PDA

View Full Version : Who SCARES you more: Lakers or Clippers?

LoneyROY7
10-18-2019, 12:24 AM
Fans of opposing players/teams, which team scares you more: the Lakers and their loaded front-court or the Clippers and their dynamic wing duo?

As your favorite unbiased Harden/Rockets supporter, I must say I'm slightly more concerned about the Lakers and their front-court size than I am of the Clippers and their vaunted perimeter defense.

What say you?

https://media2.giphy.com/media/LpLzSOir4rnghN6PhI/giphy.gif

or

http://i.imgur.com/2GOrX5H.gif

Proctor
10-18-2019, 12:28 AM
Clippers. Kawhi and PG are what they are but pests like Beverley, studs like Lou and workhorses like Harrell put them over the top. That team is full of competitors.

That said, Lakers are going to be great, but they have little margin for error. A lingering injury to Lebald or AD and they're done.

FultzNationRISE
10-18-2019, 12:28 AM
I don't really have a favorite team or player, I'm a completely objective NBA viewer.

I would say the Lakers scare me more by far, IF LeJonahFalcon is healthy.

If not, Clippers by far.

nashwade
10-18-2019, 12:29 AM
Clippers. Kawhi and PG are what they are but pests like Beverley, studs like Lou and workhorses like Harrell put them over the top. That team is full of competitors.

That said, Lakers are going to be great, but they have little margin for error. A lingering injury to Lebald or AD and they're done.

same to be said of PG or Kawhi?

FultzNationRISE
10-18-2019, 12:33 AM

Hey bro.

I'm Paul George's alt.

DoctorP
10-18-2019, 12:35 AM
gotta say the clippers. this is a playoff team that added 2 elite players

LAmbruh
10-18-2019, 12:35 AM
Big time KoBrick Stain here that has migrated from Warriors to now a Clippers stain, tbh Lakers have me absolutely shook

Proctor
10-18-2019, 12:41 AM
same to be said of PG or Kawhi?
Sure, but Lebron is due for something and AD is prone to long and lingering injuries.

I trust Kawhi to be managed and PG to be healthy...and then they still have a dynamic scorer in Lou Will and a great coach with Doc. The whole team plays hard and you can't say the same for the Lakers unless things are clicking.

Uncle Drew
10-18-2019, 12:41 AM
While he's a good player, the overrating of Paul George is stifling. Mr. self proclaimed ''Playoff P'' who is a regular sub 40% shooter in the postseason. He doesn't scare me one bit. Maybe he'll elevate next to Kawhi and in Doc's system, but individually he's nothing more than alright.

DoctorP
10-18-2019, 12:53 AM
Sure, but Lebron is due for something and AD is prone to long and lingering injuries.

I trust Kawhi to be managed and PG to be healthy...and then they still have a dynamic scorer in Lou Will and a great coach with Doc. The whole team plays hard and you can't say the same for the Lakers unless things are clicking.

this

Doranku
10-18-2019, 01:00 AM
While he's a good player, the overrating of Paul George is stifling. Mr. self proclaimed ''Playoff P'' who is a regular sub 40% shooter in the postseason. He doesn't scare me one bit. Maybe he'll elevate next to Kawhi and in Doc's system, but individually he's nothing more than alright.

This. The Clippers have a weak frontcourt that is going to get bullied by AD/McGee/Dwight. PG13 is a nonfactor come playoff time. You can pretty much bank on multiple 3-15ish shooting games from him in a series.

Kawhi is the best player in the league, but LeBron and AD are just a better fit than PG and Kawhi. Clippers will be scary to teams like the Blazers and Rockets with two perimeter stars, but Lakers as a whole are a better suited team in the playoffs.

Lakers and Clippers will likely be the WCF... Lakers in 6.

DoctorP
10-18-2019, 01:07 AM
This. The Clippers have a weak frontcourt that is going to get bullied by AD/McGee/Dwight. PG13 is a nonfactor come playoff time. You can pretty much bank on multiple 3-15ish shooting games from him in a series.

Kawhi is the best player in the league, but LeBron and AD are just a better fit than PG and Kawhi. Clippers will be scary to teams like the Blazers and Rockets with two perimeter stars, but Lakers as a whole are a better suited team in the playoffs.

i dig what you are saying but with todays spacing Im not sure the big frontcourt will be as effective but maybe you are right. they looked good in preseason. time will tell.

Proctor
10-18-2019, 01:09 AM

I can see the Lakers feasting on the Clippers frontcourt but the Lakers better hope to avoid the Jazz first.

Conley is a playoff beast

Gobert is Gobert, and they aren't lacking in the frontcourt with Ed Davis

Mitchell will love the challenge

Ingles is a fierce competitor and great player

Bogdanovic is one of those guys that plays well against and loves to go at Lebron

Solid role-players in Green and O'Neale

Not to mention Lebron is scared to play in and hasn't won in Utah in 8 years :lol

Jay-B
10-18-2019, 01:11 AM
I think the Clippers are going to take longer to gel and gain chemistry, I see the Lakers starting off hot right from the get go, jumping out to a 18-4 like record. Clippers will be a lower seed in my opinion. Lakers scare opponents more, length everywhere in the paint, AD and Lebron together could be great.

RealSkipBayless
10-18-2019, 01:15 AM
Clippers have Paul George who chokes harder than James Harden in the playoffs. Who is also coming off a shoulder procedure.

They have no one who can matchup to AD. Jazz and Lakers are better than them.

qrich
10-18-2019, 02:05 AM

McGee and Dwight? That's like me saying Darrick Walton Jr is going to feast on the Lakers point rotation. Those two are weak as all hell. Front court is also far from weak considering the best player in the league is a part of it. Shit, the front court didn't have issues last year, why would they this.

George has also consistently been in the playoffs, Davis is a whopping 4-9 and has only made it twice in his career. George has also improved his numbers nearly every year to boot.

On the flip side, who the hell on the Lakers is going to guard Kawhi and George ? Bradley? Dudley? KCP? That's going to be hilarious to watch.

Then, consider coaching, depth and chemistry.

But yeah, keep thinking McGee and Dwight are going to be difference makers

Doranku
10-18-2019, 03:06 AM
McGee and Dwight? That's like me saying Darrick Walton Jr is going to feast on the Lakers point rotation. Those two are weak as all hell. Front court is also far from weak considering the best player in the league is a part of it. Shit, the front court didn't have issues last year, why would they this.

George has also consistently been in the playoffs, Davis is a whopping 4-9 and has only made it twice in his career. George has also improved his numbers nearly every year to boot.

On the flip side, who the hell on the Lakers is going to guard Kawhi and George ? Bradley? Dudley? KCP? That's going to be hilarious to watch.

Then, consider coaching, depth and chemistry.

But yeah, keep thinking McGee and Dwight are going to be difference makers

What do you mean they didn't have issues last year? They were a first round exit team. :oldlol: I mention McGee and Dwight because they are both great rebounders that will definitely have an impact on a series. It's laughable to think otherwise.

What even is your big man rotation? Zubac? 6'7 Montrezl Harrell? Mo Harkless? JaMychal ****ing Green? Those are the only 4 bigs on your roster lmao they're going to get eaten alive. You'll get a nice preview Tuesday night.

Who's going to guard George? Is that a serious question? He's only consistently been in the playoffs because he spent the majority of his career in the East. Look how pathetic he was when he went to the Western Conference. Two humiliating first round exits to teams they should've beat while playing alongside an MVP caliber player.

Bran will still get his regardless of who is guarding him. The Lakers have quality perimeter defenders in Danny Green, Avery Bradley, and LeBron in spurts to throw at Kawhi. I'm sure LeBron can still play some sort of defense in a playoff series. It doesn't matter who guards PG.. LeBron, Kuzma, Bradley/Green depending who is checking Kawhi.. PG is nowhere near the threat that LeBron or AD against midgets will be.

Chemistry? Why would the Clippers have any more chemistry than the Lakers? :oldlol: Both teams have been equally revamped with star players who all played under completely different systems last season. They'll both experience growing pains.

Coaching? Vogel is a solid coach. Rivers isn't exactly Red Auerbach. Dude was at the helm of many underachieving CP3/Griffin teams.

Depth? Again, look at your big men rotation. It's absolutely abysmal. Both teams have their holes depth wise.

Lakers in 6, baby boy.

qrich
10-18-2019, 03:30 AM
Low basketball IQ clearly showing. Bradley a solid defender is probably the funniest part of all of that.

And the Clippers kept the same roster, essentially, just swapping Gallo and SEGA for Kawhi and PG.

First round is further than January playoff mode.

Tuesday also won't be a preview as PG will be missing.

And yes, depth. After each teams top two guys, the Lakers rotation is mediocre to average, especially compared to the Clips. I mean, I wouldn't take Rondo over Mann, wouldn't consider Green over Lou Gotti, Trez is Def over Kuzma.

That's not even including Mo, Jamychal nor Bev

iamgine
10-18-2019, 03:52 AM

This is some creepy sh!t :lol

Manny98
10-18-2019, 05:42 AM
Despite already destroying the Lakers twice in preseason im still more concerned about them

Clippers are overrated

Jasper
10-18-2019, 07:41 PM
I know what Bron does , and this core should be great / I actually think in the playoff's - Lakers beat clips.

red1
10-18-2019, 07:45 PM
clippers will be a real threat. the lakers still have lebron and AD but they're injury prone IMO.

kawhi and beverly on the same team means you have two insanely competitive guys who are polar opposites that will inspire the rest of the team. they're going to DOG other teams on defense.

Bond007
10-18-2019, 08:11 PM
tough to say . But i really don't know how thw clippers can handle the lakers size to be honest. i see them getting so many easy lob passes , dunks. cleaning the glass and rebounds. That being said i also know kwai, paul and bev are top level defenders. should be interesting . oh and i think people are also under rating the depth of the lakers bench

AirTupac
10-18-2019, 09:03 PM
tough to say . But i really don't know how thw clippers can handle the lakers size to be honest. i see them getting so many easy lob passes , dunks. cleaning the glass and rebounds. That being said i also know kwai, paul and bev are top level defenders. should be interesting . oh and i think people are also under rating the depth of the lakers bench

Bradley is a better player than Bev and cheaper.

Doranku
10-18-2019, 09:31 PM
Tuesday also won't be a preview as PG will be missing.

Then it'll be a perfect preview of a playoff series. :lol

AirTupac
10-18-2019, 09:33 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA :roll: :roll: :roll:

qrich
10-18-2019, 10:19 PM

So schedule changed and we are playing the Jazz or Nuggets?

AirTupac
10-18-2019, 10:40 PM

Cringe ass loser reply :oldlol: :oldlol:

superduper
10-18-2019, 10:41 PM
Both losers

Doranku
10-18-2019, 10:48 PM

You think the Clippers are going to lose in the 2nd round to the Jazz or Nuggets? Interesting, definitely a possibility.

qrich
10-18-2019, 10:54 PM
You think the Clippers are going to lose in the 2nd round to the Jazz or Nuggets? Interesting, definitely a possibility.

I'm just listing playoff teams. Who are we playing now with the schedule change? Denver? Utah? Houston? GSW? Sac? Portland? Dallas?

Doranku
10-18-2019, 11:11 PM
I'm just listing playoff teams. Who are we playing now with the schedule change? Denver? Utah? Houston? GSW? Sac? Portland? Dallas?

https://media.tenor.com/images/0799e1570deb3f11e3c490a09c6ec816/tenor.gif

TommyGriffin
10-18-2019, 11:19 PM
Clipper fans.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Celtics 1825
10-18-2019, 11:55 PM
Clippers by far. They're gonna allow a grand total of zero buckets with that defense.

Lebron23
08-23-2020, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=LoneyROY7;13842204]Fans of opposing players/teams, which team scares you more: the Lakers and their loaded front-court or the Clippers and their dynamic wing duo?

As your favorite unbiased Harden/Rockets supporter, I must say I'm slightly more concerned about the Lakers and their front-court size than I am of the Clippers and their vaunted perimeter defense.

What say you?

or

http://i.imgur.com/2GOrX5H.gif[/QUOte
Solid posts from a good poster.

Doranku
08-23-2020, 10:55 PM

I tried to tell y'all bout Playoff P.....

AlternativeAcc.
08-23-2020, 10:59 PM
I tried to tell y'all bout Playoff P.....

Such a unique post. You're the only guy who said Paul George chokes in the playoffs

You must've coined the moniker 'Playoff P' too huh?

Wow man. You're so awesome. I'm glad you quoted your own post to show the world you exist. Bravo

Doranku
08-23-2020, 11:00 PM
Such a unique post. You're the only guy who said Paul George chokes in the playoffs

You must've coined the moniker 'Playoff P' too huh?

Wow man. You're so awesome. I'm glad you quoted your own post to show the world you exist. Bravo

You are crippled mentally and physically. None of your edgy posts will ever change that, Wheels.

Smoke117
08-23-2020, 11:01 PM
The Thunder

AlternativeAcc.
08-23-2020, 11:04 PM
You are crippled mentally and physically. None of your edgy posts will ever change that, Wheels.
Temper tantrum

Yikes

Lebron23
10-03-2020, 12:49 AM

Solid prediction bro.

Shooter
10-03-2020, 12:50 AM
Clippers have Paul George who chokes harder than James Harden in the playoffs. Who is also coming off a shoulder procedure.

They have no one who can matchup to AD. Jazz and Lakers are better than them.

Called it

:bowdown:

ArbitraryWater
10-03-2020, 02:46 AM
I can see the Lakers feasting on the Clippers frontcourt but the Lakers better hope to avoid the Jazz first.

Conley is a playoff beast

Gobert is Gobert, and they aren't lacking in the frontcourt with Ed Davis

Mitchell will love the challenge

Ingles is a fierce competitor and great player

Bogdanovic is one of those guys that plays well against and loves to go at Lebron

Solid role-players in Green and O'Neale

Not to mention Lebron is scared to play in and hasn't won in Utah in 8 years :lol

Lolololol