PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Rotation

Kingwillball
10-23-2019, 09:51 AM
Is still a work in progress and last nights team is far from finished product from play on court to the rotation. We didn’t see Kuzma will be big addition to bench basically there main offense coming off bench which will def be a boost but Caruso when he gets healthy could slide into starting PG role as he is best PG defender on team and can help
Set up an offense better than Bradley. Bradley coming off bench will be nice lift and finally need to obtain wing defender hearing iggy is down to Lakers or clippers for his services if he goes to clips it would be a tough pill for lakers and another blow losing out to clippers but on Lakers would be perfect backup to lebron and help facilitate with 2nd unit but could also be part of the close out 4th qtr lineup for Lakers with Lebron, Green, Kuzma and AD giving them a lineup with a second facilitator defender and and clutch shooter/ finisher at basket. To me that is the “championship” lakers lineup. And don’t forget Rondo with him, Bradley, Kuzma,Iggy, D12 is a Much better 2nd unit than we saw last night with guys like Daniels and cook used more sparingly. In closing ideal scenerio the best stariting lineup Caruso( if healthy) Green, Lebron, AD, MCGhee... bench rondo, Bradley,Iggy, Kuzma, D12...against lesser teams get cook , KCP , Daniels,Dudley more burn but there minutes would vary depending on comp..

https://lakeshowlife.com/2019/10/23/los-angeles-lakers-players-deserve-guard-rotation/amp/2/

superduper
10-23-2019, 09:54 AM
I agree, they are absolutely stacked to the brim with no excuses.

Good and thoughtfully detailed writeup though.

Bronbron23
10-23-2019, 10:03 AM
[QUOTE=Kingwillball]Is still a work in progress and last nights team is far from finished product from play on court to the rotation. We didn

Kingwillball
10-23-2019, 10:08 AM
At the end of the day the clippers are just better. They have much better perimeter defence which is key in this day and age. They also have way better half court iso players. Ad isn't strong enough to bully big strong guys in the key and lebron has clearly lost a little bit of a first step so he can't beat his defender in the half court anymore to get to the hole and he's never really trusted his jump shot in tight tough games.

Pg and especially kawhi have excellent half court iso games and they're both in there prime. Clippers also have the better bench. Clippers are winning the chip easily this year. If LeBron was in his prime it be a different story but he's not.

Again I

LAmbruh
10-23-2019, 10:09 AM
I actually thought they over achieved by ALOT their 1st tussle :confusedshrug:

100+ bomb on that front loaded Doc D?

We're an old boys squad top to bots, it's gonna take some 100k mile lube to get this cylinders fire'n

Think 15-17 Cavs. Season ups n downs w Playoff mode 2.5 update patch. aka SPRING. FLOURISHING.

Zero. Dark. Thirty. Point. Five:pimp:

Le'REmastered Edition

bullettooth
10-23-2019, 10:17 AM

If you thought they overachieved against the Clips without PG in a loss, wait until they perform as they should with PG.

Won't be pretty.

superduper
10-23-2019, 10:18 AM
If you thought they overachieved against the Clips without PG in a loss, wait until they perform as they should with PG.

Won't be pretty.

This is what Playoff Mode Activated looks like :oldlol: :cry:

LAL
10-23-2019, 10:22 AM
At the end of the day the clippers are just better. They have much better perimeter defence which is key in this day and age. They also have way better half court iso players. Ad isn't strong enough to bully big strong guys in the key and lebron has clearly lost a little bit of a first step so he can't beat his defender in the half court anymore to get to the hole and he's never really trusted his jump shot in tight tough games.

Pg and especially kawhi have excellent half court iso games and they're both in there prime. Clippers also have the better bench. Clippers are winning the chip easily this year. If LeBron was in his prime it be a different story but he's not.
You're smarter and more reasonable than most lebron fans ive ever seen.

Bronbron23
10-23-2019, 10:58 AM
You're smarter and more reasonable than most lebron fans ive ever seen.
Thanks. Most LeBron fans actually get on my nerves because they're just Stan's like Manny. I like LeBron but it's not like he's my dad or brother or something. I never understood fans defending there favorite player tooth and nail the way they do. Nobody's perfect, LeBron included.

LAL
10-23-2019, 11:04 AM
Thanks. Most LeBron fans actually get on my nerves because they're just Stan's like Manny. I like LeBron but it's not like he's my dad or brother or something. I never understood fans defending there favorite player tooth and nail the way they do. Nobody's perfect, LeBron included.
Mamba mentality right there :rockon:

RealSkipBayless
10-23-2019, 11:18 AM
Kuzma is just crucial to this team.

I don't mind the idea of staggering so you have at least one of them out there, but it was too much. Not having AD and Lebron play together for so long made it tuff. Rondo and Kuzma can run the offense when they aren't out there.

Lakers are fine though.

KCP played like shit. Lebron played like shit. Cook played like shit. Davis missed his jump shots. While the flippers hit tough shot after another.

Kingwillball
10-23-2019, 11:26 AM
Lakers have to gel no doubt and figure out and fine tune rotations no doubt but bottom line AD and especially Lebron need to play better against clippers or other elite teams.

scuzzy
10-23-2019, 11:32 AM
Kuzma is just crucial to this team.

I don't mind the idea of staggering so you have at least one of them out there, but it was too much. Not having AD and Lebron play together for so long made it tuff. Rondo and Kuzma can run the offense when they aren't out there.

Lakers are fine though.

KCP played like shit. Lebron played like shit. Cook played like shit. Davis missed his jump shots. While the flippers hit tough shot after another.

I can see him with the Odom effect, but that's his ceiling. Versatile, but spotty. Perfect size/speed for this team

Already 24, older than Booker. Aint gonne get much better than he is

Kingwillball
10-23-2019, 12:00 PM
I can see him with the Odom effect, but that's his ceiling. Versatile, but spotty. Perfect size/speed for this team

Already 24, older than Booker. Aint gonne get much better than he is

Kuzma should be able to put up 16-18 a night which will def help if he is coming off bench should be first sub in and on court when AD is resting..

KCP is trash btw doesn

StrongLurk
10-23-2019, 12:39 PM
OP is in massive denial. It's crazy.

Lakers will be a second round exit at best. AD and Bron might even get injured and then they dont even make the playoffs.

Bron is going to be 35 soon, not 25. Year 17. He isn't what he used to be, but that isn't a knock on Lebron. It's natural.

superduper
10-23-2019, 12:44 PM
I've heard enough, Vogel is trash.

Bronbron23
10-23-2019, 01:23 PM
Mamba mentality right there :rockon::cheers:

Bronbron23
10-23-2019, 01:30 PM
OP is in massive denial. It's crazy.

Lakers will be a second round exit at best. AD and Bron might even get injured and then they dont even make the playoffs.

Bron is going to be 35 soon, not 25. Year 17. He isn't what he used to be, but that isn't a knock on Lebron. It's natural.
Yeah your spot on with the injury possibility. LeBron is up there in miles and age and he's just coming off an injury. I could definitely see ad getting hurt. His legs are so long and his knees seem to naturally cave inward. Everytime he lands it looks like he might hurt himself.

DMAVS41
10-23-2019, 02:14 PM
Kuzma will help. Green is obviously a near perfect fit.

Problem is, they don't have much else that actually moves the needle...and Kuzma is hardly a lock to fit in well...and his serious defensive limitations unless he greatly improves.

Could they win it all? Sure, but the Clippers right now just have a clear cut better team...and I'd argue some others as well, but all that really matters is that there is at least one team in conference that has clearly better players.

Maybe they make some moves, but I don't really know how.

3ball
10-23-2019, 03:53 PM
We're an old boys squad top to bots, it's gonna take some 100k mile lube to get this cylinders fire'n

Sorry bub, but the only way an old team wins is with ball movement - see the 2014 Finals - unfortunately, Lebron held the ball for 10.0 minutes last night (10% more than Harden last year), thus eliminating any chance of winning vs a championship level team . It's the same ol' story, 3/9... Carry on

100+ bomb on that front loaded Doc D?

Actually, teams always average a lot more points early in the season then they do later in the season when defenses have their rotations down