PDA

View Full Version : Mavs need to try for Gallo and Adams

90sgoat
10-26-2019, 10:39 AM
Both these guys would absolutely be massive for Mavs.

Gallo would put Mavs into league leading offense with his experience, post play, shooting.

Adams would allow Zingis to rest and sit out more without the defense turning to shit. He is also greatly suited to pnr with Luka.

I have no idea how Mavs would get either, but they're "available" on the tanking OKC, so you need to explore options here.

It's got to be THJ and his next year off the book contract that is in play here. I'm also thinking that Justin Jackson could be someone OKC are interested in. He has a lot of offensive potential. Package up Courtney Lee, THJ and Justin Jackson for either of those guys. Should be possible.

DMAVS41
10-26-2019, 11:03 AM
Both these guys would absolutely be massive for Mavs.

Gallo would put Mavs into league leading offense with his experience, post play, shooting.

Adams would allow Zingis to rest and sit out more without the defense turning to shit. He is also greatly suited to pnr with Luka.

I have no idea how Mavs would get either, but they're "available" on the tanking OKC, so you need to explore options here.

It's got to be THJ and his next year off the book contract that is in play here. I'm also thinking that Justin Jackson could be someone OKC are interested in. He has a lot of offensive potential. Package up Courtney Lee, THJ and Justin Jackson for either of those guys. Should be possible.

I like Gallo, but we don't really have any assets. Even if the Thunder just wanted to dump Adams and they'd be willing to give up Gallo for free to make it happen...

Why would they want any of the big salary guys on the Mavs? Gallo is on an expiring contract and has positive trade value...potentially big value to a contending team like the Bucks, for example.

Adams only has this year and next year left...and any deal would have to include Hardaway....so what would the Thunder really be gaining as his contract is on the books for this year and next as well.

It would take a future first-round pick.

Perhaps below could be realistic;

Mavs get Gallo/Adams

Thunder get Powell/Lee/Hardaway/Jackson/2025 first

Problem is, why would the Mavs do that when Gallo is going to get paid this summer?

That is the kind of deal you'd do if you were a contender, not a fringe playoff team with very little chance to win a series this year.

DMAVS41
10-26-2019, 11:17 AM
A deal I think that could happen with some of those guys;

Heat get Paul/Gallo

Thunder get Johnson/Waiters/Leonard/Rondo/KCP (whatever salary is needed)/2 2nd round picks (from Lakers)

Lakers get Dragic

Heat go all in and have a team that could actually make real noise in the East.

Thunder get off Paul's contract, don't take back as much salary or years, and get some picks.

Lakers get a point that is way better for what they want to do than anyone they have on the roster.

LoneyROY7
10-26-2019, 11:34 AM
Can't go wrong when lightening up the Mavs pigmentation pool. :applause: :applause:

r0drig0lac
10-26-2019, 11:54 AM
Can't go wrong when lightening up the Mavs pigmentation pool. :applause: :applause:
:lol

STATUTORY
10-26-2019, 11:58 AM
completely changing the complexion of the team

dirkdiggler41
10-26-2019, 12:54 PM
The team needs more athletic players. Gallo, Luka, Adams, and KP at the court at the same time is too slow. KP at the center spot really gives the Mavs the position advantage because no center can guard KP, while KP can guard a lot of center and play help defense.

ArbitraryWater
10-26-2019, 01:17 PM
completely changing the complexion of the team

:roll: :roll:

DMAVS41
10-26-2019, 01:36 PM
The team needs more athletic players. Gallo, Luka, Adams, and KP at the court at the same time is too slow. KP at the center spot really gives the Mavs the position advantage because no center can guard KP, while KP can guard a lot of center and play help defense.

Agreed, but you wouldn't play Adams and KP minutes together very often...and Gallo at the 4 would be pretty insane offensively.

A closing lineup of something like Luka/Gallo/KP with 2 quality 3/D defenders on the wing would and should scare a lot of teams in the league.

If the Mavs really want to contend for a title in the next few years...they'll have to find a way to get another legit offensive player at least.