PDA

View Full Version : Amazing too early to rationally call an "Average" averages this season.

Kblaze8855
10-28-2019, 05:45 AM
Trae young - 39/9/7 59% shooting and 55% from 3

KAT - 32/13/5/3/2

Giannis - 30/15/10/2/2 on 61%

Ingram - 29/7

Brogdan - 26/11 55% shooting 60% from 3

Rose - 25ppg on 65% shooting

Harden 24/10/5 on 23.5% shooting and 12% from 3

Kendrick Nunn - 22 a game 52/42 shooting

Drummond - 22/16

Siakam 29/11

Steph - 23ppg on 40% shooting and 20% from 3

Westbrook - 26/13/10 47% shooting and 40% from 3

Luka - 29/10/7

Kyrie 38/6/6

Nothing like that first week where everyone is sure they have a superstar and that a couple other teams superstars suddenly turned into Khalid El-Amin. Means absolutely nothing but it sure is nice to look at. Like a concept car model that never got produced. Like the Cadillac 16 from like 15 years ago. Lot of beautiful 16 cylinder stats out there to show off this time of year. Not a one of them is ever hitting the street...but you still like to glance over there....

Andrei89
10-28-2019, 05:46 AM
Actually Drummond is definitely the type that can hold a 22/16 statline.

Spurs m8
10-28-2019, 06:00 AM
Kblaze mate, can you please change or organize to change my username to Dejounte m8

I'll keep it for a while, promise

Thanks mate, appreciate your help!!

tontoz
10-28-2019, 11:35 AM
KAT is taking 10 3s per game shooting 52% from 3. :lol

Uncle Drew
10-28-2019, 11:38 AM
Kblaze mate, can you please change or organize to change my username to Dejounte m8

:roll: poor mills m8

red1
10-28-2019, 12:06 PM

:roll:

I don't think you realize just how funny you are :oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
10-28-2019, 12:15 PM
KAT is taking 10 3s per game shooting 52% from 3. :lol
Finally being utilized correctly on offense. He's even added a step back 3 this year... Elite at the 3, elite at long two's, elite mid range, elite in the paint...:eek:

Charlie Sheen
10-28-2019, 12:25 PM
Finally being utilized correctly on offense. He's even added a step back 3 this year... Elite at the 3, elite at long two's, elite mid range, elite in the paint...:eek:
Taking superstars out of the question... who would be your ideal complement to him in the frontcourt?

brooks_thompson
10-28-2019, 12:34 PM
Taking superstars out of the question... who would be your ideal complement to him in the frontcourt?

Paul Millsap circa 2014

FireDavidKahn
10-28-2019, 01:18 PM
I'll even try without going to all-star players. Ideally someone who can play the "4" although it wouldn't be a huge issue.

On offense it honestly isn't too important as virtually anyone can play next to KAT on offense. Ideally someone who has at least a respectable shot but IMO it's more important to have someone who is simply hustles/active and that can play solid defense. Vonleh is that type of player (not talented enough though) even though he isn't suited to be a starter. Good disciplined defensive player who knows what verticality is!

Bell on paper is a potential decent fit next to KAT but that guy is not disciplined whatsoever. He'll make highlight blocks, is athletic as hell but he is kinda but what should we say...dumb?

Brandon Clarke would have almost been the perfect fit because he might just be the most fundamentally sound defender in the league already. His stature will severely limit his upside but his skills and smarts on defense are out of this world. I'm fine passing on him though as this team has a more pressing need of having good wings...more specifically ones that can handle the ball. Because you can't win in this league without good wing play.

JaMychal Green is someone I always liked since he's seems to always hustle and is a tough son of a bitch (at least whenever I saw him play). I haven't seen that much of him to say for certain how his defense is though.

Robin Lopez would be an interesting fit but probably not the best.

Jarret Allen would almost be perfect.

Look at the last 2 years. Taj was a good player for us but he was a terrible fit next to KAT although a good portion of that was schematic...When Thibs was here he actively instructed KAT to hunt down and swat at balls as much as possible...So instead of using verticality to defend he was told by Thibs to swat down which made him foul way too much. That left 6'8 (at best:oldlol: ) Taj to be the last line of defense more often then not.:oldlol:

Those are some of the names that pop off the top of my head.

But Vanterpool has transformed this D. In regards to KAT, the new scheme we run on defense is meant to funnel people towards the lane. The difference from Thibs to Vanterpool/Ryan Saunders is that now that instead of being told to hunt for blocks 90% of the time, which inevitably leads to the person he is trying to block to do a simple pass to someone else wide open in the lane to get an easy lay up, KAT is being instructed to be way more disciplined and not to be out of position by hunting for blocks. Again...verticality is the key here. And don't take this as me claiming he is a great defender...he still makes mistakes and displays some terrible old habits and at times can loaf around in the paint and give up multiple lay ups/floaters in the lane...but you can't deny his progress so far.

I wont claim we will be a great defense or maybe not even better then average but we've improved a ton and I just can't fathom in any scenario pending half our team getting injured for a significant time finish with a bottom 5 defense as we do seemingly every year. It's sad to be excited about that but if this team's improvement on D is real then...we might actually have a shot at the play offs since offense *shouldn't* be a problem whatsoever.

Kinda went off on a tangent:oldlol: Words just cannot describe how excited I am to see KAT being used CORRECTLY on offense.

Trollsmasher
10-28-2019, 01:37 PM
LeBron - 88% from the line

expecting a hard crash any game now

Xiao Yao You
10-28-2019, 01:53 PM

defense?

ImKobe
10-28-2019, 03:40 PM
I could see Drummond and Ingram averaging similar numbers by the end of the season.

FireDavidKahn
10-28-2019, 03:59 PM
defense?
I addressed that in my post.