PDA

View Full Version : Nba = Sleep

Jasper
10-14-2019, 10:12 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27767289/dirty-little-secret-everybody-knows-about

heII of a topic.
Bron spending 7 figures on health a year !!
Harris monitoring his heart for 5 seasons !!

when back to backs occur something gives.

Stephonit
10-14-2019, 12:26 PM
I suspected as much. It's the main reason load management doesn't bother me like it seems to bother other people. Kawhi's success will cause others to look much closer at it. I wonder if any team will ever be bold enough to try creating two teams within a team just to maximize optimum health and sleep just to see if well-rested players even if less gifted can outperform more gifted players that are less rested.

bison
10-14-2019, 12:57 PM
As someone with a 9 to 5, I sympathize with having the knowledge that missed sleep makes for a shitty day. But at the same time, it’s part of the NBA gig. I would think as a professional athlete that the road life is something you gotta have to embrace.

bison
10-14-2019, 12:58 PM
Sleep is a rarefied commodity in this capitalist hellhole.

HylianNightmare
10-14-2019, 06:29 PM
Sleep is a rarefied commodity in this capitalist hellhole.
Yep, kids, work, social life, relationships and trying to stay somewhat active. Means i get 5 or 6 hours a night

Rolando
10-14-2019, 06:52 PM
If I were to instruct people in health and fitness it would start with 2 basic things: Sleep and Water. Get enough of both and you are on your way to making huge improvements.

Jasper
10-14-2019, 11:14 PM
my first night was a 3 day 12 hour shift.
I found if I slept 3 hours I could do all the chores and the following 4 days was play time ..... did it for about 9 years , but could not break habit... multiple times all most killed my self on the road.. Fast forward last 20 years worked a 2nd shift and slept for about 6 1/2-8 hours.... did tons of stuff during the day before work.

But the NBA are athlete's putting it all out on the floor each and every night.
The high after work , most can't just sleep , we have to unwind.
It has to be 10 times harder for an athlete when their body says quite , but their brain is running up and down the floor.

It has to be tough doing 50k a year in a plane.