PDA

View Full Version : If Kawhi wins another FMVP, does he surpass Hakeem and become top 10 all time?

Kiddlovesnets
10-26-2019, 02:31 PM
So far every player with 3 FMVPs or more are in the top10: MJ, Magic, Duncan, Lebron and Shaq. So if Kawhi wins again, he will have 3 FMVPs, will he make it to top 10 as well? Right now Hakeem is at the #10 spot, do you think Kawhi will surpass Hakeem?

keep-itreal
10-26-2019, 02:34 PM
Absolutely. If he is able to get 1 regular season MVP then there's no debate on this

Kiddlovesnets
10-26-2019, 02:36 PM
Absolutely. If he is able to get 1 regular season MVP then there's no debate on this

Durant had the Chance last season, winning 3-peat FMVP along with a MvP in 2014 is more than enough to make it to top 10. But it didn

SouBeachTalents
10-26-2019, 02:38 PM
So if Willis Reed had won 1 more FMVP, he'd be a top 10 player of all time?

Ainosterhaspie
10-26-2019, 03:00 PM
No. The biggest thing holding him back right now is that he only has three elite seasons under his belt and that might be generous. All the top ten guys were elite for a decade plus and were almost immediately elite players. Kawhii's slow rise to stardom separates him from the top ten guys in the wrong way.

FromDowntown
10-26-2019, 06:11 PM
Kawhi has always played on a superior team with the San Antonio organization then playing on a 60 win team Raptors, and now the stacked Clippers squad. There was a thread already outlined his 2014 Finals MVP isn't worth as much as most others in the top 10. It would be the "least" Finals MVP of all top 10 players by a long shot considering what he produced to win it. I will say he needs more longevity in his game an he needs at least 1 regular season mvps. All top 10 players have at least 1 regular season MVP, and most have 2 or more.

FromDowntown
10-26-2019, 06:11 PM
No. The biggest thing holding him back right now is that he only has three elite seasons under his belt and that might be generous. All the top ten guys were elite for a decade plus and were almost immediately elite players. Kawhii's slow rise to stardom separates him from the top ten guys in the wrong way.

True, basically what I wrote but you write it better than me.

tontoz
10-26-2019, 06:17 PM
Kawhi has 3 All-Star appearances. Hakeem 12.

If Kawhi plays at this level for 5 years, which is certainly possible, then he will have to be considered pretty high in all time rankings.

Kawhi is 28 now. Jordan was 28 when he won his first ring.

Psileas
10-27-2019, 07:19 AM
Some people pretending Kawhi has been a superstar forever, when before '17, he was still in practically no serious superstar discussions (the '14 F.MVP was a "Cedric Maxwell moment", it hardly adds a lot to his legacy). He's not anywhere near Hakeem yet.

Btw, you gotta love how Hakeem has been considered marginal top-10 GOAT since the mid-late 90's and, since then, Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, LeBron have been argued as top 10 GOATs (yeah, I know the current Kobe trends, but you must be below 25 if you think #12 or so is the highest he's ever been generally considered), yet he is still considered marginal top-10. People seem to be completely unwilling to drop him below #10.

Mr Feeny
10-27-2019, 08:01 AM
Some people pretending Kawhi has been a superstar forever, when before '17, he was still in practically no serious superstar discussions (the '14 F.MVP was a "Cedric Maxwell moment", it hardly adds a lot to his legacy). He's not anywhere near Hakeem yet.

Btw, you gotta love how Hakeem has been considered marginal top-10 GOAT since the mid-late 90's and, since then, Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, LeBron have been argued as top 10 GOATs (yeah, I know the current Kobe trends, but you must be below 25 if you think #12 or so is the highest he's ever been generally considered), yet he is still considered marginal top-10. People seem to be completely unwilling to drop him below #10.

Older than 35 and Kobe is nowhere near the top 10.