PDA

View Full Version : okay really though, is Lebron still the best in the NBA?

PCCM_29
11-04-2019, 11:03 AM
Looking at the last 17 years, it's been:

Lebron or Kobe
Lebron or Durant
Lebron or Harden
Lebron or Steph
Lebron or Kawahi

A pattern. It's always been Lebron or someone else who may be finally taking the throne.

The outcome. That someone else falls by the wayside from the definitive best (hanging around No 2, 3, 4, 5).

After last year's injury, it looked like Lebron may finally decline. Not that we saw any evidence, it just seemed like the right time.

Did Lebron vs Luka kinda seal the deal that he still has it in him?

Lakers and Lebron right now:
Best record in the W
Best point differential
Leader in assists

Guys calm down, it's only game 6

#revengeseason

Andrei89
11-04-2019, 11:06 AM
I think Kawhi at this point is better. Best two way player since Jordania.

Better than prime Lebron though? Hell naaw

Indian guy
11-04-2019, 11:12 AM
Nah

Kawhi
Giannis
Curry
Harden (once he gets going)

4 players that are definitely better

ArbitraryWater
11-04-2019, 11:13 AM
we will see

he's looked the best so far

and he has bragging rights until someone outplays him in the playoffs

AlternativeAcc.
11-04-2019, 11:13 AM
Nah

Kawhi
Giannis
Curry

:roll:

AirTupac
11-04-2019, 11:16 AM
Nah

Kawhi
Giannis
Curry

How is Curry or Harden better? LeBrons blowing them out of the water. And I thought LeBron was barely top 10 last year. LeBron's top 3 this year so far.

Manny98
11-04-2019, 11:34 AM
Yep at least until KD gets back, LeBron has been elite defensively this year and peaking as a playmaker averaging 11 assists

1. LeBron
2. Kawhi
3. Giannis
4. AD

Manny98
11-04-2019, 11:35 AM
Nah

Kawhi
Giannis
Curry

Harden? :roll: :roll: :roll:

chains5000
11-04-2019, 11:36 AM
we will see

he's looked the best so far

and he has bragging rights until someone outplays him in the playoffs
C'mon, that's a really bad argument considering last season.

He's not the best anymore.

ArbitraryWater
11-04-2019, 11:37 AM
C'mon, that's a really bad argument considering last season.

He's not the best anymore.

No one did anything in the 2019 playoffs that was better than what LeBron did in ANY post-season 2012-2018

Just a heads up

chains5000
11-04-2019, 11:38 AM
No one did anything in the 2019 playoffs that was better than what LeBron did in ANY post-season 2012-2018

Just a heads up
I repeat, this thread is about him NOW, why would the 2012-2018 matter?

BTW, the whole Raptors team did something better than what Lebron did some of those seasons, they actually won the title.

DoctorP
11-04-2019, 11:52 AM
Lord Brando is showing signs of age but he's still up there as one of the best if not the best..

ArbitraryWater
11-04-2019, 11:54 AM
I repeat, this thread is about him NOW, why would the 2012-2018 matter?

BTW, the whole Raptors team did something better than what Lebron did some of those seasons, they actually won the title.

this is about who the best player is

we'll decide in the playoffs, so far, until someone clearly bumps him off his throne then, its LeBron

Bosnian Sajo
11-04-2019, 12:01 PM
Kawhi is easily the best player in the NBA atm, there is no discussion to be had.

LeBron doing his thing, though. Boy LOVES playing with AD, Superman, and Danny Clutch.

bullettooth
LeBron isn't even the best on his team.

chains5000

we'll decide in the playoffs, so far, until someone clearly bumps him off his throne then, its LeBron
C'mon... They already did that last season
I mean, 16 teams did better than Lebron in the playoffs:confusedshrug:

r0drig0lac
11-04-2019, 12:03 PM
no, Kawhi is

guy
11-04-2019, 12:08 PM

The ****? Lebron literally missed the playoffs :oldlol:

Not sure how this is a discussion. Lebron missed the playoffs while Kawhi was clearly the best player in last years playoffs and led a relatively below average contender to a championship. And since then, Kawhi clearly outplayed Lebron in their lone matchup. Why is it even a discussion?

ArbitraryWater
11-04-2019, 12:09 PM
C'mon... They already did that last season
I mean, 16 teams did better than Lebron in the playoffs:confusedshrug:

You're still not getting it. This conversation is disappointing.

ArbitraryWater
11-04-2019, 12:14 PM
The ****? Lebron literally missed the playoffs :oldlol:

Not sure how this is a discussion. Lebron missed the playoffs while Kawhi was clearly the best player in last years playoffs and led a relatively below average contender to a championship. And since then, Kawhi clearly outplayed Lebron in their lone matchup. Why is it even a discussion?

Kawhi never ever has been better than LeBron.

Even last year he wasn't.

LeBron was having a meh season for his standards and was better

27/9/8 on 51% >> 27/7/3 on 50%

guy
11-04-2019, 12:19 PM

2 extra rebounds and higher assist numbers when you dominate the ball to the degree he does does not mean shit. Not to mention how one was probably the best defender in the league while the other was terrible. Watch games, not stats.

And what happened in terms of their performance last year is more indicative of today and the future then years before that. So the fact that Lebron had a

Bosnian Sajo
11-04-2019, 12:19 PM

This kid is a ****ing dumbass, straight up.

chains5000
11-04-2019, 12:32 PM
You're still not getting it. This conversation is disappointing.
C'mon... every player gets old and stops being as good as before, Lebron's had a really long prime but he's not the best anymore

ArbitraryWater
11-04-2019, 12:37 PM
C'mon... every player gets old and stops being as good as before, Lebron's had a really long prime but he's not the best anymore

athletes stay longer great than ever before

Ronaldo is 34 and either #1 or #2

PP34Deuce
11-04-2019, 01:55 PM
Lebron is tough to evaluate.....

Kawhi is definitely a better player than him. KD when healthy is a better player.

Lebron "coasts" a lot. When he turns it up he looks better than AD, Harden, Curry, etc...

I'd say he's still a top 5-7 player that can be top 3 when he's motivated.

brooks_thompson
11-04-2019, 04:21 PM
No he

Turbo Slayer
11-04-2019, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=brooks_thompson]No he

ImKobe
11-04-2019, 04:59 PM
He's not even the best player on his own team bro.

No he’s not. But he has one thing going for him that the better players don’t have, and the thing that always gets overlooked, and that’s more experience. He can still win it all with this Lakers team, because he knows how to stick around and at times he will be able to channel his prime self.

When you’re as good as he was, and when you have as much experience as he has, he’s like a ****in cockroach that won’t go away. Teams will not be able to make stupid mistakes against the Lakers. The stars will have to show up to beat the Lakers. It will probably be a close contest like the Mavs game the other night. Lebron’s far from washed, and until he is, he’s gonna be as resilient as the damn cockroach.

Lebron doesn't have to be the best player on his team anymore so he can save his energy for late game situations. He has the most dominant big man in the league to throw the ball to on every possession, he has great defensive players around him to clean up some of his mistakes, he's currently still playing way too many minutes but I reckon he'll get to rest in many blowout wins and B2Bs against bad teams.

Andrei89
11-04-2019, 05:39 PM
I agreed in Kawhi but duded here putting Giannis, Curry and Harden over Lebron:lol :lol

Giannis - > Lebron a better playmaker, scorer, shooter, more clutch

Harden- -> You kidding me with this shit?

Curry?- > There is nothing Curry is better than Lebron at except shooting

StrongLurk
11-04-2019, 05:56 PM
Kawhi is best right now until further notice.

knicksman
11-04-2019, 06:02 PM
Thats the beauty of being a statpadder. Thats why westbrook and harden have MVPs while kawhi has none. But the question is can he win without superteam? Nah so lebron has never been the best player in the league. There are lots of players who could win with less.

bullettooth
11-04-2019, 06:17 PM
Thats the beauty of being a statpadder. Thats why westbrook and harden have MVPs while kawhi has none. But the question is can he win without superteam? Nah so lebron has never been the best player in the league. There are lots of players who could win with less.

https://i.postimg.cc/Gt7KCvCg/lebron-stats-or-rings.gif

ArbitraryWater
11-04-2019, 06:19 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/C5MF1xc3/bran2.gif

PP34Deuce
11-04-2019, 06:26 PM
The stats thing to me makes no sense with logic.

The fact is he's been to the finals and he's won rings. He's also lost finals.

Some great stad padders don't get to even the Conference finals. You can talk about conference disparity and what if's all you want. The fact is he wins a lot in the playoffs and has not come up huge consistently in the finals.

I don't think he's top 3 all time but he's easily a top 5-7 player in the history of the game. Even NBA guys from different eras have said that much.

The jordan narrative means nothing. Everyone knows Jordan is greater.

Rico2016
11-04-2019, 06:27 PM

How many "stat padders" have 3 FMVP? 4 regular season MVPs? Be careful how you answer this.

knicksman
11-04-2019, 06:31 PM
The stats thing to me makes no sense with logic.

The fact is he's been to the finals and he's won rings. He's also lost finals.

Some great stad padders don't get to even the Conference finals. You can talk about conference disparity and what if's all you want. The fact is he wins a lot in the playoffs and has not come up huge consistently in the finals.

I don't think he's top 3 all time but he's easily a top 5-7 player in the history of the game. Even NBA guys from different eras have said that much.

The jordan narrative means nothing. Everyone knows Jordan is greater.

remove superteams and hes not winning any ring. Thus a statpadder.

knicksman
11-04-2019, 06:33 PM
How many "stat padders" have 3 FMVP? 4 regular season MVPs? Be careful how you answer this.

How many statpadders have superteams?

AussieSteve
11-04-2019, 06:37 PM

Dude. You've been banging on about kawhi winning without a superteam.The facts are he has not proven that he can win anything without joining a team that is capable of winning 60 and going deep in the playoffs without him. What is your definition of a superteam? For me taking a 55-60 win team and adding an MVP candidate probably meets the criteria.

The spurs were a top 2 team in the west without kawhi. The raptors were a top 2 team in the east without kawhi and have started this season 4-2 also.

Furthermore he has beaten two teams that were decimated by injury in the finals. Heat were washed outsude LeBron and we also see now what the dubs look like without KD and Klay... awful.

And look at him now... forming a super team in LAC!?

Kawhi has proven two things
1. He can win chips when he is given the best cast in the league and his opposition are injured.
2. He is great at forming suoerteams without raising the eyebrows of lebron haters

PP34Deuce
11-04-2019, 06:45 PM
remove superteams and hes not winning any ring. Thus a statpadder.

The way you made this sound gave it more of an emotional response. Bottom line is before super teams he was winning 60 games and advancing deep in the playoffs.

A stat padder is usually a talented player in a bad situation or someone who doesn't play winning basketball. How you define winning basketball is up to you....

But most franchises will take wins, success, and chances at competing for a title anyday. Lebron has provided that in his career.

knicksman
11-04-2019, 06:51 PM
Dude. You've been banging on about kawhi winning without a superteam.The facts are he has not proven that he can win anything without joining a team that is capable of winning 60 and going deep in the playoffs without him. What is your definition of a superteam? For me taking a 55-60 win team and adding an MVP candidate probably meets the criteria.

The spurs were a top 2 team in the west without kawhi. The raptors were a top 2 team in the east without kawhi and have started this season 4-2 also.

Furthermore he has beaten two teams that were decimated by injury in the finals. Heat were washed outsude LeBron and we also see now what the dubs look like without KD and Klay... awful.

And look at him now... forming a super team in LAC!?

Kawhi has proven two things
1. He can win chips when he is given the best cast in the league and his opposition are injured.
2. He is great at forming suoerteams without raising the eyebrows of lebron haters

what was the spurs record when kawhi left or sit out? And now raptors are a 60 win team when they just got swept by lebron. LOL 60 wins in the east means nothing just like the 60 win hawks. Raptors arent a 60 win team in the west. And spurs are destroying the warriors when kawhi was healthy. The same warriors that swept lebrons superteam. And who cares about injuries. Lebron won against the warriors coz they are also injured.

RRR3
11-04-2019, 06:53 PM
Poor bricksman :(

knicksman
11-04-2019, 07:04 PM
The way you made this sound gave it more of an emotional response. Bottom line is before super teams he was winning 60 games and advancing deep in the playoffs.

A stat padder is usually a talented player in a bad situation or someone who doesn't play winning basketball. How you define winning basketball is up to you....

But most franchises will take wins, success, and chances at competing for a title anyday. Lebron has provided that in his career.

kawhi doesnt play with the ball on his hands coz he want to preserve stamina to play defense and takeover in the 4th. Hes willing to sacrifice his apg for defense which doesnt appear on the statsheet. Thats winning basketball. Thats the opposite of lebron. Thats why lebron is a statpadder. And just because you are a statpadder doesnt mean you arent winning games anymore. And east has been historically weak. Even AI could make it to the finals in that conference so its not really that great of an achievement.

knicksman
11-04-2019, 07:05 PM
Poor bricksman :(

Nah its not me whos low IQ.

AussieSteve
11-04-2019, 07:09 PM
what was the spurs record when kawhi left or sit out? And now raptors are a 60 win team when they just got swept by lebron. LOL 60 wins in the east means nothing just like the 60 win hawks. Raptors arent a 60 win team in the west. And spurs are destroying the warriors when kawhi was healthy. The same warriors that swept lebrons superteam. And who cares about injuries. Lebron won against the warriors coz they are also injured.

So quick to asterisk everything that lebron achieves, but sweep every favourable circumstance for kawhi under the rug.

I'm not here to say who's better (although I think it's pretty obvious who is the better player in 2019), but you my friend are way to transparent with your inconsistency.

knicksman
11-04-2019, 07:20 PM
So quick to asterisk everything that lebron achieves, but sweep every favourable circumstance for kawhi under the rug.

I'm not here to say who's better (although I think it's pretty obvious who is the better player in 2019), but you my friend are way to transparent with your inconsistency.

If lebron won the ring that year, then maybe those raptors team are a 60 win team. But a team of youngsters made it to 7 games against the same cavs team and that same cavs team got swept in the finals. Sorry but that raptors arent a 60 win team in the west. And as Ive said, spurs with kawhi are destroying the warriors while theyre just an 8th seed without him. Its too obvious that the guy is an impact player, so I dont know why you guys are discrediting him so hard. Maybe because it exposes how incompetent bron is. :confusedshrug:

DoctorP
11-04-2019, 07:20 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Gt7KCvCg/lebron-stats-or-rings.gif

:lol

DoctorP
11-04-2019, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=brooks_thompson]No he