PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Showing Flashes of MJ

Angel Face
10-23-2019, 03:44 AM
Dude's so fun to watch. A slower version of MJ. He's too good.

Now imagine a prime MJ playing in today's game. LeBron will definitely shit his pants. I could see him dropping 50 on back to back to back nights.

Kawhi's definitely is the best player today

TommyGriffin
10-23-2019, 03:57 AM
STFU about MJ.

It's 2019. Move on you f*cking loser.

Mr Feeny
10-23-2019, 04:19 AM
He reminds me of Jordan when he palms the ball and shoots effortlessly on the dribble. Wade was more Jordan-like when it came to slashing. Kobe with the fadeaway.

None of those 3 is an exact clone of Jordan but each has some part of his game that is very Jordan-esque.

I agree though. If only Kawhi were just a little quicker and more athletic. He looks like Jordan moving at 0.8-0.9 of his speed. Otherwise, he's as close to Jordan as anyone.

Round Mound
10-23-2019, 04:38 AM
He reminds me of Jordan when he palms the ball and shoots effortlessly on the dribble. Wade was more Jordan-like when it came to slashing. Kobe with the fadeaway.

None of those 3 is an exact clone of Jordan but each has some part of his game that is very Jordan-esque.

I agree though. If only Kawhi were just a little quicker and more athletic. He looks like Jordan moving at 0.8-0.9 of his speed. Otherwise, he's as close to Jordan as anyone.

Nice break down. I agree :applause:

90sgoat
10-23-2019, 04:39 AM
Jordan in the league now would make Lebron look like Karl Malone and Kawhi look like Clyde Drexler :)

Akeem34TheDream
10-23-2019, 04:49 AM
Slower but stronger

Manny98
10-23-2019, 05:17 AM
Kawhi is MJ with a better jumpshot and better defense

ImKobe
10-23-2019, 05:27 AM

Offensively he's almost a clone of 96-98 Jordan.

Micku
10-23-2019, 05:39 AM

Pretty much.

Although Kobe had more of MJ than just the fadeaway. The footwork. Some of the reverse layup moves. He has his own style when it came to the dribbling tho.

Kawhi reminds me of a slower version of MJ for sure tho. The way he creates space, his post moves and footwork reminds me of it.

I don't think either or had MJ off the ball movement tho. Kawhi is better at it than Kobe and Wade in that aspect.

In terms of playstyle, definitely seeing some MJ stuff. I think he watched some MJ and Kobe tapes? I don't remember anymore tho.

Dr Hawk
10-23-2019, 05:44 AM
If you put together peak Kawhis hands and defense, peak Kobes footwork and midrange shot and peak Wades slashing ability you would get micro post-prime Jordan.

Bronbron23
10-23-2019, 09:07 AM
Kawhi is MJ with a better jumpshot and better defense
He's a slightly better defender but mj had a better jump shot. Kawhi is a better 3 point shooter but mj was better in the post. Mj was also a better slasher and finisher. Mj was also a better passer but that's close too.

If anything kawhi is very similar to older 2nd 3peat mj. He wasn't close to prime mj though.

superduper
10-23-2019, 09:15 AM
STFU about MJ.

It's 2019. Move on you f*cking loser.

Triggered :oldlol:

Sorry bro the GOAT will NEVER be forgotten.

TheMan
10-23-2019, 09:19 AM
Imagine being so clueless as to think that KL has a better jumper than MJ :lol

superduper
10-23-2019, 09:21 AM

But he shoots better from 3 in an era and time where the 3 is practiced the most it ever has been in history!! :eek:

Manny98
10-23-2019, 09:24 AM
Better free throw shooter = Kawhi

Better 3 point shooter = Kawhi by a mile

Better mid range shooter = they're about equal

So Kawhi wins :applause:

LAL
10-23-2019, 09:26 AM
If you put together peak Kawhis hands and defense, peak Kobes footwork and midrange shot and peak Wades slashing ability you would get micro post-prime Jordan.
MJ the goat but slow down a little..

Manny98
10-23-2019, 09:26 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

TheMan
10-23-2019, 10:02 AM

Kawhi a better free throw shooter? I recall a Finals game 6 that KL missed a crucial FT that should've iced the game and the series...his brick opened the door for Ray Ray to tie the game. :confusedshrug:

Better 3pt shooter, yeah Kawhi...

Mid-range, MJ easily, especially MJ's fadeaway jumper.

TheMan
10-23-2019, 10:04 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Lol all you want, he makes a good point.

That's why MJ is still the consensus GOAT :applause:

ronniec
10-23-2019, 10:10 AM

Just like Sir Charles said last night @ TNT.

Kawhi doesn't run too fast or too slow, everything is just effortlessly.

Angel Face
10-23-2019, 10:40 AM

This kid needs to shut up. You don't know what you are talking about.

FKAri
10-23-2019, 11:16 AM
Nothing micro about it. It would be a better version of post-prime Jordan.

Paul George 24
10-23-2019, 11:49 AM
Dude's so fun to watch. A slower version of MJ. He's too good.

Now imagine a prime MJ playing in today's game. LeBron will definitely shit his pants. I could see him dropping 50 on back to back to back nights.

Kawhi's definitely is the best player today
40YEARS OLD MJ IS 10 TIMES ATHLETIC THAN KAWCHOKE EVER DREAM

90sgoat
10-23-2019, 12:06 PM
Nothing micro about it. It would be a better version of post-prime Jordan.

No.

Second 3-peat MJ still led the league in scoring 3 years in a row, while dunking more than Wade and Kobe in their prime AND shooting comparable to prime Dirk from midrange.

MJ > Kobe midrange

MJ > Wade slashing

MJ > Kawhi defense

Akeem34TheDream
10-23-2019, 01:32 PM
People can go really mad when the subject is mj. You psychos are the reason that there are many lebron trolls.

3ball
10-23-2019, 03:40 PM
Jordan in the league now would make Lebron look like Karl Malone and Kawhi look like Clyde Drexler :)
Exactly

Peak Drexler was 27/7/7 with better playoff and Finals stats than Kobe, and also Lebron in various years..

he averaged 25/8/5 on 54% and 41% against MJ/Pip/Rodman in the 1990 and 1992 Finals - that's better than almost all of Kobe's Finals, and many of Lebron's

LAL
10-23-2019, 05:48 PM
Exactly

Peak Drexler was 27/7/7 with better playoff and Finals stats than Kobe, and also Lebron in various years..

he averaged 25/8/5 on 54% and 41% against MJ/Pip/Rodman in the 1990 and 1992 Finals - that's better than almost all of Kobe's Finals, and many of Lebron's
I don't know why you have to bring up Kobe or Drexler. Drexler was Pippen's man and Kobe would've wiped his ass with Terry Porter just like MJ did.

HoopologyPhD
10-23-2019, 05:52 PM
KL: Shows micro flashes of MJ
LBJ: Flashes crowd his micro weiner

3ball
10-23-2019, 06:46 PM
I don't know why you have to bring up Kobe or Drexler. Drexler was Pippen's man and Kobe would've wiped his ass with Terry Porter just like MJ did.
Drexler played SG and was guarded by MJ, not Pippen

Pippen guarded Kersey

But the point of is that Drexler averaged 25/8/5 against the best perimeter defenders ever in the 90' and 92' Finals

drexler was athletically dominant, so he couldn't be locked down like Kobe in the 2000 or 2004 Finals.. he was also a pure scorer, so he couldn't be locked down like Lebron in the 07' or 11 Finals

So 90'sgoat is right - MJ would make Kawhi look like a weaker-passing Drexler, i.e. drexler was good enough for that to be true

tpols
10-23-2019, 06:49 PM

Pippen guarded Kersey

But the point of is that Drexler averaged 25/8/5 against the best perimeter defenders ever in the 90' and 92' Finals

drexler was athletically dominant, so he couldn't be locked down like Kobe in the 2000 or 2004 Finals.. he was also a pure scorer, so he couldn't be locked down like Lebron in the 07' or 11 Finals

So 90'sgoat is right - MJ would make Kawhi look like a weaker-passing Drexler

He couldnt shoot though... Drexler is light work compared to Kobe and Lebron lmao.

Nevermind Kawhi... whose looking like a pippen jordan hybrid.

3ball
10-23-2019, 06:51 PM
He couldnt shoot though... Drexler is light work compared to Kobe and Lebron lmao.

Nevermind Kawhi... whose looking like a pippen jordan hybrid.
It's just false

Peak Drexler > many versions of Kobe and some versions of Lebron

His stats and performance prove it

And he could shoot - everyone said his shot > MJ before the 92' Finals.. if you watched drexler, you know he could shoot, and was great from mid-range like most players back then

3ball
10-23-2019, 06:59 PM
Drexler 1992 PO:. 26.3.. 7.4.. 7.0.. 55.8 ts.. 120 ortg.. 6.2 obpm.. 2.1 vorp
Lebron' 2011 PO:. 23.7.. 8.4.. 5.9.. 56.3 ts.. 113 ortg.. 5.4 obpm.. 2.3 vorp
Lebron' 2007 PO:. 25.1.. 8.1.. 8.0.. 51.6 ts.. 109 ortg.. 5.4 obpm.. 2.4 vorp

Drexler 1992 Finals:. 24.8.. 7.8.. 5.3.. 52.2 ts.. 3.0 tov.. 113 ortg.. 18.4 gmsc
Lebron' 2011 Finals:. 17.8.. 7.2.. 6.8.. 54.1 ts.. 4.0 tov.. 102 ortg.. 13.7 gmsc
Lebron' 2007 Finals:. 22.0.. 7.0.. 6.8.. 42.8 ts.. 5.8 tov.... 83 ortg.. 10.6 gmsc

Drexler was a better athlete than Kobe and would've crushed Reggie Miller or Tayshaun more than Kobe did in those Finals

And he was better than 07' and 11 Lebron, obviously, as shown above.. and a better shooter

LAL
10-23-2019, 07:01 PM

Pippen guarded Kersey

So 90'sgoat is right - MJ would make Kawhi look like a weaker-passing Drexler, i.e. drexler was good enough for that to be true
Bad defending by mj, but the point is kobe would've wiped his ass with terry porter and danny ainge like MJ did.

No drexler wouldn't have done better against 2004 pistons or 08 celtics. That's a lie. 2000? Maybe, despite kobe's age and injury, he was pretty clutch and damn important.

tpols
10-23-2019, 07:02 PM
Drexler only played in 3 finals to kobe and lebron's combined 16. Massive sample size disparity to draw such a dumb conclusion off.

The blazers lost in the 1st round three times in a row after MJ vanquished them. :lol

3ball
10-23-2019, 07:08 PM
Bad defending by mj, but the point is kobe would've wiped his ass with terry porter and danny ainge like MJ did.

No drexler wouldn't have done better against 2004 pistons or 08 celtics. That's a lie. 2000? Maybe, despite kobe's age and injury, he was pretty clutch and damn important.
Bryant averaged 22 on 36% against the Pistons and Tayshaun

Drexler averaged 26 on 54% against the 90' Bad Boys and dpoy Dennis Rodman

So Drexler was better than various versions of Kobe and a few versions of Lebron too....

Ultimately, Drexler was a better athlete and pure scorer, so he couldn't get locked down like Kobe, or exploited like Lebron

90sgoat
10-23-2019, 07:08 PM
The simple fact is that the best players in this era are only comparable to the Karl Malones (Lebron), the Drexlers (Kawhi), the Jerry Wests (Curry) of the past.

There are no transcendental players like MJ, Kareem, Bird, Wilt, Shaq.

Zion maybe, just maybe, could be a Barkley level talent, but that would require a lot of work ethic and desire to improve.

Turbo Slayer
10-23-2019, 07:09 PM
And he was better than Lebron, obviously, as shown above.. and a better shooter
LMAO. :lol
Drexler is not better than Lebron. Lebron 2011-12 playoff season averages were 30.3 PPG. More than Drexler's averages.

LeBron was on a mission that 2011-12 season. Legendary performance in GM 6 of the Miami-Celtics seres. 45 points, 15 rebounds, and 5 assists. He HAD the killer instinct that game.

:biggums:

3ball
10-23-2019, 07:12 PM
LMAO. :lol
Drexler is not better than Lebron. Lebron 2011-12 playoff season averages were 30.3 PPG. More than Drexler's averages.

LeBron was on a mission that 2011-12 season. Legendary performance in GM 6 of the Miami-Celtics seres. 45 points, 15 rebounds, and 5 assists. He HAD the killer instinct that game.

:biggums:

92' Drexler > 07' and 11' Lebron

Drexler 1992 PO:. 26.3.. 7.4.. 7.0.. 55.8 ts.. 120 ortg.. 6.2 obpm.. 2.1 vorp
Lebron' 2011 PO:. 23.7.. 8.4.. 5.9.. 56.3 ts.. 113 ortg.. 5.4 obpm.. 2.3 vorp
Lebron' 2007 PO:. 25.1.. 8.1.. 8.0.. 51.6 ts.. 109 ortg.. 5.4 obpm.. 2.4 vorp

Drexler 1992 Finals:. 24.8.. 7.8.. 5.3.. 52.2 ts.. 3.0 tov.. 113 ortg.. 18.4 gmsc
Lebron' 2011 Finals:. 17.8.. 7.2.. 6.8.. 54.1 ts.. 4.0 tov.. 102 ortg.. 13.7 gmsc
Lebron' 2007 Finals:. 22.0.. 7.0.. 6.8.. 42.8 ts.. 5.8 tov.... 83 ortg.. 10.6 gmsc

92' Drexler did well vs MJ/Pip, while Lebron was nothing against Dirk and old Bowen... :oldlol:

LAL
10-23-2019, 07:17 PM
Bryant averaged 22 on 36% against the Pistons and Tayshaun

Drexler averaged 26 on 54% against the 90' Bad Boys and dpoy Dennis Rodman

So Drexler was better than various versions of Kobe and a few versions of Lebron too....

Ultimately, Drexler was a better athlete and pure scorer, so he couldn't get locked down like Kobe, or exploited like Lebron
Out of your mind, so drexler was a better pure scorer than kobe? I mean 2004 was bad no doubt, but you're just saying drexler is better because he gave mj the bussines. He has 1 ring and wasn't nowhere near kobe's level of dominance. Let's not act he had any footwork of any kind.

I also said kobe woul've wiped his ass with porter and ainge. Easily.

tpols
10-23-2019, 07:22 PM
Out of your mind, so drexler was a better pure scorer than kobe? I mean 2004 was bad no doubt, but you're just saying drexler is better because he gave mj the bussines. He has 1 ring and wasn't nowhere near kobe's level of dominance. Let's not act he had any footwork of any kind.

This guy has literally lost his mind.

He's been constantly contradicting himself for months now.

3ball
10-23-2019, 07:27 PM

No, I said Drexler was a better athlete than Kobe and a better pure scorer than LeBron

So he could never get locked down like Kobe, or exploited like Lebron

Hope that helps

Again, Drexler > many versions of Kobe and some versions of Lebron...

both edge Drexler overall career-wise, but people don't realize that Drexler was on their level, and should be included in the goat perimeter player list, aka Kobe/Wade/LeBron, etc

Bronbron23
10-23-2019, 07:34 PM
No, I said Drexler was a better athlete than Kobe and a better pure scorer than LeBron

Hope that helps

both edge Drexler overall career-wise, but people don't realize that Drexler was on their level, and should be included in the goat perimeter player list, aka Kobe/Wade/LeBron, etc
Drexler was a slightly better athlete than Kobe but Kobe was way more skilled. As far as being a better pure scorer than drexler that's just insane.

LAL
10-23-2019, 07:37 PM

Hope that helps

That's not what you said but okay. Even saying him being a better athlete made him less unstoppable is weird, because all he had on kobe was his vertical jump.. maybe, perhaps more athletic naturally but kobe showed more athletism on a basketball court than clyde did.

3ball
10-23-2019, 07:43 PM
That's not what you said but okay. Even saying him being a better athlete made him less unstoppable is weird, because all he had on kobe was his vertical jump.. maybe, perhaps more athletic naturally but kobe showed more athletism on a basketball court than clyde did.
My original post several posts up said it the way I just said it, but you read a subsequent post where I combined the sentence

Anyway, my point is that the stats and performance showed that Drexler performed much better vs Rodman/MJ/Pip than Kobe did against Miller and Tayshaun, or Lebron against Dirk or Bowen

And peak Drexler's stats(27/7/7) are better than Kobe or Lebron's in various seasons, especially in the playoffs

LAL
10-23-2019, 08:32 PM
My original post several posts up said it the way I just said it, but you read a subsequent post where I combined the sentence

Anyway, my point is that the stats and performance showed that Drexler performed much better vs Rodman/MJ/Pip than Kobe did against Miller and Tayshaun, or Lebron against Dirk or Bowen

And peak Drexler's stats(27/7/7) are better than Kobe or Lebron's in various seasons, especially in the playoffs

My eyes say tayshaun wasn't doing much against kobe without the historically great defensively detroit team and Reggie miller sure as heck isn't no kobe stopper. MJ had an easy time with his matchups because he was ahead of his time and had the funniest matchups looking back.

I honestly like your posts most of the time but you talk nonsense here and there.

Indian guy
10-23-2019, 10:05 PM
Kawhi is 1996 MJ with less athleticism but better handles and 3 ball.

Vragrant
10-23-2019, 10:05 PM
Slower but stronger

I was actually thinking about this.You could be right, but I'm not so sure. Sometimes its hard to guage actual strength without physically touching them unlike speed.

Just because someone is leaner does not mean they are weaker. Actually from my experience grappling, the most strongest people are lean/skinny (since physical strength is also a function of innervation of the muscles). Bobby Knight actually said Jordan had a iron grip. He spend the last third of his career as a post player which takes substantial physical strength. I'd say its a push. I think because Jordan has more finesse and agility we assume Kawhi is just stronger.

3ball
10-23-2019, 10:18 PM
I was actually thinking about this.You could be right, but I'm not so sure. Sometimes its hard to guage actual strength without physically touching them unlike speed.

Just because someone is leaner does not mean they are weaker. Actually from my experience grappling, the most strongest people are lean/skinny (since physical strength is also a function of innervation of the muscles). Bobby Knight actually said Jordan had a iron grip. He spend the last third of his career as a post player which takes substantial physical strength. I'd say its a push. I think because Jordan has more finesse and agility we assume Kawhi is just stronger.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nFK_q4swYNs&t=01m52s