PDA

View Full Version : What to expect from Jabari Parker this season?

PeroAntic
10-21-2019, 07:10 AM
According to advanced metrics his stint with the Wizards was the best in his career in terms of impact by far and he was a plus defensively as well. Eye test also confirms he is hustling a lot more. If he can keep up the defensive effort he should emerge as Trae Young's #2 option sidekick.

Real Men Wear Green
10-21-2019, 07:38 AM
OP is the patron saint of lost causes. Never give up. :cheers:

PeroAntic
10-21-2019, 01:26 PM
Jabari was nearly an all star only two seasons ago. If I was about lost causes I would have stanned Jaylen Brown.

DoctorP
10-21-2019, 01:27 PM
G league? :lol

Real Men Wear Green
10-21-2019, 03:39 PM
Jabari was nearly an all star only two seasons ago. If I was about lost causes I would have stanned Jaylen Brown.I don't recall JB tearing his ACL, and I don't remember him ever saying anything like "They don't pay players to play defense." Last season Parker only scored 1.3 more points per game in spite of the fact he didn't play with a star like Kyrie Irving, or on a team as deep with scorers as Boston. Nor is Brown playing for his 4th team before the age of 25.

PeroAntic
10-21-2019, 04:07 PM
I don't recall JB tearing his ACL, and I don't remember him ever saying anything like "They don't pay players to play defense." Last season Parker only scored 1.3 more points per game in spite of the fact he didn't play with a star like Kyrie Irving, or on a team as deep with scorers as Boston. Nor is Brown playing for his 4th team before the age of 25.
Jabari does literally everything better than Brown, after two torn ACLs. That includes defence regardless of what he said (at least for the Wizards).

And if Brown played with Kyrie, Jabari played with Lavine and Beal. So if Parker is a lost cause then I don't know what should Jaylen Brown be called.

You just don't write off someone with Jabari's potential at the age of 24.

LoneyROY7
10-21-2019, 04:09 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Spot on.

Smoke117
10-21-2019, 04:10 PM
Jabari does literally everything better than Brown, after two torn ACLs. That includes defence regardless of what he said (at least for the Wizards).

And if Brown played with Kyrie, Jabari played with Lavine and Beal. So if Parker is a lost cause then I don't know what should Jaylen Brown be called.

You just don't write off someone with Jabari's potential at the age of 24.

lol PeroAntic at it again. It's impossible to take this guy seriously. I'm pretty sure he's trolling, though. Nobody can be as stupid as OP pretends to be. :confusedshrug:

Rico2016
10-21-2019, 04:13 PM

Bulls eye :lol

Real Men Wear Green
10-21-2019, 04:18 PM

You just don't write off someone with Jabari's potential at the age of 24.Pretty sure no one is paying Parker 115 million.

Meticode
10-21-2019, 04:21 PM
Parker's time to be the player he could be coming out of college has passed. Two ACL tears later, no one is coming back the same player they were. At this point his best bet is NBA role player. Might be starter caliber, but right now he's a bench player.

PeroAntic
10-21-2019, 04:27 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Spot on.
Still better than a bandwagoner for the most repulsive people in the league.

90sgoat
10-21-2019, 04:31 PM
I bet he would do well in a lesser role in a strong system, say Spurs.

PeroAntic
10-21-2019, 04:35 PM
lol PeroAntic at it again. It's impossible to take this guy seriously. I'm pretty sure he's trolling, though. Nobody can be as stupid as OP pretends to be. :confusedshrug:
Youre such a fecking retard. Parker had a positive defensive bpm for the Wizards last year, Brown was a negative for the Celtics.

Only a moron judges a player without looking at context. Fit and opportunities matter.

AirBonner
10-21-2019, 04:40 PM
No defense obviously. He even said he

Doranku
10-21-2019, 05:39 PM
Nothing.

DoctorP
10-21-2019, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE=AirBonner]No defense obviously. He even said he

brooks_thompson
10-22-2019, 12:22 AM
He seems like this generation

PeroAntic
10-22-2019, 07:42 AM
[QUOTE=brooks_thompson]He seems like this generation

atljonesbro
10-22-2019, 09:49 AM
Ridiculous comparison. Beasley is an idiot, Jabari's progress was stopped by two ACL tears.

He will emerge as Atlanta's second best player this season. There were signs of great chemistry with Trae in the preseason.
I just don’t get how people forget John Collins exists yet worship Kuzma who’s worse at literally every aspect of basketball. Parker isn’t even remotely close to better than Collins. It’s laughable to say he’d be the 2nd best player. He’ll be a good 6th man

brooks_thompson
10-22-2019, 11:47 AM
Ridiculous comparison. Beasley is an idiot, Jabari's progress was stopped by two ACL tears.

He will emerge as Atlanta's second best player this season. There were signs of great chemistry with Trae in the preseason.

Eh, I don

DMAVS41
10-22-2019, 12:17 PM
He's been well below an average player for most of his career and a truly terrible defender by any reasonable analysis.

So, unless he's changed his game (which is always possible)...I wouldn't expect much.

Jasper
10-23-2019, 12:15 AM
didn't know he was still in the league..