PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong that NBA players care about money more than the Hong Kong people?

iamgine
10-15-2019, 02:54 AM
I mean, we criticize these players for not speaking up about the Chinese extracting Uighur people organs and being an overall dictatorship against freedom. But why should they? It's not their cause. It's not something that's dear in their heart. You wouldn't expect Al Sharpton to comment about the caste system in India for example. Or feminists to talk about the corruption in Uganda. So why should we expect the NBA to speak about something that they don't really care much about?

scuzzy
10-15-2019, 02:59 AM
Is it wrong that our own President doesn't speak up about the Chinese unless it pertains to Tariffs?

sammichoffate
10-15-2019, 03:06 AM
Devil's advocate for OP, does that give them the right to throw people like Morey under the bus then? You can't just say you're for social justice when there's no stakes involved, then flip flop when there's actual power and consequences involved. They kept saying they're more than athletes and trash their own country, but then go back to being athletes when money is involved. Shit is weak and cowardly.

Jay-B
10-15-2019, 03:07 AM
I think this whole china nba thing is pretty F’in stupid. It’s not up to NBA players to get involved in anything political over there. This whole NBA preseason in China is dumb as is NFL in London, I wish they would stop playing games over seas especially since no one gives a shit and it’s not really making any of these sports anymore global then they already are.

bobopenguin
10-15-2019, 03:19 AM
it's not about hk ppl, it's about the basic value that normal ppl believe in, i.e faireness, human right, freedom of speech.

it's ok if u dont voice ur opinion, just dont be a hypocrite about it.

DoctorP
10-15-2019, 03:22 AM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/70Asu3n7btVgk/giphy.gif

insidehoops is a totalitarian message board that stifles the freedom of speech of anarchists.

PejaNowitzki
10-15-2019, 03:38 AM
Its about not being a hypocritical piece of shit that encourages people across the league to speak their minds on issues that are important to them and when one particular GM does just that, everyone basically tells him to shut the **** up and take a seat. The least anyone could have done is to defend his right to speak out, whether or not they agreed with him.

The NBA is all about being woke until it is an issue that threatens them financially, then all these dudes turn bitch made in a hot second. It is the fakest shit ever.

FultzNationRISE
10-15-2019, 03:46 AM
I mean, we criticize these players for not speaking up about the Chinese extracting Uighur people organs and being an overall dictatorship against freedom. But why should they? It's not their cause. It's not something that's dear in their heart. You wouldn't expect Al Sharpton to comment about the caste system in India for example. Or feminists to talk about the corruption in Uganda. So why should we expect the NBA to speak about something that they don't really care much about?

It's all about consistency.

For years people like Lebron have been accusing others in America of being insensitive/indifferent to the struggles of anyone who doesnt look like them. They've been lecturing and finger wagging about how you gotta be woke to tolerance and diversity, and be a good ally blah blah.

So if Lebron doesn't care about his fans in China, why should some guy living in suburbia care about Michael Brown?

Lebron criticized people for voting for Trump, because 'hes teh racist!' But it's okay for Lebron to shush people when they speak up about injustice somewhere HE has investments?

Lebron expects everyone to accommodate HIS people, but he's not willing to extend the same consideration when the shoe is on the other foot.

FultzNationRISE
10-15-2019, 03:46 AM
Its about not being a hypocritical piece of shit that encourages people across the league to speak their minds on issues that are important to them and when one particular GM does just that, everyone basically tells him to shut the **** up and take a seat. The least anyone could have done is to defend his right to speak out, whether or not they agreed with him.

The NBA is all about being woke until it is an issue that threatens them financially, then all these dudes turn bitch made in a hot second. It is the fakest shit ever.

Yep, basically this.

SpaceJam
10-15-2019, 04:13 AM
Am I the only one who honestly doesn't really care?

ZenMaster
10-15-2019, 04:18 AM

Yeah, celebrities and corporations being "woke" is 95% BS and is nothing but branding. Given how politics have gone into everything(for a lot of people it's more or less a battle of good vs evil) and people are lapping it up, it becomes an important strategy for a company or brand to have an antagonist and something to fight against.
We had someone very smart speak to us on this exact at a company conference about a year and a half ago, but within our specific business, most people feel it's imperative that we stay absolutely neutral and don't disclose a political leaning one way or the other, as people come for our products to get away from daily life.

ImKobe
10-15-2019, 04:34 AM
Am I the only one who honestly doesn't really care?

This.

Tired of all the fake outrage, it's gone on long enough.

CelticBaller
10-15-2019, 05:24 AM
it's not about hk ppl, it's about the basic value that normal ppl believe in, i.e faireness, human right, freedom of speech.

Normal people believe in? Those are western values

We don

nashwade
10-15-2019, 05:25 AM
NBA players have no business speaking about the issue in China... just play ball, no disrespect

you don't see me speaking about how Lebron should to slam dunk

90sgoat
10-15-2019, 06:03 AM
Lebron hates Morey and other guys like him, that's why he said what he did.

Lebron wanted to get Morey fired.

bobopenguin
10-15-2019, 06:22 AM
Normal people believe in? Those are western values

We don’t see monkeys or even “uncivilized” people exhibiting those values. What makes you think that shit is basic?

cos that's what i believe in, and i am asian.
I believe in freedom of speech and human right, and i fight to protect it. no one can silence my voice.

all i am saying, u are free to choose not to voice over these basic values cos u have multi million business in china, but then acts like u care so much when suddenly dying african kid is involved. just dont be hypocrite about it.

CelticBaller
10-15-2019, 07:19 AM
cos that's what i believe in, and i am asian.
I believe in freedom of speech and human right, and i fight to protect it. no one can silence my voice.

all i am saying, u are free to choose not to voice over these basic values cos u have multi million business in china, but then acts like u care so much when suddenly dying african kid is involved. just dont be hypocrite about it.
The fact that you speak in English means that you have already been in contact with the western world. So it doesn’t matter if you’re Asian.

Lebron is free to do whatever the **** he wants to do, he doesn’t you owe you or any Asians shit

chains5000
10-15-2019, 07:35 AM
The fact that you speak in English means that you have already been in contact with the western world.
Sorry bobopenguin, you have been infected

:facepalm

[QUOTE=CelticBaller]Lebron is free to do whatever the **** he wants to do, he doesn

bobopenguin
10-15-2019, 08:24 AM
True, but by doing so he's come out as a huge hypocrite.

that's right, that's the tag he cannot remove now.
Lehypocrite.

Trollsmasher
10-15-2019, 08:33 AM
if these people speak because of their leftist views (which they do) then yes, it is wrong, because leftism is based on universalism, making issues human rights in China just as important as human rights of your own children

CelticBaller
10-15-2019, 08:34 AM
Sorry bobopenguin, you have been infected

True, but by doing so he's come out as a huge hypocrite.
Who cares. LeBron only has a responsibility to his family. If he wants to help poor black kids instead of Asians who do not give a **** about black people more power to him

Stephonit
10-15-2019, 08:46 AM
Who cares. LeBron only has a responsibility to his family. If he wants to help poor black kids instead of Asians who do not give a **** about black people more power to him

Some would say he has a responsibility to his fans to whom he sold this image of himself. If that image is false he deserves whatever fallout is coming to him. If he is a racist who cries race when it benefits him but ignores it when it doesn't he will be judged upon it as will his followers.

CelticBaller
10-15-2019, 08:51 AM
Some would say he has a responsibility to his fans to whom he sold this image of himself. If that image is false he deserves whatever fallout is coming to him. If he is a racist who cries race when it benefits him but ignores it when it doesn't he will be judged upon it as will his followers.
His real followers are the kids in the hood who being helped by him

Not these racist white sjw who demand people to spread their “freedom”

Manny98
10-15-2019, 08:52 AM
LeBron still the GOAT but he let me down on this one :facepalm

Stephonit
10-15-2019, 09:00 AM
[QUOTE=CelticBaller]His real followers are the kids in the hood who being helped by him

Not these racist white sjw who demand people to spread their

CelticBaller
10-15-2019, 09:01 AM
Then they can continue supporting their idol while everyone else rolls their eyes and puts their money and goodwill to better use.
Cool

I bet LeBron is sure feeling the loss of these fake woke people not buying his stuff for a couple months :rolleyes:

Bosnian Sajo
10-15-2019, 09:15 AM
Nope, not at all.

Stephonit
10-15-2019, 09:28 AM

I don't think these issues are what gall Americans. What is of concern is that an American is effectively being gagged expressing his (mild) political opinion in the United States by a foreign power. Are Americans going to jump each time Chinese say jump? That is the far far bigger issue.

Hey Yo
10-15-2019, 09:28 AM
Devil's advocate for OP, does that give them the right to throw people like Morey under the bus then? You can't just say you're for social justice when there's no stakes involved, then flip flop when there's actual power and consequences involved. They kept saying they're more than athletes and trash their own country, but then go back to being athletes when money is involved. Shit is weak and cowardly.
How is there no stakes involved?

Are you implying that there is no chance that a guy(s) finds out that James is pro-Democrat and that wouldn't persuade him not to buy James / Nike gear for his kids etc..etc..?? You've got long time Lakers fans who won't even root for him because what he's done on the court, let alone for what he stands for politically.

fake outrage is extremely fake.

Hey Yo
10-15-2019, 09:36 AM

And if those people speak their minds, does it affect millions of others who said nothing at all??

That's exactly what happened with Morey. His own words and beliefs has had a huge trickle down affect. It's affected a lot of others who know it's not their job to preach what should be happening in China.

What LeBron has said pretty much only affects his image while what Morey said has an entire foreign country MORE pissed off.

Hey Yo
10-15-2019, 09:41 AM
He's sold his image since he was 18yrs old. He's expected to have a responsibility for millions upon millions of fans that he has around the world??

Stephonit
10-15-2019, 09:51 AM
And if those people speak their minds, does it affect millions of others who said nothing at all??

That's exactly what happened with Morey. His own words and beliefs has had a huge trickle down affect. It's affected a lot of others who know it's not their job to preach what should be happening in China.

What LeBron has said pretty much only affects his image while what Morey said has an entire foreign country MORE pissed off.

That's pretty much the point. Should LeBron side with the foreign country that is ticked off or the rights of a fellow citizen expressing sentiments that out of a wish to simply get along have been suppressed by a great many? LeBron chose to side with the foreign country.

He's sold his image since he was 18yrs old. He's expected to have a responsibility for millions upon millions of fans that he has around the world??

That's what being a role model is being about isn't it?

Or are you saying he should not be considered a role model? He's just posing as one so he can profit handsomely?

Hey Yo
10-15-2019, 09:57 AM
That's pretty much the point. Should LeBron side with the foreign country that is ticked off or the rights of a fellow citizen expressing sentiments that out of a wish to simply get along have been suppressed by a great many? LeBron chose to side with the foreign country.
What matters, right or wrong, is what he says about his country.

If he doesn't comment on the situation in China, he's called a bitch.

When he does comment, he's a bitch.

The funniest thing is that it's those who have no idea what's going on either side, who still says James was wrong cause they already hated him to begin with.

Hey Yo
10-15-2019, 10:01 AM
That's what being a role model is being about isn't it?

Or are you saying he should not be considered a role model? He's just posing as one so he can profit handsomely?
So every time he takes a stand in the States on a subject, he needs to worry about the feelings of a 15yr old boy in India before speaking?

Stephonit
10-15-2019, 10:05 AM

The funniest thing is that it's those who have no idea what's going on either side, who still says James was wrong cause they already hated him to begin with.

He could avoid commenting on China completely and this wouldn't be an issue. The problem is that he commented on Morey (making it an American issue) in such a way that it could be perceived he was acting as a Chinese propaganda agent.

ZenMaster
10-15-2019, 10:06 AM

He's just a hypocrite, taking advantage of his fans by portraying an image of world wide peace social justice warrior because it helps with his personal branding within the US.
A lot of people takes offense to that and rightfully so.

Stephonit
10-15-2019, 10:09 AM
So every time he takes a stand in the States on a subject, he needs to worry about the feelings of a 15yr old boy in India before speaking?

One presumes most of his fans are fellow Americans and the feelings of those Americans would be taken into account.

bison

One of the rare sane posts on here :applause:

bobopenguin
maybe lebron should just tell everyon, he only gives a damn for those who lives in America, so it's american first.
that's pretty trump thingy tho.

CelticBaller
10-15-2019, 10:17 AM
maybe lebron should just tell everyon, he only gives a damn for those who lives in America, so it's american first.
that's pretty trump thingy tho.
There should be nothing wrong with being country first

This idea of globalism is stupid and not even natural. Animals(which is what we

Patrick Chewing
10-15-2019, 10:18 AM
https://i.ibb.co/23J5zVg/3-B0-F8-D2-E-5-F73-4-DCA-9748-60-BE0-EBFF9-BD.jpg

bobopenguin
10-15-2019, 10:22 AM
https://i.ibb.co/y6pR3XH/9ccb6c6.jpg

Hey Yo
10-15-2019, 10:27 AM
He could avoid commenting on China completely and this wouldn't be an issue. The problem is that he commented on Morey (making it an American issue) in such a way that it could be perceived he was acting as a Chinese propaganda agent.
But his comments isn't what caused this stir up in the NBA with China to begin with in the first place. That's all on Morey.

It's not like James was trying backtrack on his own words on something he said about what's going on in China. Plus James' comments isn't going to escalate or de-escalate the rioting that's going on in the first place.

One way or the other, his comments isn't going to effect or jeopardize the most important part of this whole thing....... the United States. If anyone but the U.S wants to use his comments as to wanting to riot and kill.... then that's their problem. Just as long as it's not here in the States.

You guys always say how egocentric he is, that he feels the need to comment on things, but then turn around and expect him to comment on political issues in China.

too funny.......

bobopenguin
10-15-2019, 10:30 AM
But his comments isn't what caused this stir up in the NBA with China to begin with in the first place. That's all on Morey.

It's not like James was trying backtrack on his own words on something he said about what's going on in China. Plus James' comments isn't going to escalate or de-escalate the rioting that's going on in the first place.

One way or the other, his comments isn't going to effect or jeopardize the most important part of this whole thing....... the United States. If anyone but the U.S wants to use his comments as to wanting to riot and kill.... then that's their problem. Just as long as it's not here in the States.

You guys always say how egocentric he is, that he feels the need to comment on things, but then turn around and expect him to comment on political issues in China.

too funny.......

itss not about the politics in china, it's about the basic rights.
and beside, chinese governments can links everything to politics at their will, so does that mean u have to seek chinese approvals before making any comments?

Hey Yo
10-15-2019, 10:40 AM
He's just a hypocrite, taking advantage of his fans by portraying an image of world wide peace social justice warrior because it helps with his personal branding within the US.
A lot of people takes offense to that and rightfully so.
:oldlol:

How does him commenting on Morey beliefs on the China situation, going to help James' personal branding the U.S?? Nobody in the U.S is running out today to buy James gear strictly due to his comments.

If there was a similar situation in the U.S going on and James commented on it ,then you'd have a point about people taking offense.

Hey Yo
10-15-2019, 10:48 AM
itss not about the politics in china, it's about the basic rights.
and beside, chinese governments can links everything to politics at their will, so does that mean u have to seek chinese approvals before making any comments?
To be honest, I don't give 2 shits if the Chinese says one can talk or not in that country. It doesn't effect my life whatsoever.

Nobody is making them stay there. If they don't like it and see it's not going to change soon, then look for a way out.

superduper
10-15-2019, 10:50 AM
To be honest, I don't give 2 shits if the Chinese says one can talk or not in that country. It doesn't effect my life whatsoever.

Nobody is making them stay there. If they don't like it and see it's not going to change soon, then look for a way out.

How easy is it for you to just uproot your entire life/career/everything and seek refuge in another country and possibly face homelessness for an indefinite amount of time?

Extremely naive take there.

I am assuming you were either born in NA or brought here by your family and if my assumption is correct then how can you just say "hurr leave your country then". If my assumption is wrong and you went through that struggle yourself then respect to you.

bobopenguin
10-15-2019, 10:51 AM

actually, what happedn was that chinese government get to decide what u can or not say in ur country... so...

CelticBaller
10-15-2019, 10:55 AM
How easy is it for you to just uproot your entire life/career/everything and seek refuge in another country and possibly face homelessness for an indefinite amount of time?

Extremely naive take there.

I am assuming you were either born in NA or brought here by your family and if my assumption is correct then how can you just say "hurr leave your country then". If my assumption is wrong and you went through that struggle yourself then respect to you.

Holy shit! It

superduper
10-15-2019, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=CelticBaller]Holy shit! It

ronniec
10-15-2019, 11:01 AM

^^^

Well said.

CelticBaller
10-15-2019, 11:05 AM
If you haven't gone through it don't speak about it like it's a piece of cake :facepalm :facepalm
My family on my dads side legally migrated here and had nobody here to help them. We’re now 1 generation in with a bunch of business owners and college graduates

It is possible and happens every day

ZenMaster
10-15-2019, 11:22 AM

No it's all on China, being an authoritarian regime that denies free speech.

too funny.......

People say that because they feel it's not sincere, and now they were proven right. James took all the steps to become "more than an athlete", said that injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere and proceeded to call the US president a bum in public. He made his own bed through his branding choices and now must own up to it by being exposed as a corporate shill.

guy
10-15-2019, 11:42 AM
Lebron

bladefd
10-15-2019, 04:12 PM
A reporter needs to ask LeBron the following: "Do you believe human beings should have rights? Do you believe in freedom of speech? Do you believe a human has a right to his views?"

FultzNationRISE
10-15-2019, 04:24 PM
A reporter needs to ask LeBron the following: "Do you believe human beings should have rights? Do you believe in freedom of speech? Do you believe a human has a right to his views?"

Who grants a human their rights?

God?

atljonesbro
10-15-2019, 05:17 PM
I don’t think it’s a problem unless you’re like LeBron who has branded himself as the Ghandi of this generation and the champion of human rights. He makes bank off the brand he’s created for himself yet he can’t even muster up the will to say the people he does business with killing millions and harvesting their organs are doing something bad. He’s 100% hypocritical and needs to drop the social justice act. It’s funny how MJ is a “sellout” for being business first now all the sudden for LeBron it’s considered acceptable

eliteballer
10-15-2019, 05:36 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/hong-kong-protesters-are-burning-lebron-james-jerseys/ar-AAIPb5C?li=BBnb4R5

eliteballer
10-15-2019, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE]"Please remember, all NBA players, what you said before: 'Black lives matter.' Hong Kong lives also matter.

bobopenguin
10-15-2019, 07:27 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/hong-kong-protesters-burn-le-bron-james-jersey-in-street-after-china-comments-190715673.html

to be more specific, it's actually "black american lives matter" to him.
Then everyone is cool.

ILLsmak
10-15-2019, 07:55 PM
Who grants a human their rights?

God?

yes, but assuming no god answers, we grant each other rights, just like society exists for the good of all (or supposedly did), we all benefit the most when we all have equal-ish rights. Obviously people can do different things depending, but there are lines you can't cross.

I mean, nobody is saying we should start killing the homeless people, people who are old in nursing homes etc, even though 'science wise', it's a no brainer. It's not even a god thing, but it's more of a fundamental idea. Or, we can do currency, too. It's good for us that we all have currency that we can use to trade for goods, it makes things easier. We could just trample everyone who wasn't worth it to society, but somewhere inside of us, I think we believe, even more than our own inherent 'moral code', that such a system wouldn't be to the benefit of them no matter how high on the totem pole they are.

Basically, it's an applied rule system. But most people operate within in it like they do any other rule system, skirting them as much as possible. The 'good' people with power should call them out. When they don't, they are actually giving up the power of those people as well as their own power. What is 'real' in this world is billions of people, everything else is just a framework that requires effort to uphold.

-Smak

FultzNationRISE
10-15-2019, 08:05 PM
yes, but assuming no god answers, we grant each other rights, just like society exists for the good of all (or supposedly did), we all benefit the most when we all have equal-ish rights. Obviously people can do different things depending, but there are lines you can't cross.

I mean, nobody is saying we should start killing the homeless people, people who are old in nursing homes etc, even though 'science wise', it's a no brainer. It's not even a god thing, but it's more of a fundamental idea. Or, we can do currency, too. It's good for us that we all have currency that we can use to trade for goods, it makes things easier. We could just trample everyone who wasn't worth it to society, but somewhere inside of us, I think we believe, even more than our own inherent 'moral code', that such a system wouldn't be to the benefit of them no matter how high on the totem pole they are.

Basically, it's an applied rule system. But most people operate within in it like they do any other rule system, skirting them as much as possible. The 'good' people with power should call them out. When they don't, they are actually giving up the power of those people as well as their own power. What is 'real' in this world is billions of people, everything else is just a framework that requires effort to uphold.

-Smak

Right. We have rights in places where rights have been agreed upon. These rights change from place to place.

People in other societies have different views on what is or isn't a right. We have a system of rights for people walking around in America. People in Darfur never agreed to shit in the American Constitution. Who says our rights are their rights?

This idea of 'human' rights. Are humans governed as a single society? No. So there's no such thing as 'human' rights. There are rights when you're in America, and different rights when you're in Singapore, and different rights when you're in Ghana and so on.

"Human rights" is a popular catch phrase for SJW's, but it means very little substantively. It's a nicer sounding way of applying our standard elsewhere.

tpols
10-15-2019, 08:08 PM
American righteousness.

An extension of our governments world wide meddling, high profile citizens think they can moralize on others situations.

like a nosy neighbor... stick to yo shit.

FultzNationRISE
10-15-2019, 08:09 PM
American righteousness.

An extension of our governments meddling, high profile citizens think they can moralize on others situations.

Have you heard about Blades of Freedom?

ILLsmak
10-15-2019, 08:14 PM
legal rights, sure, but there is a baseline. If what you were saying was true, then China wouldn't have thrown a bitch fit about a comment, they would have just been like o well that's just like your opinion,man.

People are doing something that they believe will help them gain more rights or are expressing their rights and we, briefly, empowered them and supported them.

No law was enacted. We aren't sending troops anywhere. China was the one that made shit real. Then it becomes a whole different issue. I mean, it's they who are trying to control OUR rights. We don't have a right to have an opinion on their shit? MURICA, of course we do. Eat shit, China.

Dudes forget we are a country founded on rebellion and people leaving their place of residence to create a better life. China is not gonna win a war of words with us, and they know it. That's why they start doing wack shit, just like when they tried to shit on our farmers as soon as they got tariff'd.

Stay the course. If China doesn't wanna **** w/ the NBA, then pull out. People have said plenty of things about other wild shit. People have comments on the Civil War, they have comments about Syrian shit, they have comments about Israel v Palestine. China is the one getting butthurt. Saudis would probably get butthurt, too, but that doesn't mean that they are right. They think they can leverage their shit, but they only can if we let them.

-Smak

tpols
10-15-2019, 08:17 PM
Have you heard about Blades of Freedom?

i rock a full beard homie.

all about the electric trimmer to keep it tight sorry mate. :(

FultzNationRISE
10-15-2019, 08:21 PM
i rock a full beard homie.

all about the electric trimmer to keep it tight sorry mate. :(

I feel you.

Does your mother shave her cooch by any chance?

tpols
10-15-2019, 08:22 PM
why has china been on tilt so much lately though?

has the Don gotten to them?

hmm....

Bronbron23
10-15-2019, 08:43 PM
Pretty much this. It's fine if they don't won't to comment on the situation but don't knock another man for doing so.

CelticBaller
10-15-2019, 09:56 PM
American righteousness.

An extension of our governments world wide meddling, high profile citizens think they can moralize on others situations.

:applause:

TOUCH MY BODY
10-15-2019, 10:09 PM
LeBron knows China calls the shots in today's world and he wants to continue stacking paper. Brotha gotta get paid :pimp:

Bronbron23
10-15-2019, 10:18 PM
:applause:
What are u clapping for? That was just idiotic nonsense. People in other countries should care about atrocities everywhere. People raising awareness in other countries have led to international pressure that's saved and changed people's lives. America's poor foregein policies practices has nothing to do with individuals raising awareness of atrocities in other parts of the world.

CelticBaller
10-15-2019, 10:26 PM
What are u clapping for? That was just idiotic nonsense. People in other countries should care about atrocities everywhere. People raising awareness in other countries have led to international pressure that's saved and changed people's lives. America's poor foregein policies practices has nothing to do with individuals raising awareness of atrocities in other parts of the world.

Should care? who the **** are you to tell me I should care?

Shut the **** up and live your own life

Smoke117
10-15-2019, 10:29 PM
To be honest I'm not mad at them at all. I'd be caring more about my bank account than some slant eyed gooks, too.

FultzNationRISE
10-15-2019, 10:31 PM
To be honest I'm not mad at them at all. I'd be caring more about my bank account than some slant eyed gooks, too.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/014/745/139035361828.png

Bronbron23
10-15-2019, 10:36 PM
Should care? who the **** are you to tell me I should care?

Shut the **** up and live your own life
I'm not talking specifically about you dumbass I'm just talking in general. Humans should generally care about the well being of other humans. It dosnt mean you have to speak on shit but it definitely doesn't mean you should shoot other people down who do. LeBron should of just said nothing. He shouldn't have dissed a guy who's speaking up for people who arnt allowed speaking up for themselves.

CelticBaller
10-15-2019, 10:54 PM
I'm not talking specifically about you dumbass I'm just talking in general. Humans should generally care about the well being of other humans. It dosnt mean you have to speak on shit but it definitely doesn't mean you should shoot other people down who do. LeBron should of just said nothing. He shouldn't have dissed a guy who's speaking up for people who arnt allowed speaking up for themselves.
This is an idiotic idea of looking at things. Realistically speaking humans only care about those who are close to them or around them. It's in our biology.

Humans are heterogeneous. Not a single intelligence connected through a cloud. Those HK protester don't give a **** about my race at all, yet I'm supposed to throw a pity party for them?

Get real

FultzNationRISE
10-15-2019, 11:05 PM
This is an idiotic idea of looking at things. Realistically speaking humans only care about those who are close to them or around them. It's in our biology.

Humans are heterogeneous. Not a single intelligence connected through a cloud. Those HK protester don't give a **** about my race at all, yet I'm supposed to throw a pity party for them?

Get real

Oh boy.

Kumbaya crowd aint gonna like this type of real talk.

bobopenguin
10-15-2019, 11:44 PM

Get real

Dave Chapelle: "If MLK had a sneaker deal, we still be on the back of the bus"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSNcSEWFK8U

DoctorP
10-16-2019, 12:12 AM
Is it the reality of modern day capitalism?
Yes

Does it suck?
Yes

nashwade
10-16-2019, 03:56 AM
not sure if people are aware that those "protesters" have turn to vandalism - setting shit on fire and breaking public property

plus all NBA players should just keep quiet about these things, regardless of whether it'll hurt their pockets or not. Did anyone come to home to ask me how Lebron should dribble the ball? No. Would my answer have mattered? hell no.

bobopenguin
10-16-2019, 04:48 AM
not sure if people are aware that those "protesters" have turn to vandalism - setting shit on fire and breaking public property

plus all NBA players should just keep quiet about these things, regardless of whether it'll hurt their pockets or not. Did anyone come to home to ask me how Lebron should dribble the ball? No. Would my answer have mattered? hell no.

1) it was proven that police adressed up as protesters and escalates the situation by throwing molotov/destorying subway properties.

2)protesters setting things on fire on public properties - mostly are those controlled by government. Government controlled subway system, shutting gates and prevent protesters leaving, then police went on batsh*t and beating everyone.

let's be clear, if u are involved in the whole progress from day 1, it's government and polices whom are fking things up day after day, resulting to what it is today, it was police who escalates the violence, it was police/government who team up with local triads and beating ppl, it was police/government who allowed raping/kidnapping/missing protesters up to now.

I am currently working in hk and i know this sh*t. dont get fooled by chinese propaganda.

nashwade
10-16-2019, 04:57 AM
why would the police want to dress up as protesters to escalate the problem?

I know there are shit loads of conspiracy theories out there - at the end of the day you (everyone) believe what you want to believe in

CelticBaller
10-16-2019, 05:02 AM
Dave Chapelle also said he would

bobopenguin
10-16-2019, 05:11 AM
why would the police want to dress up as protesters to escalate the problem?

I know there are shit loads of conspiracy theories out there - at the end of the day you (everyone) believe what you want to believe in

if any police died during protest, chinese commies then use this as a valid reason to justify why they gonna send PLA (People's Liberation Army) to HK and settle the riot once for all openly, whether there's blood shed or not.

right now, again, proven, PLA already taken HK police role, and use brutality against protesters, so they are just trying to escalate things.

bluechox2
10-16-2019, 05:29 AM
The Chinese got the world on lockdown... got corporations bending over backwards

nashwade
10-16-2019, 05:52 AM
if any police died during protest, chinese commies then use this as a valid reason to justify why they gonna send PLA (People's Liberation Army) to HK and settle the riot once for all openly, whether there's blood shed or not.

right now, again, proven, PLA already taken HK police role, and use brutality against protesters, so they are just trying to escalate things.

that's a possibility but it's super warped. it's like someone decided 4 months ago that this will end with some nuking or air strike shit.

makes for a good Netflix series

Smoke117
10-16-2019, 05:55 AM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/014/745/139035361828.png

Just keeping it real, nikka. Why should Lchoke and haren care about some half blind asians across the fukking globe? lol

BigShotBob
10-16-2019, 01:20 PM
Yea no one should care. Where were they when I was evicted and had to find a place to live at the age of 19?

They didn't care about me then so I don't care about them now.

Lord P
10-16-2019, 01:22 PM
The NBA will pull the all star game out of Charlotte over transgendered bathrooms but still play games in China where people are being put into camps. That tells you everything you need to know about the situation. :lol

keep-itreal
10-16-2019, 02:15 PM
Of course not. Money isn't the issue. It's social justice f@ggots like LeChong, Popovich and Steve Kerr being huge hypocrites that's the issue

bobopenguin
10-16-2019, 08:22 PM
The NBA will pull the all star game out of Charlotte over transgendered bathrooms but still play games in China where people are being put into camps. That tells you everything you need to know about the situation. :lol

cold hard truth!

iamgine
10-17-2019, 03:26 AM
Yeah cause they care about the situation IN AMERICA.

The NBA don't seem to care about the situation in Uganda. They also don't seem to care that in Malaysia they don't have transgender bathroom at all. They also don't seem to care that Aborigines in Australia faced some racism.

Should we criticize them for those? :confusedshrug:

bobopenguin
10-17-2019, 05:14 AM

The NBA don't seem to care about the situation in Uganda. They also don't seem to care that in Malaysia they don't have transgender bathroom at all. They also don't seem to care that Aborigines in Australia faced some racism.

i thought black life matters.
Lebron should use this opportunity and fly to Uganda to save his brother from another continent.

ILLsmak
10-17-2019, 06:18 AM

Great comedians make great, albeit sometimes exaggerated, metaphors. That they are funny makes them easier to digest.

Comedians are like modern prophets because of the shackles we put on other written/spoken art forms. Hopefully that will change soon. Plenty of people are ready to say shit, but are too afraid of losing their position as an artist.

-Smak

hold this L
10-17-2019, 07:41 AM
Of course not. Money isn't the issue. It's social justice f@ggots like LeChong, Popovich and Steve Kerr being huge hypocrites that's the issue
This is the only problem for me.

ImKobe
10-17-2019, 08:11 AM

Yes. The NBA has to speak out against every single injustice in the world or they're hypocrites.