PDA

View Full Version : Top 2019-20 NBA player rankings by position

insidehoops
10-20-2019, 08:30 AM
Who do you say are the top three players at each position entering the 2019-20 NBA regular season?

PG:

SG:

SF:

PF:

C:

Honorable mentions:

Doranku
10-20-2019, 08:44 AM
PG: Curry, Dame, Westbrook

SG: Harden, Butler, Beal

SF: Kawhi, Bran, Paul George

PF: Giannis, AD, Blake Griffin

C: Jokic, Embiid, Gobert

Didn't include KD and Klay since they're out.

Dr Hawk
10-20-2019, 08:53 AM
PG: Curry, Irving, Lillard
SG: Harden, Beal, Mitchell
SF: Kawhi, Lebron, George
PF: Giannis, Davis, Griffin
C: Embiid, Jokic, Marc

Manny98
10-20-2019, 09:07 AM
PG: Curry, Kyrie, Lillard
SG: Harden, Beal, LeVert
SF: LeBron, Kawhi, PG
PF: AD,Giannis,Blake
C: Embiid,Jokic,Gobert

ImKobe
10-20-2019, 09:28 AM
PG: Curry, Lillard, Irving
SG: Harden, Beal, DeRozan
SF: Kawhi, Lebron, PG
PF: AD, Giannis, Griffin
C: Embiid, Gobert, Jokic

DeRozan gets underrated, he's transformed his game a lot on the Spurs and it looks like he's worked on his 3-pointer with the amount of attempts he's taken and made in pre-season.

Turbo Slayer
10-20-2019, 09:50 AM
PG: Curry, Lillard, Irving
SG: Harden, Beal, DeRozan
SF: Kawhi, Lebron, PG
PF: AD, Giannis, Griffin
C: Embiid, Gobert, Jokic

DeRozan gets underrated, he's transformed his game a lot on the Spurs and it looks like he's worked on his 3-pointer with the amount of attempts he's taken and made in pre-season.
How come DeFrozen couldn't once sniff the Finals? :oldlol:

DeFrozen always choke in playoffs.

Dude was negative/minus in the 2018 escf.

Game 1-(0)
Game 2-(-22)
Game 3-(-23)
Game 4-(-24)
:roll:

Lebron always shitting on the Craptors. :rockon:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3JWgzSY9mjC9lloXFI/giphy.gif

Bron's plan.

Turn the 0-2 to the 0-3, dawg.

:facepalm DeRozen is overrated.

Love Drake tho.

Turbo Slayer
10-20-2019, 09:59 AM
PG: Curry, Dame, Westbrook

SG: Harden, Butler, Beal

SF: LeBron, Kawhi, Paul George

PF: Giannis, AD, Blake Griffin

Turbo Slayer
10-20-2019, 10:05 AM
Bro why are you obsessed with Lebron in every thread, get his dick out of your mouth.
:oldlol: Thank for complimenting me, ImKobe. Good job on insulting a 14 year old(me).

:applause:

I'm just stating facts. I can't rely on DeRozen in the playoffs. :confusedshrug:

To make this discussion beneficial, offer me some counter facts to support your claim that somehow DeRozen is top 3 SG.:confusedshrug:

ImKobe
10-20-2019, 10:23 AM
:oldlol: Thank for complimenting me, ImKobe. Good job on insulting a 14 year old(me).

:applause:

I'm just stating facts. I can't rely on DeRozen in the playoffs. :confusedshrug:

To make this discussion beneficial, offer me some counter facts to support your claim that somehow DeRozen is top 3 SG.:confusedshrug:

So we're talking Playoffs right. Spurs as a 7 seed took the Nuggets to elimination with Derozan having a good Playoff series (22/7/5 56%TS) while the Jazz lost in 5 in the 1st round with Mitchell struggling against a terrible Rockets' defense with 21/5/3 on 32/26/73 shooting or 42%TS.

Beal missed the Playoffs and has never made it past the 2nd round but I still have him ahead of Derozan on pure talent alone, you have to respect his 3-point shooting. Beal averaged 26/5/6 last season with good volume 3-point shooting but obviously he did it on a bad team while leading the league in MPG.

While I do have Beal 2nd because of his age and what I know he can do offensively from three-point range, DeRozan deserves to be ranked 3rd going into this season with Klay Thompson injured for most of it. Butler's probably going to be average on a bad Miami squad, he might put up volume numbers because of the lack of help on offense but he won't be that efficient in the process while I think Derozan will be 1a/1b on a 50+win Spurs team.

Butler worked hard and got his max deal, I expect him not to play at his best on a very average Heat roster. The 3rd best SG in the league will be a battle between DeRozan and Mitchell, I think it will be close between the two.

Turbo Slayer
10-20-2019, 10:42 AM
So we're talking Playoffs right. Spurs as a 7 seed took the Nuggets to elimination with Derozan having a good Playoff series (22/7/5 56%TS) while the Jazz lost in 5 in the 1st round with Mitchell struggling against a terrible Rockets' defense with 21/5/3 on 32/26/73 shooting or 42%TS.

Beal missed the Playoffs and has never made it past the 2nd round but I still have him ahead of Derozan on pure talent alone, you have to respect his 3-point shooting. Beal averaged 26/5/6 last season with good volume 3-point shooting but obviously he did it on a bad team while leading the league in MPG.

While I do have Beal 2nd because of his age and what I know he can do offensively from three-point range, DeRozan deserves to be ranked 3rd going into this season with Klay Thompson injured for most of it. Butler's probably going to be average on a bad Miami squad, he might put up volume numbers because of the lack of help on offense but he won't be that efficient in the process while I think Derozan will be 1a/1b on a 50+win Spurs team.

Butler worked hard and got his max deal, I expect him not to play at his best on a very average Heat roster. The 3rd best SG in the league will be a battle between DeRozan and Mitchell, I think it will be close between the two.
DeRozan is iffy, to say the least. Your rankings are good except for DeRozan. The Raptors had home-court advantage in 2018 and the garbage Wizards put a fight up and take them to 6 games to beat.

LOL. DeRozan then proceeds to choke against Lebron. :oldlol:

Then in 2019, DeRozan only scored 19 points. Didn't make a FG in last 1:30 minute of Game 7 vs nuggets :oldlol:

ImKobe
10-20-2019, 11:15 AM
DeRozan is iffy, to say the least. Your rankings are good except for DeRozan. The Raptors had home-court advantage in 2018 and the garbage Wizards put a fight up and take them to 6 games to beat.

LOL. DeRozan then proceeds to choke against Lebron. :oldlol:

Then in 2019, DeRozan only scored 19 points. Didn't make a FG in last 1:30 minute of Game 7 vs nuggets :oldlol:

What does your post have anything to do with the 2019-20 season? I base my rankings on what players did last year and what they might do in this upcoming season. You keep bringing up Lebron like anyone cares about him in this thread.

Derozan showed me last year that he's willing to expand his game and he's showing me an improved jump shot in the pre-season, I think that plus the Spurs having an improved roster around him will lead to him playing the 3rd best ball at his position. You can't underestimate the Popovich factor when it comes to player improvement. DeMar is useful on the court outside of his scoring ability.

You asked me to post facts while you go off on your Lebron rants that no one cares about.

Rico2016
10-20-2019, 12:33 PM
PG: LeBron
SG: LeBron
SF: LeBron
PF: LeBron
C: LeBron

BallsOut
10-20-2019, 01:24 PM
SG: Thompson, Butler, Oladipo
SF: Leonard, George, Durant
PF: Davis, Green, Zion

Rico2016
10-20-2019, 03:10 PM
SG: Thompson, Butler, Oladipo
SF: Leonard, George, Durant
PF: Davis, Green, Zion

Congratulations. This is the worst lost I've seen.

FromDowntown
10-20-2019, 04:56 PM
pg: Curry
sg: Harden
sf: Kawhi
pf: Giannis
c: Jokic

insidehoops
10-21-2019, 06:26 AM
Keep it coming!