PDA

View Full Version : AD should have stayed on the Pels

ralph_i_el
10-12-2019, 11:45 AM
He and Zion are the perfect front court pairing. We have all been cheated out of something that could have been so entertaining.

Physically they match up well against pretty much any frontcourt. Offensively Davis is one of the best shooting 5's in the game, and the big-to-big passing would have been nice too

I hope Jrue is healthy and the Pelicans make some noise.

Kiddlovesnets
10-12-2019, 01:26 PM
It

bigkingsfan
10-12-2019, 01:28 PM
He could go back to the Pel next year.

ralph_i_el
10-12-2019, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=Kiddlovesnets]It

warriorfan
10-12-2019, 03:30 PM
He and Zion are the perfect front court pairing. We have all been cheated out of something that could have been so entertaining.

Physically they match up well against pretty much any frontcourt. Offensively Davis is one of the best shooting 5's in the game, and the big-to-big passing would have been nice too

AD could have had an opportunity to organically create his own team with a fellow potential all time great. Instead he was corrupted by LeBron and chose the dark side of team hopping. AD made the same mistake as LeBron. The worst part is James is done for. AD squandered a legit legacy for a poor opportunity.

ralph_i_el
10-12-2019, 03:52 PM
AD could have had an opportunity to organically create his own team with a fellow potential all time great. Instead he was corrupted by LeBron and chose the dark side of team hopping. AD made the same mistake as LeBron. The worst part is James is done for. AD squandered a legit legacy for a poor opportunity.

Right? There's a chance that having Zion locked down for 4 years (and most likely longer) is worth more than the rest of LeBron's career.

That being said, Zion has a long way to go before he can be compared to LeBron in his prime.

Hey Yo
10-12-2019, 03:58 PM

Pelicans would have won more games last year if AD didn't ask for a trade. He would have played a a lot more, meaning that their %'s of getting the first overall pick would have have been a lot less.

Anti Vida
10-12-2019, 06:02 PM
He's a cancer. The pels had no backbone and caved to LA. They should have sent him out east somewhere. I can't wait for the new CBA. If the players get ****ed over, they have no one to blame but themselves.

Loco 50
10-12-2019, 06:19 PM
He's a cancer. The pels had no backbone and caved to LA. They should have sent him out east somewhere. I can't wait for the new CBA. If the players get ****ed over, they have no one to blame but themselves.
100% this. I don't think the Pelicans would be smart allowing a quitter like Davis to infect Zion with his shit attitude.

And yeah, the small markets can't cave or this behavior will continue until a change in the CBA occurs.

FultzNationRISE
10-12-2019, 06:32 PM
100% this. I don't think the Pelicans would be smart allowing a quitter like Davis to infect Zion with his shit attitude.

And yeah, the small markets can't cave or this behavior will continue until a change in the CBA occurs.

:wtf:

Are you serious?

A collective bargaining agreement or any kind of league laws/rules don’t matter if a player of color feels he’s not getting the opportunities he deserves. That’s called having a basic social conscience.

Oh, boo hoo Pelicans! Youre a massive company owned by a billionaire white man. Yeah, those poor Pelicans. “But but but the rules say...!” Cry me a river, billionaire team.

Yo, Anthony Davis cant move to a different market because Loco enjoys the privilege of watching a league with parity. :oldlol:

GTFO bigot. Rules dont apply to everyone. The dudes ancestors were SLAVES ffs.

Smoke117
10-12-2019, 06:32 PM

The Pelicans received a huge haul for Davis. He also said he was leaving no matter what, so it was either trade him while you could get something or let him walk when his contract was up. It has nothing to do with "caving" into his demands.

Loco 50
10-12-2019, 06:43 PM
The Pelicans received a huge haul for Davis. He also said he was leaving no matter what, so it was either trade him while you could get something or let him walk when his contract was up. It has nothing to do with "caving" into his demands.
Disagree about your usage of huge haul. Lonzo and Ingram are not desirable assets in my mind. Perhaps you see something I don't.

I understand he said he was leaving, but the man was under contract.

Play it out, then walk. If you don't play no pay. That is what has to be enforced.

Now the precedent has been set with the Spurs, Pelicans, Thunder and Wolves all caving.

Who is the next superstar to decide he wants to play with his new friends this year?

That doesn't make for an entertaining league, in my humble opinion.

Loco 50
10-12-2019, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=FultzNationRISE]:wtf:

Are you serious?

A collective bargaining agreement or any kind of league laws/rules don

Smoke117
10-12-2019, 06:52 PM
Disagree about your usage of huge haul. Lonzo and Ingram are not desirable assets in my mind. Perhaps you see something I don't.

I understand he said he was leaving, but the man was under contract.

Play it out, then walk. If you don't play no pay. That is what has to be enforced.

Now the precedent has been set with the Spurs, Pelicans, Thunder and Wolves all caving.

Who is the next superstar to decide he wants to play with his new friends this year?

That doesn't make for an entertaining league, in my humble opinion.

Davis wasn't going to sit out if he wasn't traded so I don't know why you are saying this. He would have played. There was no point in the team keeping him and letting him just walk for nothing when his contract is up, though. Also, they got Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, and three first round picks. That was definitely a great haul.

keep-itreal
10-12-2019, 06:53 PM
No. Let Zion shine. I wouldn't want that loser AD on this team if I were a pelicans fan

Loco 50
10-12-2019, 07:05 PM
Davis wasn't going to sit out if he wasn't traded so I don't know why you are saying this. He would have played. There esd no point in the team keeping him and letting him just walk for nothing when his contract is up, though. Also, they got Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, and three first round picks. That was definitely a great haul.
I'm having trouble reading your first couple of sentences.

I suppose I'm assuming that the Lakers will hover around the top 3 slot record wise so that made the draft picks much less desirable to me. That's a lot of trust you're putting in the N.O. drafting apparatus. Hart I just don't see value in either.

Look, what I'm trying to say is from a league standpoint, this is bad precedent. Every year there is going to be a new superstar that will have whispers (Giannis?) surrounding his departure from a small market.

As a small market fan, that's the end of the road for me.

For the Pelicans, I suppose, if treading water (depending on Zion's performance) is what they desire then they made the right move. I don't know maybe his talent his enough to make the pieces surrounding him work.

Same as the Spurs honestly. I, myself, would have preferred they let him walk for nothing than get saddled with DeRozan for the forseeable future. Now my franchise is stuck in a 7-8 position at best, making it near impossible to improve draft wise. The franchise saw different.

Smoke117
10-12-2019, 07:11 PM
I'm having trouble reading your first couple of sentences.

I suppose I'm assuming that the Lakers will hover around the top 3 slot record wise so that made the draft picks much less desirable to me. That's a lot of trust you're putting in the N.O. drafting apparatus. Hart I just don't see value in either.

Look, what I'm trying to say is from a league standpoint, this is bad precedent. Every year there is going to be a new superstar that will have whispers (Giannis?) surrounding his departure from a small market.

As a small market fan, that's the end of the road for me.

For the Pelicans, I suppose, if treading water (depending on Zion's performance) is what they desire then they made the right move. I don't know maybe his talent his enough to make the pieces surrounding him work.

Same as the Spurs honestly. I, myself, would have preferred they let him walk for nothing than get saddled with DeRozan for the forseeable future. Now my franchise is stuck in a 7-8 position at best, making it near impossible to improve draft wise. The franchise saw different.

Well, the Spurs goofed on that one since DeRozan doesn't raise the bar in any way. They should have went for picks and young players. (which the Lakers got) They are now talking about an extension so the Spurs will be stuck in treadmill hell for the foreseeable future. Back to the Pelicans...they were never getting a star of any kind of near equal value for Anthony Davis. This is especially true when he was just going to jet from any team that wasn't the Lakers. Ingram and Lonzo both have all star potential and Hart will be a solid role player for years to come. At the very least, Ingram and Lonzo should be solid starter level players for years to come. Toss in those 3 first round picks and it's all good. Let's also remember that LeBron is old and Davis is no iron man. We see how last year went when LeBron got injured and this team has much less depth. Those picks could become really high picks depending on the Lakers health. Davis is already expected to miss a month now with his thumb.

Loco 50
10-12-2019, 07:20 PM
Well, the Spurs goofed on that one since DeRozan doesn't raise the bar in any way. They should have went for picks and young players. (which the Lakers got) They are now talking about an extension so the Spurs will be stuck in treadmill hell for the foreseeable future.

Agree, the Spurs botched it, but I'm stubborn and I'm glad they refused to deal with the Lakers. I wish they could have worked something out with the Clippers, but I suspect Kiwi's team was in their ear saying he's coming for free, so don't bother.

But, yes, we're now in treadmill hell with a soft jump shooting team that might have been good in the 90's but is straight trash now.

Back to the Pelicans...they were never getting a star of any kind of near equal value for Anthony Davis. This is especially true when he was just going to jet from any team that wasn't the Lakers. Ingram and Lonzo both have all star potential and Hart will be a solid role player for years to come. At the very least, Ingram and Lonzo should be solid starter level players for years to come. Toss in those 3 first round picks and it's all good. Let's also remember that LeBron is old and Davis is no iron man. We see how last year went when LeBron got injured and this team has much less depth. Those picks could become really high picks depending on the Lakers health. Davis is already expected to miss a month now with his thumb.
The bolded is very true and the main reason I will be watching this season.

I love the annual Laker meltdown especially after they've already been anointed the champs.

superduper
10-12-2019, 07:25 PM
He's going to learn about Bran the hard way just like everyone else does