PDA

View Full Version : Why is Lebron never in the greatest athlete ever discussion?

Walk on Water
10-20-2019, 05:53 AM
Ever notice that? Jordan is in greatest athlete discussion as is Muhammad Ali, Tiger Woods, Babe Ruth, Wayne Gretzky, Michael Phelps, etc..

I could be wrong but I don

bullettooth
10-20-2019, 07:19 AM
The simplest answer is usually the right one; LeBron just isn't that good at basketball.

Gileraracer
10-20-2019, 08:11 AM
You can't be the greatest athlete when you aren't even the greatest basketball player.

insidehoops
10-20-2019, 08:24 AM
You can't be the greatest athlete when you aren't even the greatest basketball player.

Those are two different things.

(Not saying I agree with above points either, but "greatest athlete" and "greatest basketball player" are obviously different things)

Turbo Slayer
10-20-2019, 08:31 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/e5RONJDZLaIRR5itrT/giphy.gif

ImKobe
10-20-2019, 08:43 AM

(Not saying I agree with above points either, but "greatest athlete" and "greatest basketball player" are obviously different things)

All the others are considered the greatest in their field though.

Gileraracer
10-20-2019, 10:07 AM

Of course there is a difference but there won't be a big chance for a player in any sports to be in the "greatest athlete" conversation without beeing #1 in his own sport.

Besides that, Lebron has too many black marks on his resume:

- missed POs 3 times
- needed 2 superstar collusions for 3 titles
- won a ROY he didn't deserve
- has the two finals losses with the biggest point differentials in nba history
- needed Adam Silver to step in for his 3rd ring
- confiscated tapes that showed him being dunked on
- has had more help than anybody in the history of the nba just to lose 6 finals
- got his ass whooped by Jason Terry
- AND. SO. ON.

greatest athlete candidates are usually alphas

sdot_thadon
10-20-2019, 10:24 AM

this. greatest athlete has different implications than goat of blank sport.

superduper
10-20-2019, 10:27 AM
Because he's #MoreThanAnAthlete :mad:

FKAri
10-20-2019, 10:29 AM
It is implied that he is #1 and the discussion is about who's #2. Everyone knows this. Were you dropped on your head as a baby?

Bronbron23
10-20-2019, 10:58 AM
It depends on what your definition of athlete is. Technically anyone who plays a professional sport is considered an athlete so if that's the case than non athletic athlete's like Brady and tiger woods are in the discussion. If we're talking greatest athlete as far as physical gifts and skill than you have to look at guys who have both like Ali, mj and LeBron, and guys like that. If we're talking just pure physicality then you have to look at guy like bo Jackson, Dion sanders and wilt Chamberlain. Mj is usually the in the convo because he was one of the most skilled and most athletic.