PDA

View Full Version : Luka 29, 15, and 14...

stalkerforlife
11-03-2019, 10:44 PM
MVP.

He's the best alive at 20 years old.

:roll:

SpaceJam
11-03-2019, 10:45 PM
Against the trash Cavs, yawn bro

Smook A.
11-03-2019, 10:45 PM
Dude's unreal

stalkerforlife
11-03-2019, 10:47 PM
Against the trash Cavs, yawn bro

So Bran's stats don't matter all those years in the east?

Thanks for confirming. :cheers:

Turbo Slayer
11-03-2019, 10:47 PM
:applause: good for Luka should be a candidate for mvp at very least. :applause: :applause:

RRR3
11-03-2019, 10:48 PM

Obsessed.

stalkerforlife
11-03-2019, 10:49 PM
Obsessed.

You with me?

Yes.

SpaceJam
11-03-2019, 10:51 PM

39/12/16 and the dub counts though :bowdown:

stalkerforlife
11-03-2019, 10:53 PM
39/12/16 and the dub counts though :bowdown:

Give Luka a top 5 player and his roster and it wouldn't be close.

tontoz
11-03-2019, 10:53 PM
I think Luka is similar to Harden in that he is more athletic than he looks. He can beat guys off the dribble routinely and you can't do that on handles alone.

Quite a fun player to watch.

macmac
11-03-2019, 10:54 PM
29-15-14 looks like a Slovanian phone number. Dude is an absolute beast

red1
11-03-2019, 10:56 PM
I think Luka is similar to Harden in that he is more athletic than he looks. He can beat guys off the dribble routinely and you can't do that on handles alone.

Quite a fun player to watch.
he'll clearly have a better career than harden. with his size and shooting he's going to have a lot of big moments in the playoffs unlike harden who's routinely under-performed to a disgusting extent.

red1
11-03-2019, 10:57 PM
29-15-14 looks like a Slovanian phone number. Dude is an absolute beast
:oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
11-03-2019, 11:02 PM
But have we seen what he can do against Wichita State?

FireDavidKahn
11-03-2019, 11:03 PM
Dude's unreal
I've been pimping him for YEARS.

LUKA DONTHICC:

Spurs m8
11-03-2019, 11:13 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

If he was black the forum would be losing their sh1t

ImKobe
11-03-2019, 11:25 PM
Greatest white player of all time.

hiphopanonymous
11-03-2019, 11:26 PM

holy shyt that was a brutal putback :oldlol:

PP34Deuce
11-03-2019, 11:58 PM
Luka is like ginobilli meets harden

Gotta work on his temper tantrums though. He and KP are great building blocks..

FultzNationRISE
11-04-2019, 12:04 AM
holy shyt that was a brutal putback

:wtf:

Are you ACTUAL stupid??

Lebron was ON THE CAVALIERS. Them being a shit team proves nothing about the competition he faced. He was playing FOR that shit team, AGAINST the rest of the league.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :wtf:

bobopenguin
11-04-2019, 12:31 AM
Greatest white player of all time.

this.
Greatest white player with biggest ball,
i love this guy. Hope he will come to Lakers one day.
lol

DoctorP
11-04-2019, 12:41 AM
lucky luka gonna luka

G0ATbe
11-04-2019, 01:00 AM
He Idolized and modeled his game after bron. Not surprised hes balling

stalkerforlife
11-04-2019, 01:08 AM
:wtf:

Are you ACTUAL stupid??

Lebron was ON THE CAVALIERS. Them being a shit team proves nothing about the competition he faced. He was playing FOR that shit team, AGAINST the rest of the league.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :wtf:

The Cavs are the caliber of team Bran faced routinely in the east.

Try to keep up.

Mr Feeny
11-04-2019, 01:11 AM
Does anyone think he has a chance to end up as good as Dirk? Or better?

stalkerforlife
11-04-2019, 01:14 AM
Does anyone think he has a chance to end up as good as Dirk? Or better?

If he stays healthy, he'll surpass Dirk.

That's a given.

FultzNationRISE
11-04-2019, 01:36 AM
The Cavs are the caliber of team Bran faced routinely in the east.

Try to keep up.

So they finished roughly in the middle of the conference in the years he wasn't there, right?

They didn't finish dead last like 3 out of the 4 seasons he was gone?

Because they're basically the caliber of the conference itself, right?

stalkerforlife
11-04-2019, 01:52 AM
So they finished roughly in the middle of the conference in the years he wasn't there, right?

They didn't finish dead last like 3 out of the 4 seasons he was gone?

Because they're basically the caliber of the conference itself, right?

The current Cavs are the caliber of team Bran faced 3-4 times a year while in the east with his super teams.

Stuffing meaningless stats, at least according to your fellow Bransvestite.

stalkerforlife
11-04-2019, 01:57 AM
The current Cavs are the caliber of team Bran faced 3-4 times a year while in the east with his super teams.

Stuffing meaningless stats, at least according to your fellow Bransvestite.

And of course Luka is doing it without a super team.

And as a matter of fact, a team you have stated won't even sniff the playoffs.

So his numbers are actually necessary.

warriorfan
11-04-2019, 01:58 AM
Luka Donthicc

The Chosen One

FultzNationRISE
11-04-2019, 02:06 AM
And of course Luka is doing it without a super team.

And as a matter of fact, a team you have stated won't even sniff the playoffs.

So his numbers are actually necessary.

Tsk tsk tsk.

Trying to spin the narrative that I'm rooting against Doncic, because it fits your "bran vs luka" bifurcated reality.

The truth is they're BOTH geniuses with big peniuses, and Luka plays more like Lebron than he does anyone else. Their games are extremely similar.

IT'S EATIN YOU UP INSIDE, IDN'T IT BOY?

aj1987
11-04-2019, 02:41 AM
MVP.

He's the best alive at 20 years old.

Luka on LeBron:

[QUOTE][SIZE="3"]

tontoz
11-04-2019, 09:05 PM
His game is very similar to Lebron. Not surprising that he idolized him.

hiphopanonymous
11-04-2019, 09:15 PM
Luka on LeBron:

https://twitter.com/michaeljduarte/status/1057862939288330240?s=20
No surprise here - wouldn't you agree we are indoctrinized on tv that the current players are the best thing that's ever happened and/or debated with the next most recent thing? (IE, MJ vs LeBron). It's all Luka has ever seen in his young life. I wouldn't be surprised if he puts LeBron and MJ as his top two based on that's simply all people tend to put on tv or YouTube debates. It's the two most recent players to have been coined the best by the media.

He'll learn about players from well before his time one day. He's got a good basketball mind. It's impressive peeling back the layers of basketball history no shame on his part for being young and idolizing recent/current great all-around players :applause: One day he'll watch some Magic and Bird tape, maybe some Jabbar, and maybe more and likely realize there's more to NBA history's "best" debate than just MJ and LeBron. But he looks like such a hard worker he may not do that until he's retired himself and that's as it should be - he should focus on his own game for now he's balling like crazy

BarberSchool
11-04-2019, 10:01 PM
If Doncic can radically alter his diet, and off season conditioning, and get in better shape, his skills and mind already have shown he can become a top 25 player of all time.

It's very early, and he has a very long way to go, starting with bodyfat and slightly slowish feet, but given how good he already is, in the best league in the world, at 20 .......

....the sky is truly the limit.

BarberSchool
11-04-2019, 10:49 PM
But he looks like such a hard worker he may not do that until he's retired himself and that's as it should be - he should focus on his own game for now he's balling like crazyI realize there is more to 'hard work' than being in peak physical condition, and I'm sure Luka does put in alot of work on ball handling, scoring, passing, and surprisingly, his very good rebounding.

But the kind of shape he is in, not bad but not great, does indicate a level of commitment to excellence that isn't 100% there yet.
Some players who are great young, do not feel as compelled to continue to improve, as much as players who were not considered great as teenagers. Darron Williams is a perfect example. The fact Doncic hasn't gotten in 'that much' better shape yet, isn't as much concern as joker still being a bag of butter who probably has a diet that is 80% carbohydrates, but it does show what I think is at least partially ....a player who is so good, they know they can get by on talent alone WITHOUT being in top shape.

aj1987
11-05-2019, 02:02 PM
No surprise here - wouldn't you agree we are indoctrinized on tv that the current players are the best thing that's ever happened and/or debated with the next most recent thing? (IE, MJ vs LeBron). It's all Luka has ever seen in his young life. I wouldn't be surprised if he puts LeBron and MJ as his top two based on that's simply all people tend to put on tv or YouTube debates. It's the two most recent players to have been coined the best by the media.

He'll learn about players from well before his time one day. He's got a good basketball mind. It's impressive peeling back the layers of basketball history no shame on his part for being young and idolizing recent/current great all-around players :applause: One day he'll watch some Magic and Bird tape, maybe some Jabbar, and maybe more and likely realize there's more to NBA history's "best" debate than just MJ and LeBron. But he looks like such a hard worker he may not do that until he's retired himself and that's as it should be - he should focus on his own game for now he's balling like crazy
Are you high?

You're like 30 and consider Chokerlain to be the GOAT based on a couple of hours of footage and newspaper clippings. :roll: :roll:

ImKobe
11-05-2019, 02:05 PM
Are you high?

You're like 30 and consider Chokerlain to be the GOAT based on a couple of hours of footage and newspaper clippings. :roll: :roll:

"but he scored 100 doe"

do we have video footage of that? no? :lol

HoopologyPhD
11-05-2019, 02:19 PM
Luka's dominating, Mister Rogers movie dropping soon, what a time to be alive!:hammertime: :party:

hiphopanonymous
11-05-2019, 04:00 PM
Are you high?

I generally don’t subscribe to the idea “greatest of all time” - it’s crude, simple, and inadequate. A fun banter people can have but goes nowhere fast when you start really taking a deep dive - but I enjoy occasionally helping others learn about other players they may be unaware of if the have a very specific criteria and mention some players but omit others that maybe also fall under their criteria that they just aren’t aware of. I do really enjoy the history of the game, if you don’t no big deal

aj1987
11-19-2019, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=hiphopanonymous]I generally don

hiphopanonymous
11-19-2019, 04:57 PM
The question still stands. Are you high?

This statement stands as well:

You're like 30 and consider Chokerlain to be the GOAT based on a couple of hours of footage and newspaper clippings.
I don't mind having a discussion with folks on here about basketball but you're out of line professing to know my opinions because you absolutely don't know my opinions and I'll point out why:

I was crystal clear to you the first time you tried to assume my position that I don't consider anyone "The GOAT". It's too simple and shallow. I don't like shallow conversations on topics I enjoy, do you? Because you've assumed I had a simplistic shallow view on this twice now I can only assume you're projecting and that you yourself might be someone with a rather shallow opinion on this. I'm not very interested in having further discussion with you, but I'll elaborate for others below in case anyone in the future tries to have a discussion with me about basketball:

Unless a person considered his accolades (unparalleled regular stats and records, in a variety of scoring and facilitating roles) and individual dominance (both physically as a general athlete, and stats and impact on both offense and defense) to be the criteria for GOAT - then he's your guy. He had moderate playoff success, with a few playoff disappointments - that can be ignored, if those other things are weighed most heavily.

But if you weigh impact on playoff success most heavily it's got to be Bill Russell. He was also moderately skilled and physically capable himself vs other all-time greats, more so than most people realize, so the fact that he was no Wilt, or even MJ with scoring should mean zilch if you weigh most heavily on his impact on playoff success. This goes all the way back to his college years and Olympics, it isn't just the NBA.

If you think it's some form of combo or blend of either of those extremes it's MJ, or Kareem, and maybe LBJ. And the specific recipe to land on those guys will depend on how much you value "all around ability" or "longevity" or "college+NBA success" etc etc etc. Or heck, it could even be how positionless you want them to be as players. Maybe you don't like centers because they play so specifically, don't like apples? Ok have an orange. Pick MJ or LeBron.

You can steer in an entirely different direction and argue other players are the GOAT as well, I don't hate on people for picking Magic, or Bird, Kobe/Duncan/Olajuwon - etc! But the criteria better not suit a different player better is only when I like to chime in, with a general knowledge of the history of the game going back deeper than most people even care to go. But that's cleared up easily too if a person just goes off on a tangent about how some ultra specific facet of their favorite players game, that they did better than no-one else - is the most important thing. Or you can simply say they're the player that inspired you most and so they're your GOAT for that reason.

I am fully content with anyone picking any player as their GOAT. I don't really subscribe to the idea that one player is better than anyone else unless you go into specifics like I mentioned above. You have to since there's been so much variety. The game also always changes and has players that do vastly different things from one another or things in vastly different ways, there can never be a correct answer on this.