PDA

View Full Version : Of all major Democrat candidates only Warren & Booker gave more to charity

Long Duck Dong
10-16-2019, 04:21 PM
...than your average millionaire.

The legit millionaires are Bernie Sanders and Kamala Harris gave among the least

Kamala in 2018 gave 1.4% of her income to charity in 2018. While AG for California she literally gave nothing
Bernie Sanders gave 3.4% in 2018, 3% in 2017 but less than 1% in 2014 and several years beforehand

The average charity donation for those making a million or more is 5%, and around 3% for those making less than a million.

Elizabeth Warren had an income just shy of a million donated 5.5% to charity in 2018.

Corey Booker who made much less than a million donated a whopping 16%

Joe Biden hasn't released his tax returns since 2015 but donated a measly 1.8% that year. Interestingly Mike Pence the current vice president also hasn't released his tax returns since 2015 and donated 7.7% in 2015, with the five years prior being between 5.4% and 9.2%.

Beto O'Rourke was the real scrooge. He hasn't released his tax returns for 2018 but donated just 0.3% in 2017 and 0.2% on 2016.

https://fortune.com/2019/04/26/2020-democratic-candidates-charity/

rufuspaul
10-16-2019, 04:26 PM
Joe Biden hasn't released his tax returns since 2015

https://fortune.com/2019/04/26/2020-democratic-candidates-charity/

You mean people running for president don't have to release their tax returns???

CelticBaller
10-16-2019, 04:34 PM
Beto o rourke is a tool

That is all

bladefd
10-16-2019, 04:36 PM
You mean people running for president don't have to release their tax returns???

inb4 Biden releases his taxes and rufus is left standing there holding his own prick once again

Bit disappointed by how little most of the candidates gave to charity :(

Patrick Chewing
10-16-2019, 04:37 PM
Beto o rourke is a tool

That is all

:lol

CNN murdered his ass this morning in an interview.

rufuspaul
10-16-2019, 04:50 PM
inb4 Biden releases his taxes and rufus is left standing there holding his own prick once again

Bit disappointed by how little most of the candidates gave to charity :(

Why would Biden's taxes make me want to hold my dick? :confusedshrug:

The Biden candidacy is in trouble. He's outspending the others but taking in much less. Not a good sign.

bladefd
10-16-2019, 05:25 PM

The Biden candidacy is in trouble. He's outspending the others but taking in much less. Not a good sign.

Because you usually end up being wrong and looking like a buffoon :oldlol:

rufuspaul
10-16-2019, 05:26 PM
Because you usually end up being wrong and looking like a buffoon :oldlol:

So I'm wrong that Biden hasn't released his tax returns since 2015? What else?

FultzNationRISE
10-16-2019, 05:28 PM

:roll:

bladefed is such an enormous cringe. Dude has no legitimate intellect, always tries to overcompensate with an over-the-top "liberal hero" complex.

bladefd
10-16-2019, 09:17 PM
So I'm wrong that Biden hasn't released his tax returns since 2015? What else?

Whenever you claim something, the opposite happens every single time :oldlol:

i.e. You say something about how great stock market is doing, and stock market plummets 3 weeks later. Rinse and repeat on other topics, almost anything related to politics and Trump. :cheers:

tpols
10-16-2019, 09:22 PM
holy shit beta. :roll:

i wouldnt be surprised if the ***** was robbing charities.

rufuspaul
10-16-2019, 10:31 PM
Whenever you claim something, the opposite happens every single time :oldlol:

i.e. You say something about how great stock market is doing, and stock market plummets 3 weeks later. Rinse and repeat on other topics, almost anything related to politics and Trump. :cheers:

The stock market has reached unheard of record levels under Trump. PROVE ME WRONG.

So what have you ever contributed to the OTC? Yeah right, absolutely nothing. All you

FultzNationRISE
10-16-2019, 10:36 PM
But guys, the Democrat candidates are the ones who really care about us.

SomeBlackDude
10-16-2019, 11:03 PM
But guys, the Democrat candidates are the ones who really care about us.

lol.

maga should really stay away from charities and taxes as a battleground.

[QUOTE]Trump agrees to shut down his charity amid allegations that he used it for personal and political benefit

President Trump has agreed to shut down his embattled personal charity and to give away its remaining money amid allegations that he used the foundation for his personal and political benefit, New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood announced Tuesday.

Underwood said that the Donald J. Trump Foundation is dissolving as her office pursues its lawsuit against the charity, Trump and his three eldest children.

The suit, filed in June, alleged

FultzNationRISE
10-16-2019, 11:20 PM
lol.

maga should really stay away from charities and taxes as a battleground.

probably filed the emergency appeal cuz he doesn't want us to know how generous he is.

maga (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNJL6nfu__Q) :djparty

Except maga didnt run a political campaign on a #PayYourFairShare platform. Unlike every Dem in the field.

Being exposed as a hypocrite is a bit more damaging than being 'exposed' as exactly the person everyone already knew you were :confusedshrug:

SomeBlackDude
10-16-2019, 11:27 PM
Being exposed as a hypocrite is a bit more damaging than being 'exposed' as exactly the person everyone already knew you were :confusedshrug:

so if i'm understanding your logic here- giving to charity and releasing your tax returns is 'a bit more damaging' than your fake charity being shut down by the feds following a 'shocking pattern of illegality and self-dealing' and having to file emergency appeals all the way up to potentially the supreme court to make sure your financials never see the light of day?

truly, maga has ushered in a new era.

what a time indeed.

FultzNationRISE
10-16-2019, 11:34 PM
so if i'm understanding your logic here- giving to charity and releasing your tax returns is 'a bit more damaging' than your fake charity being shut down by the feds following a 'shocking pattern of illegality and self-dealing' and having to file emergency appeals all the way up to potentially the supreme court to make sure your financials never see the light of day?

truly, maga has ushered in a new era.

what a time indeed.

Good/bad is a function of expectations, dear boy.

Dems run on campaigns of #MeToo and #FairShare, while getting exposed in DROVES the last few years as penny-pinching sexual predators :lol

MAGA never put up those phony fronts in the first place.

Hence, Dem Fam hold the L.

Hawker
10-16-2019, 11:43 PM
Good/bad is a function of expectations, dear boy.

Dems run on campaigns of #MeToo and #FairShare, while getting exposed in DROVES the last few years as penny-pinching sexual predators :lol

Hence, Dem Fam hold the L.

This.

MAGA fam isn't setting the moral standards in the public culture these days. It aint the 70s anymore where christians ruled everything.

SomeBlackDude
10-16-2019, 11:47 PM

at first maga was like

Trump says he is the 'most transparent president' in US history (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H9kHLsX_aQ)

but then they were like

Trump sues Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. and accounting firm Mazars over attempt to get tax returns

Trump sues to stop New York prosecutors from getting his taxes

Trump sues House Ways and Means panel to block disclosure of his tax returns

Trump sues California over tax return law

the maga way back machine, when crooked hillary's foundation was the most crooked thing in the history of crooked.

[QUOTE]Donald J. Trump
June 26, 2016

FultzNationRISE
10-16-2019, 11:52 PM
at first maga was like

Trump says he is the 'most transparent president' in US history (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H9kHLsX_aQ)

but then they were like

the maga way back machine, when crooked hillary's foundation was the most crooked thing in the history of crooked.

but then

and since we're doing maga's greatest hypocrisy hits- remember all that stuff about draining a swamp? how many maga soldiers have been tried, convicted, flipped thus far? :confusedshrug:

but sleepy joe only releasing his taxes through 2015 for now... woat crime.

maga.

Let me clarify: Nobody actually believed or voted for Trump because they thought he had an ethical and squeaky clean business history.

Dem voters seem to actually believe their candidates are caring, giving, sincere advocates of women, the poor, and POC etc.

All political candidates posture fraudulently. Dembots are the only ones still falling for the okey doke.

SomeBlackDude
10-16-2019, 11:54 PM
Let me clarify: Nobody actually believed or voted for Trump because they believed he had an ethical and squeaky clean business history.

Dem voters seem to actually believe these candidates are caring, giving, sincere advocates of women and POC etc.

All political candidates posture fraudulently. Dembots are the only ones still falling for it.

did maga run on draining the swamp or not?

simple question.

FultzNationRISE
10-16-2019, 11:58 PM
did maga run on draining the swamp or not?

simple question.

Did Phony Paul Ryan slither out of Washington as a direct result of Trump's election?

simple question

FultzNationRISE
10-17-2019, 12:03 AM
How about John McCain?

He also didn't stick around too long after Trump was elected :lol

SomeBlackDude
10-17-2019, 12:07 AM
Did Phony Paul Ryan slither out of Washington as a direct result of Trump's election?

simple question

:coleman:

he was speaker of the house, third in line to the presidency as a direct result of the maga revolution.

https://i.postimg.cc/Ssw-z2ng0/ee7630b4-dcea-45cc-a247-b72d74a0c586-AP-Trump-Congress-Health-Ca.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/43yKW6Mk/gettyimages-622158460.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/vTFc8pmb/26870336-323175598174546-6938579319488774144-n1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/43j3wrVV/180130-vod-orig-sotu-notable-lines-MIX2-16x9-992.jpg

now again, did maga promise to "drain the swamp" or not?

FultzNationRISE
10-17-2019, 12:13 AM
Nice try.

Puppet Paul bowed out of Congress because the GOP establishment and its special interest string pullers didn't want him supporting a populist like Donald Trump, but also didn't want him publicly clashing with a Republican president.

Trump gave him the little kid treatment. Smiled, shook his hand, put his arm around him. "Sure, Paul, I know you're working against me, but I find you so unthreatening I won't even bother make a thing of it. You'll cower and quit in a month." *Smiles and shakes hands with Paul for another photo*

Puppet Paul #DownTheDrain

SomeBlackDude
10-17-2019, 12:22 AM
:yaohappy:

p-reezy got the hell outta dodge when he realized, again as a result of the brilliance of maga and their swamp draining efforts, the gop was about to lose the house in record fashion and crooked nancy was gonna be his boss again.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/7A4iGSv5ncnLxUfGjZ/giphy.gif

and now master p is running the show at state media (https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/19/former-house-speaker-paul-ryan-joins-board-of-fox-news-parent-company.html).

and he wants to drain the swamp for real (https://www.oann.com/watch-paul-ryan-telling-fox-news-to-prepare-for-post-trump-future-limit-wh-coverage/) now. :crazysam:

bladefd
10-17-2019, 02:06 AM
[QUOTE=rufuspaul]The stock market has reached unheard of record levels under Trump. PROVE ME WRONG.

So what have you ever contributed to the OTC? Yeah right, absolutely nothing. All you

rufuspaul
10-17-2019, 07:36 AM
So a recession is coming... Thanks a lot, rufus.. We are all screwed :(

We're due that's for sure. Still doesn't make me wrong.

FultzNationRISE
03-05-2020, 04:02 PM
Why didnt Bernie share more of his own good fortune to help the working class? :(

Stephonit
03-05-2020, 04:31 PM
Why didnt Bernie share more of his own good fortune to help the working class? :(

When did Bernie become a millionaire again?

First post of this thread is misleading unsurprisingly since it assumes Bernie was a millionaire for the whole period described.

Bernie has devoted his entire career to help the working class so it's idiotic to suggest he hasn't.

I don't see charitable giving as an effective way to help either given how many charities are inefficient and could be characterized as pseudo-scams. Donors are as likely to be hypocrites with ulterior motives as not.

Phong
03-05-2020, 04:37 PM
When did Bernie become a millionaire again?He became a millionaire in 2016 and since then has donated less than the average millionaire.

Why hoard all this wealth and buy a 3rd house?

Long Duck Dong
03-05-2020, 04:39 PM

Beto and Sanders are the 2 most progressive candidates but the cheapest with their own money. Not to mention Sanders milking his salary workers of so many hours, they make much less than the $15/hr he is telling all employers to pay even the lowliest of workers. Then has the gall to be enraged at them for going to the media with their complaints. Bernie is a typical politician. Hypocritical AF. :facepalm

Anyone who thinks different is an idiot.

FultzNationRISE
03-05-2020, 04:42 PM
He became a millionaire in 2016 and since then has donated less than the average millionaire.

Not only that but he donated LESS THAN 1% before he became a millionaire.

Dude’s been at least upper middle class for decades and has given as little as possible to others :oldlol:

He just wants to be Dictator because he has a Dictator complex. If he loses the DNC bid again this year do you think he’ll start up some selfless non profit? Doubt it. He’ll probably just retire in disappointment and go spend whatever money he’s got in himself for the rest of his days.

He’s not an altruist. He’s a wannabe dictator singing the tune his puppets wanna hear. He does t give a shit if they get it or not, especially if he doesnt get to be the one delivering it.

FultzNationRISE
03-05-2020, 04:43 PM
Beto and Sanders are the 2 most progressive candidates but the cheapest with their own money. Not to mention Sanders milking his salary workers of so many hours, they make much less than the $15/hr he is telling all employers to pay even the lowliest of workers. Then has the gall to be enraged at them for going to the media with their complaints. Bernie is a typical politician. Hypocritical AF. :facepalm

Anyone who thinks different is an idiot.

You aint lyin.

Bernie Bros been duped :(

Theyre mostly young people tho. Hopefully this will teach some valuable lessons. Some of them are guaranteed to be lifelong losers (millertime, r3.) Others may still have a chance to grow.

Im rooting for em.

Stephonit
03-05-2020, 04:47 PM
Not only that but he donated LESS THAN 1% before he became a millionaire.

Dude’s been at least upper middle class for decades and has given as little as possible to others :oldlol:

He just wants to be Dictator because he has a Dictator complex. If he loses the DNC bid again this year do you think he’ll start up some selfless non profit? Doubt it. He’ll probably just retire in disappointment and go spend whatever money he’s got in himself for the rest of his days.

He’s not an altruist. He’s a wannabe dictator singing the tune his puppets wanna hear. He does t give a shit if they get it or not, especially if he doesnt get to be the one delivering it.

The charity you describe is the kind of public-facing charity that strikes me as having a high probability of being fake or phony. If you aren't a millionaire, I'm sure a lot of people can find better uses for their money rather than giving it to someone else.

FultzNationRISE
03-05-2020, 04:53 PM
The charity you describe is the kind of public-facing charity that strikes me as having a high probability of being fake or phony. If you aren't a millionaire, I'm sure a lot of people can find better uses for their money rather than giving it to someone else.

Let me guess: Like giving it to the government? :roll:

Stephonit
03-05-2020, 04:55 PM
Let me guess: Like giving it to the government? :roll:

If it's going to end up reducing insurance premiums and overall health care expenditures leaving a net savings and removing the threat of bankruptcy why not?

Stephonit
03-05-2020, 05:20 PM
By the way since Warren and Booker gave 5+% and 16% percent respectively to charity I guess that means Warren's 8% wealth tax is a good idea or expecting 10% more in donations from the wealthy is the way to go right?

Phong
03-05-2020, 06:00 PM
I'm sure a lot of people can find better uses for their money rather than giving it to someone else. The irony. :yaohappy:

Phong
03-05-2020, 06:02 PM
By the way since Warren and Booker gave 5+% and 16% percent respectively to charity I guess that means Warren's 8% wealth tax is a good idea or expecting 10% more in donations from the wealthy is the way to go right? Charity is a voluntary action. You shouldn't demand or expect people to donate. You should only be grateful if they do so. Stop being entitled. Worry about your own money.

CelticBaller
03-05-2020, 06:09 PM

Bruh you don’t see the irony in this? :lol

FultzNationRISE
03-05-2020, 06:37 PM
If it's going to end up reducing insurance premiums and overall health care expenditures leaving a net savings and removing the threat of bankruptcy why not?

Bernie could have used the money from one of his extra houses to make that difference for some other Americans out there.

Who cares what the law is or who else is doing it. If that’s the rich person’s moral obligation, then WHY DIDNT HE DO IT???

Hawker
03-05-2020, 06:39 PM

Bernie could have used the money from one of his extra houses to make that difference for some other Americans out there.

Who cares what the law is or who else is doing it. If that’s the rich person’s moral obligation, then WHY DIDNT HE DO IT???

There's always an excuse with these clowns.

kNIOKAS
03-05-2020, 07:10 PM

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/12/10/thank-you-rescuing-me-watch-once-suicidal-veteran-offer-sanders-his-flight-jacket

FultzNationRISE
03-05-2020, 07:17 PM
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/12/10/thank-you-rescuing-me-watch-once-suicidal-veteran-offer-sanders-his-flight-jacket

:biggums:

Weigel said Monday he was able to get his military health insurance retroactively reinstated and he only had to pay $29.50 for each month it had lapsed. A GoFundMe page was launched on his behalf to help him pay down the debt. More than 2,100 donors have given over $45,000 to the fundraiser.

That’s awesome for the veteran who got the help, but what does it have to do with Sanders refusing to donate any of his own wealth to people in need?

Bernie basically implored his own base to give their own money to one guy as a PR thing for Bernie.

Bernie has given virtually NOTHING, as his tax records clearly indicate.

Stephonit
03-05-2020, 07:19 PM
The irony. :yaohappy:

Charity is a voluntary action. You shouldn't demand or expect people to donate. You should only be grateful if they do so. Stop being entitled. Worry about your own money.

Bruh you donÂ’t see the irony in this? :lol

Who cares what the law is or who else is doing it. If thatÂ’s the rich personÂ’s moral obligation, then WHY DIDNT HE DO IT???

Governments perform certain essential functions so equating taxes with charitable donations is dumb from the outset. Taxes aren't a moral obligation; they are a legal obligation. Rich people would not be doing society a favor by paying more in taxes and would not deserve gratitude, they would simply be doing their duty.

There may be clowns here but I'd argue it's those who defend the vast percentage of growth over the years going to the top 1%. You can justify it anyway you want but in most other circumstances where someone gets that much advantage by gaming the system, the other people who stand around doing nothing are called fools.

FultzNationRISE
03-05-2020, 07:23 PM
Governments perform certain essential functions so equating taxes with charitable donations is dumb from the outset. Taxes aren't a moral obligation; they are a legal obligation. Rich people would not be doing society a favor by paying more in taxes and would not deserve gratitude, they would simply be doing their duty.

There may be clowns here but I'd argue it's those who defend the vast percentage of growth over the years going to the top 1%. You can justify it anyway you want but in most other circumstances where someone gets that much advantage by gaming the system, the other people who stand around doing nothing are called fools.

People got rich because they were invested in something that was successful and brought the quality of life up in society.

That’s what they did to earn the money. Do you not understand that?

Medicine and microchips and delivery services dont just spring up naturaly from the ground. Other people created them, invested in them, poured their whole life into them with zero guarantee of a return.

You are petty and jealous and youre trying to disguise it under a moral imperative that others must give you things without their consent and without you offering anything back.

Youre transparent.

Stephonit
03-05-2020, 07:37 PM
People got rich because they were invested in something that was successful and brought the quality of life up in society.

That’s what they did to earn the money. Do you not understand that?

Medicine and microchips and delivery services dont just spring up naturaly from the ground. Other people created them, invested in them, poured their whole life into them with zero guarantee of a return.

You are petty and jeaous and youre trying to disguise it under a moral imperative for others to give you things without their consent and without you offering anything back.

Youre transparent.

Society should certainly reward those who create. The question is "how much?" When people who work hard and do everything society has trained them to do still have a hard time making ends meet especially when the economy is supposedly growing then I would argue there is a problem. The economy has grown substantially but most of that created wealth has accrued to a tiny minority. The disparity of incomes and wealth of the bottom from the top is as great as in the Gilded Age. That is the state of affairs. You accept the premise that it is a fair state and the rules that got to this state are fair. Both are open to debate. All of it is subject to renegotiation. Why you seem wedded to the current state of affairs and will not brook modification is something you'll have to explain.

Unless you are in the top bracket of the wealthy the only logical explanation I can see is that you have been brainwashed.

bladefd
03-05-2020, 07:39 PM

Should we get rid of all taxes? I asked you & richieboy this before but never got a reply. I ask again.

Are you in favor of taxes or are you not?

FultzNationRISE
03-05-2020, 07:43 PM
Society should certainly reward those who create. The question is "how much?" When people who work hard and do everything society has trained them to do still have a hard time making ends meet especially when the economy is supposedly growing then I would argue there is a problem. The economy has grown substantially but most of that created wealth has accrued to a tiny minority. The disparity of incomes and wealth of the bottom from the top is as great as in the Gilded Age. That is the state of affairs. You accept the premise that it is a fair state and the rules that got to this state are fair. Both are open to debate.

The answer has already been given by the success or failure of whatever product or industry. Society has rewarded people like Bezos and Gates and Trump and Sanders with what society overall deems fit. Theyve done this by consuming their product voluntarily at the cost stipulated.

Meanwhile you and some 15-20% of the country are simply trying to horn in and politically strong arm a cut for yourselves.

**** off.

FultzNationRISE
03-05-2020, 07:48 PM
Should we get rid of all taxes? I asked you & richieboy this before but never got a reply. I ask again.

Are you in favor of taxes or are you not?

Flat tax.

Whether it’s income, consumption, whatever.

Everyone should pay the same to the government, because the government is legaly required to treat everyone EQUALLY.

But for you equality is just a buzzword for use when it’s convenient to your personal aims. Otherwise you dont gaf.

Fraud.

Stephonit
03-05-2020, 07:48 PM
The answer has already been given by the success or failure of a whatever product or industry. Society has rewarded people like Bezos and Gates and Trump and Sanders with what society overall deems fit.

Meanwhile you and some 15-20% of the country are simply trying to horn in and politically strong arm a cut for yourselves.

**** off.

You are presuming society overall deems it fit. That is actually the question at hand: Is it fit?

Going by your logic you might as well be a peasant in the Dark Ages agreeing to the idea of the Divine Right of Kings.

bladefd
03-05-2020, 07:50 PM
Society should certainly reward those who create. The question is "how much?" When people who work hard and do everything society has trained them to do still have a hard time making ends meet especially when the economy is supposedly growing then I would argue there is a problem. The economy has grown substantially but most of that created wealth has accrued to a tiny minority. The disparity of incomes and wealth of the bottom from the top is as great as in the Gilded Age. That is the state of affairs. You accept the premise that it is a fair state and the rules that got to this state are fair. Both are open to debate.

They don't recognize that fact. Economy has grown exponentially since the late-60s, but only a very small minority at the top has benefited by incomprehensible margins. That's a fact nobody can dispute.

At the same time, that same minority have benefited from massive tax cuts over the decades. That's also a fact nobody can dispute.

It's a double whammy that nobody can dispute.

Stephonit
03-05-2020, 07:52 PM
Flat tax.

Whether it’s income, consumption, whatever.

Everyone should pay the same to the government, because the government is legaly required to treat everyone EQUALLY.

But for you equality is just a buzzword for use when it’s convenient to your personal aims. Otherwise you dont gaf.

Fraud.

But the government doesn't treat everyone equally. The benefits the government provides doesn't benefit everyone equally. The owner of a company that has a fleet of trucks transporting merchandise likely uses the roads a whole lot more and benefits a whole lot more from the roads than an individual. You saying they should pay the exact same amount?

FultzNationRISE
03-05-2020, 07:53 PM
The left has no actual specific, coherent principles. It’s just whatever comes to their mind at the moment, so long as it benefits them.

“Fair share!”

Your hero Bernie hasnt offered a fair share.

“Nah, I mean Bernie doesnt have to, but like... if youre rich... then like you gotta like, give something more.”

How much more?

“Well it depends on the person, and like, if if I support them poltically I guess.”

Sounds intelligent.

“JUST PAY UR FAIR SHARE TO ME ASSHOLE!!!!”

FultzNationRISE
03-05-2020, 07:54 PM
But the government doesn't treat everyone equally. The benefits the government provides doesn't benefit everyone equally. The owner of a company that has a fleet of trucks transporting merchandise likely uses the roads a whole lot more and benefits a whole lot more from the roads than an individual. You saying they should pay the exact same amount?

Yes because if billionaires are paying 10% in taxes we will still be able to afford roads.

Also have you heard of tolls?

Phong
03-05-2020, 07:56 PM
They don't recognize that fact. Economy has grown exponentially since the late-60s, but only a very small minority at the top has benefited by incomprehensible margins. That's a fact nobody can dispute. What have you done to earn a share of that wealth?

Stephonit
03-05-2020, 07:57 PM
Yes because if billionaires are still paying 10% in taxes we will be able to afford roads.

Also have you heard of tolls?

How do you account for the benefits of education then? The worker who is educated benefits but so does the employer. The employer likely employs multiple workers so the benefit derived is multiplied for the employer. Shouldn't he pay more in tax for the higher benefit derived from the educational system? This is but one other instance. There are multiple other ways billionaires who probably own businesses benefit. Pollution that needs to be cleaned. Tax breaks for setting up a business. Favorable laws that might impinge on other constituents. Etc.

FultzNationRISE
03-05-2020, 07:58 PM
What have you done to earn a share of that wealth?

The answer is a fact nobody can dispute.

Phong
03-05-2020, 08:00 PM
The owner of a company that has a fleet of trucks transporting merchandise likely uses the roads a whole lot more and benefits a whole lot more from the roads than an individual. You saying they should pay the exact same amount? That's covered by the gas tax. They drive more, use more fuel, pay more in gas tax. On top of that they pay higher registrations for their trucks, pay weight-mileage taxes, etc..

bladefd
03-05-2020, 08:00 PM

The corporations also have access to loopholes that no other individual has access to. It is beneficial enough that they end up paying very little in actual taxes. Yes the corporate rate is like 23.5%, but very few, if any, pay close to that. That's a fact nobody can dispute.

FultzNationRISE
03-05-2020, 08:01 PM
How do you account for the benefits of education then? The worker who is educated benefits but so does the employer. The employer likely employs multiple workers so the benefit derived is multiplied for the employer. Shouldn't he pay more in tax for the higher benefit derived from the educational system?

So is the risk.

Hence, risk-reward.

That’s like, the essence of what life is homie. No risk, no reward.

No incentive to innovate and employ, no innovation and employment.

If you want a bigger share, demand it. Either with your ability to produce, or your willingness to abstain from unfavorable business models as a consumer. Either earn more, or rely less on others.

Immigration has destroyed the leverage of workers.

Why dont I ever hear you talking about the immigration factor?

Dont have the balls?

Then that’s why you are where you are.

Stephonit
03-05-2020, 08:05 PM
The left has no actual specific, coherent principles. It’s just whatever comes to their mind at the moment, so long as it benefits them.

“Fair share!”

Your hero Bernie hasnt offered a fair share.

“Nah, I mean Bernie doesnt have to, but like... if youre rich... then like you gotta like, give something more.”

How much more?

“Well it depends on the person, and like, if if I support them poltically I guess.”

Sounds intelligent.

“JUST PAY UR FAIR SHARE TO ME ASSHOLE!!!!”

Fair share for a start would mean having adequate healthcare without fear of going bankrupt. That's pretty clear.
Free education is pretty clear too since the government owns most of the debt and education benefits society.

bladefd
03-05-2020, 08:07 PM
What have you done to earn a share of that wealth?

I don't want that money. The middle-class deserves it, including my parents, my grandparents, others for working their ass of. Many used to work multiple jobs through the economic boom of 70s/80s/90s.

Go ask that question to your dad and mom. Go ask your grandfather if he is still around. Go ask your uncle. (assuming they were all middle-class or lower)

Stephonit
03-05-2020, 08:09 PM
So is the risk.

Hence, risk-reward.

That’s like, the essence of what life is homie. No risk, no reward.

No incentive to innovate and employ, no innovation and employment.

If you want a bigger share, demand it. Either with your ability to produce, or your willingness to abstain from unfavorable business models as a consumer. Either earn more, or rely less on others.

Immigration has destroyed the leverage of workers.

Why dont I ever hear you talking about the immigration factor?

Dont have the balls?

Then that’s why you are where you are.

The government when it provides its services does so to improve society. But it takes a risk too. Why shouldn't it be repaid by employers in an equitable manner? The billionaires profit disproportionately from the services that government and society provide why is it anathema to expect them to pay a proportionate share to the benefits they have reaped?

Phong
03-05-2020, 08:20 PM
I don't want that money. The middle-class deserves it, including my parents, my grandparents, others for working their ass of. Many used to work multiple jobs through the economic boom of 70s/80s/90s.Were they not compensated for their work by their employers?

Go ask that question to your dad and mom. Go ask your grandfather if he is still around. Go ask your uncle. (assuming they were all middle-class or lower)I come from a country where people thought it fair to confiscate people's property and redistribute it in the name of a "just and fair society". Those who didn't agree were executed or imprisoned.

If I were to ask my relatives, they would tell me that I have to count on myself to make it. They would point to a successful guy and tell me to look at him and aspire to reach that same level of success. They wouldn't tell me to take his money to reduce our wealth gap.

Seems like your family probably rants about "The Man" who held them back and got rich from the sweat from their backs.

FultzNationRISE
03-05-2020, 08:22 PM
Fair share for a start would mean having adequate healthcare without fear of going bankrupt. That's pretty clear.
Free education is pretty clear too since the government owns most of the debt and education benefits society.

Should we provide those things to anyone in the world who can reach US soil?

Phong
03-05-2020, 08:26 PM
The billionaires profit disproportionately from the services that government and society provide why is it anathema to expect them to pay a proportionate share to the benefits they have reaped? The 1% already pay 38% of all income tax, the bottom 50% pays nothing.

How much more should the 1% pay? Do you think they can cover the cost of all the free stuff that you want?

FultzNationRISE
03-05-2020, 09:35 PM
Should we provide those things to anyone in the world who can reach US soil?

Notice how the convo ended immediately with this question.

Draz
03-06-2020, 01:53 AM
Pretty sad..

Bloomberg spent $500 million or more on just wanting power and even more fame during his run.

These people don't care about you or the people below you. They're all the same. Republican and Democrat alike. There needs to be a new party. I'm independent moving forward and never again want to align to any party until after these elections to get this moron out.

Draz
03-06-2020, 01:58 AM
The 1% already pay 38% of all income tax, the bottom 50% pays nothing.

How much more should the 1% pay? Do you think they can cover the cost of all the free stuff that you want?

Comments like these are exactly why you're on the bottom of the tadpole. The 1% doesn't give a flying fck about you or anyone below them. In fact, they don't even respect millionaires.

Backing them up like you're on their payroll does no good for you or anyone else.

They've earned their money through loopholes and squeezing people who work for them as much as possible until they're on to the next thing.

Walmart can always find another teenager or HS dropout crackhead to work for them without benefits and not a livable wage, or, a person down on their feet with a family to take care of.

It's insane how many people back the top 1% when shit hits the fan here (Corona virus, any disaster) given the opportunity they're going to other places together to avoid the plagues while you fend for yourself.

Sooner or later there's going to be a revolution against them and the numbers in people vs the numbers in money can't do anything but buy time.

FultzNationRISE
03-06-2020, 02:19 AM
Walmart can always find another teenager or HS dropout crackhead to work for them without benefits and not a livable wage, or, a person down on their feet with a family to take care of.

It's insane how many people back the top 1% when shit hits the fan here (Corona virus, any disaster) given the opportunity they're going to other places together to avoid the plagues while you fend for yourself.

Sooner or later there's going to be a revolution against them and the numbers in people vs the numbers in money can't do anything but buy time.

It’s not about taking sides, it’s about a sustainable model of government. There have to be rules, not just people taking from anyone they feel like it because theyve invented a moral justification.

There are thousands of people in every city who live under bridges with no money. If they all walked into your house and demanded their fair share, youd be dialing 911 in a second. You wouldnt be offering to lease them all apartments and pick up their grocery tabs. Youd give them your CHANGE. Your spare crumbs and nothing more. You have WAY MORE than they do. And youd turn them away. Youd call the police and get them out, then youd find someone with more than you and point them out like “look at this guy!!! He has too much!!! someone make him help these people!!!”

People at every income level are responsible for themselves. That’s called a principle. You apparently do not have any. It has nothing to do with supporting billionaires, it has to do with respecting basic society. Yours is yours, someone else’s is theirs. Why cant me and my buddies take from you, but you can take from orhers? Yourself selfish and phony. You wanna SAY the popular stuff (more for everyone, make the fortunate pay!!) but you wont pay yourself. Your whole “philosophy” is a hypocritical, selfish sham that passes the buck.

Not everyone needs to resort to that. Some people have pride and values that say everyone who earns legally can KEEP what they earn and decide how to use it.

Youre no better than a common house thief, just because youve got a bunch of bozos in your echo chamber backing you up.

It’s been explained to you a million times but you stick to your narrative bc you think it makes you sound like some kind of hero. You wont give up YOUR share of the global 1%, so youre pointing the finger at others to make yourself feel better about it. See if you can actually convince enough people to make it legal for you to open up someone else’s wallet and grab what you like.

Youre deciding what you want to believe before thinking about it, and since it’s popular among your peers youre just mindlessly repeating it.

There are intelligent ways to bring down health costs, get people off the street etc. But they require intelligent, cooperative action from YOU AND ME, not just some rich guy to throw cash at a problem cash wont solve.

Youre not interested in intelligent and methodical. You want instant solution that requires nothing from you, but allows you to take all the credit. That wont get results, but youre unable to think far enough ahead to understand how things work anyway.

You have no idea what a child you sound like.

Phong
03-06-2020, 02:28 AM
Bottom of the tadpole? I'm not the one moaning and whining to get scraps from the 1%. It's quite pathetic that you guys have no ambitions beyond dreaming about taking other people's money.

Are you gonna be ok until the revolution?

Phong
03-06-2020, 02:52 AM
People at every income level are responsible for themselves. That’s called a principle. You apparently do not have any. [...] Yours is yours, someone else’s is theirs.

Some people have pride and values that say everyone who earns legally can KEEP what they earn and decide how to use it.:applause:

I wonder what kind of parents raised such a bunch of whiny and envious losers.

Hawker
03-06-2020, 03:13 AM
They don't recognize that fact. Economy has grown exponentially since the late-60s, but only a very small minority at the top has benefited by incomprehensible margins. That's a fact nobody can dispute.

At the same time, that same minority have benefited from massive tax cuts over the decades. That's also a fact nobody can dispute.

It's a double whammy that nobody can dispute.

This simply is not the case. Share of income has increased substantially across all sectors. Age gap is something not taken into account in so called wealth "inequality" which isn't a major issue.

Hawker
03-06-2020, 03:14 AM

Those individuals are purchasing the materials the owner is shipping is he not? And those materials are enriching the lives of those purchasing it or they not?

bladefd
03-06-2020, 03:32 AM
Were they not compensated for their work by their employers?

Nope, your argument is incomplete. Go look at how much production went up from the 60s and then later decades. Then go take a look at how much middle-class incomes went up after accounted for inflation since the 70s.

https://psmag.com/.image/t_share/MTMwOTY0Mjc4MTkzNzIyNjQy/chart1jpg.jpg

Apple pays their workers in China, India and Bangladesh $2 a day working 6 days a week in horrendous unsafe conditions. They are being compensated too, but nobody sits here and says it is reasonable. Look at the massive profit margins Apple is collecting on those very same phones.

Trickle down economics is a con job by Reagan and later conservative fools. In practice, it does not work out as theorized

You are being cucked by the rich oligarchs and continue defending those who are doing the cucking :lol

Think of it this way. You have a wife? Say I began to bang her in your own house while you are at work. Then you find out about it, and you do nothing about it. Pretty soon, I begin to bang her while you are home in different room, but you keep allowing the cucking. Then next thing you know, I start banging your 18yr old daughter few years later. Again you do nothing. You keep getting cucked again and again through the generations, but you have nothing to say. You walk around smiling as if nothing is happening. You keep watching and doing nothing as you keep getting used & your wife+daughter screwed :pimp:

bladefd
03-06-2020, 03:36 AM
This simply is not the case. Share of income has increased substantially across all sectors. Age gap is something not taken into account in so called wealth "inequality" which isn't a major issue.

Income growth has been outrageously out of control to the top 1% beyond comprehension since the 70s. That's a fact.

Stephonit
03-06-2020, 11:34 AM
Those individuals are purchasing the materials the owner is shipping is he not? And those materials are enriching the lives of those purchasing it or they not?

Yes and the owner is profiting. Also the individual buyers are in many cases paying an extra something called a sales tax.

Phong
03-06-2020, 12:48 PM
Nope, your argument is incomplete. Go look at how much production went up from the 60s and then later decades. Then go take a look at how much middle-class incomes went up after accounted for inflation since the 70s.

https://psmag.com/.image/t_share/MTMwOTY0Mjc4MTkzNzIyNjQy/chart1jpg.jpg You think the increase in production resulted from workers working more or was it due to more efficient manufacturing processes and increased automation?

As for middle class income it followed inflation and they have the same purchasing power as they had in the past. What are you expecting? That somehow you should be able to buy more stuff for doing the same work?

"In fact, despite some ups and downs over the past several decades, today’s real average wage (that is, the wage after accounting for inflation) has about the same purchasing power it did 40 years ago."

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/08/07/for-most-us-workers-real-wages-have-barely-budged-for-decades/

Apple pays their workers in China,
India and Bangladesh $2 a day working 6 days a week in horrendous unsafe conditions. They are being compensated too, but nobody sits here and says it is reasonable. Look at the massive profit margins Apple is collecting on those very same phones. Reasonable according to which standards? American standards or theirs? Developing countries welcome those jobs as they provide a way for them to escape extreme poverty.

Btw, Apple pays their Chinese factory workers $3.15/hr; not $2 a day like you claimed.

Apple can make all the money they want. They provide a product and people buy it. Where in the middle of that transaction do you think you have the right to take money for yourself?

Think of it this way. You have a wife? Say I began to bang her in your own house while you are at work. Then you find out about it, and you do nothing about it. Pretty soon, I begin to bang her while you are home in different room, but you keep allowing the cucking. Then next thing you know, I start banging your 18yr old daughter few years later. Again you do nothing. You keep getting cucked again and again through the generations, but you have nothing to say. You walk around smiling as if nothing is happening. You keep watching and doing nothing as you keep getting used & your wife+daughter screwed :pimp:I hope you enjoyed that little tale. For once in your life you were able to imagine yourself as a pimp and not a loser. Unfortunately, it's time to go back to reality.

Simple question, are you unable to provide for yourself?

Hawker
03-06-2020, 02:45 PM
Yes and the owner is profiting. Also the individual buyers are in many cases paying an extra something called a sales tax.

Yes - and he gets a profit because individuals are voluntarily buying that product. He gets a profit for enriching their lives. That's how it works. Jesus christ you're a tool.

I'm sure the owner pays his fair share of sales taxes on materials to make the product. And on the additional items he buys with the profit from the product.

CelticBaller
03-06-2020, 02:54 PM
Comments like these are exactly why you're on the bottom of the tadpole. The 1% doesn't give a flying fck about you or anyone below them. In fact, they don't even respect millionaires.

Backing them up like you're on their payroll does no good for you or anyone else.

They've earned their money through loopholes and squeezing people who work for them as much as possible until they're on to the next thing.

Lmao ok Lenin :oldlol:

You do realize that millionaires are the 1% right?

Phong
03-06-2020, 03:15 PM
Lmao ok Lenin :oldlol:

You do realize that millionaires are the 1% right? Bernie is part of the 1% therefore:

- Bernie doesn't give a flying **** about anyone below him
- Bernie made his money through loopholes
- Bernie will abandon the Bernie Bros when shit hits the fan

Yet this moron is backing Bernie and will join the revolution against him. :oldlol:

bladefd
03-06-2020, 09:58 PM
You think the increase in production resulted from workers working more or was it due to more efficient manufacturing processes and increased automation?

As for middle class income it followed inflation and they have the same purchasing power as they had in the past. What are you expecting? That somehow you should be able to buy more stuff for doing the same work?

"In fact, despite some ups and downs over the past several decades, today’s real average wage (that is, the wage after accounting for inflation) has about the same purchasing power it did 40 years ago."

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/08/07/for-most-us-workers-real-wages-have-barely-budged-for-decades/

Sure, efficient manufacturing processes and increased automation is crucial, but whatever happened to trickle down economics that conservatives have been trying to push down our throats since the 70s? If employers do great then wealth will trickle down to the employees, right?

https://backend.joinusworld.org/static/image_in_article/p_6741_2016_02_15_08_42_00_1.png

Same purchasing power... wonderful except for the fact that most new wealth has gone into the pockets of those at the top and expenses that have gone up much quicker than income growths. One would think that purchasing power (after accounting for inflation) would have gone up for workers in a booming economy for 50yrs, but you are just pleased being stagnant?

https://content.fortune.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/price_increases-1-e1545251274730.png
(image is 1990 to 2018 but we know it would look much worse if we include numbers going back to the 1970s)

Reasonable according to which standards? American standards or theirs? Developing countries welcome those jobs as they provide a way for them to escape extreme poverty.

Btw, Apple pays their Chinese factory workers $3.15/hr; not $2 a day like you claimed.

Apple can make all the money they want. They provide a product and people buy it. Where in the middle of that transaction do you think you have the right to take money for yourself?

Sure, it is better than nothing, but it's still sh!tty pay.. Especially considering how much those companies sell those items for in the end.

How much of an assho|e company do you have to be to pay pennies for assembly of shoes or iphones in trash unsafe conditions when you end up pocketing crazy profit margins? $1,000 phones probably cost a few dollars to assemble in China or India. Imagine assembling a $300 phone for $10 and selling for $1,000. You telling me they can't afford to up that $10 assembly to $30?? God forbid you had to profit $20 less per phone.. And you defend that behavior..

You are a conservative tool who is perfectly fine being bent over the table. I don't have time for a tool like you. Get lost.

Phong
03-06-2020, 10:04 PM
I'm being bent yet you -the one who knows how the system works- are broke as fvck. I'd rather get bent than paying taxes to provide for a whiny loser like yourself. :oldlol:

CelticBaller
03-06-2020, 10:05 PM
https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-no-mercy-for-these-enemies-of-the-people-the-enemies-of-socialism-the-enemies-of-the-vladimir-lenin-106-79-53.jpg

Comrade Draz :applause:

Phong
03-06-2020, 10:13 PM
$1,000 phones probably cost a few dollars to assemble in China or India. Imagine assembling a $300 phone for $10 and selling for $1,000. You telling me they can't afford to up that $10 assembly to $30?? God forbid you had to profit $20 less per phone.. And you defend that behavior.. No wonder you're broke. You suck with money.

"which delivers a total production cost of $490.50. That’s less than half of Apple’s $1099 retail price for the iPhone 11 Pro Max. Of course, this breakdown doesn’t include research, development or marketing which would significantly increase the overall cost to Apple.."

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/how-much-apple-iphone-cost-to-make/

Draz
03-06-2020, 10:21 PM
Bottom of the tadpole? I'm not the one moaning and whining to get scraps from the 1%. It's quite pathetic that you guys have no ambitions beyond dreaming about taking other people's money.

Are you gonna be ok until the revolution?

I don't need scraps buddy, I'm only 27 sitting on 6 figures. I've worked for mine.

Phong
03-06-2020, 10:34 PM
I don't need scraps buddy, I'm only 27 sitting on 6 figures. I've worked for mine. Awesome. If you feel generous, give some money to bladefd. He's in grave need of help.

bladefd
03-07-2020, 03:01 AM
No wonder you're broke. You suck with money.

"which delivers a total production cost of $490.50. That’s less than half of Apple’s $1099 retail price for the iPhone 11 Pro Max. Of course, this breakdown doesn’t include research, development or marketing which would significantly increase the overall cost to Apple.."

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/how-much-apple-iphone-cost-to-make/

You telling me they can't afford to spend $20 extra per phone assembled to worker? That would be next to nothing to Apple but would be the world to the workers.

Oh god forbid Apple profiting a little bit less on the stock market. You are pretty much a conservative Establishment cuck who does not care about the working-class people. You only care about those at the top to keep playing everyone in the middle and the bottom. They got you.

Stephonit
03-07-2020, 03:31 AM
Yes - and he gets a profit because individuals are voluntarily buying that product. He gets a profit for enriching their lives. That's how it works. Jesus christ you're a tool.

I'm sure the owner pays his fair share of sales taxes on materials to make the product. And on the additional items he buys with the profit from the product.

As a buyer he pays a tax, as a seller he does not. The system is therefore favorable to sellers. That may in general be good but to simply say "that's how it works" is presumptuous. It does not need to be. Everything is negotiable. The setup of the system can be adjusted. You are trying to avoid confronting that reality.

Indeed your argument fixates one what billionaires do for common individuals but ignores what government does for the billionaires. If you believe billionaires can jack up prices for the goods and services they provide why don't you agree that government can choose to do the same?

The 1% already pay 38% of all income tax, the bottom 50% pays nothing.

Using semantics to avoid the truth. That 50% figure is rubbish. Payroll tax is an income tax. I guess that 38% is also inflated once you factor that in. But thank you for showing how this topic is often talked about with garbage talking points and how people are misled and brainwashed with smoke and mirrors.

The 1% are the 1% because they own 99% of the wealth. Maybe we should be asking why they aren't paying 99% of all tax receipts?

Phong
03-07-2020, 09:10 AM
The 1% are the 1% because they own 99% of the wealth. Maybe we should be asking why they aren't paying 99% of all tax receipts?Wow. What a dumb statement. :facepalm

The 1% holds close to 40% of all the wealth in the US. So according to your logic, they should pay around the same percentage.. which they do. :confusedshrug:

https://equitablegrowth.org/the-distribution-of-wealth-in-the-united-states-and-implications-for-a-net-worth-tax/

Stephonit
03-07-2020, 10:07 AM
Wow. What a dumb statement. :facepalm

The 1% holds close to 40% of all the wealth in the US. So according to your logic, they should pay around the same percentage.. which they do. :confusedshrug:

https://equitablegrowth.org/the-distribution-of-wealth-in-the-united-states-and-implications-for-a-net-worth-tax/

Individual income taxes account for 1.7 trillion. Payroll taxes account for about 1.2 trillion. So no they don't pay 40%. But yes your argument shows the mendacity and obfuscation at play in these discussions.

Phong
03-07-2020, 10:22 AM
Individual income taxes account for 1.7 trillion. Payroll taxes account for about 1.2 trillion. So no they don't pay 40%. But yes your argument shows the mendacity and obfuscation at play in these discussions. Half of the payroll tax is paid by the employers. You also don't mention income taxes on corporations.

So what happened to the 1% having to pay 99%, huh?

Stephonit
03-07-2020, 11:50 AM
Half of the payroll tax is paid by the employers. You also don't mention income taxes on corporations.

So what happened to the 1% having to pay 99%, huh?

Equating a corporation with billionaires is technically not correct because a corporation is made of a number of stakeholders. That is yet another way billionaires co-opt more than their fair share but let's humor you anyway.

https://taxfoundation.org/what-are-payroll-taxes-and-who-pays-them

"Who Really Pays Payroll Taxes?

Perhaps one of the best-kept secrets of payroll taxes is that employees effectively pay almost the entire payroll tax, instead of splitting the burden with their employers."

Phong
03-07-2020, 12:14 PM
https://taxfoundation.org/what-are-payroll-taxes-and-who-pays-them

"Who Really Pays Payroll Taxes?

This means that, rather than workers and employers each paying 7.65 percent in payroll taxes, employers send their portion of the tax to the government and then decrease workers’ wages by almost 7.65 percent. Next, workers pay their 7.65 percent share on those wages.That's a big assumption that the author of the article didn't support with any evidence.

Once again, what happened to your claim that the 1% owns 99% of the wealth and should pay 99% of the taxes? Are you gonna dodge this again?

Phong
03-07-2020, 12:25 PM
To go back on topic, why is Bernie hoarding all that wealth?

Hawker
03-07-2020, 05:00 PM
That's a big assumption that the author of the article didn't support with any evidence.

Once again, what happened to your claim that the 1% owns 99% of the wealth and should pay 99% of the taxes? Are you gonna dodge this again?

Steph and the taxfoundation are actually correct on this. That's why less taxes are always better. The payroll tax is just another regulation passed by the government with good intentions and negative unintended consequences.

Hawker
03-07-2020, 05:04 PM
As a buyer he pays a tax, as a seller he does not. The system is therefore favorable to sellers. That may in general be good but to simply say "that's how it works" is presumptuous. It does not need to be. Everything is negotiable. The setup of the system can be adjusted. You are trying to avoid confronting that reality.

Indeed your argument fixates one what billionaires do for common individuals but ignores what government does for the billionaires. If you believe billionaires can jack up prices for the goods and services they provide why don't you agree that government can choose to do the same?

Corporations pay taxes on profits so I don't see how you have come to that conclusion they don't pay a tax on the product as that's where the profit is coming from. The countries that have all the programs Bernie wants have national VATs/GSTs to pay for their programs.

Sure - I want change as well. I want less taxes and everything doesn't need to be the same as it was before. You have a misunderstanding of how markets work though and how goods are paid for by the sellers.

What exactly does the government do in dollar form? There's a massive difference between billionaires jacking up prices and the government doing it - one is voluntary and one is coercive.

bladefd
03-07-2020, 05:58 PM
Wow. What a dumb statement. :facepalm

I am all in favor of 1% paying 40% taxes. Let's do it. Let's have corporations also pay 40% - currently most of them pay very little in taxes or some like Apple/Amazon pay nothing. 40% you say?? Let's do it but with no loopholes.

Stephonit
03-07-2020, 06:09 PM
Corporations pay taxes on profits so I don't see how you have come to that conclusion they don't pay a tax on the product as that's where the profit is coming from. The countries that have all the programs Bernie wants have national VATs/GSTs to pay for their programs.

Sure - I want change as well. I want less taxes and everything doesn't need to be the same as it was before. You have a misunderstanding of how markets work though and how goods are paid for by the sellers.

What exactly does the government do in dollar form? There's a massive difference between billionaires jacking up prices and the government doing it - one is voluntary and one is coercive.

What does the government do? A government might be able to claim that is has provided a company a skilled workforce, efficient infrastructure, a transparent justice system, and an orderly and prosperous society. Why shouldn't it be able to demand taxes that reflect that?

Corporations aren't necessarily the same as billionaires as I've already pointed out. But even then corporate taxes are basically an income tax. Workers pay an income tax and a sales tax. Corporations do not have an equivalent of the latter; sales taxes paid on corporate inputs can be expensed and deducted.

The difference you see between billionaires jacking up prices and government taxing more does not hold. What's the difference between a private company raising the price of a drug like insulin beyond the reach of a diabetic and the government imposing a wealth tax? The former is potentially fatal; the latter isn't.

CelticBaller
03-07-2020, 06:40 PM
Let's have corporations also pay 40% - currently most of them pay very little in taxes or some like Apple/Amazon pay nothing. 40% you say?? Let's do it but with no loopholes.

Which developed country pays 40%?

That is insane

Hawker
03-07-2020, 06:46 PM
I am all in favor of 1% paying 40% taxes. Let's do it. Let's have corporations also pay 40% - currently most of them pay very little in taxes or some like Apple/Amazon pay nothing. 40% you say?? Let's do it but with no loopholes.

Which country that has universal healthcare also has a 40% tax rate?

bladefd
03-07-2020, 07:56 PM
Which developed country pays 40%?

That is insane

I was being sarcastic and seems I failed to get my point across. Phong said 1% pays 40% of total taxes and seems outraged that they are paying so much. 1% has 40% of total wealth in this country so how is them paying 40% of total taxes on new income unfair? Those fools already have amassed 40% of wealth.. Bottom 50% of the country has no wealth or even money in the bank so why the hell are you crying about people with no money not being able to pay income taxes?

You want people with no money/paycheck to paycheck to pay flat tax rate to be fair. Where are they getting that money from?

Hawker
03-07-2020, 08:25 PM
What does the government do? A government might be able to claim that is has provided a company a skilled workforce, efficient infrastructure, a transparent justice system, and an orderly and prosperous society. Why shouldn't it be able to demand taxes that reflect that?

Corporations aren't necessarily the same as billionaires as I've already pointed out. But even then corporate taxes are basically an income tax. Workers pay an income tax and a sales tax. Corporations do not have an equivalent of the latter; sales taxes paid on corporate inputs can be expensed and deducted.

The difference you see between billionaires jacking up prices and government taxing more does not hold. What's the difference between a private company raising the price of a drug like insulin beyond the reach of a diabetic and the government imposing a wealth tax? The former is potentially fatal; the latter isn't.

The thing is you not actually claiming any hard numbers - you're being vague which allows you to choose whatever tax rate you want without the dollars to back it up. Sure the government "might" be able to claim that but it doesn't mean it can't be provided privately. Sure the government is subsidizing training for corporations via degrees. I'd make an argument that college shouldn't be funded by the government. Most of these universities are state and locally funded anyway and not federal.

If corporations were required to pay a sales tax, the price of the goods would simply go up, harming the individual buying it. You just don't see the value of a good being provided to an individual. All the countries that fund the programs you want do it by implementing a GST/sales tax. The wealth tax you're proposing has been tried in multiple countries and fail. It put a barrier to economic growth. It won't raise nearly the money you think because for some reason, you naively think that human behavior would remain the same if a wealth tax was passed. That humans don't react and act differently when a law is passed.

The latter could potentially be proven to be fatal because it slows economic growth and that's how individuals accumulate wealth - not through being unemployed.