PDA

View Full Version : If Davis is thriving, how will that affect LeHaters' narrative...

FultzNationRISE
10-30-2019, 12:24 AM
that stars get hamstrung by Lebron ball?

So far he's got 30 and 15 tonight through 2.5 quarters, while Lebron has 7 dimes.

If Davis thrives that ruins the "Lebron makes other stars worse" narrative. If you claim his play isn't affected by Lebron, then neither was Bosh, Wade, Irving, Love, Lonzo, or Drip Kang's.

LeHaters have no way out. They're stuck.

And we win.

WE.

JUST.

WIN.

:durantunimpressed: :djparty :yaohappy: :djparty :milton

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 12:25 AM
either davis is the best or lebron is the worst

thats it

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-30-2019, 12:36 AM
its 1 game against the worst team in the West. He was averaging 25/10/3 on 54TS and 4 tos before this game

and AD is mainly an offball/pick and roll/pop big

PP34Deuce
10-30-2019, 12:55 AM
I could be wrong but I dont think lebron cares about being the leading scorer anymore. He wants to win a title for Lakers and be the guy who leads 3 off teams to 3 titles. That's his narrative.

Watching the few games he literally has AD doing the heavy lifting while he does 3 5 minutes spurts

ImKobe
10-30-2019, 01:08 AM
Davis did most of his damage without Bran on the court. He doesn't need Lebron on the court to get the ball in the post and just abuse a bad defense.

ClipperRevival
10-30-2019, 01:17 AM
Seeing that Le2nd Optijames is now 2nd fiddle behind "the man" AD, how will Brin fans handle a 2nd fiddle ring seeing how badly they discredit them? What a dilemma. :yaohappy:

SpaceJam
10-30-2019, 01:42 AM
Seeing that Le2nd Optijames is now 2nd fiddle behind "the man" AD, how will Brin fans handle a 2nd fiddle ring seeing how badly they discredit them? What a dilemma. :yaohappy:

Kobe literally gets credit for a 15.6ppg finals series. Bron should be fine

FultzNationRISE
10-30-2019, 01:53 AM

:eek:

That escalated quickly.

Rico2016
10-30-2019, 01:55 AM

And boom goes the dynamite

ClipperRevival
10-30-2019, 02:04 AM

:yaohappy:

Nice try babyboi. All you Bron fans go in on Kobe's 3 2nd fiddle rings. Now that Bron might get one, it's all cool now.

Keep changing the narrative babyboi.

Spurs m8
10-30-2019, 02:06 AM
Without Davis....couldn't make playoffs in West....

FultzNationRISE
10-30-2019, 02:08 AM
Without Davis....couldn't make playoffs in West....

I think you mean without a healthy groin.

Because with one, they were sitting at 4th.

SpaceJam
10-30-2019, 02:27 AM

Nice try babyboi. All you Bron fans go in on Kobe's 3 2nd fiddle rings. Now that Bron might get one, it's all cool now.

No one switching up bro. It honestly doesn't even matter, Kobe is so far in Bron's rearview

Spurs m8
10-30-2019, 03:00 AM
I think you mean without a healthy groin.

Because with one, they were sitting at 4th.

We all saw the piss way schedule they started with

Playoff mode activated hahahahhahah

Andrei89
10-30-2019, 03:08 AM

The fact that you still reply after getting bitch slapped makes me think your shame knows no bounds. :lol :lol

Ainosterhaspie
10-30-2019, 10:38 AM

Who has more first option rings than LeBron? Jordan, Duncan, Russell. That's it. Anyone else making a "ringzzz" claim over LeBron is making the claim based on second option rings and obviously LeBron collecting second option rings undercuts those claims. Even if they don't move the needle at all in comparison to Jordan, Duncan, Russell, second option rings help in comparison to everyone else.

Sorry if that's too much nuance for you, but it really isn't that complicated.

guy
10-30-2019, 10:50 AM
Based on how Kobe has been consistently ranked lately, its pretty clear that he doesn't get much credit for his first 3 rings.

ImKobe
10-30-2019, 10:54 AM
Based on how Kobe has been consistently ranked lately, its pretty clear that he doesn't get much credit for his first 3 rings.

Imagine averaging 29/7/6 for a title run and not getting the credit for it

guy
10-30-2019, 10:58 AM

There was a time he was getting too much credit. I vividly remember the Jordan arguments and people trying to use ring count to say they are comparable or that Kobe was on pace to be better. Now its flipped to where he barely gets any credit. Guys like Oscar or Hakeem who didn't win nearly as much are consistently ranked ahead of him.

ImKobe
10-30-2019, 11:01 AM
There was a time he was getting too much credit. I vividly remember the Jordan arguments and people trying to use ring count to say they are comparable or that Kobe was on pace to be better. Now its flipped to where he barely gets any credit. Guys like Oscar or Hakeem who didn't win nearly as much are consistently ranked ahead of him.

Oscar won 0 rings as the best player yet somehow gets ranked near the top 10 consistently, isn't that a bit strange? oh wow he averaged a triple-double, Russ does the same 3 years in a row and then it's "stat-padding" because he doesn't win in the Playoffs, tell me when Big O averaged a triple-double and won a title? Exactly.

Let's be honest, Kobe was ahead of MJ at that age because he had 3 titles while being younger than Jordan (before he won his 1st) and we all understood he hadn't reached his peak yet, unfortunately he didn't have much help or anyone nearly as good as Shaq post-2004. Still, he made another 3 straight Finals with a supporting cast resembling the 94 and 95 Rockets.

Kobe would have a lot more than 5 if he had great teams around him like Duncan did. Heck, his help was nowhere near as good as MJ's was in his 30s.

I feel like it's only the trolls and Lebron fans who devalue Kobe in the early 2000s. That was the toughest era for guards, no guard had amazing advanced numbers in that era except for T-Mac on really bad teams. AI was the 2nd closest to Kobe and he was barely cracking 40%FG.

guy
10-30-2019, 04:29 PM
Let's be honest, Kobe was ahead of MJ at that age because he had 3 titles while being younger than Jordan (before he won his 1st) and we all understood he hadn't reached his peak yet, unfortunately he didn't have much help or anyone nearly as good as Shaq post-2004. Still, he made another 3 straight Finals with a supporting cast resembling the 94 and 95 Rockets.

Kobe would have a lot more than 5 if he had great teams around him like Duncan did. Heck, his help was nowhere near as good as MJ's was in his 30s.

Sorry, there's no age Kobe was better then Jordan if you line up the years unless its due to injury or retirement, and if you're bringing up his rings at a young age WITH SHAQ as evidence to your point, then thats exactly the old argument I was referring to.

And please, the guy had championship level-contending help for like 14 out of 20 years. Was it always perfect? No, but neither are most contenders that Jordan, Lebron, Duncan, etc. have won with. And Jordan's supporting casts were at sometimes the best or they arguably weren't that much better then his opponents, if better at all. That was basically the situation with Kobe once he got Gasol for 4-5 years. "Nowhere near as good as MJ's in his 30s" sounds like someone that didn't watch back then, similar to a lot of the Lebron trolls here. To act like Kobe didn't get enough of a fair opportunity to win alot of championships is ridiculous.

And I don't know in what world Duncan's teams were that great and so much better then Kobe's, if better at all - he never had a team as good Kobe's teams with Shaq. They were coached well, which was made possible by the fact that Duncan had no ego. If Kobe was asked to do the same thing, there's no way he wins as much.

ImKobe
10-30-2019, 04:35 PM
Sorry, there's no age Kobe was better then Jordan if you line up the years unless its due to injury or retirement, and if you're bringing up his rings at a young age WITH SHAQ as evidence to your point, then thats exactly what I was referring to.

And please, the guy had championship level-contending help for like 14 out of 20 years. Was it always perfect? No, but neither are most contenders that Jordan, Lebron, Duncan, etc. have won with. And Jordan's supporting casts were at sometimes the best or they arguably weren't that much better then his opponents, if better at all. That was basically the situation with Kobe once he got Gasol for 4-5 years. "Nowhere near as good as MJ's in his 30s" sounds like someone that didn't watch back then, similar to a lot of the Lebron trolls here. To act like Kobe didn't get enough of a fair opportunity to win alot of championships is ridiculous.

This is the issue I have. Kobe in his early 30s was as good as 2nd 3-Peat Jordan as evidenced by the stats, what if 05-07 Kobe had teams as good as Jordan did in his first 3-Peat? Kobe made more Finals than Jordan and was responsible for all those Finals appearances.

Jordan had Pippen, Rodman, Harper, Kukoc, Longley (who was no scrub but is often left out of the convo) for his 2nd 3-Peat. Kobe had Gasol, Odom, Ariza/Artest and a bunch of role players. We love to overrate Gasol, who never won a Playoff game prior to joining Kobe (0-12) while Pippen went 55-27 and was a bad call from the ECF the season Jordan retired. Pippen is a much better player than Gasol all-time if we're being honest. They're actually kind of close if we go by 30+point games but Pippen's all-time perimeter defense supersedes whatever Gasol brought on the defensive end.

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 04:37 PM
Bla Blabla
Crap.
Blalvblablabla
Garbage
Blablablabla
Irrelevant Waste Of Time
Blablablabla

guy
10-31-2019, 10:54 AM
This is the issue I have. Kobe in his early 30s was as good as 2nd 3-Peat Jordan as evidenced by the stats, what if 05-07 Kobe had teams as good as Jordan did in his first 3-Peat? Kobe made more Finals than Jordan and was responsible for all those Finals appearances.

No he wasn't. He was probably just as skilled, but Jordan was still clearly a better decision maker, clutch player / big game performer, leader (those Laker teams way too often lost games they had no business losing due to lack of effort, something that Jordan was notorious for not tolerating), and a more impactful/consistent defender.

And boo-hoo, he didn't have good teams for 3 years of his career. Welcome to almost half of Jordan's career :oldlol: . And couldn't I just counter with what if Jordan had SHAQ? :eek:

Jordan had Pippen, Rodman, Harper, Kukoc, Longley (who was no scrub but is often left out of the convo) for his 2nd 3-Peat. Kobe had Gasol, Odom, Ariza/Artest and a bunch of role players.

I don't know what your definition of a scrub is, but Luc Longley is correctly left out of the convo. There was nothing good or great about him. Arguably a below average player. The guy has 1 10 rebound game in 87 playoff games and at best was an average defender. This is not something anyone that watched them play would argue.

Meanwhile, not sure if this was intentional, but you left Andrew Bynum out who was worlds better and actually eventually made all-star teams.

Like I said, the situations were comparable. It was Jordan/Kobe + a clear elite no 2 + some guys you could argue are a little more then role players (Rodman/Kukoc, Odom/Bynum/Artest) + role players.

We love to overrate Gasol, who never won a Playoff game prior to joining Kobe (0-12) while Pippen went 55-27 and was a bad call from the ECF the season Jordan retired. Pippen is a much better player than Gasol all-time if we're being honest. They're actually kind of close if we go by 30+point games but Pippen's all-time perimeter defense supersedes whatever Gasol brought on the defensive end.

Well if Kobe led Gasol to 6 championships he would be consistently ranked much higher. There's no doubt Kobe made Gasol much better then he was before. Its also well documented the influence Jordan had on Pippen. Couple that with the experience of getting to multiple finals and consistently having deep playoff runs for basically his whole career up until that point that clearly wouldn't have been possible without Jordan, what happened in 1994 probably does not happen if Jordan was never there in the first place. Gasol on the other had actually led his teams to the playoffs and ~50 win seasons before ever getting with Kobe. Obviously Pippen didn't get the opportunity, and I don't disagree that Pippen was better, but there level of impact on each of these teams wasn't much different and clearly comparable.

Hey Yo
10-31-2019, 11:01 AM
Image your second best player and scorer avg. 16-4-5 for a title run and yet still continue to get called a superteam.