Kobe threw up 4 AIRBALLS in one game.
Specifically, Lakers @ Utah Game 5, 1997 PO

AIRBALL PARTY!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Cool for a so-called top 3 GOAT..

IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Turbo Slayer
11-02-2019, 10:56 PM
Shot 28% FG too. Just saying. It's facts.

knicksman
11-02-2019, 10:57 PM
Kawhi in his 1st try = win. Lebron + 2 superstars in miami = fail. The top 2 GOAT got beaten by someone who didnt even have an MVP in his belt. LOL

Turbo Slayer
11-02-2019, 10:58 PM
Kawhi in his 1st try = win. Lebron + 2 superstars in miami = fail. The top 2 GOAT got beaten by someone who didnt even have an MVP in his belt. LOL
Focus on the topic at hand. Advice for you. :D

knicksman
11-02-2019, 11:00 PM
Focus on the topic at hand. Advice for you. :D

Turbo Slayer
11-02-2019, 11:03 PM
focus plz :D

3ball
11-02-2019, 11:45 PM
focus plz :D
He was learning how to be clutch - the airballs were part of the process... He also learned from watching MJ make the GW in the Finals that same year against the same Jazz

These learning processes helped him have goat clutch

Otoh, Lebron defers in the clutch so teammates can brick - we see it time and again.. It's really great.. how many games did he trick away by deferring to teammates... :oldlol:

AussieSteve
11-02-2019, 11:48 PM

Kawhi has won 2 rings against injury riddled teams and in both cases it's arguable he was even the best player on his team in the finals... This is irrelevant to the thread, but seeing as though you brought it up.

Anyone suggesting that kawhi has done anything remotely close to lebron in the finals isn't interested in reality.

Gus Hemmingway
11-02-2019, 11:48 PM
He was learning how to be clutch - the airballs were part of the process... He also learned from watching MJ make the GW in the Finals that same year against the same Jazz

Otoh, Lebron defers in the clutch so teammates can brick - we see it time and again.. It's really great.. how many games did he trick away by deferring to teammates... :oldlol:

Why does LeBron have more playoff gamewinners than MJ on better FG%? :confusedshrug:

Nashty
11-02-2019, 11:51 PM

http://https://images.app.goo.gl/EvFqo2t92b6F7SSj9

Why did he never learned how to be clutch?

7-27 in potential game tying or game winning shots with 24 seconds or less in the 4th quarter in postseason.

Least clutch player ever, saved by his dominant frontcourt countless times.

3ball
11-03-2019, 12:01 AM
Why does LeBron have more playoff gamewinners than MJ on better FG%? :confusedshrug:
Because lebron played more games - MJ's frequency of game-winners is higher, and his efficiency is also higher (https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-08-2019/eY2j3S.gif)

Furthermore, MJ didn't get many game-winners in early-playoff rounds when his team was the favorite - his teams were dominating those rounds and didn't need game-winners from him.. it's the later rounds that require the game-winners, and Lebron has zero in 9 Finals, while MJ is the only player with more than 1 game-winner or tie'er in the championship (he has 4)

Btw, lebron is called a choker because he has several big chokes - that's all it takes to get the choker label, regardless of game-winners

AussieSteve
11-03-2019, 12:07 AM
Because lebron played more games - MJ's frequency of game-winners is higher, and his efficiency is also higher (https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-08-2019/eY2j3S.gif)

Furthermore, MJ didn't get many game-winners in early-playoff rounds when his team was the favorite - his teams were dominating those rounds and didn't need game-winners from him.. it's the later rounds that require the game-winners, and Lebron has zero in 9 Finals, while MJ is the only player with more than 1 game-winner or tie'er in the championship (he has 4)

Btw, lebron is called a choker because he has several big chokes - that's all it takes to get the choker label, regardless of game-winners

You can generally disregard most of what 3ball has to say. But this is a pretty check mate kind of post. Some things about MJ's greatness are up for debate. The fact that he is unequivocally the most clutch player ever is not.

3ball
11-03-2019, 12:26 AM
You can generally disregard most of what 3ball has to say. But this is a pretty check mate kind of post. Some things about MJ's greatness are up for debate. The fact that he is unequivocally the most clutch player ever is not.

Indeed, old MJ had 20% more clutch attempts (last 5 minutes of tight games) at much higher efficiency than Lebron:

Playoff shots in last 5 minutes, within 5 points, since 2001

134-323 for Lebron.. 41.4%
108 games.. 3.0 attempts per game

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/shot_finder.cgi?request=1&match=play&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&is_playoffs=Y&q4=Y&q5=Y&time_remain_minutes=5&time_remain_seconds=0&time_remain_comp=le&margin_min=-5&margin_max=5&player_id=jamesle01&order_by=date_game

Jordan 1997 Playoffs (https://stats.nba.com/players/clutch-traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=-1&Season=1996-97&SeasonType=Playoffs&PerMode=Totals):. 20-39.. 51.3% (11 games)
Jordan 1998 Playoffs (https://stats.nba.com/players/clutch-traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=-1&Season=1997-98&SeasonType=Playoffs&PerMode=Totals):. 22-50.. 44.0% (14 games)

42-89 for MJ.. 47.2%
25 games.. 3.6 attempts per game

Old MJ had much higher clutch efficiency and attempts than Lebron - the goat in tight games

its VERY RARE to see this kind of clear separation at the very top of any profession:

knicksman
11-03-2019, 01:12 AM
Kawhi has won 2 rings against injury riddled teams and in both cases it's arguable he was even the best player on his team in the finals... This is irrelevant to the thread, but seeing as though you brought it up.

Anyone suggesting that kawhi has done anything remotely close to lebron in the finals isn't interested in reality.

So kawhi who could win without superteams is the one who needs to do what Lebron did. LOL

AlternativeAcc.
11-03-2019, 01:13 AM

Interesting, care to back this up with evidence?

sammichoffate
11-03-2019, 01:24 AM
Ppl like OP make more threads about Kobe than actual stans do these days, it's fking pathetic. Oh wait, they're all the same person nvm.

PWB15
11-03-2019, 01:29 AM

AIRBALL PARTY!!!

IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Lebron tarnished his legacy when he left 3 teams after failing in the playoffs and then begged muther****ers to play with him so he can get another CHEAP RING

Overdrive
11-03-2019, 06:23 AM
Using the past participle after "did" is something only a few posters do and they all happen to be Lebron stans. Coincidence?

Also how could he just have tarnished his legacy, when that happened 22 years ago?

Mr Feeny
11-03-2019, 07:28 AM
Using the past participle after "did" is something only a few posters do and they all happen to be Lebron stans. Coincidence?

Also how could he just have tarnished his legacy, when that happened 22 years ago?

It never ceases to amaze me when I see the same mistakes over and over again. Simple past and past participle being misused. This dumb a$$ (with 20 alts) keeps making the exact same mistake. If you're going to use a p. Participle, use an auxiliary verb.

It gives him away every time.

Turbo Slayer
11-03-2019, 07:37 AM
It never ceases to amaze me when I see the same mistakes over and over again. Simple past and past participle being misused. This dumb a$$ (with 20 alts) keeps making the exact same mistake. If you're going to use a p. Participle, use an auxiliary verb.

It gives him away every time.
Who cares about spelling. Im 14 so whatever. :biggums: I'm just a kid bro.

Love you for calling me(a kid) a dumbass. You should be proud of yourself.

And if you doubt me as a 14 yr old kid. I can show my youtube vids.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Lebron6
11-03-2019, 07:40 AM
Who cares about spelling. Im 14 so whatever. :biggums: I'm just a kid bro.

Love you for calling me(a kid) a dumbass. You should be proud of yourself.

And if you doubt me as a 14 yr old kid. I can show my youtube vids.

Yo I remember you, Turbo Slayer. Youre that kid who gave a shoutout to InsideHoops. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Youre a legend. :bowdown:

Made me laugh.

sportjames23
11-03-2019, 08:13 AM

AIRBALL PARTY!!!

IN THE PLAYOFFS.

How you gonna ask if Kobe

Turbo Slayer
11-03-2019, 11:09 AM
:roll:

Fuming.

ImKobe
11-03-2019, 11:17 AM
He was 18

tontoz
11-03-2019, 11:20 AM
Seriously he was a teenage rookie. It was a team decision for him to take those shots because they all knew he was the best 1 on 1 player on the team. He just choked, not unusual for teenage rookies in the playoffs.

Dumb thread.

Lebron6
11-03-2019, 11:23 AM
:roll:

Fuming.
Kobe stans getting triggered by a 14 year old teen. LMAO

:roll: :roll: :roll: :wtf: :wtf:

Lebron6
11-03-2019, 11:34 AM
He was 18
So what?

LeBron is a better clutch player than Kobe. :wtf:

Come at me. :pimp: Fake-ass narratives that say Lebron isn't clutch. Yall fake.

BTW,

OP is a legend for making me laugh at the video OP made. :roll:

Hope he see my post. :rockon:

Turbo Slayer
11-03-2019, 11:41 AM
So what?

LeBron is a better clutch player than Kobe. :wtf:

Come at me. :pimp: Fake-ass narratives that say Lebron isn't clutch. Yall fake.

BTW,

OP is a legend for making me laugh at the video OP made. :roll:

Hope he see my post. :rockon:
:cheers: Hope you have a good day, Lebron6.

Anyway,

Kobe shot 26% of his clutch shots

LeBron shot 42% of his clutch shots

It is statistically fact.