PDA

View Full Version : 7 days out from 8 months of real basketball. Its prediction time.

Kblaze8855
10-15-2019, 06:44 AM
1. Who wins MVP?

2. Who leads the league in scoring?

3. Who leads in assists?

4. Clippers or Lakers have the better record?

5. Bucks repeat as best record in the east?

6. Hawks. That something you might be interested in?

7. Will the Suns talented young players finally win some games?

8. Luka/KP.....who do you consider the franchise player?

9. Will the west playoffs be the same teams from last year with the Lakers replacing the Thunder?

10. Hornets...over/under 18 wins?

11. Ben Simmons....over/under 18 threes made?

12. Will Jason Kidd be the Lakers head coach before April?

13. More likely first time all star....CJ McCollum or Pascal Siakam?

14. Any chance Embiid takes Giannis spot as the usual consensus best in the east?

15. Higher PPG this year....Lauri Markkanen or Tatum?

16. RJ Barrett or Zion....who drops 40 first?

17. Minnesota. Do you care...at all?

18. Indiana Pacers.....same question

19. How long till someone on the Raptors make a Tristian Thompson like "We still the champs...." declaration that the entire basketball world laughs at? Will we make it to November?

20. Nuggets or Jazz....you have to bet a months pay on one of them to win the title. Who do you pick?

Doranku
10-15-2019, 06:56 AM
1. Who wins MVP? AD

2. Who leads the league in scoring? Curry

3. Who leads in assists? Russ

4. Clippers or Lakers have the better record? Lakers

5. Bucks repeat as best record in the east? No, 76ers

6. Hawks. That something you might be interested in? Not really.

7. Will the Suns talented young players finally win some games? No.

8. Luka/KP.....who do you consider the franchisep layer? Luka easily.

9. Will the west playoffs be the same teams from last year with the Lakers replacing the Thunder? Probably but I could see the Pelicans making it.

10. Hornets...over/under 18 wins? Under.

11. Ben Simmons....over/under 18 threes made? Under.

12. Will Jason Kidd be the Lakers head coach before April? No.

13. More likely first time all star....CJ McCollum or Pascal Siakam? Siakam for sure.

14. Any chance Embiid takes Giannis spot as the usual consensus best in the east? Won't play enough.

15. Higher PPG this year....Lauri Markkanen or Tatum? Markkanen.

16. RJ Barrett or Zion....who drops 40 first? Zion.

17. Minnesota. Do you care...at all? No.

18. Indiana Pacers.....same question A little bit. Think Sabonis is a real nice player. They made some interesting acquisitions as well.

19. How long till someone on the Raptors make a Tristian Thompson like "We still the champs...." declaration that the entire basketball world laughs at? Will we make it to November? Unlikely.

20. Nuggets or Jazz....you have to bet a months pay on one of them to win the title. Who do you pick? Jazz.

chains5000
10-15-2019, 07:19 AM
1. Who wins MVP? Curry

3. Who leads in assists? Trae Young

4. Clippers or Lakers have the better record? Clippers

5. Bucks repeat as best record in the east? No

6. Hawks. That something you might be interested in? No

7. Will the Suns talented young players finally win some games? Close to the playoffs but won't make it (see 2018-2019 Kings)

8. Luka/KP.....who do you consider the franchise player? Luka

9. Will the west playoffs be the same teams from last year with the Lakers replacing the Thunder? I don't know what to think about the Spurs

10. Hornets...over/under 18 wins? Under

11. Ben Simmons....over/under 18 threes made? Over
Edit: I read "attempted", no way Simmons makes 18 threes

12. Will Jason Kidd be the Lakers head coach before April? No

13. More likely first time all star....CJ McCollum or Pascal Siakam? Siakam (easier in the east)

14. Any chance Embiid takes Giannis spot as the usual consensus best in the east? There won't a consensus on who the best east player is (one of the two)

15. Higher PPG this year....Lauri Markkanen or Tatum? Markkanen

16. RJ Barrett or Zion....who drops 40 first? Barrett

17. Minnesota. Do you care...at all? No, they need a top pick ASAP

18. Indiana Pacers.....same question Yes, top 4 team in the East at the minimum

19. How long till someone on the Raptors make a Tristian Thompson like "We still the champs...." declaration that the entire basketball world laughs at? Will we make it to November? I hope it's Nurse or Ujiri and not a player, but they will

20. Nuggets or Jazz....you have to bet a months pay on one of them to win the title. Who do you pick? Nuggets

21. Do you even care about anyone in the east after the second seed? Boston and Pacers are decent.

Real Men Wear Green
10-15-2019, 07:50 AM
1. Who wins MVP?
Giannis, all the other great players are teamed up so he'll have a strong narrative.

Also Giannis

3. Who leads in assists?
Harden

Hard to predict who does more rest. I'll say Clippers, still appreciate Doc and prefer their star.

Yes but it should be Philly.

Naw

Luka, but KP pre injury was good enough to be one and should be again.

9. Will the west playoffs be the same teams from last year with the Lakers replacing the Thunder?
I think the Pelicans may replace someone.

Over if he takes 2 per game as it will be a sign that he's serious about it. Otherwise under.

No but he will be at the start of next season.

McCollum

14. Any chance Embiid takes Giannis spot as the usual consensus best in the east?
He has a chance but I don't expect it.

Tatum.

Zion, easily.

Nope.

Rooting for Oladipo.

19. How long till someone on the Raptors make a Tristian Thompson like "We still the champs...." declaration that the entire basketball world laughs at? Will we make it to November?
It will be when someone picks them to lose in the first round. Unlike Cleveland they should still be respectable.

20. Nuggets or Jazz....you have to bet a months pay on one of them to win the title. Who do you pick?
Nuggets. If Perry can live up to the hype they may have a chance. Utah has no chance.

21. Do you even care about anyone in the east after the second seed?
Depends on the Celtic record.

Real Men Wear Green
10-15-2019, 07:52 AM
I completely forgot about Curry. Him. He's going to be top scorer

brooks_thompson
10-15-2019, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=Doranku]1. Who wins MVP? Embiid

2. Who leads the league in scoring? Curry is close to a lock

3. Who leads in assists? Really dunno, Trae Young is a good choice

4. Clippers or Lakers have the better record? Clips

5. Bucks repeat as best record in the east? Yes, Coach Bud churns out regular season machines

6. Hawks. That something you might be interested in? [B]Sadly, no. I got excited for them briefly last year, but I

Kblaze8855
10-15-2019, 05:30 PM
I feel like Harden and Russ will be in each others way enough that neither leads the league in assists....but I

eliteballer
10-15-2019, 05:52 PM
So you're not going to give us your predictions?

SouBeachTalents
10-15-2019, 06:24 PM
1. I think it's Embiid's time

2. Even with Westbrook there, I'm still goin with Harden

3. I'd go with LeBron, but would pick Wall if healthy

4. Clips

5. Nah, I got the Sixers this year

6. Besides Trae, not really

7. I think they'll improve, just not enough to be relevant

8. Luka

9. I'd say so, yeah

10. As bad as the Hornets are, I can't pick the under on 18 wins

11. Under, let's see him make one first lol

12. It's definitely possible, but I'd say no

13. Siakam

14. He for sure has a chance, but even if he did, it definitely be far from consensus

15. Lauri

16. Don't know how you wouldn't go with Zion after the preseason he's had

17. A few years ago I thought they'd be a contender by now, but today, not really

18. They're a solid team if Oladipo comes back healthy, but not really

19. I don't think they care, they already got very little attention as the champs

20. Nuggets

Manny98
10-15-2019, 07:13 PM
Kyrie will win MVP

Proctor
10-15-2019, 09:03 PM
1. Who wins MVP? Giannis

3. Who leads in assists? Westbrook

5. Bucks repeat as best record in the east? Yes

6. Hawks. That something you might be interested in? Trae, Collins and Huerter are nice

7. Will the Suns talented young players finally win some games? No :roll:

9. Will the west playoffs be the same teams from last year with the Lakers replacing the Thunder? Yes, though if there were any surprises, I could see the Blazers mysteriously imploding

11. Ben Simmons....over/under 18 threes made? Under

12. Will Jason Kidd be the Lakers head coach before April? Not that soon, no

13. More likely first time all star....CJ McCollum or Pascal Siakam? Siakam

14. Any chance Embiid takes Giannis spot as the usual consensus best in the east? No

16. RJ Barrett or Zion....who drops 40 first? Zion

17. Minnesota. Do you care...at all? Nope

18. Indiana Pacers.....same question They'll be decent

19. How long till someone on the Raptors make a Tristian Thompson like "We still the champs...." declaration that the entire basketball world laughs at? Will we make it to November? Lowry will spout off something like this

20. Nuggets or Jazz....you have to bet a months pay on one of them to win the title. Who do you pick? Jazz, to me the Nuggets are very good but ultimately fools gold

Charlie Sheen
10-15-2019, 10:02 PM
1. Who wins MVP? AD

2. Who leads the league in scoring? AD

3. Who leads in assists? Lebron

4. Clippers or Lakers have the better record? Lakers

6. Hawks. That something you might be interested in? I want to like them because I loved trae in college, but my plate is full with the Lakers being relevant again.

7. Will the Suns talented young players finally win some games? Yes. I really like the moves they made this offseason. Getting rid of that knucklehead Jackson. Drafting Cam. Adding Saric and Rubio. They've got a rotation of legit NBA players.

9. Will the west playoffs be the same teams from last year with the Lakers replacing the Thunder? Nah. No way. The Thunder with Chris Paul are going to get wins. The Kings are right there on the cusp of taking that next step. I'm not counting either of those teams out

12. Will Jason Kidd be the Lakers head coach before April? No.

13. More likely first time all star....CJ McCollum or Pascal Siakam? Siakam. Reddit nerds love this guy

14. Any chance Embiid takes Giannis spot as the usual consensus best in the east? A great chance. There's going to be a hole with the departures of TJ, Jimmy and JJ for both production and leadership for Joel to take on more of both if he wants it

15. Higher PPG this year....Lauri Markkanen or Tatum? Lauri. No real good reason besides Tatum plays for the C's and I wouldn't choose him because of it

17. Minnesota. Do you care...at all? Yeah. FireDavidKahn is one of my favorite nba posters and I like reading his stuff. Dude has an authentic point of view from a tormented fan so it kinda draws my interest to catching some twolves games throughout the season

20. Nuggets or Jazz....you have to bet a months pay on one of them to win the title. Who do you pick? Feels like a question of who could you win with right now Jokic or Gobert? Hate to do this to Jokic but I'm rolling with Rudy. Jazz.

superduper
10-15-2019, 10:06 PM
I predict Bran will have no halp

Im so nba'd out
10-15-2019, 11:49 PM
Clippers vs 76ers in the Finals unless the bucks or nuggets make a major trade.

Warriors miss the playoffs with Steph getting hurt.

Rockets lose in the conference finals again.

hi me in the future

FultzNationRISE
10-16-2019, 12:16 AM
https://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/lebron-james-face.jpg

Andrei89
10-16-2019, 03:11 AM
1. Who wins MVP?- Embiid

3. Who leads in assists? Chris Paul

4. Clippers or Lakers have the better record? Hard prediction

5. Bucks repeat as best record in the east? Philly

6. Hawks. That something you might be interested in? Their young core is exciting

7. Will the Suns talented young players finally win some games? No

8. Luka/KP.....who do you consider the franchise player? Both if KP stays healthy

9. Will the west playoffs be the same teams from last year with the Lakers replacing the Thunder? No

10. Hornets...over/under 18 wins? Under, worst record

12. Will Jason Kidd be the Lakers head coach before April? :eek:

14. Any chance Embiid takes Giannis spot as the usual consensus best in the east? Yes

15. Higher PPG this year....Lauri Markkanen or Tatum? Markannen

16. RJ Barrett or Zion....who drops 40 first? Barret

17. Minnesota. Do you care...at all? No

18. Indiana Pacers.....same question No

19. How long till someone on the Raptors make a Tristian Thompson like "We still the champs...." declaration that the entire basketball world laughs at? Will we make it to November? Raps are still a solid squad

20. Nuggets or Jazz....you have to bet a months pay on one of them to win the title. Who do you pick? Nuggets

Smoke117
10-16-2019, 06:00 AM
What it's time for is you to ban half the fukking accounts on this board.

Phenith
10-16-2019, 11:55 AM
1. Who wins MVP? Curry, back to pre KD Curry, health pending...

2. Who leads the league in scoring? Curry, health pending...

3. Who leads in assists? Young was great as a rookie, but Russ will be right there again.

4. Clippers or Lakers have the better record? This is a toss-up, it'll likely be the healthier team.

5. Bucks repeat as best record in the east? Yes, losing Brogdon hurts, but the field didn't get any better.

6. Hawks. That something you might be interested in? Not really, they have almost too many young players, hard to develop them all. Feels like a farm team.

7. Will the Suns talented young players finally win some games? Rubio will stabilize them, but they still don't have any identity, a few more wins should still be expected.

8. Luka/KP.....who do you consider the franchise player? Both?!?!

9. Will the west playoffs be the same teams from last year with the Lakers replacing the Thunder? I wouldn't count the Thunder out yet, maybe the Spurs finally miss the post season???

10. Hornets...over/under 18 wins? 18 is a sad number of wins, gotta go with over here, I don't want to believe any team will be that bad.

11. Ben Simmons....over/under 18 threes made? He either continues to hesitate to shoot or he blows that mark out of the water.

12. Will Jason Kidd be the Lakers head coach before April? The writing seemed to be on the wall from the beginning, though I'm not sure it will happen if they are playing well.

13. More likely first time all star....CJ McCollum or Pascal Siakam? Siakam, it's just that much easier to make that leap in the east.

14. Any chance Embiid takes Giannis spot as the usual consensus best in the east? A fully healthy Embiid along with Giannis not taking the next step would make this possible, but I find it unlikely.

15. Higher PPG this year....Lauri Markkanen or Tatum? Lauri is probably going to be the focus for the Bulls so I lean that way.

16. RJ Barrett or Zion....who drops 40 first? I will lean to RJ, shooters put a lot less effort into having a good offensive game.

17. Minnesota. Do you care...at all? Ummm, no, there is some nice pieces there, but they are really forgotten due to the team they're on. Making the playoffs wouldn't even make them relevant.

18. Indiana Pacers.....same question See answer to #17.

19. How long till someone on the Raptors make a Tristian Thompson like "We still the champs...." declaration that the entire basketball world laughs at? Will we make it to November? As laughable as the quote would be, it's still the truth until someone else wins. I almost don't see it happening though.

20. Nuggets or Jazz....you have to bet a months pay on one of them to win the title. Who do you pick? Jokic is the best player on either team, but the Jazz are well built and play playoff basketball. I reluctantly pick the Jazz, this is 50/50 to me.

Opinions bolded in quote.

DoctorP
10-16-2019, 12:21 PM
1. Who wins MVP? Kawhi

3. Who leads in assists? Paul

6. Hawks. That something you might be interested in? Just T Young

9. Will the west playoffs be the same teams from last year with the Lakers replacing the Thunder? Yes

13. More likely first time all star....CJ McCollum or Pascal Siakam? McCollum

14. Any chance Embiid takes Giannis spot as the usual consensus best in the east? No

15. Higher PPG this year....Lauri Markkanen or Tatum? Tatum

17. Minnesota. Do you care...at all? No

18. Indiana Pacers.....same question. Slightly

19. How long till someone on the Raptors make a Tristian Thompson like "We still the champs...." declaration that the entire basketball world laughs at? Will we make it to November? 1st day

20. Nuggets or Jazz....you have to bet a months pay on one of them to win the title. Who do you pick? Jazz

ralph_i_el
10-16-2019, 12:23 PM
1. Who wins MVP?
Anthony Davis

Harden

3. Who leads in assists?

Nikola Jokic (per game)

Clippers

No. Philly

John Collins has bounce

Maybe 30

Both

I think the Mavs make it too, but IDK who loses out

Over

Under

No

Siakam

si

Lauri

Zion

Towns is fun to watch

Do they still have Bogdanovich?

Next week

Jazz

90sgoat
10-16-2019, 01:15 PM
1. Who wins MVP?

Anthony Davis, the media will make sure of it.

Runner up: Nicola Jokic

Doncic gets his first votes

Harden

3. Who leads in assists?

Westbrook

Lakers, cause Kawhi is going to take time off

Easily

No, I will just ignore them as usual

Yes, but not many, maybe 35 or so, but they will have days when they're looking real good and fun with Rubio, Ayton and Booker. There will be high scoring spurts with Rubio hitting 20+ assists.

Come on dude, this is easily Luka. The challenge will be how to have KP gain his form back, while still making him feel like he is 1b and not second banana. Judging from the preseason games, Carlisle will stack them, so that KP goes to bench first, then runs as first banana while Luka is on the bench.

I think we're in for a lot of surprises.

Who do they have again?

Under

No, Vogel will coach until James gives up in the playoffs and then gets Vogel fired. He will do him like he did that israeli coach.

Pascal, too much competition for CJ.

Not a chance, Embiid will cement his status as Dwight Howard goofball this season.

Lauri seems in position to have a breakout season, but depends on if his teammates will allow it (blackballing).

Zion will drop 40 within 20 games.

No.

Yes, because of Sabonis, but not as much since Bojan left.

Getting tired of your questions now.

Nuggets, Gobert is just not good enough offensively. Defensive centers with no offensive game don't win rings.

Naero
10-16-2019, 06:07 PM
1. Who wins MVP?

I'm liking Giannis's chances at encoring. Anchoring the only single-star title-contender (Middleton is still a fringe All-Star at best to me), the most plausible MVP narrative is still establishable for him: carry-jobs on a top-two-seeded team.

I wouldn't be shocked if Embiid wrested it from him, except his time on the sidelines may be enough to downrate his case. If he misses his usual 15-plus games, he'll need to offset it with a profundity of better team success and/or individual play

Prometheus
10-16-2019, 06:14 PM

Not a chance, Embiid will cement his status as Dwight Howard goofball this season.

Idiot.

BigTicket
10-17-2019, 06:29 AM
1. Who wins MVP? Kawhi

3. Who leads in assists? Trae Young

6. Hawks. That something you might be interested in? No

9. Will the west playoffs be the same teams from last year with the Lakers replacing the Thunder? No

10. Hornets...over/under 18 wins? Over

14. Any chance Embiid takes Giannis spot as the usual consensus best in the east? Yes

17. Minnesota. Do you care...at all? no

18. Indiana Pacers.....same question? No

19. How long till someone on the Raptors make a Tristian Thompson like "We still the champs...." declaration that the entire basketball world laughs at? Will we make it to November? Yes

Boki4MVP
10-17-2019, 10:27 AM
1. Who wins MVP?
Davis
Curry
3. Who leads in assists?
Conley
Lakers
No philly
Yes I like trigger Trae
No
Luka
Yes
Over
Over
No
P
No
Tat
Zion
Trash
Yeah great coach great team
Never

LAVAR BALL
10-17-2019, 06:31 PM
1. Who wins MVP?
Embiid/Curry (one of the 2)

Curry(Watch out for a new 3pts record this year)

3. Who leads in assists?
CP3

Clipps

Philly this year

More Sacto than ATL

Did Phoenix move to the East?

I feel a bad vibe from KP...you can't be so talented and be traded from the Kncks, of all the franchise!!

S.A Better not have health issue, they'll feel Sacramento's breathing on their neck

Right on cue!!

Under

Nope

Siakam

No one else is even close

Lauri..Please let this guy be healthy

RJ may drops 40 shots.
Zion will drop 40 Points

Hell yeah... Please trade Wiggins and Teague to Shanghai

Their roster is really interesting. Legit East Top 4 chance once Dipo gets back. Curious to see how Brogdon evolve in such a situation

April: after they steal homecourt to Boston on 1st round of playoffs

Mike Conley is the most underrated pickup of the summer. Would bet Jazz

Mask the Embiid
06-04-2021, 03:46 AM
Clippers vs 76ers in the Finals unless the bucks or nuggets make a major trade.

Warriors miss the playoffs with Steph getting hurt.

Rockets lose in the conference finals again.

hi me in the future

hi me from the past...They say i get everything wrong