PDA

View Full Version : Durant needs to sit out the year.

DoctorP
11-01-2019, 02:10 AM
No if's or butts about it. Let him get completely ready and rested, don't overuse Kyrie, keep developing depth, and BK will be in the hunt in a year's time.

If they can develop cheap depth and add a third banana even better.

PS. Chill, bring out the tanks and get that lotto ticket. Stacked.

DoctorP
11-01-2019, 02:26 AM
Kyrie is in a good position where the pressure to win is off this year. He can get to know his team's tendencies and improve his leadership. This will be Durant's team anyways from a leadership standpoint so Kyrie can relax and be secondary leader when needed.

Can't wait.

brutalBBQ
11-01-2019, 03:47 AM
2 primadonas, this is the Bold And the Beautiful team of next season

nashwade
11-01-2019, 05:07 AM
Kyrie going to Nets is the biggest irony of all time. if he can't handle being #2 to Lebron, how the heck is he playing with KD. He reckons he is #1 option?

warriorfan
11-01-2019, 07:37 AM
Slim peeper isn

ErhnamDjinn
11-01-2019, 08:26 AM
Kyrie going to Nets is the biggest irony of all time. if he can't handle being #2 to Lebron, how the heck is he playing with KD. He reckons he is #1 option?
because maybe KD is ok being the Beta so he is ok with him being the go to guy. In the interview with Stephen A, KD alludes to that and he said he is also sitting out the whole season.

DoctorP
11-01-2019, 09:58 AM
because maybe KD is ok being the Beta so he is ok with him being the go to guy. In the interview with Stephen A, KD alludes to that and he said he is also sitting out the whole season.

Doesn't matter.

What BK needs to do to ensure the future success of the franchise is tank and get a high draft pick and use that pick to draft a legit future all-star.

That young player will push the current superstars when they are dragging. No way this strategy fails. I should be paid for this

I AM THE GOD OF BASKETBALL

YOU MUST DEFEAT SHENG LONG TO STAND A CHANCE

ImKobe
11-01-2019, 10:08 AM
Doesn't matter.

What BK needs to do to ensure the future success of the franchise is tank and get a high draft pick and use that pick to draft a legit future all-star.

That young player will push the current superstars when they are dragging. No way this strategy fails. I should be paid for this

I AM THE GOD OF BASKETBALL

YOU MUST DEFEAT SHENG LONG TO STAND A CHANCE

You can't really "Tank" for a top 4 pick anymore, they changed the system. A team that finishes with the 8th worst record would still have a 26% chance at landing in the top with a 6% chance to get the #1 pick. The 3 worst teams all have only a 14% chance of getting the #1 pick. The lottery is a literally a crapshoot now.

DoctorP
11-01-2019, 10:10 AM
You can't really "Tank" for a top 4 pick anymore, they changed the system. A team that finishes with the 8th worst record would still have a 26% chance at landing in the top with a 6% chance to get the #1 pick. The 3 worst teams all have only a 14% chance of getting the #1 pick. The lottery is a literally a crapshoot now.

your logic is puny and flaccid.

you pick a stud in the early round and another stud in the second round.

Top talents are not guaranteed with a top 4 pick.

But what you DO do is solidify your core for the future. You can't depend on these 2 stars alone.

ImKobe
11-01-2019, 10:27 AM
your logic is puny and flaccid.

you pick a stud in the early round and another stud in the second round.

Top talents are not guaranteed with a top 4 pick.

But what you DO do is solidify your core for the future. You can't depend on these 2 stars alone.

They have great young players on the roster. LeVert is a future all-star and DinWiddie is a nice back-up PG, Joe Harris is the next Kyle Korver/JJ Reddick, Jarrett Allen can protect the rim, they got Taurean Prince from the Hawks who looks like a starter as well, he can shoot the 3 at a volume.

So they got a bunch of young shooters and a big man who can get 10/10 with 2 blocks a game and DinWiddie & DeAndre off the bench. The talent is there but I'm not sure about the defense. This is a good season for them to showcase all their young players and maybe move one of them for a more experienced 3&D guy.

It's not the time to panic right now, it looks like they haven't found their identity yet, Irving has had to carry them offensively because most of them have struggled.

DoctorP
11-01-2019, 10:31 AM
They have great young players on the roster. LeVert is a future all-star and DinWiddie is a nice back-up PG, Joe Harris is the next Kyle Korver/JJ Reddick, Jarrett Allen can protect the rim, they got Taurean Prince from the Hawks who looks like a starter as well, he can shoot the 3 at a volume.

So they got a bunch of young shooters and a big man who can get 10/10 with 2 blocks a game and DinWiddie & DeAndre off the bench. The talent is there but I'm not sure about the defense. This is a good season for them to showcase all their young players and maybe move one of them for a more experienced 3&D guy.

It's not the time to panic right now, it looks like they haven't found their identity yet, Irving has had to carry them offensively because most of them have struggled.

Yes, I agree on most of your points except for LeVert being an all-star. Just not seeing that. He's a legit stud but more of a 4th option, 6th man. That's why adding some legit early round studs can be key to putting this franchise on a STACKED TRACK.

ImKobe
11-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Yes, I agree on most of your points except for LeVert being an all-star. Just not seeing that. He's a legit stud but more of a 4th option, 6th man. That's why adding some legit early round studs can be key to putting this franchise on a STACKED TRACK.

They need some more depth, they get a late 1st rounder from Philly but will lose their own pick if they make the Playoffs.

PP34Deuce
11-01-2019, 10:48 AM
I'd say the trend for talented offensive PF/C's is going to be valued more in 2020's.

A lot of teams competing have unicorn like big men.

Embiid
AD
Jokic
Towns
Porz
Ayton

Lesser extent

Vucevic
Lamarcus Aldridge
Lauri Markennen

They need a PF or athletic SF if they move KD to PF.

DoctorP
11-01-2019, 10:48 AM
They need some more depth, they get a late 1st rounder from Philly but will lose their own pick if they make the Playoffs.

EXACTLY.

now you know.

-the god

red1
11-01-2019, 11:16 AM
kd is a bitch.

still can't believe this guy actually went to the warriors.

Manny98
11-01-2019, 11:22 AM
Can't wait till KD gets healthy and we take a massive dump on the rest of the East for the next 5 years

DoctorP
11-01-2019, 11:22 AM
kd is a bitch.

all in the past.

he will now attempt to prove his WORTHINESS to the SUPREME GOD

DoctorP
11-01-2019, 11:23 AM
Can't wait till KD gets healthy and we take a massive dump on the rest of the East for the next 5 years
:rockon:

it WONT BE EASY

EAST on the RISE

Manny98
11-01-2019, 11:24 AM
kd is a bitch.

I know you were shaking in your boots when KD came back for game 5 :lol

LeCola
11-01-2019, 11:44 AM
KD will sit this year, Kyrie will sit next year.

DoctorP
11-01-2019, 12:05 PM

for the few minutes his leg was still functioning, the Warriors were completely dominant.

red1
11-01-2019, 02:48 PM
you're a fan of a ringless joke of a franchise. you wouldn't know how I felt watching my team in the finals.

it was like a continuous never-ending orgasm watching the raps win series after series.

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/p0RDMJGgMXF96/giphy.gif

Manny98
11-01-2019, 04:21 PM
you're a fan of a ringless joke of a franchise. you wouldn't know how I felt watching my team in the finals.

it was like a continuous never-ending orgasm watching the raps win series after series.

2 ABA championships retard :cheers:

red1
11-01-2019, 04:49 PM
2 ABA championships retard :cheers:
oh man you are too funny

DoctorP
11-03-2019, 01:49 AM
Yes! Nets lost and Kyrie got a triple dubb.

Sweet.

Let's go tankathon.

Good scoring balance throughout the squad.

insidehoops
11-03-2019, 12:39 PM
No reason for Durant to play at all this season unless the Nets make the playoffs. And even then, obviously only if KD has been at 100% long in advance and is just blatantly ready.

DoctorP
11-03-2019, 12:50 PM
No reason for Durant to play at all this season unless the Nets make the playoffs. And even then, obviously only if KD has been at 100% long in advance and is just blatantly ready.

https://media.giphy.com/media/SUheUgQkMTgTBnLizG/giphy.gif

insidehoops
11-03-2019, 12:59 PM
Though on the other hand, once KD is truly healthy, it's good for the Nets for him, Kyrie, Caris LeVert, etc. to develop at least some chemistry late this season to carry into next season, instead of not getting started on that until 2020-21 preseason.

And if they play well together, and can put together a late-season run, even if it doesn't involve the playoffs, it might impress potential free agents that summer

DoctorP
11-03-2019, 01:18 PM
Though on the other hand, once KD is truly healthy, it's good for the Nets for him, Kyrie, Caris LeVert, etc. to develop at least some chemistry late this season to carry into next season, instead of not getting started on that until 2020-21 preseason.

And if they play well together, and can put together a late-season run, even if it doesn't involve the playoffs, it might impress potential free agents that summer

For reasons of health, I disagree with this. I think it optimal to work up to game shape throughout a period of time instead of getting to game shape, then taking the summer off, breaking the routine, and then getting back into it.

That period of game activity could create trauma that would break the climb back up the ladder of muscle strength. Might be better to keep Durant in-house working with the team but not have him out there for the real show until the next season.

A linear climb instead of a climb, peak, break and then climb

but I could be wrong. the break could be a healing period, but that peak could hurt the healing muscle further

I AM NOT AN EXPERT

https://media2.giphy.com/media/jN0ygssTH2hoI/giphy.gif