PDA

View Full Version : These modern players are a fukking joke

Smoke117
10-13-2019, 02:11 AM
I bet when Kawhi decided to sign with the Clippers one of his clauses was that he can sit out 12+ games for "rest". Would you ever expect a Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Shaq O'neal, Patrick Ewing, Jason Kidd, Scottie Pippen, Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Johnny Stockton, Reggie Miller, Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Hakeem, Nowitzki, Garnett etc etc etc to demand some bullshit like this? These players of this generation are so ****ing soft. It's not enough that they are playing about 5-6mpg less than the star players before them did, but they also need 10 games to rest. What a bunch of fukking weak pusscakes we have now.

Smoke117
10-13-2019, 02:59 AM
I actually agree that the season should be shortened. I feel it's way too long from a fans standpoint. You just get burnt out by the last 20 games of the season so I think a good 10 game slice off the regular season would be beneficial. I think 72 games is enough to decide how good a team is going into the playoffs. That doesn't change anything from my opinion on players, though. They should be out there playing like any other fukking working person has to show up. All this sitting out for rest is an insult to the fans and past players who did anything and everything to just make it onto the floor. This sitting out for rest makes these fools not only look weak, but like they don't even give a shit.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-13-2019, 03:06 AM
Lowering salary and decreasing games... Watch over half the league turn into a bunch of Tony Allen's :oldlol:

Lot of the BS is because of the rules. Its also the social climate but the RULES are what crippled the league. And have made most teams...unwatchable.

Smoke117
10-13-2019, 03:10 AM
Lowering salary and decreasing games... Watch over half the league turn into a bunch of Tony Allen's :oldlol:

Lot of the BS is because of the rules. Its also the social climate but the RULES are what crippled the league. And have made most teams...unwatchable.

lol That makes it even worse. The game is much softer than the 90s and early 2000s stars were playing...yet they were out there 40mpg and shrugging off little hurts that players now sit out for multiple games. The game has just become so piss soft from multiple aspects.

ArbitraryWater
10-13-2019, 05:55 AM
82 gms is far too many

outdated

58 or gtfoh

Kblaze8855
10-13-2019, 07:04 AM
I fundamentally agree with you as far as how it looks compared to players of the past. The further back you go the tougher it seems people were. Go far enough guys were playing 46 minutes a night, with room temperature water not Gatorade, back to back to back to back, traveling by train, occasionally not being allowed the use of local hotels, and playing with casts. Dolph Schayes okayed much of a season with his right arm in a cast and just shot left handed. Wilt played all but 6 minutes of a season and those 6 were a 4th quarter ejection.

Guys like Jordan or Iverson or Payton or Garnett like you mentioned wouldn

ImKobe
10-13-2019, 09:54 AM
OP naming Shaq like he didn't "rehab on company time" and sit out 15+ games regularly in his prime. Shaq was missing 20+ games a season for a 3-year stretch during his absolute physical prime (95-98) and then missed 15 games every season from 02-04 while being overweight.

Turbo Slayer
10-13-2019, 10:38 AM
:applause:

bigkingsfan
10-13-2019, 11:06 AM
I remember the league coming down on it, but teams just made up fake "sore" injuries, now it's the norm.

FKAri
10-13-2019, 11:16 AM
The league is more player friendly now. The players have more power and have exerted as much in the last couple lockouts. Every single one of those guys would prolong their careers if they knew they could get away with it. OP is one of those phaggits who has no clue how the world works and only sees the surface of every situation.

Kblaze8855
10-13-2019, 11:27 AM
I don't know about that. Jordan wasn't playing every game Because the bulls or the league had any kind of power over him. It may have been like that in the dark ages when owners forced players to play free 20 preseason games for promotion....but not in the 80s on up.

A guy like Stockton played every game for like 17 years because he felt he owed it to the game and he saw it like a regular job where his pride wouldn’t let him not show up.

I don't think a guy like that would have had any blowback if he just said "I'm tired". He just wasn't gonna do it.

Locked_Up_Tonight
10-13-2019, 12:09 PM
Work ethic isn't what it used to be. People used to go to work, and expect to show up to work. Even if it is a game it is work to the NBA. And guys nowadays dont see it as their job.

It's just a societal problem.

Bronbron23
10-13-2019, 02:36 PM
I bet when Kawhi decided to sign with the Clippers one of his clauses was that he can sit out 12+ games for "rest". Would you ever expect a Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Shaq O'neal, Patrick Ewing, Jason Kidd, Scottie Pippen, Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Johnny Stockton, Reggie Miller, Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Hakeem, Nowitzki, Garnett etc etc etc to demand some bullshit like this? These players of this generation are so ****ing soft. It's not enough that they are playing about 5-6mpg less than the star players before them did, but they also need 10 games to rest. What a bunch of fukking weak pusscakes we have now.
I don't know. I agree that the NBA and society in general has gotten softer and softer but if sitting out 10 games can help prolong careers I'm all for it. Look at most of the stars in the 80's and 90's. They were done by the age of 33. If missing 10-15 games prolongs your career and more specifically your peak than I'm all for it.

sammichoffate
10-13-2019, 02:42 PM
Work ethic isn't what it used to be. People used to go to work, and expect to show up to work. Even if it is a game it is work to the NBA. And guys nowadays dont see it as their job.

It's just a societal problem.Corporations fking ppl over is also a part of it, you used to stay 20+ years w/ a company, maybe until you even retired. These days they'll cut you to save some money and in the name of "efficiency".

Ca$H
10-13-2019, 04:16 PM

Kobe tore his achilles by playing a ridiculous amount of minutes down the stretch of the 2012 - 2013 season at the age of 34. Load Management = Injury Prevention

ClipperRevival
10-14-2019, 01:06 AM

Another meltdown babyboi :roll:

FKAri
10-14-2019, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]I don't know about that. Jordan wasn't playing every game Because the bulls or the league had any kind of power over him. It may have been like that in the dark ages when owners forced players to play free 20 preseason games for promotion....but not in the 80s on up.

A guy like Stockton played every game for like 17 years because he felt he owed it to the game and he saw it like a regular job where his pride wouldn

ImKobe
10-14-2019, 03:45 PM
Kobe tore his achilles by playing a ridiculous amount of minutes down the stretch of the 2012 - 2013 season at the age of 34. Load Management = Injury Prevention

Yeah, the Spurs really pioneered this and it's helped with a lot of older players. Kobe was in a situation where he had to play 40+ minutes a game for his team to make the Playoffs and he risked injuring himself in order to do that.

Are today's players a lot softer? I don't think so. A lot of them just work smarter and play less minutes to sustain a higher level of production which is better for their team come Playoff time. Yes, you can play Giannis or Harden 40+ minutes a game and have them break records and win a few more games, but what good is it when they're fatigued come Playoff time?

Kblaze8855
10-14-2019, 04:08 PM
Michael Jordan literally stopped playing for 2 years cuz he didn't feel like it. What are you talking about? If someone has the power to do what they want. They will. This is true throughout human history. The whole absolute power corrupts, etc. Thinking that what is happening today is some new human behaviour is really a simple minded take.

I really need to explain the difference between someone not playing while playing a different pro sport and someone not playing while a member of a team?

When Danny ainge was playing in MLB he wasnt on the Celtics. Thats how it works. Its not like the NFL who plays one day a week. Rather hard to be in the NBA and play another pro sport at once. But whichever he was playing....he showed up to play it. He led his baseball team in starts matter of fact.