PDA

View Full Version : If you love Terminator, don't see the new one

ROCSteady
11-02-2019, 01:00 PM
Wow this movie was awful. I haven't been angry watching a movie in a long time. LoL this movie shits on what made the first two legendary sci-fi mythology.

Terminator: Dark Fate misses the mark on pretty much every component of what makes a good movie.

I can't believe Hollywood keeps doing this shit and that James Cameron produced this P.O.S.

SomeBlackDude
11-02-2019, 01:08 PM
i don't understand why there are any terminator movies after judgment day.

didn't they stop the cyber apocalypse from going down?

wasn't judgment day supposed to be sometime in the 2nd clinton term/bulls 2nd 3peat era?

:confusedshrug:

ROCSteady
11-02-2019, 01:14 PM
There shouldn't be anymore, each one after T2 was not worthy of being the same property.

They do "explain" how there is more or less the same conflict looming but it's extremely underbaked, like a couple lines of vague dialogue.

I'm not going to include any spoilers but some of the choices were an absolute travesty and yes, one could say I'm triggered regarding this P.O.S. because I'm fullout nerd for anything T-800, Sarah and John Connor.

keep-itreal
11-02-2019, 01:19 PM
If you couldn't tell this movie is sh*t from just watching the trailer then you're a retard.

https://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/768x433/2018/08/terminator_-_screengrab_-_h_2018.jpg

Even the movie poster itself will tell you this movie is going to be sh*t. The people who made this movie have no interest in making a good film. They just want to push their feminist/SJW propaganda in every established franchise movies. Every modern blockbuster movie is like this, it's so ridiculous.

warriorfan
11-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Watching T2 as a little kid was truly mind blowing.

ROCSteady
11-02-2019, 01:29 PM
I know. I mean, I knew this movie was gonna be 'not good' but I still had to see it because of Linda and Arnie. I was thinking maybe they would throw a couple unexpected twists or redemption for its sins but nope, just "wokeness"

That shit doesn't bother me much with a lot of movies but I hated what they did with the franchise.

Let it DIE

highwhey
11-02-2019, 01:29 PM
Is your wheelchair terminator themed?

ROCSteady
11-02-2019, 01:31 PM
stfu Mescan, I'm still pissed. Now's not the time for levity

highwhey
11-02-2019, 01:32 PM
stfu Mescan, I'm still pissed. Now's not the time for levity
:lol i actually wanted to watch this film, I'll probably still watch it but later on in a couple months when it's out of theaters.

warriorfan
11-02-2019, 01:40 PM
I know. I mean, I knew this movie was gonna be 'not good' but I still had to see it because of Linda and Arnie. I was thinking maybe they would throw a couple unexpected twists or redemption for its sins but nope, just "wokeness"

That shit doesn't bother me much with a lot of movies but I hated what they did with the franchise.

Let it DIE

For sure. I saw the trailer for it when I was at some other movie awhile ago and it didn

ROCSteady
11-02-2019, 02:23 PM
:lol i actually wanted to watch this film, I'll probably still watch it but later on in a couple months when it's out of theaters.

Speaking of our fellow Mexis, I did like the setting being in Mexico and including native tongue in the beginning.

Regardless of any nonsense trash political journalism surrounding this movie, Mexico and Central America are a big part of the mythos

highwhey
11-02-2019, 02:31 PM
Speaking of our fellow Mexis, I did like the setting being in Mexico and including native tongue in the beginning.

Regardless of any nonsense trash political journalism surrounding this movie, Mexico and Central America are a big part of the mythos
Agreed, that's cool that they included that. Sandra was besties with our people.

My brother owned a VHS copy of T2, we'd watch it pretty often despite the evil terminator haunting me in my dreams as a kid.

egokiller
11-02-2019, 03:24 PM

They had to soften this one down so that the zoomers could handle it.:oldlol:

Facepalm
11-02-2019, 04:46 PM
If you couldn't tell this movie is sh*t from just watching the trailer then you're a retard.

https://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/768x433/2018/08/terminator_-_screengrab_-_h_2018.jpg

Even the movie poster itself will tell you this movie is going to be sh*t. The people who made this movie have no interest in making a good film. They just want to push their feminist/SJW propaganda in every established franchise movies. Every modern blockbuster movie is like this, it's so ridiculous.
Terminator (and Alien) are some of the original feminist movies tho....

ROCSteady
11-02-2019, 04:50 PM
They were brilliantly executed characters, Sarah and Ripley. These are not.

These are contrived. These are catering. These... are cringe

Facepalm
11-02-2019, 04:55 PM
They were brilliantly executed characters, Sarah and Ripley. These are not.

These are contrived. These are catering. These... are cringe
I'm not saying this is a bad movie, haven't seen it yet. Just replying to Keep it Real about how this movie is a vehicle for SJW when the franchise already started off as one.

ROCSteady
11-02-2019, 05:05 PM
The franchise certainly did not start off as a vehicle for social justice, fck you talmbout?

nathanjizzle
11-02-2019, 05:15 PM
Wow this movie was awful. I haven't been angry watching a movie in a long time. LoL this movie shits on what made the first two legendary sci-fi mythology.

Terminator: Dark Fate misses the mark on pretty much every component of what makes a good movie.

I can't believe Hollywood keeps doing this shit and that James Cameron produced this P.O.S.

it makes money breh, they don't care about the legacy or disappointment. you got bamboozled, jokes on you.

Meticode
11-02-2019, 05:41 PM
it makes money breh, they don't care about the legacy or disappointment. you got bamboozled, jokes on you.
It's not going to make money though. The budget for the film was almost $200 million, so far this opening weekend it's only made like $25 million which is horrible. It'll be lucky to make $100 million.

Meticode
11-02-2019, 05:43 PM
I'm not saying this is a bad movie, haven't seen it yet. Just replying to Keep it Real about how this movie is a vehicle for SJW when the franchise already started off as one.
I read the plot after someone told me how bad it was.

It is f*cking horrible and a waste of time to watch it after I read it.

In my universe there is The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgement Day. After that, all the other Terminator films mean nothing to me and are nothing but garbage.

Hawker
11-02-2019, 05:52 PM
The franchise certainly did not start off as a vehicle for social justice, fck you talmbout?

Exactly.

Doesn't know the difference between forced propaganda and activism and a natural character/plot.

red1
11-02-2019, 06:47 PM
that bad huh.

was chilling with the boys stoned and bored a few years ago, hit up theaters and caught terminator genisys to kill time- shit almost put me to sleep. I couldn't even remember the title of the movie, had to google it just now.

terminator franchise really needs to end.

ROCSteady
11-02-2019, 06:56 PM

I didn

ROCSteady
11-02-2019, 07:11 PM
that bad huh.

was chilling with the boys stoned and bored a few years ago, hit up theaters and caught terminator genisys to kill time- shit almost put me to sleep. I couldn't even remember the title of the movie, had to google it just now.

terminator franchise really needs to end.

yes, that bad if you have any attachment to the OG entries.

Genysis was a crap movie but I didn't really take it serious so I saw it like a work of fan fiction, a self parody of itself. It had some entertainment value.

This has entertainment value in spots but it just ****ing sucks. It tries to be the bona fide sequel to T2 and that's why it fails so heavy.

Not to mention that Justin Bieber chick was just the worst. THE WORST. She was a snarky, condescending piece of shit who acted tough but couldn't even fight for more than an hour before she needed her insulin shot :oldlol: Worst protector ever

red1
11-02-2019, 07:18 PM
yes, that bad if you have any attachment to the OG entries.

Genysis was a crap movie but I didn't really take it serious so I saw it like a work of fan fiction, a self parody of itself. It had some entertainment value.

This has entertainment value in spots but it just ****ing sucks. It tries to be the bona fide sequel to T2 and that's why it fails so heavy.
gotcha bro. I'm not gonna act like the biggest terminator fan but I do appreciate a good sci-fi movie so I might've gone to see it on a whim - I'll keep my money, looks like this shit is a certified flop.

Not to mention that Justin Bieber chick was just the worst. THE WORST. She was a snarky, condescending piece of shit who acted tough but couldn't even figt for more than an hour before she needed her insulin shot:oldlol: Worst protector ever

typical millenial snowflake hero, folds at the first hint of pressure.

this is what happens when swole arnold's role is offered up for diversity :eek: :D

ROCSteady
11-02-2019, 07:23 PM
Exactly.

Doesn't know the difference between forced propaganda and activism and a natural character/plot.

Exactly. The sad part is that seems to be lost on many people as time goes on. Storytelling and art have been taking a back seat to brainwash propaganda for awhile, kinda depressing:lol

Blockbusters used to be legit art, now there's def some nefarious shit going down. There probably was back growing up too, but it didn't come off as a priority and also wasn't hitting the audience like a sledgehammer :hammerhead:

https://media1.giphy.com/media/xLsRerMTnRzgI/giphy.gif

JohnnySic
11-02-2019, 07:35 PM
The 3rd Terminator wasn't outright terrible. I mean, it wasn't good, but still...

ROCSteady
11-02-2019, 07:42 PM
I have a new appreciation for T3 after the last couple movies. Jesus.

coin24
11-02-2019, 10:58 PM
Last few terminators were pathetic.. I can't believe anyone watched the trailer for woke fate and decided to go pay and watch it:roll:

People don't care about these high budget "blockbusters" anymore, look at Gemini man.. they want a good story with decent characters, ie joker. Not sure why these retards havnt figured out the sjw agenda crap is turning people away in droves and costing them a ton of cash..:facepalm

warriorfan
11-02-2019, 11:06 PM
The 3rd Terminator wasn't outright terrible. I mean, it wasn't good, but still...

It

tomtucker
11-03-2019, 02:15 AM

:applause:

Patrick Chewing
11-03-2019, 02:22 AM

Is that supposed to be a trans in the middle??

tomtucker
11-03-2019, 03:05 AM
T3 was not terrible........ ending was good as well

genesis and dark fate..... pure shit

tomtucker
11-03-2019, 03:07 AM
Is that supposed to be a trans in the middle??
IT'S MAMM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb6OpRfyLFo

ROCSteady
11-03-2019, 11:14 AM
Last few terminators were pathetic.. I can't believe anyone watched the trailer for woke fate and decided to go pay and watch it:roll:

People don't care about these high budget "blockbusters" anymore, look at Gemini man.. they want a good story with decent characters, ie joker. Not sure why these retards havnt figured out the sjw agenda crap is turning people away in droves and costing them a ton of cash..:facepalm

It's a novelty thing. Me and my boys love Arnold lol I've been on his podcast few times and somehow there's always some kind of Arnold/Terminator/Predator ref :lol

Shit, we even paid to go see the movie Last Stand when it dropped because it was one of Schwarzenegger's first ones after his term :oldlol:

Yeah, this really was worse than I thought with the leftist bullshit. The Mexican character even has a line something like, "Try not to be so white." while trying to get through a Mexican market or some shit. I guess it was somewhat harmless but usually lines like that are comedic in tone and this was deadass.

dude77
11-03-2019, 11:53 AM
I saw the trailer once .. and that was enough of that movie for me

CelticBaller
11-03-2019, 06:20 PM
It's crazy how they keep trying to make a relevant franchise out of two perfect movies

let the terminator movies die

CelticBaller
11-03-2019, 06:21 PM
I think people are ok with a feminist theme as long as it's not extremely forced

Bawkish
11-04-2019, 02:01 AM
that T movie with Christian Bale as John Connor has great potential and could've handled well with a respectable director other than the actual one

Walk on Water
11-04-2019, 09:16 AM
Crazy how many Terminators there are. There was always 2 and then a 3rd came after many years. Now we have 6?

ROCSteady
11-04-2019, 12:16 PM
that T movie with Christian Bale as John Connor has great potential and could've handled well with a respectable director other than the actual one

I know. I was pumped when I heard he was cast as John...Bale playing Batman & John Connor? That was my childhood obsessions.

Unfortunately, the movie was bland and Bale didn't give a shit about giving an elite performance

Lakers Legend#32
11-04-2019, 03:45 PM
I don't know why everyone dumps on T3. Sure it had the misfortune of following up one of the greatest sci-fi flicks ever, but it's merits were still true to the foundation of the story.
Plus the ending was great.

Bawkish
11-05-2019, 03:31 AM
I don't know why everyone dumps on T3. Sure it had the misfortune of following up one of the greatest sci-fi flicks ever, but it's merits were still true to the foundation of the story.
Plus the ending was great.

yes, even Tarantino loves it

Meticode
11-05-2019, 08:16 PM
Ultimately the problem with the Terminator series after the first sequel is that you can only rehash the same plot so many different ways. For me personally even though Terminator: Salvation failed, the reason in my mind that it's the best movie between T:3, T:Genysis, T: Dark Fate and itself is that it tried to separate itself from the same plot. Terminator(s) are sent in time to protect someone. Salvation had hope, but the script for the second half of the movie severely lacked. Bale has John Connor was fine, I didn't mind Worthington either...but Skynet consciousness was laughable and the ending was meh. Still better for me personally than everything after T:2.

ROCSteady
11-05-2019, 08:51 PM
Post T2 sequel main issues.

Rise of the Machines: Nick Stahl was an awful, distracting departure from Furlong's version. There was a cheap made-for-tv sheen to the whole production, too much levity, and a poor followup to the T-1000. Bitch was wack.

Salvation: Uninspired performances, didn't fit the version of the future that fascinated us, bland color grading palette..really just bland in all ways haha. We did not need Terminator eels lmao.

Genysis: Lol the whole thing just couldn't be taken seriously. The WORST recasting in film history, the most silly and convoluted writing ever for a time travel movie (which is quite the feat), John Connor mashed Skynet tech, blown.
Arnold coming out of the battle with a T-1000 arm? Blown.

There were a few things I liked about each but they all suck lol the bar was set impossibly high

Bawkish
11-06-2019, 01:14 AM
i wonder what if James Cameron instead focused on expanding the Terminator franchise himself rather than those Avatar sequels

Those Avatar sequels were much more expensive to make in terms of SFX but suffers from mediocre story. Terminator has obviously a better storyline & more interesting world building

Meticode
11-06-2019, 08:19 PM
I read the plot because I didn't plan on seeing the movie and damn they shit all over the franchise. This is probably worse than Genysis. I mean, everything that transpired in T:2 that made you like the it dies in the first few minutes of the film. :oldlol: Remember Edward Furlong in T:2? Nope. Remember how the Terminator told John that no matter how hard he could try, he could never be human? Yep, totally ignores that in this film. Remember stopping judgement day? Nope again!

If you want a great review of the movie with spoilers and funny comments, watch The Critical Drinker's review here: https://youtu.be/cmkF5a1ysYM

Bawkish
11-07-2019, 02:45 AM
I read the plot because I didn't plan on seeing the movie and damn they shit all over the franchise. This is probably worse than Genysis. I mean, everything that transpired in T:2 that made you like the it dies in the first few minutes of the film. :oldlol: Remember Edward Furlong in T:2? Nope. Remember how the Terminator told John that no matter how hard he could try, he could never be human? Yep, totally ignores that in this film. Remember stopping judgement day? Nope again!

If you want a great review of the movie with spoilers and funny comments, watch The Critical Drinker's review here: https://youtu.be/cmkF5a1ysYM

The director Tim Miller reportedly had feuded with James Cameron over the direction of the story. He basically ignored all Cameron's input which made James :facepalm because he created this world

No wonder this Miller got fired from directing Deadpool 2

ROCSteady
11-07-2019, 08:07 PM
Bro, Rotten Tomatoes is legit propaganda, that's wild.

Terminator: Dark Fate is 71% fresh and 84% audience. Lmao, when it first opened, it was at like 30% lol

Hollywood Media, why the fack you lyin'?

coin24
11-07-2019, 09:24 PM
Bro, Rotten Tomatoes is legit propaganda, that's wild.

Terminator: Dark Fate is 71% fresh and 84% audience. Lmao, when it first opened, it was at like 30% lol

Hollywood Media, why the fack you lyin'?

Thank Disney for its demise.. it's now a sjw circle jerk for lgbtxyz morons and snowflakes...

Lakers Legend#32
11-10-2019, 04:59 AM
Rise of the Machines was a much more worthy successor to T2 than Dark Fate.