PDA

View Full Version : Clippers are unfare just like the 2017 Warriors

juju151111
10-24-2019, 10:53 PM
When PG returns their Defense will be absolutely ridiculous. They already had decent offense Last year and they added to Superstar 25+ players:roll: :roll: .

Beverly=great defender
PG=All world defender best Perimeter defender Last year
Kawhi Leonard=All world defender
Manziel=decent
Zubac=Good defender and amazing length.:roll:

highwhey
10-24-2019, 10:54 PM
clearly the favorites.

this is coming from a lebron fan, the lakers aren't winning shit. i'd be surprised if they can beat the nuggets or jazz in the playoffs.

72-10
10-24-2019, 10:56 PM
other team is way over payroll just like the dubs were for four years or whatever thet fvck it was

imdaman99
10-24-2019, 11:14 PM
It's true. Plus they have an elite scorer coming off the bench that lit up the Duranted Warriors last year. Cannot root for them.

DoctorP
10-24-2019, 11:26 PM
damn id love to see this clipper team against last years warriors. oh well

DMAVS41
10-24-2019, 11:28 PM
Not even close to as unfair...and they pretty clearly have the best team in the league imo.

Which should illustrate just how stupid the Warriors actually were.

juju151111
10-24-2019, 11:30 PM
Not even close to as unfair...and they pretty clearly have the best team in the league imo.

Which should illustrate just how stupid the Warriors actually were.
It will be unfair when PG comes back.

DoctorP
10-24-2019, 11:31 PM

unless he somehow fs it all up somehow

DMAVS41
10-24-2019, 11:32 PM

Whether it will be or not isn't my point.

It is that it won't be at the level of the Warriors when they added Durant.

DoctorP
10-24-2019, 11:32 PM

they clearly would give them a challenge

juju151111
10-24-2019, 11:34 PM

I disagree thats a 7 game series going down to the wire.

DMAVS41
10-24-2019, 11:37 PM
they clearly would give them a challenge

And so did the Rockets.

Does that make the Rockets also unfair to the league?

DMAVS41
10-24-2019, 11:38 PM
I disagree thats a 7 game series going down to the wire.

That isn't my point.

See above...Rockets actually did push them to 7 and series went down to the wire.

Nobody would argue the Rockets were unfair.

:confusedshrug:

FreezingTsmoove
10-24-2019, 11:39 PM
A defensive super team winning the chip is good for the league

juju151111
10-24-2019, 11:39 PM
That isn't my point.

See above...Rockets actually did push them to 7 and series went down to the wire.

Nobody would argue the Rockets were unfair.

:confusedshrug:
What in blue hell are you talking? Warriors lost 1 playoff game in 2017

DMAVS41
10-24-2019, 11:42 PM
What in blue hell are you talking? Warriors lost 1 playoff gane in 2017

I'm talking about them with Durant overall.

They weren't some drastically different team year to year...

Also, there are way better teams in the league right now than in 17 if we want to talk about only one specific year...so it is a really bad comparison.

Clippers are going to be clearly worse...and they will be playing clearly superior competition.

Nothing about this Clippers team is unfair.

DoctorP
10-24-2019, 11:45 PM
And so did the Rockets.

hmm. dunno what you are getting at here, buddy. Rockets were really good that year. Almost as good as an...unfair team, I guess?

Im confused now.

My brains busted

DMAVS41
10-24-2019, 11:48 PM
hmm. dunno what you are getting at here, buddy. Rockets were really good that year. Almost as good as an...unfair team, I guess?

Im confused now.

My brains busted

I agree the Rockets were really good.

But now really good teams are labeled "unfair"??????

The Warriors had a collection of talent that is pretty much unmatched in modern NBA history.

To argue that this Clippers team is so good that it is unfair for the league is ****ing absurd.

:facepalm

DoctorP
10-24-2019, 11:50 PM
I agree the Rockets were really good.

But now really good teams are labeled "unfair"??????

The Warriors had a collection of talent that is pretty much unmatched in modern NBA history.

To argue that this Clippers team is so good that it is unfair for the league is ****ing absurd.

:facepalm

i agree. do you think the Warrior team was unfair tho?

juju151111
10-24-2019, 11:52 PM

Also, there are way better teams in the league right now than in 17 if we want to talk about only one specific year...so it is a really bad comparison.

Clippers are going to be clearly worse...and they will be playing clearly superior competition.

This thread about the 2017 Warrior's, which was is a top 5 team of alltime. When Durant was playing best defense of his career and their bench was still great and Iggy and Shaun was still decent and not ultra old.

No team in the league is taking 2017 Warriors to 7 games today other maybe this Clippers team at full strength.:roll:

DoctorP
10-24-2019, 11:55 PM
This thread about the 2017 Warrior's, which was is a top 5 team of alltime. When Durant was playing best defense of his career and their bench was still great and Iggy and Shaun was still decent and not ultra old.

No team in the league is taking 2017 Warriors to 7 games today other maybe this Clippers team at full strength.:roll:

yea thats what im sayin tho

this team , after 2 games, looks gangbusters

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 12:07 AM
i agree. do you think the Warrior team was unfair tho?

Yes.

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 12:08 AM

Again, that is a terrible comparison.

This Clippers team is nowhere near as good as the Warriors were and there is no reason to think they will be.

In addition, the current competition is way better than it was in 17.

So, no, this Clippers team isn't on par with the 17 Warriors and they aren't remotely "unfair" for the league because they are going to be playing way better competition.

Sorry.

In 17, if someone said...I'll give you even odds to bet on the Warriors to win the title. You'd probably put everything you have on it given how much of a sure thing it was.

This year? You really gonna do the same? Of course not.. Rockets/Jazz/Nuggets/Sixers/Bucks...the Lakers...just a move away from being right there if a couple of those teams aren't already.

The disparity just isn't there. Prime Kevin Durant joined a proven championship team...a team that won 73 games the year before. Sorry, but there is no reason...especially 2 games in...to think this is that at all.

DoctorP
10-25-2019, 12:09 AM
Yes.

ok then :cheers:

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 12:14 AM
ok then :cheers:

Yes, the Warriors were unfair.

These Clippers are not.

Comparing the two...especially after 2 games...is absurd on its own...then factor in the clear better competition that these Clippers will face just makes it stupid.

DoctorP
10-25-2019, 12:15 AM
Yes, the Warriors were unfair.

These Clippers are not.

Comparing the two...especially after 2 games...is absurd on its own...then factor in the clear better competition that these Clippers will face just makes it stupid.

ok. i still wanna see this clipper team with George. if he Fs up the chemistry... forget it they will be worse for sure

juju151111
10-25-2019, 12:15 AM
Again, that is a terrible comparison.

This Clippers team is nowhere near as good as the Warriors were and there is no reason to think they will be.

In addition, the current competition is way better than it was in 17.

So, no, this Clippers team isn't on par with the 17 Warriors and they aren't remotely "unfair" for the league because they are going to be playing way better competition.

Sorry.
The depth and Talent is there and i think their defense can be better than 2017 Warrior's. Their offense from the bench i also think is superior. I think if they are healthy mostly they can have one of the best seasons ever.

Doranku
10-25-2019, 12:16 AM
I mean, this Clippers team would beat the 2017 Warriors in a series. Kawhi would've done it in SA with a bunch of corpses if he didn't get injured.

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 12:17 AM
ok. i still wanna see this clipper team with George. if he Fs up the chemistry... forget it they will be worse for sure

We all want to see it, but I think you guys are severely undervaluing just how absurd it was for the Warriors to add Durant.

You guys are watching the best team in the league after a couple games...and I'm very high on the Clippers and think they are clearly the best...and turning them into arguably a top 5 team of all-time by comparing them to those Warriors teams.

It is just nonsense at this point.

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 12:18 AM
The depth and Talent is there and i think their defense can be better than 2017 Warrior's. Their offense from the bench i also think is superior. I think if they are healthy mostly they can have one of the best seasons ever.

Even if I were to agree with all that...

How would that make them unfair?

juju151111
10-25-2019, 12:20 AM
He not going to mess up the chemistry. They will just have a adjustment period like KD and Curry did, but they had so much talent their adjustment peried they were still winning. Lol:roll: thats how ridiculous the 2017 Warriors was and they won 67 ganes with Durant missing 20 of them.

DoctorP
10-25-2019, 12:23 AM
He not going to mess up the chemistry. They will just have a adjustment period like KD and Curry did, but they had so much talent their adjustment peried they were still winning. Lol:roll: thats how ridiculous the 2017 Warriors was and they won 67 ganes with Durant missing 20 of them.

yaaa, but he missed the preseason and then hes not going to kum off the bench so we have to see what happenz tho

juju151111
10-25-2019, 12:24 AM
Even if I were to agree with all that...

How would that make them unfair?
Unfair meaning they going to tear this league apart. In terms of point differential, Drating, Offensive efficiency and record. Which is what puts these teams at this level.

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 12:28 AM
Unfair meaning they going to tear this league apart. In terms of point differential, Drating, Offensive efficiency and record. Which is what puts these teams at this level.

That doesn't do enough in my view to call a team unfair. An unfair team is one like the Warriors with Durant and Shaq/Kobe Lakers...teams you'd bet just about anything on that they'd win the title at their peak years.

Do you consider the 14 Spurs, for example, unfair?

Doranku
10-25-2019, 12:31 AM
That doesn't do enough in my view to call a team unfair. An unfair team is one like the Warriors with Durant and Shaq/Kobe Lakers...teams you'd bet just about anything on that they'd win the title at their peak years.

Yes. For the same reason the '20 Clippers are unfair.

Kawhi Leonard. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 12:32 AM
Yes. For the same reason the '20 Clippers are unfair.

Kawhi Leonard. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

You better be playing them up as a Lakers fan to tear them down when they lose or something.

Uncle Drew
10-25-2019, 12:34 AM
Unfare.

dreamwarrior
10-25-2019, 12:36 AM
Lakers will also have an unfair amount of talent once Rondo returns

juju151111
10-25-2019, 12:40 AM

No lol and i consider them unfair because Kawhi on the team alone gives them a shot at Winning the championship, than adding another top 5 player on that is crazy.

Doranku
10-25-2019, 12:41 AM
You better be playing them up as a Lakers fan to tear them down when they lose or something.
:lol I'm just messing around. I was trashing the Clippers before the season started. Tuesday night was a bit discouraging but I still think the Lakers have the weapons to beat them in a playoff series.

Kawhi is genuinely terrifying though.

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 12:43 AM
No lol and i consider them unfair because Kawhi on the team alone gives them a shot at Winning the championship, than adding another top 5 player on that is crazy.

Well, the 14 Spurs check a lot of the boxes you listed above. How about the 08 Celtics?

Yea, it seems we all agree that the Clippers are the best team and could potentially put up an all-time great season.

I'm just not understanding how that makes them "unfair" when the competition is as good as it is...just in the conference.

Treating them, especially now, as a team so good that it would be shocking if they didn't win the title easily is pretty absurd...I don't think you are following just how crazy it is to compare them favorably to one of the best teams of all time...that was already proven as well....and said team played what will almost for sure be much easier competition.

juju151111
10-25-2019, 12:51 AM
Well, the 14 Spurs check a lot of the boxes you listed above. How about the 08 Celtics?

Yea, it seems we all agree that the Clippers are the best team and could potentially put up an all-time great season.

I'm just not understanding how that makes them "unfair" when the competition is as good as it is...just in the conference.

Treating them, especially now, as a team so good that it would be shocking if they didn't win the title easily is pretty absurd...I don't think you are following just how crazy it is to compare them favorably to one of the best teams of all time...that was already proven as well....and said team played what will almost for sure be much easier competition.
Lmao no they do not check those Boxes the hell are you talking about:roll: :facepalm They do not have the talent or Depth of this team. 2014 spurs are just a good team. They don't even make the top 10

juju151111
10-25-2019, 12:52 AM

Just like people new 2017 Warriors was going to be absurd before it happened. Clippers if relatively healthy can do the same.

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 01:03 AM
Lmao no they do not check those Boxes the hell are you talking about:roll: :facepalm They do not have the talent or Depth of this team. 2014 spurs are just a good team. They don't even make the top 10

You didn't mention anything about talent or depth..you said;

I'm just trying to understand what you consider unfair.

The Spurs had the best record, the best SRS, the best net rating...an elite defense...and a really good to great offense...especially towards the end of the year.

Then they won the title. That does check a lot of what you listed...hence why I asked a clarifying question about what definitions you are using.

I then asked about the 08 Celtics. They have the talent and they check those boxes...66 wins, best SRS, best net rating, best defense...etc.

Were they unfair?

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 01:05 AM
Just like people new 2017 Warriors was going to be absurd before it happened. Clippers if relatively healthy can do the same.

Even if they were to be exactly as good as the 17 Warriors...I'm not even sure that gets you to unfair given the level of likely competition this year.

There is a reason why the Warriors were like -130 to win the title back then and the Clippers entered the year at something around +400 last time I checked.

Reason is simple...Clippers don't have the same level of players and the competition is better.

knicksman
10-25-2019, 01:05 AM

Youre still bitching about this bro? Move on. Kawhi has already proven how superior his playing style over lebron. Even if he is a lesser version of kawhi, were still taking durant over lebron any day of the week. Youre not convincing anyone anymore so move on.

Jay-B
10-25-2019, 01:06 AM
They look scarey good but it

juju151111
10-25-2019, 01:07 AM
You didn't mention anything about talent or depth..you said;

I'm just trying to understand what you consider unfair.

The Spurs had the best record, the best SRS, the best net rating...an elite defense...and a really good to great offense...especially towards the end of the year.

Then they won the title. That does check a lot of what you listed...hence why I asked a clarifying question about what definitions you are using.

I then asked about the 08 Celtics. They have the talent and they check those boxes...66 wins, best SRS, best net rating, best defense...etc.

Were they unfair?
You realize when i say those things i mean alltime right? Im saying the combination of those things compared to alltime teams. Their are 10 teams that check those boxes better then the 14 spurs.

3ball
10-25-2019, 01:08 AM
I honestly don't think the Lakers will be any good because AD can't really dominate, and Lebron is old.. they're done..

AD is a guard in a big's body and he has small hands - he can be pushed around and just isn't dominant

It's pretty cool

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 01:14 AM
You realize when i say those things i mean alltime right? Im saying the combination of those things compared to alltime teams. Their are 10 teams that check those boxes better then the 14 spurs.

LOL...no, you didn't...I even quoted you.

Regardless, you aren't following along...I'm not arguing for the 14 Spurs...I'm showing you that the criteria you listed isn't eough to get to unfair...which you seem to agree with.

You are using a term "unfair" that should be reserved to absurdly stacked teams relative to the rest of the league...and while anything is possible...there are not good reasons to believe the rest of the league is drawing dead against these Clippers in a similar fashion to the 17 Warriors.

Again, just on the championship odds alone your statements don't make any sense.

And, I'd imagine this Clippers team wins about 65 games and then goes something like 16-5 in the playoffs to win the title.

I just don't see how that makes them any more unfair than so many teams in NBA history when the competition is likely to be this good.

juju151111
10-25-2019, 01:18 AM
LOL...no, you didn't...I even quoted you.

Regardless, you aren't following along...I'm not arguing for the 14 Spurs...I'm showing you that the criteria you listed isn't eough to get to unfair...which you seem to agree with.

You are using a term "unfair" that should be reserved to absurdly stacked teams relative to the rest of the league...and while anything is possible...there are not good reasons to believe the rest of the league is drawing dead against these Clippers in a similar fashion to the 17 Warriors.

Again, just on the championship odds alone your statements don't make any sense.

And, I'd imagine this Clippers team wins about 65 games and then goes something like 16-5 in the playoffs to win the title.

I just don't see how that makes them any more unfair than so many teams in NBA history when the competition is likely to be this good.
Bro look at the context of the thread. Im talking about All time team.
Yes my criteria is enough when you realize im saying compared to all time teams.

This is why Point differential and other stuff matters.

DoctorP
10-25-2019, 01:19 AM
life is unfare.

yeaaaman
10-25-2019, 01:20 AM
We all want to see it, but I think you guys are severely undervaluing just how absurd it was for the Warriors to add Durant.

You guys are watching the best team in the league after a couple games...and I'm very high on the Clippers and think they are clearly the best...and turning them into arguably a top 5 team of all-time by comparing them to those Warriors teams.

It is just nonsense at this point.

It's ish, people have short term memory. We haven't seen this team do anything but win two games, We've seen the Warriors over a number of years and how dominant they were. I'd take my time before crowning these guys as the best team ever, which is also what some morons in my opinion, did with the Warriors. Again, knee-jerk.

Clippers look great but we don't know what will happen over an 82-game season, and a playoff series. Every year is different. But that's what makes it great, we get to sit back and watch and enjoy the ride

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 01:22 AM
It's ish, people have short term memory. We haven't seen this team do anything but win two games, We've seen the Warriors over a number of years and how dominant they were. I'd take my time before crowning these guys as the best team ever, which is also what some morons in my opinion, did with the Warriors. Again, knee-jerk.

Clippers look great but we don't know what will happen over an 82-game season, and a playoff series. Every year is different. But that's what makes it great, we get to sit back and watch and enjoy the ride

Right, at least with the Warriors...they added Durant to a proven dynasty level core that had already won a title and set the regular season wins record...and didn't have the same level of competition.

I think these Clippers will be great. I think they'll win the title. I don't see any reason to believe they will be so good it is unfair to the rest of the league.

Simple as that.

DoctorP
10-25-2019, 01:23 AM
Right, at least with the Warriors...they added Durant to a proven dynasty level core that had already won a title and set the regular season wins record...and didn't have the same level of competition.

I think these Clippers will be great. I think they'll win the title. I don't see any reason to believe they will be so good it is unfair to the rest of the league.

Simple as that.
:cheers:

yeaaaman
10-25-2019, 01:28 AM
I honestly don't think the Lakers will be any good because AD can't really dominate, and Lebron is old.. they're done..

AD is a guard in a big's body and he has small hands - he can be pushed around and just isn't dominant

It's pretty cool

He could put up another great year of stats but I need to see him do something in the playoffs. I haven't been on the AD bandwagon like a lot of people, including Stephen A Smith who like an idiot seemS to love to say Giannis or kawhi isn't the best player in the league and that Anthony Davis has an argument over them when he hasn't done sht.

I always saw him as a souped-up version of Karl Anthony Towns which is cool and all but never really as a winner.

As for LeBron you never know what will happen in the playoffs because that's a different level but it's pretty delusional for fans to continue to think he would be the hands-down best player of the league this deep into his career when he doesn't have refined skills on the offensive end like an MJ, Kobe or Durant. Yeah he's really smart but I was calling it a while back, you see the difficulty he has finishing at the rim since he can't blow by defenders and just power through them with sheer athleticism. He was always an all time finisher with both hands but his athletic ability took him to another level.

yeaaaman
10-25-2019, 01:34 AM

Simple as that.

Exactly, that's pretty much how I see it. Even if the Warriors had the same level of competition we're understating how good they were. Like you said all time regular season wins records with the best and maybe 5th best shooter ever? Top-10 no doubt.

You can't understate how devastating that is, we're talking 37 points in 1 quarter from the third option. Then you add in KD to the mix, one of the best scorers of all-time. That's 3 guys who are near the best ever at a given part of the game and a all-world defnder in Green. The Clippers have a lot to prove to stack up against those guys.

Smoke117
10-25-2019, 01:40 AM

Paul George has only been a top 10 player once and that was last season. We don't know if that will be the norm or an outlier for him going forward. He still has to prove it on a consistent basis. Saying he was a top 5 player is just plain nonsense, though.

3ball
10-25-2019, 01:50 AM
He could put up another great year of stats but I need to see him do something in the playoffs. I haven't been on the AD bandwagon like a lot of people, including Stephen A Smith who like an idiot seemS to love to say Giannis or kawhi isn't the best player in the league and that Anthony Davis has an argument over them when he hasn't done sht.

I always saw him as a souped-up version of Karl Anthony Towns which is cool and all but never really as a winner.

As for LeBron you never know what will happen in the playoffs because that's a different level but it's pretty delusional for fans to continue to think he would be the hands-down best player of the league this deep into his career when he doesn't have refined skills on the offensive end like an MJ, Kobe or Durant. Yeah he's really smart but I was calling it a while back, you see the difficulty he has finishing at the rim since he can't blow by defenders and just power through them with sheer athleticism. He was always an all time finisher with both hands but his athletic ability took him to another level.
I watched the highlights from Game 1 and AD was having to work way too hard - laboring with hard dribbles on the post to maintain position and looking soft tbh

A truly dominant big makes it look easy on the block.. they easily back their man down and drop the ball in the rim.. But AD has small hands and actually shoots 3 foot floaters like a guard over the defender, and that's after exerting a lot of effort to make a post move..

I thought AD was more dominant than that, so I'm way down on the Lakers - I don't think that can win.. I don't think AD requires a double team or any adjustments - just play him straight up like you would any lightweight post player - he won't get deep position and he can't score easily on his man consistently.. he has to work way too hard down there and his real strength is off-ball as a play-finisher, but those opportunities dry up as the game gets tighter and the stakes are raised

Maybe Kuzma is that quick-hitter scorer that will unlock the Laker's offense and force adjustments in the defense.. maybe he can be the quick-hitter scorer they need to get defenses on their heels and allow the Lakers to put more pressure on the opponent then they face themselves.. It's possible, and that's what they need because neither AD or Lebron can beat their man quickly or score consistently via catch-and-shoot

sammichoffate
10-25-2019, 02:24 AM
A 48 win playoff team added two MVP caliber players in one offseason. Are they unfair relative to the rest of the league? No, there's several teams that could beat them in 7 games. Compared to GS in 2017, they damn near swept the entire PO's to a title and hit 67 wins w/o breaking a sweat.

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 03:18 AM
Bro look at the context of the thread. Im talking about All time team.
Yes my criteria is enough when you realize im saying compared to all time teams.

This is why Point differential and other stuff matters.

The 08 Celtics had nearly the same point differential and all that other stuff similar to the Warriors.

Best record, best net rating, best defense...talent...66 wins...won a title...etc.

We really going to pretend that they were so good it was unfair?

Shit, I mean...the 16 Spurs probably had one of the 10 or so best regular seasons ever.

15 Warriors...same thing...are we going to label them so good it was unfair?

67 wins, elite offense, elite defense, all-time great SRS and point differential...etc.

Based on your criteria...how were the 15 Warriors not unfair?

Again, I get you think this Clippers team is great, but I don't think you understand just what they'd have to do to earn the label of unfair. Possible? Yes, anything is possible.

However, if they win 67 games, have the 2nd best offense, the best defense, and all-time great SRS/Point differential...and dominate the playoffs...they are just the 15 Warriors. A great team...of course, but nobody would ever call that team so good it was unfair to the rest of the league.

So, if you are saying that you think the Clippers will have demonstrably better numbers across the board and dominate even more in the playoffs. Then I'll agree...if the Clippers win like 70 games, put up historic metrics, and completely dominate the playoffs by going 16-2 or something. Then, by all means call them unfair because they'd be a top 10 ever.

Is that your expectation for them?

ArbitraryWater
10-25-2019, 03:18 AM
And so did the Rockets.

Agreed.

They will be extremely stacked and the most stacked team in the NBA, but I don't wanna call them unfair.

It's not 4 stars. It's 2 superstars and amazing depth which also fits all around.

ronniec
10-25-2019, 10:52 AM
Lebron teaming up with Wade and Bosh
KD teaming up with Curry and Klay and Green

Kawhi and PG joining the Patrick Beverly and Lou Williams is not in the same magnitude at all, period.

jayfan
10-25-2019, 11:05 AM
Just imagine if they had signed Kawhi without the Paul George trade.

You'd see everyone you see on the floor now, plus SGA and Gallinari.

And the team would still have all those draft picks they gave to OKC.

I'm pissed at Kawhi for demanding PG, to be honest. Unnecessary & shortsighted.

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 11:09 AM
Just imagine if they had signed Kawhi without the Paul George trade.

You'd see everyone you see on the floor now, plus SGA and Gallinari.

And the team would still have all those draft picks they gave to OKC.

I'm pissed at Kawhi for demanding PG, to be honest. Unnecessary & shortsighted.

I understand the point...and I might not even disagree with it, but I do think moving Gallo and the picks, at least, to improve the team was the right move.

SGA is awesome though...and one could make an argument that SGA + what the Clippers could have gotten for Gallo/Picks would be better than what PG brings.

juju151111
10-25-2019, 11:19 AM
The 08 Celtics had nearly the same point differential and all that other stuff similar to the Warriors.

Best record, best net rating, best defense...talent...66 wins...won a title...etc.

We really going to pretend that they were so good it was unfair?

Shit, I mean...the 16 Spurs probably had one of the 10 or so best regular seasons ever.

15 Warriors...same thing...are we going to label them so good it was unfair?

67 wins, elite offense, elite defense, all-time great SRS and point differential...etc.

Based on your criteria...how were the 15 Warriors not unfair?

Again, I get you think this Clippers team is great, but I don't think you understand just what they'd have to do to earn the label of unfair. Possible? Yes, anything is possible.

However, if they win 67 games, have the 2nd best offense, the best defense, and all-time great SRS/Point differential...and dominate the playoffs...they are just the 15 Warriors. A great team...of course, but nobody would ever call that team so good it was unfair to the rest of the league.

So, if you are saying that you think the Clippers will have demonstrably better numbers across the board and dominate even more in the playoffs. Then I'll agree...if the Clippers win like 70 games, put up historic metrics, and completely dominate the playoffs by going 16-2 or something. Then, by all means call them unfair because they'd be a top 10 ever.

Is that your expectation for them?
No the Celtics did not have Point differential,Record, playoff success dominance, etc.....has the 2017 Warriors. Why do you keep talking nonesense.

It wasn't unfair because they wasn't that good. They were a decent team. Like i said i am comparing them to All time rating.

The 2017 Warriors are tied with 1987 Lakers has the best offensive rated Team ever. This was with Durant missing 20 Games. Stop comparing freaking 2014 Spurs with them :roll: :roll: They don't even have a top 30 Offense of all time :facepalm :biggums: :hammerhead: They were one of the most efficient team ever with arguably their best player missing 20 games

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 11:28 AM
No the Celtics did not have Point differential,Record, playoff success dominance, etc.....has the 2017 Warriors. Why do you keep talking nonesense.

It wasn't unfair because they wasn't that good. They were a decent team. Like i said i am comparing them to All time rating.

The 2017 Warriors are tied with 1987 Lakers has the best offensive rated Team ever. This was with Durant missing 20 Games. Stop comparing freaking 2014 Spurs with them :roll: :roll: They don't even have a top 30 Offense of all time :facepalm :biggums: :hammerhead: They were one of the most efficient team ever with arguably their best player missing 20 games

You aren't following along.

I'm not comparing those teams to the Warriors you clown. I'm using your listed criteria to show you how stupid it is to go off that because too many teams would qualify.

And, if this is all results oriented...you can't call the Clippers unfair until after the fact. Which in turn shows you they aren't unfair because we didn't need to see any games out of the Warriors to know it was absurdly unfair relative to the rest of the league.

I'll repeat it again, I'm not comparing the Spurs or Celtics or 15 Warriors to the Durant Warriors. I'm bringing them up to show you how limited your criteria is.

The idiotic thing currently is you telling us that this Clippers team is on par with the Durant Warriors after 2 games. Sorry...

RealSkipBayless
10-25-2019, 11:29 AM
Who lied and told OP that Zubac is good on defense?

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 11:33 AM
Lebron teaming up with Wade and Bosh
KD teaming up with Curry and Klay and Green

Kawhi and PG joining the Patrick Beverly and Lou Williams is not in the same magnitude at all, period.

This.

ArbitraryWater
10-25-2019, 11:57 AM
I dont remember OP this ignorant in debates tbh

juju151111
10-25-2019, 12:18 PM
You aren't following along.

I'm not comparing those teams to the Warriors you clown. I'm using your listed criteria to show you how stupid it is to go off that because too many teams would qualify.

And, if this is all results oriented...you can't call the Clippers unfair until after the fact. Which in turn shows you they aren't unfair because we didn't need to see any games out of the Warriors to know it was absurdly unfair relative to the rest of the league.

I'll repeat it again, I'm not comparing the Spurs or Celtics or 15 Warriors to the Durant Warriors. I'm bringing them up to show you how limited your criteria is.

The idiotic thing currently is you telling us that this Clippers team is on par with the Durant Warriors after 2 games. Sorry...
Then stop talking to me then. Im comparing the Clippers to All time teams that is why i made the thread referencing Warrior's a top 5 team of Alltime. I see the same unfairness i saw before the 2017 season started. This team is ridiculous loaded even before PG comes back.

juju151111
10-25-2019, 12:19 PM
Who lied and told OP that Zubac is good on defense?
Who lied to you to think he is bad on defense?

juju151111
10-25-2019, 12:19 PM
I dont remember OP this ignorant in debates tbh
How am i being ignorant?

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 12:24 PM
Then stop talking to me then. Im comparing the Clippers to All time teams that is why i made the thread referencing Warrior's a top 5 team of Alltime. I see the same unfairness i saw before the 2017 season started. This team is ridiculous loaded even before PG comes back.

I understand you do...I have literally just tried to ask what your view of "unfair" actually is.

You the listed about of things about tearing the league apart. Then I responded.

These Clippers could win 68 games, have the best defense, the 2nd best offense, an all time great SRS/Net rating...go 16-4 in the playoffs...

And I'm just trying to understand how that makes them "unfair"...

Because the above is just basically what the 15 Warriors did....and we know you don't consider them unfair.

That was my point.

And if it is after the fact like you are claiming...can we at least see this team play half a season before we start comparing them favorably to a top 5 team of all-time that had actually proven shit? Not to mention the likely high-level competition of this year as well compared to 17.

juju151111
10-25-2019, 12:45 PM
I understand you do...I have literally just tried to ask what your view of "unfair" actually is.

You the listed about of things about tearing the league apart. Then I responded.

These Clippers could win 68 games, have the best defense, the 2nd best offense, an all time great SRS/Net rating...go 16-4 in the playoffs...

And I'm just trying to understand how that makes them "unfair"...

Because the above is just basically what the 15 Warriors did....and we know you don't consider them unfair.

That was my point.

And if it is after the fact like you are claiming...can we at least see this team play half a season before we start comparing them favorably to a top 5 team of all-time that had actually proven shit? Not to mention the likely high-level competition of this year as well compared to 17.
When did i say the 15 Warriors were unfair? I said the 2017 Warriors was unfair. Once again i think the Current Clippers will have All time Rating and overall success to put them in discussion of Top 5 teams ever. I dont need to wait to see. Im making a prediction thread, just like people made Prediction thread When Durant first went to GS. People were Saying it would be top 3 team ever has soon has Durant got their.

FireDavidKahn
10-25-2019, 12:48 PM
No fare?

Free admission to Clippers games.

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 12:55 PM
When did i say the 15 Warriors were unfair? I said the 2017 Warriors was unfair. Once again i think the Current Clippers will have All time Rating and overall success to put them in discussion of Top 5 teams ever. I dont need to wait to see. Im making a prediction thread, just like people made Prediction thread When Durant first went to GS. People were Saying it would be top 3 team ever has soon has Durant got their.

I never said you did.

I simply said that this Clippers team could essentially dominate the league...but that probably only puts them in the class of the 15 Warriors.

15 Warriors:

One of only two teams in NBA history to have a SRS over 10, offensive rating over 111, and a defensive rating under 102. The other team is the 96 Bulls.

The 15 Warriors won 67 games and then went 16-5 in the playoffs.

That team also faced worse competition than these Clippers are likely to face in both Western Conference Playoffs and the Finals.

My issue with you is not the Clippers being a great team or even an all-time great team...

My issue is that you are using the word "unfair" improperly and I don't think you will be consistent.

I'd imagine if the Clippers do the exact thing the 15 Warriors did basically...you'll be saying you were right...and I don't think that would be true.

juju151111
10-25-2019, 01:22 PM
I never said you did.

I simply said that this Clippers team could essentially dominate the league...but that probably only puts them in the class of the 15 Warriors.

15 Warriors:

One of only two teams in NBA history to have a SRS over 10, offensive rating over 111, and a defensive rating under 102. The other team is the 96 Bulls.

The 15 Warriors won 67 games and then went 16-5 in the playoffs.

That team also faced worse competition than these Clippers are likely to face in both Western Conference Playoffs and the Finals.

My issue with you is not the Clippers being a great team or even an all-time great team...

My issue is that you are using the word "unfair" improperly and I don't think you will be consistent.

I'd imagine if the Clippers do the exact thing the 15 Warriors did basically...you'll be saying you were right...and I don't think that would be true.
No i won't say i was right if they are just another 60+ win team with all those things you listed. This is the reason i said unfair because i expect them to be unfair like the Warrior's was.

stalkerforlife
10-25-2019, 01:23 PM
No, they're not.

And they're not even unfair like Bran's super teams.

Nice try.

Won't work, Bransvestites.

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 01:28 PM
No i won't say i was right if they are just another 60+ win team with all those things you listed. This is the reason i said unfair because i expect them to be unfair like the Warrior's was.

Just another team that did something only one other team in NBA history did?

Like I said...these defnitions seem arbitrary...especially if we are going to do after the fact.

tontoz
10-25-2019, 02:25 PM
Less luck involved with the Clippers. GS was able to resign Curry to a reasonable deal due to his foot problems. Then they were able to sign Durant because the cap went up huge.

The Clippers were put together solely by making smart moves.

juju151111
10-25-2019, 02:28 PM
Just another team that did something only one other team in NBA history did?

Like I said...these defnitions seem arbitrary...especially if we are going to do after the fact.
We will see bro.

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 02:31 PM
We will see bro.

But we won't because it is arbitrary for you.

You just told me the 15 Warriors don't qualify...and they did something on the criteria you listed that only one other team in NBA history did.

And that other team is on the shortlist of greatest team ever...the 96 Bulls.

ROCSteady
10-25-2019, 03:08 PM
clearly the favorites.

this is coming from a lebron fan, the lakers aren't winning shit. i'd be surprised if they can beat the nuggets or jazz in the playoffs.

Unfortunately this is the way I feel
About it now that the season started smh oh well. We

MJistheGOAT
10-25-2019, 03:12 PM
Jerry West is a genius.

Agree on the benefit for the league on a super defensive team winning the ring.

sportjames23
10-25-2019, 05:03 PM
No, they're not.

And they're not even unfair like Bran's super teams.

Nice try.

Won't work, Bransvestites.

They really trying, ain

scuzzy
10-25-2019, 05:08 PM
Kobe fans found a new squad! :lebronamazed:

Poor Steph, 'passing of the torch' :yaohappy:

juju151111
10-25-2019, 06:06 PM
But we won't because it is arbitrary for you.

You just told me the 15 Warriors don't qualify...and they did something on the criteria you listed that only one other team in NBA history did.

And that other team is on the shortlist of greatest team ever...the 96 Bulls.
Yes we will see if they are comparable to Greatest teams of all time. The teams you listed does not have the dominance of 2017 Warriors or even close. The 15 Warriors don't compare to 17 Warriors.

tpols
10-25-2019, 06:19 PM
they have two 6MOY, an MVP & ATG, and a two way all NBA sidekick.

theyre gonna shit on the league.

DMAVS41
10-25-2019, 06:22 PM
Yes we will see if they are comparable to Greatest teams of all time. The teams you listed does not have the dominance of 2017 Warriors or even close. The 15 Warriors don't compare to 17 Warriors.

I'll quote you again;

So a team that won 67 games, dominated the playoffs, and is one of two teams in NBA history to have over 10 SRS, over 111 ortg, and under 102 drtg....

Point differential? Check
SRS? Check
ORTG? Check
DRTG? Check
Wins? Check
Playoff Dominance? Check

Doesn't fit the above criteria? It goes through each thing you listed and more.

You literally can't even stay consistent on your fake criteria that you listed when I asked you what the **** you think the word unfair means.

Unfair is not synonymous with all-time great...just so you know. Unfair has to relate to the rest of the league in some way...because you could have two top 5 teams of all-time existing in the same NBA season.

Replay32
10-25-2019, 06:23 PM
They are very talented. They are also hitting their shots as a team at a unreal rate. IMO, that won't last. They are playing harder than everyone else too. Let's see if they can maintain this level of intensity for 82 games, without injuries and wearing down. Will Doc have load management for his stars? After 2 games they look unbeatable, but we just have to see what happens as the season goes on.

Loco 50
10-25-2019, 06:45 PM
They are super talented at the top and have a deep bench with plenty of guys with really good motors that will push each other every day.

They've got this in the bag unless injuries strike.

Street hunger 100% undefeated.

Whereas, the Lakers are soft and prone to bathe in the glory of small successes. Actually, it's probably good for them that they got their ass handed to them so early in the season so they actually maintain some sort of focus.

Clock is always ticking on their next injury to Lebron or AD though.

tpols
10-25-2019, 07:54 PM
They are very talented. They are also hitting their shots as a team at a unreal rate. IMO, that won't last. They are playing harder than everyone else too. Let's see if they can maintain this level of intensity for 82 games, without injuries and wearing down. Will Doc have load management for his stars? After 2 games they look unbeatable, but we just have to see what happens as the season goes on.

why is that a surprise?

patrick beverly and harrell are two of the best hustlers and hard playin players in the league. Now you add kawhi and paul george to the mix what exactly is gonna change?

IMO theyre better than the original splash bros because their combined defense is much better, and theyre way bigger and dont rely on 3 pt avalanches, but are also still supreme shooters.

it's a deadly mix.

They have everything and more.

Replay32
10-25-2019, 08:17 PM
why is that a surprise?

patrick beverly and harrell are two of the best hustlers and hard playin players in the league. Now you add kawhi and paul george to the mix what exactly is gonna change?

IMO theyre better than the original splash bros because their combined defense is much better, and theyre way bigger and dont rely on 3 pt avalanches, but are also still supreme shooters.

it's a deadly mix.

They have everything and more.

Didn't say it was a surprise. Just questioning if they will suffer injuries and wear down with that all out effort all season. Kawhi and PG aren't exactly iron men. Last few games of the playoffs Kawhi was limping up and down the court and that was with a regular season of load management. We just have to see what happens.