SouBeachTalents
10-11-2019, 02:50 PM
LeBron

https://i.postimg.cc/0jKSQL7M/LeBron_1st.png

bison
10-11-2019, 02:51 PM
LeBron

https://i.postimg.cc/0jKSQL7M/LeBron_1st.png

thats like a sub accomplishment compared the ones in the OP. not really the same tier of accomplishments.

bigkingsfan
10-11-2019, 02:55 PM
4/5 MVP is better than three. Legoat/Bill only players to do that.

ralph_i_el
10-11-2019, 03:35 PM
thats like a sub accomplishment compared the ones in the OP. not really the same tier of accomplishments.

100% better than a joke 100 point game.

SouBeachTalents
10-11-2019, 03:58 PM
100% better than a joke 100 point game.
Also better than rookie FMVP, and much more unique than b2b titles when like half a dozen players have accomplished that

ImKobe
10-11-2019, 06:43 PM
Also better than rookie FMVP, and much more unique than b2b titles when like half a dozen players have accomplished that

Yeah okay, leading a team to a title as rookie with the 2nd best player injured no less is a lesser achivement than what Lebron did against an injured Warriors squad. Oh yes, one Finals win is more unique than winning B2B titles. Thanks for your input.

SouBeachTalents
10-11-2019, 07:27 PM
Yeah okay, leading a team to a title as rookie with the 2nd best player injured no less is a lesser achivement than what Lebron did against an injured Warriors squad. Oh yes, one Finals win is more unique than winning B2B titles. Thanks for your input.
It's not like I'm even trying to knock what Magic did, having that performance, as a rookie, on the road, with one of the greatest players ever out is without a doubt one of the greatest performances in league history, and it's considered as much. But the bottom line is, Kareem was not just the best player on the Lakers at the time, he was the best player in the league, and had easily been the best player in the series through 5 games. Kareem was actually voted FMVP, but CBS made them change the results because he wasn't in attendance. So nah, that is not as impressive as what LeBron accomplished in 2016.

And yes, that's the first and only time in NBA history that a player has led both teams in every statistical category in a series. That it happened during the first 3-1 comeback in Finals history against the team that broke the win record, that is inarguably a more unique achievement than winning b2b titles, something we've already seen happen twice this last decade. Shit also happened literally 3x in a row from '87-'92 :lol

So wrong on both counts

ImKobe
10-11-2019, 08:10 PM
It's not like I'm even trying to knock what Magic did, having that performance, as a rookie, on the road, with one of the greatest players ever out is without a doubt one of the greatest performances in league history, and it's considered as much. But the bottom line is, Kareem was not just the best player on the Lakers at the time, he was the best player in the league, and had easily been the best player in the series through 5 games. Kareem was actually voted FMVP, but CBS made them change the results because he wasn't in attendance. So nah, that is not as impressive as what LeBron accomplished in 2016.

And yes, that's the first and only time in NBA history that a player has led both teams in every statistical category in a series. That it happened during the first 3-1 comeback in Finals history against the team that broke the win record, that is inarguably a more unique achievement than winning b2b titles, something we've already seen happen twice this last decade. Shit also happened literally 3x in a row from '87-'92 :lol

So wrong on both counts

You can't give Kareem MVP if he isn't there to close out the Finals and Magic's Game 6 was better than any of Kareem's games individually in that series, and you have to give Magic the credit for setting Kareem up with all those shots. Yes, Kareem was the better player by the numbers in the first 5 games it's not like Magic was a scrub who had a fluke performance at the time, their overall Finals numbers for that one were pretty equal overall.

Leading a team in every stat is quite meaningless in the big picture, it's about winning. Lebron just had the right circumstances to lead his team in those numbers due to the Cavs rotating Love/TT/RJ in the front court so all those guys split their minutes and rebounding numbers, not to mention Lebron playing against a small ball team. A guy like Jordan could have led his team in rebounding as well if he didn't play next to a traditional Center who's job was to rebound the ball (Jordan led his team in every stat but rebounding in '91 Finals and I'm sure he's done it in other Playoff series), obviously perimeter players get more rebounds in today's era with the increased 3-point shooting as well.

Westbrook averaged a triple-double for 3 straight seasons, does that make him Oscar Robertson? Stats just don't hold as much weight as actual accomplishments, especially when comparing across eras where rules and style of play are different.