PDA

View Full Version : Is LeBron Still a Top 5 Player?

eliteballer
10-24-2019, 09:00 PM
Simple question..

DoctorP
10-24-2019, 09:02 PM
right now i got:
Luca
Kyrie
Harden
Leonard
G-Anus

in no particular order

eliteballer
10-24-2019, 09:05 PM
right now i got:
Luca
Kyrie
Harden
Leonard
G-Anus

in no particular order

:biggums:

DoctorP
10-24-2019, 09:06 PM
:biggums:

easy choice to make, QUITE FRANKLY

DoctorP
10-24-2019, 09:08 PM
right now i got:
Luca
Kyrie
Harden
Leonard
G-Anus

in no particular order

about to fall off my top 5

3ball
10-24-2019, 09:14 PM
Watch how often he crosses over behind the back - it's a sign of his knees not able to take the torque of a regular Iverson crossover in front.

I know from personal experience that it's a lot easier on the knees to crossover behind the back, so when I see this kat going behind the back, it's a clear sign of age to me..

DoctorP
10-24-2019, 09:17 PM
right now i got:
Luca
Kyrie
Harden
Leonard
Curry

in no particular order

FIXED
If Durant was healthy Id have him in there over Curry, maybe...

90sgoat
10-24-2019, 09:25 PM
I'm trying to think of Luka, Harden, Curry or Giannis or Kawhi with AD, Dwight, etc and it's easy to see how Lebron isn't close to top 5.

Either of those guys and you're talking an unstoppable superteam.

hiphopanonymous
10-24-2019, 09:25 PM
Kuzma pushed him way out of the top 5 last season - this is old news

DoctorP
10-24-2019, 09:26 PM
Kuzma pushed him way out of the top 5 last season - this is old news
:lol

bigkingsfan
10-24-2019, 10:07 PM
He's probably the 4th best player in LA...

Turbo Slayer
10-24-2019, 10:11 PM
I'll take Bran becoming the GOAT over the next era being a bunch of lightskin nikkas chucking 3s

ImKobe said this. :oldlol: In 2016. Before the nba finals. :roll:

72-10
10-24-2019, 10:28 PM

5th after Lou

SouBeachTalents
10-24-2019, 10:30 PM
6th after Green

AirTupac
10-24-2019, 10:31 PM
He wasn't top 5 last season. He'll be top 10 this season again. Which is really good for being 35 with that many miles. People need to accept this.

Jasper
10-24-2019, 10:32 PM
right now i got:
Luca
Kyrie
Harden
Leonard
G-Anus

in no particular order

defenseless Kyrie :biggums:

72-10
10-24-2019, 11:00 PM
6th after Green

fvck outta here with your 6th after Green

https://imgur.com/gallery/eGKrf/comment/978397089

bizil
10-25-2019, 11:23 AM
Before the injury last year, Bron was STILL a top 5 player in the world. Hell still arguably the best. Bron's slippage in terms of defense COMBINED with KD in his peak, Kawhi starting to peak, and Giannis really coming on strong made Bron's reign at #1 more arguable.

So we gotta see how Bron comes back THIS YEAR if he's a top 5 caliber player. Last year, Bron WASN'T past his prime. BUT he was past his peak and in his backend prime years. Backend prime means u can still put up similar season average numbers to your early prime or peak. BUT slipped up enough in an area or two (athletic ability, defense, efficiency, motor, durability) to be CLEARLY not at your absolute best anymore.

MJ at 35 is a great example. Still the best player in the world. BUT his athletic ability and efficiency wasn't the same as his peak days. WHICH MEANS he was in his backend prime years. BUT the key word is PRIME!!! The jury is still out!

AirTupac
10-25-2019, 11:26 AM
Before the injury last year, Bron was STILL a top 5 player in the world. Hell still arguably the best. Bron's slippage in terms of defense COMBINED with KD in his peak, Kawhi starting to peak, and Giannis really coming on strong made Bron's reign at #1 more arguable.

So we gotta see how Bron comes back THIS YEAR if he's a top 5 caliber player. Last year, Bron WASN'T past his prime. BUT he was past his peak and in his backend prime years. Backend prime means u can still put up similar season average numbers to your early prime or peak. BUT slipped up enough in an area or two (athletic ability, defense, efficiency, motor, durability) to be CLEARLY not at your absolute best anymore.

MJ at 35 is a great example. Still the best player in the world. BUT his athletic ability and efficiency wasn't the same as his peak days. WHICH MEANS he was in his backend prime years. BUT the key word is PRIME!!! The jury is still out!

Dude how can you say LeBron wasn't past his prime last season. That's the dumbest fvcking thing I've heard. He's past his prime and still really good. He wasn't top 5 last year either. Why do you guys have such a hard time accepting just basic truth. LeBrons still a really good player but he's 35. He's missing layups, his offense is limited. I mean the guy has played so much basketball since he was a kid, its inevitable. The guy got blocked by Herzonja for a game winner FFS. Prime LeBron, hell 30 year old LeBron was a different player than current LeBron. Father time is always undefeated. ALWAYS.

LeBron played the Lakers because we'll be paying an older aging star a LOT of money. Hell he might even get an extension too.

Kawhi
Giannis
Harden
AD
Jokic
LeBron fits around here. You can't tell me he can more impactful than any of those other players. It doesnt help Lakers play him at PG the whole game and wear him out. He doesn't need that 35 years old.

Dr Hawk
10-25-2019, 11:37 AM
Current NBA Top 5:

bizil
10-25-2019, 12:05 PM
Dude how can you say LeBron wasn't past his prime last season. That's the dumbest fvcking thing I've heard. He's past his prime and still really good. He wasn't top 5 last year either. Why do you guys have such a hard time accepting just basic truth. LeBrons still a really good player but he's 35. He's missing layups, his offense is limited. I mean the guy has played so much basketball since he was a kid, its inevitable. The guy got blocked by Herzonja for a game winner FFS. Prime LeBron, hell 30 year old LeBron was a different player than current LeBron. Father time is always undefeated. ALWAYS.

LeBron played the Lakers because we'll be paying an older aging star a LOT of money. Hell he might even get an extension too.

Kawhi
Giannis
Harden
AD
Jokic
LeBron fits around here. You can't tell me he can more impactful than any of those other players. It doesnt help Lakers play him at PG the whole game and wear him out. He doesn't need that 35 years old.

Nah the ****ING PROBLEM is you can't comprehend shit. I CLEARLY SAID Bron was past his PEAK DAYS! But your BITCH ASS doesn't know about backend prime years that SOME LEGENDS have during long great careers. He put up 27.4 PPG, 8.3 dimes, and 8.5 boards on 51% shooting last year. In those areas, ALL THOSE NUMBERS are in line with his PEAK DAYS!!! The huge slippage is his defense. THAT's what dropped him from his peak days! So u CAN'T say he's wasn't in his prime anymore LAST YEAR!! He was still TOO GREAT TO SAY THAT!

Now open your ears BITCH ASS!!!! This year he could VERY WELL BE past his prime!!! The jury is still out!!! But as of LAST YEAR, Bron was in backend PRIME MODE!!! Past his peak BUT STILL putting up numbers in many areas ON PAR with his best days. So now go talk hoops at the lil kids table!

AirTupac
10-25-2019, 12:10 PM
Nah the ****ING PROBLEM is you can't comprehend shit. I CLEARLY SAID Bron was past his PEAK DAYS! But your BITCH ASS doesn't know about backend prime years that SOME LEGENDS have during long great careers. He put up 27.4 PPG, 8.3 dimes, and 8.5 boards on 51% shooting last year. In those areas, ALL THOSE NUMBERS are in line with his PEAK DAYS!!! The huge slippage is his defense. THAT's what dropped him from his peak days! So u CAN'T say he's wasn't in his prime anymore LAST YEAR!! He was still TOO GREAT TO SAY THAT!

Now open your ears BITCH ASS!!!! This year he could VERY WELL BE past his prime!!! The jury is still out!!! But as of LAST YEAR, Bron was in backend PRIME MODE!!! Past his peak BUT STILL putting up numbers in many areas ON PAR with his best days. So now go talk hoops at the lil kids table!

You are far too in love with LeBron to see the truth. LeBron can get his stats. His impact is far from a 30 year old LeBron. You are just too retarded and sucking off LeBrons **** to see the truth. The guy is not in his prime. He can't even finish layups and you honestly think he's in his BaCkEnD oF pRimE. Stupid ass little kids man.

hiphopanonymous
10-25-2019, 12:12 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/1BGPLg0KIG7zpIwLQc/giphy.gif

DoctorP
10-25-2019, 12:13 PM
GAnus back in my top 5

bizil
10-25-2019, 12:18 PM
You are far too in love with LeBron to see the truth. LeBron can get his stats. His impact is far from a 30 year old LeBron. You are just too retarded and sucking off LeBrons **** to see the truth. The guy is not in his prime. He can't even finish layups and you honestly think he's in his BaCkEnD oF pRimE. Stupid ass little kids man.

Nah i'm a grown ass ****ing man WHO KNOWS the game! Bron was STILL TOO GREAT in too many areas last year to be past his prime. He was PAST HIS PEAK! He WASN'T hands down the best player in the game anymore. BUT there is INDEED backend prime years that some legends have after long tenures of being great!

Other guys PEAK while some other guys SLIP! Bron SLIPPED ENOUGH for guys like a KD, Kawhi, or Giannis to pass him by. BUT that doesn't mean Bron's prime was over AS OF LAST YEAR!!! This year could be totally different. And I will be the first to admit that. PLUS u gotta look at the team the Lakers had. And all the injuries that came with it. They were 4th in the LOADED WEST when Bron went down to injury!!! Bron as a TOTAL OFFENSIVE PLAYER ( when u look at scoring and passing as package) was STILL superior to Giannis, Kawhi, and KD.

DoctorP
10-25-2019, 12:20 PM
prime is peak, dingleberry

AirTupac
10-25-2019, 12:21 PM
Nah i'm a grown ass ****ing man WHO KNOWS the game! Bron was STILL TOO GREAT in too many areas last year to be past his prime. He was PAST HIS PEAK! He WASN'T hands down the best player in the game anymore. BUT there is INDEED backend prime years that some legends have after long tenures of being great!

Other guys PEAK while some other guys SLIP! Bron SLIPPED ENOUGH for guys like a KD, Kawhi, or Giannis to pass him by. BUT that doesn't mean Bron's prime was over AS OF LAST YEAR!!! This year could be totally different. And I will be the first to admit that. PLUS u gotta look at the team the Lakers had. And all the injuries that came with it. They were 4th in the LOADED WEST when Bron went down to injury!!! Bron as a TOTAL OFFENSIVE PLAYER ( when u look at scoring and passing as package) was STILL superior to Giannis, Kawhi, and KD.

Dude you say you know the game and make some valid points but then you say stuff like that. Bron was not superior to Kawhi in any fking metric :oldlol:

Kawhi was head and shoulders above Bron last season and this season.

bizil
10-25-2019, 02:51 PM
prime is peak, dingleberry

I see you are a slow poke too! LMAO When it comes to players who have been great for 10 years or more, it's not that simple DUMBASS! As a poster stated on here before:

Peak is a more defined period of time (1-3 years typically), when a player strikes a perfect balance of physical ability and mental understanding of the game.

Prime encompasses a large period of time, where a player can still be improving their mental understanding, or losing their physical abilities... but still playing at a high level, typically in different fashions.

Now go suck a dick short bus ass dude!!!

eliteballer
10-25-2019, 04:13 PM

:eek:

Manny98
10-25-2019, 06:51 PM
1. KD
2. Kawhi
3. Giannis
4. Kyrie
5. Curry
6. AD
7. LeBron
8. Fraud
9. PG