PDA

View Full Version : Celtics offered Brown 4 years 80 million.

Kblaze8855
10-16-2019, 04:57 PM
He declined. Twitter disagrees with the decision.

CelticBaller
10-16-2019, 05:00 PM
Shit

AirBonner
10-16-2019, 05:04 PM
Brown is stupid for not taking that :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
10-16-2019, 05:04 PM
I like the guy but he needs to call Noel for a heart to heart. Nothing is promised.

AirTupac
10-16-2019, 05:05 PM
I cant wait till this stupid kid blows it :oldlol:

AirBonner
10-16-2019, 05:06 PM
I like the guy but he needs to call Noel for a heart to heart. Nothing is promised.
This. What

CelticBaller
10-16-2019, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE=AirBonner]This. What

chains5000
10-16-2019, 05:17 PM
Rozier got a 3 year, 56 million contract, Brown is betting on himself but it's not that unlikely he'll get the money.

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2019, 05:21 PM
9Since when is taking the first offer smart negotiation? As a Celtic fan I want it to be easy for them to sign talent but if I was advising Brown I wouldn't tell him to take that deal. If he hits two more shots per game this year he can get a hundred mil and they should be able to negotiate for more even without waiting for a break out season.

Levity
10-16-2019, 05:21 PM
Kings currently working with hield on an extension as well. If they cant agree on terms with brown, celts should test the kings bank next summer.

Kblaze8855
10-16-2019, 05:32 PM
9Since when is taking the first offer smart negotiation?

Now and then.....

On July 1, the official first day of the NBA's 2017-18 free-agency season, the Mavericks came to Nerlens Noel, a restricted free agent at the time, with a contract offer: a four-year deal worth around $70 million, according to one league source. Five months earlier, they had pried him away from the Sixers, just before the Feb. 23 trade deadline, with the hope that he would blossom into a foundational piece who could form part of their future post-Dirk Nowitzki core.

Noel, a 2013 lottery pick who was ranked as the top prep player in the country back in 2012, had flashed promise in Philadelphia, but injuries and a crowded depth chart prevented him from soaring. Dallas was betting that a new environment coupled with increased opportunities were all he needed to become the player so many once predicted.

Except Noel rejected the deal. Then in August, he fired his agent, Happy Walters, and replaced him with Rich Paul, whose playbook is to push for larger deals, and to hold off on signing long-term extensions until the player has the leverage, especially with guys as young as Noel (23).

There were reports at the time that Noel was pushing for a max deal. A league source adamantly told B/R recently, though, that those reports were incorrect and that there was actually no dialogue whatsoever with the Mavericks after the agency change.

Noel wound up signing a one-year, $4.1 million qualifying offer instead.

For Noel, the months since have only grown more turbulent. He's fallen into head coach Rick Carlisle's doghouse and been relegated to the bench. Earlier this month, he made news by paying a visit to the media dining room during halftime of a game against the Clippers so he could get a hot dog, seemingly his version of expressing discontent with his situation.

fourkicks44
10-16-2019, 05:33 PM
Knicks will offer him more.

Just watch.

bigkingsfan
10-16-2019, 05:34 PM
Kings currently working with hield on an extension as well. If they cant agree on terms with brown, celts should test the kings bank next summer.
Kings offered 4/90, Buddy declined.

Xiao Yao You
10-16-2019, 05:37 PM
got to feed his family

RealSkipBayless
10-16-2019, 06:02 PM
Another Dak Prescott situation in the making. He will regret it.

Dudes basically a Thabo Sefaolosha

Doranku
10-16-2019, 06:05 PM
C's dodged a bullet. That bum isn't worth anywhere near $20m/year.

FultzNationRISE
10-16-2019, 06:09 PM
Good for him if he doesn't need the money right now and can afford to bet on himself. He can probably get more in a year if he shakes off "mamba mentality" this season. I'm sure he's got an insurance policy in case something physically catastrophic happens.

He may end up settling for a similar type of deal... but he probably sees a higher probability of eventually getting more than of getting less. So why not go for it?

AirBonner
10-16-2019, 06:27 PM
Good for him if he doesn't need the money right now and can afford to bet on himself. He can probably get more in a year if he shakes off "mamba mentality" this season. I'm sure he's got an insurance policy in case something physically catastrophic happens.

He may end up settling for a similar type of deal... but he probably sees a higher probability of eventually getting more than of getting less. So why not go for it?
That is probably true. But it will be on a lottery team. Celtics brought in a couple good prospects and Brown is really disposable at this point. He hasn

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2019, 06:28 PM
Now and then.....Brown just averaged 13 points in 26 minutes per. If that's the best he can do then you're right, he better take the money. But he doesn't think that and I'd guarantee that the Celtics don't either, else he wouldn't be getting offered the 80 mil. He's still developing as a player. It's early to be sure about but this preseason I've seen signs of improved ball handling, for example. He could get up to 18ppg just by getting stripped less close to the basket when trying to finish. This is not a bad risk for him. His agent should look at Otto Porter making 26 mil per with comparable numbers in their third seasons. If Porter can get that why can't Brown? Even if the Celtics won't do that someone else will.

Before anyone mentions it, I will be the first to tell you the wizards screwed up with Porter. But what's relevant to the discussion is that they gave him that deal so someone out there would be willing to pay Brown.

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2019, 06:31 PM
[quote=AirBonner]That is probably true. But it will be on a lottery team. Celtics brought in a couple good prospects and Brown is really disposable at this point. He hasn

Manny98
10-16-2019, 06:31 PM
lol offering a role player 20 million a year, Celtics are dumb af :oldlol:

Brown is even dumber thinking he's about to get a better offer

Kblaze8855
10-16-2019, 06:32 PM
I generally support going for it and betting on yourself if you know youre willing to put in the work......but he

sammichoffate
10-16-2019, 06:34 PM
Brown just averaged 13 points in 26 minutes per. If that's the best he can do then you're right, he better take the money. But he doesn't think that and I'd guarantee that the Celtics don't either, else he wouldn't be getting offered the 80 mil. He's still developing as a player. It's early to be sure about but this preseason I've seen signs of improved ball handling, for example. He could get up to 18ppg just by getting stripped less close to the basket when trying to finish. This is not a bad risk for him. His agent should look at Otto Porter making 26 mil per with comparable numbers in their third seasons. If Porter can get that why can't Brown? Even if the Celtics won't do that someone else will.

Before anyone mentions it, I will be the first to tell you the wizards screwed up with Porter. But what's relevant to the discussion is that they gave him that deal so someone out there would be willing to pay Brown.Porter is a 50/40/90 role player wing who got paid that one huge cap spike year. I don't see why he wouldn't take the money, but you're right about him wanting to bet on himself. Idk if he can make the jump though, he's behind Walker, Tatum, and Hayward in the scoring department no?

superduper
10-16-2019, 06:38 PM
Imagine declining $80 mother****ing million :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

tpols
10-16-2019, 06:39 PM
another dummy...

this guy aint good at ball hes another athleticism hype project.

no way hell ever be able to shoot, or make intelligent decisions on the floor. mfer cant even dribble outside of line driving.

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2019, 06:44 PM
Porter is a 50/40/90 role player wing who got paid that one huge cap spike year. I don't see why he wouldn't take the money, but you're right about him wanting to bet on himself. Idk if he can make the jump though, he's behind Walker, Tatum, and Hayward in the scoring department no?Walker and Tatum, yes. But between him and Hayward it's up in the air and will depend on who is more aggressive as much as anything. And Brown is aggressive. He doesn't bust a play if it's called for someone else but when the ball is in his hands he attacks.

Boogaboog
10-16-2019, 06:48 PM
Insanely stupid to turn that down. :facepalm It's not even about whether he succeeds in getting more; you don't **** around with that much guaranteed money on the off chance of getting more unless you're already rich as hell. For a young player with his talent limitations, it's the cockiest shit ever. :biggums: This ***** blows out his ACL and people will be laughing at him in public.

coin24
10-16-2019, 07:14 PM
What an idiot.. and we thought Noel and Sprewell were dumb:oldlol: :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
10-16-2019, 07:24 PM
What an idiot.. and we thought Noel and Sprewell were dumb:oldlol: :oldlol:

Unless he ends up like those two he's not as stupid yet

AirTupac
10-16-2019, 07:38 PM
You can always count on Danny Ainge being an absolute joke of a GM :oldlol: :oldlol:

superduper
10-16-2019, 07:42 PM

I thought he would be good but now see that he struggles to make the right decisions out there. That is extremely hard to overcome unless you have insane skill to back it up which he does not, yet, if ever.

Can't even begin to fathom what has to go through your mind to say no to guaranteed 20 mil a year for 4 years.

AirTupac
10-16-2019, 07:45 PM
I thought he would be good but now see that he struggles to make the right decisions out there. That is extremely hard to overcome unless you have insane skill to back it up which he does not, yet, if ever.

Can't even begin to fathom what has to go through your mind to say no to guaranteed 20 mil a year for 4 years.

So many times Brown looked like a complete retard on team USA. The dude is going to regret it so bad :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
10-16-2019, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE]The Timberwolves were happy with Sprewell, but he did not have the same sentiments. When offered a $14.6 million extension that would have earned him $27-30 million over the next couple of years and kept him playing ball, Sprewell made the statement that became almost as famous as his coach-choking incident. He played one more year for Minnesota without the contract extension, and played miserably. Still thinking higher of himself than the teams or coaches he negotiated with, he was never again able to agree on a salary and has not played professional ball since.

In 2007, Sprewell left that

sammichoffate
10-16-2019, 09:20 PM
Walker and Tatum, yes. But between him and Hayward it's up in the air and will depend on who is more aggressive as much as anything. And Brown is aggressive. He doesn't bust a play if it's called for someone else but when the ball is in his hands he attacks.Idk, I don't see him having the same skill as the other guys. I could see him being kinda a lesser Igoudala when he was in Philly, super athletic, can play defense, and finish while providing spacing once in a while.

RoseCity07
10-16-2019, 09:28 PM
He might. I say might. Be worth 90 for 5 years. Can't believe this guy thinks he's some superstar lol. He's had his moments but he isn't a guy that can carry a team. He'd be a decent second or third option.

AirTupac
10-16-2019, 09:51 PM
Yep soon to be 23 year old who regressed when his team actually had pieces to 13 ppg on 46% on 4 rebounds, 1.4 assists deserves it :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Leave it to the green retards to overhype a scrub.

coin24
10-16-2019, 11:34 PM

That scrub should have signed for $80m the second that offer was available.. he's not a star player

FKAri
10-17-2019, 12:54 AM
To do what?

FultzNationRISE
10-17-2019, 02:44 AM
Yall act like whether he's worth that money as a player has anything to do with whether or not someone will pay it to him.

It's possible, even probable some team will offer him more next year if he has so much as a decent season this year.

Smoke117
10-17-2019, 09:44 PM
Nothing I've seen from Brown spells future star to me. He'll get his money, though. When a bum like Harrison Barnes just signed of a 85 million dollar 4 year contract everyone is getting paid. Brown will probably end up being a problem for the Celts this season as he forces a lot of the action trying to get his contract.

Mask the Embiid
10-17-2019, 09:48 PM
I wouldnt either if a bum like Gordon Hayward(on my own team) is making the max....Hell no im not taking that shit :roll:

Smoke117
10-17-2019, 09:49 PM
Walker and Tatum, yes. But between him and Hayward it's up in the air and will depend on who is more aggressive as much as anything. And Brown is aggressive. He doesn't bust a play if it's called for someone else but when the ball is in his hands he attacks.

lol Brown has something to prove. Hayward struggled to be consistent last season, but his his highs were way higher than Brown's. He's clearly just a better player at this point in their careers as he's finally completely healthy again. There is little reason Brown should be more involved in the offense than Hayward this upcoming season, but Brown is more interested in what he can do for himself than what he can do for the team.

AirTupac
10-17-2019, 10:08 PM
13 ppg on 46%.

"HE PROBS DESERVES MORE" - Retards

yeaaaman
10-18-2019, 12:07 AM
9Since when is taking the first offer smart negotiation? As a Celtic fan I want it to be easy for them to sign talent but if I was advising Brown I wouldn't tell him to take that deal. If he hits two more shots per game this year he can get a hundred mil and they should be able to negotiate for more even without waiting for a break out season.

yea there's also an IF the other way. That's the beauty of betting on yourself. If you win, you have nobody to thank but yourself. If you lose, same deal

Wally450
10-18-2019, 09:59 AM
I wouldnt either if a bum like Gordon Hayward(on my own team) is making the max....Hell no im not taking that shit :roll:

Hayward pre injury was a way better ball player than Jaylen has been at any point in his career.

Mask the Embiid
10-18-2019, 10:12 AM
Hayward pre injury was a way better ball player than Jaylen has been at any point in his career.
Bucks in 4

:yaohappy: :hammertime:

Bosnian Sajo
10-18-2019, 10:13 AM
9Since when is taking the first offer smart negotiation?

Since when? I'll tell you, when you come off a disappointing season where everyone expected you to blow up and elevate your game and you instead regress...and your team STILL offers you $80m over 4 years? You gobble that shit up, are you kidding me?

There are PLENTY of times where taking the first offer would have been smart negotiation. Look at Sprewell, Noel, and guys who actually took the 1st deal like Mozgov-Lakers.

Bosnian Sajo
10-18-2019, 10:16 AM

100%, and it's not even close. Hayward was nasty that last season for Utah.

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2019, 11:04 AM
Since when? I'll tell you, when you come off a disappointing season where everyone expected you to blow up and elevate your game and you instead regress...and your team STILL offers you $80m over 4 years? You gobble that shit up, are you kidding me?

There are PLENTY of times where taking the first offer would have been smart negotiation. Look at Sprewell, Noel, and guys who actually took the 1st deal like Mozgov-Lakers.Who are the top free agent targets this offseason? Who will have cap space? Which direction is the cap headed in? These are important factors that could well work or in his favor. We just saw a big free agent class this year. Next year? It could be wrong but I recently read an article that said the top target could be Pascal Siakam. You aren't a fan? Fine, but this isn't a vote. He just needs to find one GM that offers a hundred mil or whatever the number his agent thinks they can get is.

Not to mention, the deadline for an extension is Monday and that are still in negotiation. There is no need to rush.

tontoz
10-18-2019, 12:23 PM
Brown is a RFA which weakens his leverage. RFA's frequently don't get offers at all from other teams.

However the season hasn't started yet. Maybe he is just betting on himself.

Kblaze8855
10-18-2019, 12:46 PM
Who are the top free agent targets this offseason? Who will have cap space? Which direction is the cap headed in? These are important factors that could well work or in his favor. We just saw a big free agent class this year. Next year? It could be wrong but I recently read an article that said the top target could be Pascal Siakam. You aren't a fan? Fine, but this isn't a vote. He just needs to find one GM that offers a hundred mil or whatever the number his agent thinks they can get is.

Not to mention, the deadline for an extension is Monday and that are still in negotiation. There is no need to rush.

Its not impossible he gets a bigger offer soon...or even next year. Especially with some extra shots to go around now. I just hate to see guys end up cautionary tales. Get that first contract under your belt. Then look for powerball money. Put that 80 million back...dont waste all the work and risk an injury leaving you with short money like Isiah Thomas.

chains5000
10-21-2019, 04:25 PM
So... Who would have lost a lot of money in Brown's shoes?

Meticode
10-21-2019, 04:29 PM
Moral of the story?

Don't take money advise from Kblaze.

Just kidding. :D

Bosnian Sajo
10-21-2019, 04:44 PM
Can't believe they caved in and offered him $35 million above this offer.

Kblaze8855
10-21-2019, 04:44 PM
Its not impossible he gets a bigger offer soon...or even next year. Especially with some extra shots to go around now. I just hate to see guys end up cautionary tales

Long as he signed before risking injury I

bigkingsfan
10-21-2019, 04:51 PM

Imagine declining $80 mother****ing million :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

:roll:

nightlight
10-21-2019, 04:58 PM
:roll:
Sajo is a consultant by trade :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: