PDA

View Full Version : Lakers have the Best Interior Protection in the League

AirTupac
10-30-2019, 12:26 PM
BU BU BU BU LAKERS BIG MEN ARE TRASHHHHHHHHHHHH

*Through three games the Lakers have allowed 99.7 pts per game (3rd best in the NBA).
The defense has pressured the ball, forced turnovers and limited 3-pointers.

*The Lakers are averaging 8.0 blocks per game (#1 in the NBA).
The rim protection, particularly by AD and Howard, is arguably the best in the league.

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 12:31 PM
BU BU BU BU LAKERS BIG MEN ARE TRASHHHHHHHHHHHH

*Through three games the Lakers have allowed 99.7 pts per game (3rd best in the NBA).
The defense has pressured the ball, forced turnovers and limited 3-pointers.

*The Lakers are averaging 8.0 blocks per game (#1 in the NBA).
The rim protection, particularly by AD and Howard, is arguably the best in the league.

not bad. i guess they are more of a defensive team than im looking at

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 12:35 PM
but the clippers have defense and team offensive punch. not so iso

still a step below

Bosnian Sajo
10-30-2019, 12:36 PM
No question best interior defense, absolutely. If the Jazz had more than Gobert in the paint, they might be #1 but since it's just him, once he goes to the bench...

As far as overall defense goes, this early in the season my top 3 is as follows:

1. Clippers
2. Lakers
3. Jazz

Add PG13 to the Clipps...it'll be tough to overtake them as the top defensive team in the NBA.

Bosnian Sajo
10-30-2019, 12:39 PM

still a step below

We iso only when we don't have a true PG out there. Quinn Cook, who should be a spot up shooter for Bron/Rondo/AD to dish out to, has been our premier PG so far even though he is not starting.

We play NOTICEABLY better when Cook or Caruso are running the point, even without them getting assists. It's the ball movement, less iso plays.

Which brings me to my point. Expect us to look a lot scarier once Rondo returns. I get it, a lot of people on this board don't like him and think he has regressed beyond repair. Quote me on this: Our team's offense (which isn't even bad atm) will look MUCH better with Rondo out there.

AirTupac
10-30-2019, 12:39 PM
The Clippers are ranked 1st in offense and 26th in defense. The Jazz are 1st in defense and 27th in offense. They play against each other tonight.

Clips have blackholes in Montrel / Lou and some other guys though. They wont be a top defensive team.

Ainosterhaspie
10-30-2019, 12:42 PM
Spacing will be terrible with Rondo/Green/LBJ/Davis/McGee. Only Green is a real perimeter threat. Defense won't even guard Rondo and just clog interior passing lanes. He'll be a disaster in the starting lineup.

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 12:43 PM
The Clippers are ranked 1st in offense and 26th in defense. The Jazz are 1st in defense and 27th in offense. They play against each other tonight.

Clips have blackholes in Montrel / Lou and some other guys though. They wont be a top defensive team.

thats cuz suns torched em but the numbers are shocking

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 12:43 PM
We iso only when we don't have a true PG out there. Quinn Cook, who should be a spot up shooter for Bron/Rondo/AD to dish out to, has been our premier PG so far even though he is not starting.

We play NOTICEABLY better when Cook or Caruso are running the point, even without them getting assists. It's the ball movement, less iso plays.

Which brings me to my point. Expect us to look a lot scarier once Rondo returns. I get it, a lot of people on this board don't like him and think he has regressed beyond repair. Quote me on this: Our team's offense (which isn't even bad atm) will look MUCH better with Rondo out there.

should have gotten rubio

AirTupac
10-30-2019, 12:44 PM
Spacing will be terrible with Rondo/Green/LBJ/Davis/McGee. Only Green is a real perimeter threat. Defense won't even guard Rondo and just clog interior passing lanes. He'll be a disaster in the starting lineup.

Probably keep Rondo off the bench.

Rondo/Quinn/Kuz/Dwight is a deadly off the bench. Cook is much better as a spot up shooter. Rondo will work wonders with that line up.

Bosnian Sajo
10-30-2019, 12:46 PM
should have gotten rubio

**** no, not that scrub. Pay Rubio $20m when Rondo will do the same shit he does for the vet minimum, allowing us to sign guys like Danny Green. It's a no brainer.

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 12:46 PM
the defense is def something to build on though. not a lost cause.

i want to see a crisper offense. looks garbage right now

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 12:47 PM
**** no, not that scrub. Pay Rubio $20m when Rondo will do the same shit he does for the vet minimum, allowing us to sign guys like Danny Green. It's a no brainer.

u cray. rondo is okay when hes on but that was years ago. we will see

yes danny green is important

if u get Iggie that will help big time

Bosnian Sajo
10-30-2019, 12:49 PM
Probably keep Rondo off the bench.

Rondo/Quinn/Kuz/Dwight is a deadly off the bench. Cook is much better as a spot up shooter. Rondo will work wonders with that line up.

As long as Rondo and AD get plenty of time together, I don't mind that.

I'm not 100% sold on Avery Bradley starting, though. And KCP has to lose his spot in the rotation once Kuz gets back, he's gotta go.

Rondo/Cook/Caruso
Green/Daniels/Cook
Bron/Kuz
AD/Dudley
McGee/Dwight

That's what my preferred rotation would look like. Daniels receiving the least amount of minutes, just throw him in to hit a couple of threes. Followed by Dudley, only runs in once AD gets tired.

AirTupac
10-30-2019, 12:49 PM

Iggy would be amazing. Then you can have Bradley or Iggy off the bench.

Bradley/Green/LeBron/AD/Javale
Rondo/Cook/Igoudala/Kuz/Dwight

Swap Igoudala with Bradley if you want.

Bosnian Sajo
10-30-2019, 12:50 PM

How am I crazy? I'm not claiming Rondo is an all star, I'm saying we get the same production from him that others teams get from Rubio. For a fraction of the cost....

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 12:51 PM
How am I crazy? I'm not claiming Rondo is an all star, I'm saying we get the same production from him that others teams get from Rubio. For a fraction of the cost....

thats where i think u cray. rubio is at peak career production. i think u are underrating him. rondo would need to be at his best

i feel u on the $$$ tho

Bosnian Sajo
10-30-2019, 12:54 PM
thats where i think u cray. rubio is at peak career production. i think u are underrating him. rondo would need to be at his best

i feel u on the $$$ tho

32% shooting from the field is peak production? You can keep that lol, his rebounding numbers atm are exaggerated he will not stay at 8 rebounds a game.

You truly believe Rondo has to be at his peak to provide 10pts/9 assists per game? That's what Rubio is bringing right now to the Suns.

Last year Rubio was 12ppg/6apg. Jazz fans complained about him.

I think you're vastly overrating him, idk why. He had a nice run with Spain (as he always does), but in the NBA he's very much an easy pass.

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 12:55 PM
32% shooting from the field is peak production? You can keep that lol, his rebounding numbers atm are exaggerated he will not stay at 8 rebounds a game.

You truly believe Rondo has to be at his peak to provide 10pts/9 assists per game? That's what Rubio is bringing right now to the Suns.

Last year Rubio was 12ppg/6apg. Jazz fans complained about him.

I think you're vastly overrating him, idk why.

i like his intangibles.
i like rondo but look, hes not reliable. but if hes healthy and can shoot u may have somethng

Bosnian Sajo
10-30-2019, 12:57 PM
i like his intangibles.
i like rondo but look, hes not reliable. but if hes healthy and can shoot u may have somethng

He don't even have to shoot like that! Just take the ball out of Lebron's hands and get our pace going, you got shooters all around you. You got big men to lob it up to.

This team (minus Lebron) is a point guard's dream job, especially a pass first PG like Rondo.

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 01:00 PM
He don't even have to shoot like that! Just take the ball out of Lebron's hands and get our pace going, you got shooters all around you. You got big men to lob it up to.

This team (minus Lebron) is a point guard's dream job, especially a pass first PG like Rondo.

ok well, i hope ur right for your sakes hahaha

good luck bro/bra!!!

:cheers:

RealSkipBayless
10-30-2019, 01:43 PM
Rondo starting would be an absolute disaster.

Rondo + Lebron was the worst +/- combo on the team last season. He has a clear opportunity to run the offense while Bron and AD rest. Rondo will set up Daniels/Kuzma/Howard well.

Also Rubio outplayed Conley in their last meetup...

RRR3
10-30-2019, 01:51 PM

Bro, I PROMISE you Rondo will make the offense worse when he

RRR3
10-30-2019, 01:56 PM

Taking the ball out of LeBron’s hands and putting in a scrub like Rondo’s is a terrible idea.

Xiao Yao You
10-30-2019, 01:58 PM
No question best interior defense, absolutely. If the Jazz had more than Gobert in the paint, they might be #1 but since it's just him, once he goes to the bench...

As far as overall defense goes, this early in the season my top 3 is as follows:

1. Clippers
2. Lakers
3. Jazz

Add PG13 to the Clipps...it'll be tough to overtake them as the top defensive team in the NBA.

No one is close to the Jazz on defense so far :facepalm

AirTupac
10-30-2019, 01:59 PM
No one is close to the Jazz on defense so far :facepalm

You got dikked on by Lakers :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
10-30-2019, 02:00 PM

i feel u on the $$$ tho

and you are overrating him. Can't shoot, can't make a layup, doesn't defend, throws balls away...

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 02:11 PM
and you are overrating him. Can't shoot, can't make a layup, doesn't defend, throws balls away...

u crazy and dont watch suns games

Bosnian Sajo
10-30-2019, 03:21 PM

Bruh, he's played a total of 4 games for the Suns lol. Don't you think a Psycho Jazz fan who watched him for 2 years has a better perspective than you?

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 03:22 PM
Bruh, he's played a total of 4 games for the Suns lol. Don't you think a Psycho Jazz fan who watched him for 2 years has a better perspective than you?

:lol

of course not. who is the fool that looks at life with another persons eyes.

i only see Rubio NOW

https://66.media.tumblr.com/25dbd270b0226757c40048e8fd105d0f/tumblr_o7jq8qrApY1txsxqbo4_r1_500.gif

Bosnian Sajo
10-30-2019, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Taking the ball out of LeBron

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 03:25 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-17-2016/p9i1xK.gif

Bosnian Sajo
10-30-2019, 03:25 PM
:lol

of course not. who is the fool that looks at life with another persons eyes.

i only see Rubio NOW

https://66.media.tumblr.com/25dbd270b0226757c40048e8fd105d0f/tumblr_o7jq8qrApY1txsxqbo4_r1_500.gif

Alright bud, enjoy that 10ppg on 32% shooting, 4 TO's per game, and those assists that are sure to go down as the season progresses :cheers:

Btw Oubre is a beast, kid is living up to his potential. I **** with him heavy. Don't like Booker.

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 03:27 PM
Alright bud, enjoy that 10ppg on 32% shooting, 4 TO's per game, and those assists that are sure to go down as the season progresses :cheers:

Btw Oubre is a beast, kid is living up to his potential. I **** with him heavy. Don't like Booker.

dont like Booker? cray.

Rubio is World Cup MVP

:cheers:

FKAri
10-30-2019, 03:30 PM
If they want to have a chance vs the Clippers they are going to need to improve their posterior protection.

Bosnian Sajo
10-30-2019, 03:31 PM
If they want to have a chance vs the Clippers they are going to need to improve their posterior protection.

My heads not working, are you referring to perimeter defense or low post d?

Regardless, we are just fine in both regards to keep up with the Clippers. What we need to stop them is Kuz to come in and be that 3rd offensive threat. Is he capable of that? We will find out.

RRR3
10-30-2019, 03:42 PM
Do you not understand just how much Lebron slows the game down when he tries to be PG? It killed our offense against the Jazz...

Lebron ball doesn't work on a team where he is no longer the 1st option. He's great, he's a superstar, but we are so much better when he's on the bench it's not even funny lol.

I'm cool with him taking over in the 4th, but we need Rondo. He's exactly what this team is missing. Keep calling him a scrub, and please remember to bump this thread. I know you're well aware that I have no problems admitting when I'm wrong, but this will prove to be true.
Last year the Lakers were +8.1 per 100 possessions when LeBron was on the court. With Rondo? -9.4

Bosnian Sajo
10-30-2019, 03:50 PM
Last year the Lakers were +8.1 per 100 possessions when LeBron was on the court. With Rondo? -9.4

Dude, that's ****ing GREAT. We have a COMPLETELY new team this year.

RRR3
10-30-2019, 03:53 PM
Dude, that's ****ing GREAT. We have a COMPLETELY new team this year.
Rondo absolutely sucks. LeBron doesn’t. Play Caruso and Cook if need be. Rondo should be a benchwarmer.

Bosnian Sajo
10-30-2019, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Rondo absolutely sucks. LeBron doesn

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 04:06 PM
It's difficult to discuss with you because you aren't here for a discussion, you are here to prove you are correct and whoever doesn't agree with you is wrong.

I discuss, you argue.

Instead of going back and forth, let's just wait and see. Like I said, I have noooo issue admitting when I'm wrong.

DONT FORGET IM THE BEST AND YOU ARE THE WORST OF ALL TIME.

OK CONTINUE

Ainosterhaspie
10-30-2019, 04:16 PM
Rondo hasn't been good for a decade. He's been almost exclusively a disaster in recent years. He doesn't defend well anymore. He's not a scoring threat at all. Teams just ignore him and cut off his passing lanes. How is he going to make the Lakers offense flow? When he's out there the whole defense (minus whoever is tracking Green) will camp out in the paint.

If the Lakers are lucky LeBron or AD might get hot from midrange or deep, but if not, there's no perimeter or even midrange threat to open things inside for Rondo passes.

ImKobe
10-30-2019, 04:19 PM
Rondo hasn't been good for a decade. He's been almost exclusively a disaster in recent years. He doesn't defend well anymore. He's not a scoring threat at all. Teams just ignore him and cut off his passing lanes. How is he going to make the Lakers offense flow? When he's out there the whole defense (minus whoever is tracking Green) will camp out in the paint.

If the Lakers are lucky LeBron or AD might get hot from midrange or deep, but if not, there's no perimeter or even midrange threat to open things inside for Rondo passes.

He's added the 3-point shot to his arsenal and is still a good playmaker, the advanced stats are misleading because he played the latter half of the season when Zo, BI and Bron got shelved. You can't deny his production when the Pelicans swept the Blazers and he had 21 assists in that one win against the Warriors that swept Lebron in the Finals.

He can give quality minutes off the bench, definitely not a starter though. His presence allows the Lakers to stagger Lebron and AD minutes in the future though, he knows how to play with Davis.

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 04:21 PM
He's added the 3-point shot to his arsenal and is still a good playmaker, the advanced stats are misleading because he played the latter half of the season when Zo, BI and Bron got shelved.

THIS is your savior? :lol

GIMME RUBIOOOOO!!!!!

ImKobe
10-30-2019, 04:25 PM
THIS is your savior? :lol

GIMME RUBIOOOOO!!!!!

Rubio is just as inept offensively and demands more dollars. Rondo is a smarter player IMHO, Rubio has only ever played in the first round of the POs, Rondo was giving it to peak Lebron in the 2012 ECF and had him down 2 - 3 and was a point guard of a championship team and on another one that made the Finals.

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 04:26 PM
Rubio is just as inept offensively and demands more dollars. Rondo is a smarter player IMHO, Rubio has only ever played in the first round of the POs, Rondo was giving it to peak Lebron in the 2012 ECF and had him down 2 - 3 and was a point guard of a championship team and on another one that made the Finals.
LOLZ that was nearly 10 years ago LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLO:lol

ImKobe
10-30-2019, 04:27 PM
LOLZ that was nearly 10 years ago LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLO:lol

He made the 2nd round with Davis less than 2 years ago, was responsible for shutting down Damian Lillard. He can't be that bad, right? :confusedshrug:

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 04:27 PM
He made the 2nd round with Davis less than 2 years ago, was responsible for shutting down Damian Lillard. He can't be that bad, right? :confusedshrug:

HE'S NOT THE BEST OF ALL TIME.

CAN HE DO IT AGAIN?

ImKobe
10-30-2019, 04:29 PM
HE'S NOT THE BEST OF ALL TIME.

CAN HE DO IT AGAIN?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3ofT5NbBuEq6GQ65Q4/giphy.gif

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 04:29 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/3ofT5NbBuEq6GQ65Q4/giphy.gif

:cheers: :cheers:

GOOD LUCK RONDOO

TRY TO BE THE BEST !!!

Ainosterhaspie
10-30-2019, 04:54 PM
He's added the 3-point shot to his arsenal and is still a good playmaker, the advanced stats are misleading because he played the latter half of the season when Zo, BI and Bron got shelved. You can't deny his production when the Pelicans swept the Blazers and he had 21 assists in that one win against the Warriors that swept Lebron in the Finals.

He can give quality minutes off the bench, definitely not a starter though. His presence allows the Lakers to stagger Lebron and AD minutes in the future though, he knows how to play with Davis.
He's better from three than he used to be, but it still isn't enough to make teams respect it. Until they do, it remains a big exploitable hole in his game that undermines what he does well.

I think he's a matchup dependent, spot role player at best right now. He should never be on the floor at the same time as LeBron; a year's worth of data shows that's a disaster. Even bringing him in to run bench units seems to be a bad idea to me as of rather see them try to develop younger guys who have a chance to improve. Rondo's in the decline phase of his career, so unless he's clearly more productive than young guys, the young guys should be getting the minutes.

ImKobe
10-30-2019, 04:58 PM
He's better from three than he used to be, but it still isn't enough to make teams respect it. Until they do, it remains a big exploitable hole in his game that undermines what he does well.

I think he's a matchup dependent, spot role player at best right now. He should never be on the floor at the same time as LeBron; a year's worth of data shows that's a disaster. Even bringing him in to run bench units seems to be a bad idea to me as of rather see them try to develop younger guys who have a chance to improve. Rondo's in the decline phase of his career, so unless he's clearly more productive than young guys, the young guys should be getting the minutes.

I agree with that. He's excellent off the bench. Lakers should get some decent bench minutes out of him when they rest Lebron early and have Rondo come and create offense with Davis, the two looked great together in 2018. I think he can still have a positive effect on the team. He's a great locker room guy and a high IQ player, you don't need him to shoulder a huge load, he can still give this team some quality minutes by running P&R with AD and Dwight.

bladefd
10-30-2019, 05:54 PM
Iggy would be amazing. Then you can have Bradley or Iggy off the bench.

Bradley/Green/LeBron/AD/Javale
Rondo/Cook/Igoudala/Kuz/Dwight

Swap Igoudala with Bradley if you want.

Best bet for closing 5 minutes of game will probably be Bradley, Green, Iguodala, LeBron, AD. Elite defensively and can spread the floor. I would not put in Javale or Dwight unless if it is vs a big team like Sixers.

I am still not sure how much Kuzma has improved defensively, but I would certainly consider switching Bradley with Kuzma. Green, Iggy, LeBron, Kuz, AD could be a death squad for closing minutes potentially. Need to see how Kuz fits in first.

RRR3
10-30-2019, 05:57 PM
Best bet for closing 5 minutes of game will probably be Bradley, Green, Iguodala, LeBron, AD. Elite defensively and can spread the floor. I am still not sure how much Kuzma has improved defensively, but I would certainly consider switching Bradley with Kuzma.
That lineup would be good defensively but I wouldn’t talk up it’s floorspreading ability too much.

Bradley-he’s been a solid outside shooter but he generally struggled to score in the last two years. Still capable from 3
Green-great shooter
Iguodala-streaky at best shooter
LeBron-streaky shooter
AD-very good from midrange, below average from 3

aj1987
10-30-2019, 06:00 PM
Jrue Holiday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOvGq8N9tFU

Watch the games.

Rondo is beyond trash and has been for a LONG time.

EDIT: Remember that game from last year, when the Warriors left him WIDE open. Dude singe handedly cost the Lakers that game.

ImKobe
10-30-2019, 06:07 PM
Jrue Holiday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOvGq8N9tFU

Watch the games.

Rondo is beyond trash and has been for a LONG time.

EDIT: Remember that game from last year, when the Warriors left him WIDE open. Dude singe handedly cost the Lakers that game.

It's cute you posted some Jrue highlights from the series but the Pelicans were considerably better on defense with Rondo than they were with Jrue in that series.

aj1987
10-30-2019, 06:16 PM
It's cute you posted some Jrue highlights from the series but the Pelicans were considerably better on defense with Rondo than they were with Jrue in that series.
You said Rondo shut down Lillard when it was actually Jrue who did it. Stop changing your argument every time you're proven wrong, you idiot. Oh, and Jrue was doing it while scoring 28/4/7 on 63% TS.

Go watch the games.

As I said, Rondo is hilariously bad and has been trash for a very long time. There's a reason why no team wants to hold onto him.

Xiao Yao You
10-30-2019, 06:41 PM

and yet I saw almost every game he played for two years

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 06:45 PM
and yet I saw almost every game he played for two years

ok but have you watched him in another system?

spain? suns?

Xiao Yao You
10-30-2019, 06:50 PM
ok but have you watched him in another system?

spain? suns?

I saw him the other night. He's certainly a better fit with the Suns but he still can't shoot, make a layup, defend or not make horrible passes

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 07:03 PM
I saw him the other night. He's certainly a better fit with the Suns but he still can't shoot, make a layup, defend or not make horrible passes

You're obviously a jaded ex lover and the God will now reject your testimony. Enjoy your new point guard hahahahah

Xiao Yao You
10-30-2019, 07:09 PM
You're obviously a jaded ex lover and the God will now reject your testimony. Enjoy your new point guard hahahahah

I am enjoying him believe me. No more Ricky! :cheers:

AirTupac
10-03-2020, 10:43 AM
Taking the ball out of LeBron’s hands and putting in a scrub like Rondo’s is a terrible idea.

Who knew that someone who looks and weighs like Josh Gad would be a complete retard when talking about sports?

still a step below

DEFENSE TEAM? OFFENSIVE PUNCH? HAHAHA