Finals with no KD last year year while your guy was busy missing the Playoffs.
Curry choked in GM 6 :(

bigkingsfan
10-11-2019, 06:55 PM
KD played the first two rounds, so nope.

ImKobe
10-11-2019, 06:57 PM

Better than choking in February/March and winning 4 out of 15 games during "Playoff mode" like Bran did :lol

KD played the first two rounds, so nope.

Last time I checked, they were 2 - 2 with Houston as KD got injured, Curry won 6 straight games en route to the Finals.

bigkingsfan
10-11-2019, 07:10 PM
Last time I checked, they were 2 - 2 with Houston as KD got injured, Curry won 6 straight games en route to the Finals.
Wrong, he played most of game five and the team had the lead before he went down.

ImKobe
10-11-2019, 07:15 PM
Wrong, he played most of game five and the team had the lead before he went down.

So the Warriors - Rockets series wasn't tied at 2 - 2 as KD got injured? Is that what you're telling me?

Oh they had a 3-point lead in the 3rd quarter as it happened, that changes everything :sleeping

Curry only had 12 points in the 4th of that game (tied going into the 4th) to win and proceeded to destroy the Rockets on the road in Game 6 with 23 4th quarter points, followed by sweeping Portland while averaging 37/8/7 on 66%TS.

Yup, Curry was a total bum.

bigkingsfan
10-11-2019, 07:18 PM
So the Warriors - Rockets series wasn't tied at 2 - 2 as KD got injured? Is that what you're telling me?

Oh they had a 3-point lead in the 3rd quarter as it happened, that changes everything :sleeping

Curry only had 12 points in the 4th of that game (tied going into the 4th) to win and proceeded to destroy the Rockets on the road in Game 6 with 23 4th quarter points, followed by sweeping Portland while averaging 37/8/7 on 66%TS.

Yup, Curry was a total bum.
You're telling me that someone that played 80% of the series didn't have any impact in it. Is that what you're telling me?

ImKobe
10-11-2019, 07:19 PM
You're telling me that someone that played 80% of the series didn't have any impact in it. Is that what you're telling me?

I'm saying Curry got his team to the Finals, which he did.

bigkingsfan
10-11-2019, 07:20 PM
I'm saying Curry got his team to the Finals, which he did.
*With KD help.

ImKobe
10-11-2019, 07:23 PM
*With KD help.

Like I said, the series was tied 2 - 2 so Curry had to close that out and he had to win the WCF, that's half the wins in the WC.

Either way, your hero was busy losing almost all of his games in March while Curry got a team to the Finals yet again.

bigkingsfan
10-11-2019, 07:28 PM
Like I said, the series was tied 2 - 2 so Curry had to close that out and he had to win the WCF, that's half the wins in the WC.

Either way, your hero was busy losing almost all of his games in March while Curry got a team to the Finals yet again.
Durant contribution 2.75 wins, Curry 1.25

My hero is not a basketball player.

Stephonit
10-11-2019, 07:33 PM

The series was basically reduced to a best of 2 1/3 games with the Warriors experiencing a sudden big change in their lineup in the middle of a critical game.

*With KD help.

I'm actually more impressed with the Warriors because of their resolve in the face of the sudden shock of losing KD. Are you going to argue that losing KD under those circumstances was helpful? If anything the likely psychological effect would have been to dispirit a lesser team. They showed that they could deal with adversity.

bigkingsfan
10-11-2019, 07:37 PM
The series was basically reduced to a best of 2 1/3 games with the Warriors experiencing a sudden big change in their lineup in the middle of a critical game.

I'm actually more impressed with the Warriors because of their resolve in the face of the sudden shock of losing KD. Are you going to argue that losing KD under those circumstances was helpful? If anything the possible psychological impact could have been much more detrimental given a different caliber of team on top of losing KD.
The Warriors were literally smiling after KD injury.

"This quote Steph gave to @WindhorstESPN about the Warriors reaction to KD's injury is really telling: "We all looked at each other. There were a couple smiles in terms of what that meant for us as a team -- the guys that were going to need to step up in those moments."

Stephonit
10-11-2019, 07:41 PM
The Warriors were literally smiling after KD injury.

"This quote Steph gave to @WindhorstESPN about the Warriors reaction to KD's injury is really telling: "We all looked at each other. There were a couple smiles in terms of what that meant for us as a team -- the guys that were going to need to step up in those moments."

Yeah they saw it as a challenge to be accepted not a loss to be scared of. Championship pedigree showing through. Championship pedigree established without KD. Is that supposed to be a negative for Curry?

bigkingsfan
10-11-2019, 07:43 PM
Yeah they saw it as a challenge to be accepted not a loss to be scared of. Championship pedigree showing through. Is that supposed to be a negative?
So much for psychological impact and detrimental...

Stephonit
10-11-2019, 07:45 PM
So much for psychological impact and detrimental...

Winning with Curry previously likely helped them overcome the shock so that's credit to Curry.

bigkingsfan
10-11-2019, 07:48 PM
Winning with Curry previously likely helped them overcome the shock so that's credit to Curry.
Yes, Curry always had his big moments until the finals.

Stephonit
10-11-2019, 07:52 PM
Yes, Curry always had his big moments until the finals.

Curry's had tougher roads to the finals that decimated his team before he got there.

bigkingsfan
10-11-2019, 08:13 PM
Curry's had tougher roads to the finals that decimated his team before he got there.
Playing with KD and sweeping through the West definitely takes it toll.

ImKobe
10-11-2019, 08:17 PM
Playing with KD and sweeping through the West definitely takes it toll.

Yeah, coming back down 1 - 3 against Durant and WB was easy.

bigkingsfan
10-11-2019, 08:20 PM
Yeah, coming back down 1 - 3 against Durant and WB was easy.
It definitely is.

ImKobe
10-11-2019, 08:29 PM
It definitely is.

You would know a lot about the Playoffs as a Kings fan. Oh wait.

warriorfan
10-11-2019, 08:40 PM

rip

bigkingsfan
10-11-2019, 09:09 PM
You would know a lot about the Playoffs as a Lakers fan. Oh wait.

Jingo
10-12-2019, 01:53 AM
Yup. You just know he's gonna crash and burn in the POs without KD. I cannot wait

Jingo
10-12-2019, 01:57 AM
Which game 6? You gotta be specific

Stephonit
10-12-2019, 03:04 AM
Lots of upside for this season. As long as Curry is healthy it will be fun.

hold this L
10-12-2019, 03:31 AM
He needs to stay healthy and average 35mpg this RS. He will be needed to play like 15, 16 seasons with Klay out for 2/3rds of the season. There's way too many questions for this season though, how will the depth be, will there be enough shooting outside of Steph and Klay when he's back, and obviously the big one being defense.

If you look at last years finals even with the box and 1, the issue was defense. The team needed to defend better. Granted it was decimated with injuries in epic proportions, but I'd feel much better if the team had some all around star defenders for the team. A real shame Iggy left and may even join the Clippers or Lakers if he gets bought out. That's a double dagger :facepalm

hold this L
10-12-2019, 03:33 AM
Which game 6? You gotta be specific
In 2015 when he bodied your hero Simon. I was looking at 2017 and 2018 but there was no game 6 needed for those series against LeEarlyExit. :bowdown:

Stephonit
10-12-2019, 04:01 AM
People still don't seem to quite realize what Curry is. He's a Jordan-level player, a tier above LeBron. They should be giddy at the prospect of what he might be able to produce.

ImKobe
10-12-2019, 06:25 AM
You would know a lot about the Playoffs as a Lakers fan. Oh wait.

At least my team's been in the Playoffs this decade :roll:

Manny98
10-12-2019, 07:32 AM
People still don't seem to quite realize what Curry is. He's a Jordan-level player, a tier above LeBron. They should be giddy at the prospect of what he might be able to produce.
Curry is not a tier above LeBron you delusional moron

Stephonit
10-12-2019, 07:36 AM
Curry is not a tier above LeBron you delusional moron

A tier above. Someone with multiple personality disorder shouldn't be accusing others of being delusional.

Hey Yo
10-12-2019, 09:54 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Stephonit
10-12-2019, 11:31 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

I have it as a 50% chance that in a couple of years we'll be looking back and a LeBron fan will have the temerity to say Curry had it good because he had studs like Jordan Poole and Marquese Chriss to work with while LeBron was encumbered by Anthony Davis.

sdot_thadon
10-12-2019, 11:34 AM
Curry looks pretty good so far, I hope he's back the game is always better when stars shine. That said, don't get ahead of yourselves though. He's still very much the same guy with the same weaknesses until proven otherwise.

bigkingsfan
10-12-2019, 12:14 PM
At least my team's been in the Playoffs this decade :roll:
Kings are a poorly run franchise and still did better than the Lakers in the last five years.

ImKobe
10-12-2019, 12:36 PM
Kings are a poorly run franchise and still did better than the Lakers in the last five years.

Umm, Lakers tanked for a bunch of lottery picks and ended up with two of the 5 best players in the league, when's the last time the Kings had a legitimate top 5 player in the league? And no, DMC never was 1st team All-NBA.

bigkingsfan
10-12-2019, 12:47 PM
Umm, Lakers tanked for a bunch of lottery picks and ended up with two of the 5 best players in the league, when's the last time the Kings had a legitimate top 5 player in the league? And no, DMC never was 1st team All-NBA.
Since you're fond of all nba teams, Davis didn't make one last year and Lebron was 3rd. So they don't have a top five either.

warriorfan
10-12-2019, 03:14 PM
butthurtkingsfan

StrongLurk
10-12-2019, 08:48 PM
Curry is disrespected by casual fans. True bball fans know Curry will end up as a top 15-20 player of all time...which is crazy to think based on him staying in college for so long and how he played his first 3 years in the league.

Stephonit
10-12-2019, 09:20 PM
The media shows him more disrespect than even fans. If he wins MVP and leads the Warriors to a championship this year with the cast he's saddled with he's top 5.

Bronbron23
10-12-2019, 09:24 PM
Curry is disrespected by casual fans. True bball fans know Curry will end up as a top 15-20 player of all time...which is crazy to think based on him staying in college for so long and how he played his first 3 years in the league.
Im not a curry fan but I actually agree that he could be a top 20 atg when his career is all said and done but most of his Stan's think he's a top 5 already.

I'll give u credit. Your one of the few curry fans that rate him fairly accurately.

ImKobe
10-13-2019, 10:08 AM
Since you're fond of all nba teams, Davis didn't make one last year and Lebron was 3rd. So they don't have a top five either.

AD's clearly been a top 5 player over the past 3-4 years and so has Lebron, just because both rested the 2nd half of last season doesn't mean they're not top 5 when they're on the floor.

But don't worry, at least you have De'Aaron Fox and Harrison Barnes :roll: .

StrongLurk
10-13-2019, 11:08 AM
Im not a curry fan but I actually agree that he could be a top 20 atg when his career is all said and done but most of his Stan's think he's a top 5 already.

I'll give u credit. Your one of the few curry fans that rate him fairly accurately.

I'm not even a Curry "fan". I mean he is entertaining for sure and I like him, but I'm just an objective fan of the game and not a soyboy beta cuck stan.

Stephonit
10-13-2019, 11:10 AM
Im not a curry fan but I actually agree that he could be a top 20 atg when his career is all said and done.

He's top 15 and closer to top 10 if not in it already. There aren't more than 15 players with 2 MVPs and there aren't more than 10 with 2 MVPs and 2 rings.

There is no one else who can claim to have led a team to 3 67-win seasons, including the record 73-win season or the 16-1 playoffs record. No one else has been a unanimous MVP.

Try being the basketball historian that argues against that being top 15. The case is as objective as you are going to get. It's the detractors who will need to be inventive to come up with excuses to deny him. Let's face it there are more than a few on this board probably and you'd do so more emphatically yourself if you could manufacture reasons to do so without looking like a complete hater.

hold this L
10-13-2019, 01:07 PM
Well then you must be a casual fan then, because there's no way he's not in the top 20 already.
- spearheaded one of the GOAT teams, best team of this decade
- pioneered the 3 ball game
- greatest shooter ever and one of the best scorers ever
- 3 championships
- 2 MVPs, only UMVP
- 5 finals in a row that's never been achieved except when plumbers were professional athletes
- greatest RS of all time
- greatest PS of all time

He already has a good case for top 15, but I can understand why some don't put him in there just yet.

RRR3
10-13-2019, 02:11 PM
Stephonit embarrassing himself as usual.

tpols
10-13-2019, 02:19 PM
He's top 15 and closer to top 10 if not in it already. There aren't more than 15 players with 2 MVPs and there aren't more than 10 with 2 MVPs and 2 rings.

There is no one else who can claim to have led a team to 3 67-win seasons, including the record 73-win season or the 16-1 playoffs record. No one else has been a unanimous MVP.

Try being the basketball historian that argues against that being top 15. The case is as objective as you are going to get. It's the detractors who will need to be inventive to come up with excuses to deny him. Let's face it there are more than a few on this board probably and you'd do so more emphatically yourself if you could manufacture reasons to do so without looking like a complete hater.

Dingo gonna dingo.

:confusedshrug:

Imagine making an all time dynasty with klay thompson as your 2nd option... and constantly whipping a suppsoed top 5-10 GOAT w/ super teams.

He's gonna finish top 10 easy.

Hakeem is gonna get bounced.

bigkingsfan
10-13-2019, 02:41 PM
Imagine making an all time dynasty with klay thompson as your 2nd option... and constantly whipping a suppsoed top 5-10 GOAT w/ super teams.

This literally never happened, why are people making stuff up. :roll:

Stephonit
10-13-2019, 04:29 PM
Stephonit embarrassing himself as usual.

RR3 with nothing of substance as usual.