PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Basketball Image *A must see*

Angel Face
11-05-2019, 03:36 AM
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-8b893ad552e4c4038010644f0113ed36

Not surprising. MJ did more with less. LeBron created his star studded squad still ended up 3/9.

Image is from 2016.

bison
11-05-2019, 03:41 AM
Those of us who have been watching basketball for more than 20 years have a better perspective on this. Jordan is etched in our memories as a winner, while lebron...

https://i.ibb.co/xfChjZS/94-D520-E8-7-B3-C-40-B5-9-F41-843-AE70-D91-E8.jpg

stalkerforlife
11-05-2019, 03:50 AM
:roll:

Uncle Drew
11-05-2019, 03:52 AM
Thank you Angel Face, very nice. Now include George Gervin, Artis Gilmore and Robert Parish and Jordan already eclipses that 44. :roll:

We win, again. You cats can't play with us.

SpaceJam
11-05-2019, 04:13 AM
Use All NBA teams bro, I’ve been over this but Jeff must have cleaned it all out.

All NBA gives a better idea of talent due to lesser spots up for grabs

You can’t tell me with a straight face, Kyle Lowry’s all star appearance last season is equal to Pippen’s in 92, but in this little narrative they both are equal to the value of 1

Kblaze8855
11-05-2019, 07:05 AM
Why are the people who make these "Gotcha" charts to bad at it?

If youre gonna count Rashard Lewis who won a title putting up 1.5ppg in the playoffs whats the point? And nobody would trade Kukoc for Miami Lewis or Ray and I dont imagine many who remember the 90s well would say Big Z was better either. Especially not in the time in question. And nooooooobody who saw the 90s would take Miami Lewis or Ray over Horace Grant....and few would take Z. Horace killed the Bulls inside in 95. He had more to do with them beating us than Penny did.

When I saw Ray I actually assumed this was about how the people have a ton of games made but werent actually stars at the time in question.

A better chart would list all the washed up all stars both had so people could draw their own conclusions. Not that that would be accurate either.

Shane Battier, Mike Miller, and Tristan Thompson had more to contribute than some of those listed but not being all stars at any point we cant acknowledge it? Hell Larry Hughes was nothing to talk about....but he was better on the Cavs than Rashard Lewis was in Miami. But listing him with a "0" would suggest he was worse because Lewis was better years earlier....

Do better chart people.

ArbitraryWater
11-05-2019, 07:15 AM
OP, you have been deemed retarded by kblaze.

Seek help.

Kblaze8855
11-05-2019, 08:09 AM
I dont know about OP but the chart itself?

I have a long history with these hater charts. This is a post of mine from 2013 on one of them that had a bunch of "facts" about how many shots Kobe was missing....

A lot of those are just made up. How the hell would they know how many buzzer beaters Jerry West, Sam Jones, Cousy, Hondo, Gervin, or Monroe missed?

And some that could be checked on I dont believe he holds. Rick barry took 40+ shots in I think 5 games of one finals and he had some 10-30 or so games too. If Kobe surpassed Rick Barrys missed shot total for 67 id be shocked. Off the top of my head Barry went like 15-45, 10-30, and 22 of 48 or 50 before he got hot at the end of the series. How could Kobe have missed more shots? Even in a 7 game series. Barry had nights missing more shots than Kobe took most of the time. Dude took 45-50 shots at least once a week. It didnt stop in the finals. He put up 40ppg but he probably averaged 38 shots and missed way more than half.

And if things like that are wrong it throws the whole list into question. Im all for well done hate if you are making sense. But a lot of these charts, lists, and so on only look reasonable to people who dont know enough to question it.

I should start producing these hater chart things. Mine wouldnt be 100% right either but it wouldnt be wrong enough to make me look like an idiot.

Maybe ill whip up some factual/rational hater charts for everyone to use going forward. Most of them are a joke to anyone who takes a good look.

ImKobe
11-05-2019, 09:00 AM
AD and Wade are by far better than anyone Jordan ever played with.

PCCM_29
11-05-2019, 09:06 AM

Not surprising. MJ did more with less. LeBron created his star studded squad still ended up 3/9.

Image is from 2016.

Completely misleading.

It's not who you have. It's who you have against WHO YOU FACE that = Championship.

Lebron has faced some of the best teams in NBA history in the finals; Bulls faced "oh yeah they were pretty good that year" teams.

ImKobe
11-05-2019, 09:10 AM
Completely misleading.

It's not who you have. It's who you have against WHO YOU FACE that = Championship.

Lebron has faced some of the best teams in NBA history in the finals; Bulls faced "oh yeah they were pretty good that year" teams.

Lebron got bailed out in two Finals wins (Parker injury + miracle comeback in 2013, Steph, Bogut Iggy injuries + dray suspension in 2016) and beat an inexperienced OKC squad with a bunch of 22-23 year-olds.

Jordan never had a Dwyane Wade or a Kyrie Irving take over in a must win Finals game because he was so dominant he didn't need one, he never even faced elimination. Jordan faced all-time greats in their primes in the Finals on loaded rosters, the worst Finals team he faced still had prime Magic, Divac and Worthy(did get injured but they were up 3 - 1 at that point) and it wasn't even close.

FKAri
11-05-2019, 10:09 AM
Incredible how much LeLift elevated his teammates while Baldan was just a parasite. Interesting read OP. Subscribed :applause:

STATUTORY
11-05-2019, 11:24 AM
:applause: u kno a chart's got nothing but facts when it gets Bran stans heated and typing essays

warriorfan
11-05-2019, 11:26 AM
Thank you Angel Face, very nice. Now include George Gervin, Artis Gilmore and Robert Parish and Jordan already eclipses that 44. :roll:

We win, again. You cats can't play with us.

Thanks Uncle Cringe.

aj1987
11-05-2019, 01:46 PM
Lebron got bailed out in two Finals wins
Yeah, and Brick only needed a 35/15 player to win his first 3 rings and shot 29% and 30% in the '09 and '10 Finals 4th Q's.

(Parker injury + miracle comeback in 2013, Steph, Bogut Iggy injuries + dray suspension in 2016)
Wade was injured from '12-'14.

Kyrie was injured in '15 and '16.

Love was injured in '15 and '16.

JR and Shump were playing with injuries.

Etc.

and beat an inexperienced OKC squad with a bunch of 22-23 year-olds.
Durant - All-NBA First Team

Westbrook - All-NBA Second Team

Harden - 6th MOY

Ibaka - All-NBA First Team and Blocks Leader

The Thunder were a stacked AF team and Miami wrecked them.

Jordan never had a Dwyane Wade or a Kyrie Irving take over in a must win Finals game because he was so dominant he didn't need one, he never even faced elimination. Jordan faced all-time greats in their primes in the Finals on loaded rosters, the worst Finals team he faced still had prime Magic, Divac and Worthy(did get injured but they were up 3 - 1 at that point) and it wasn't even close.
LeBron beat a 73 win with a 54 win team. Jordan was on the 72 win team beating up inferior teams. :oldlol:

ImKobe
11-05-2019, 01:47 PM
LeBron beat a 73 win with a 54 win team. Jordan was on the 72 win team beating up inferior teams. :oldlol:

Exactly. Jordan WAS THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS. HE WAS THE MOST DOMINANT FORCE IN BASKETBALL AND THIS WAS HIM AT 33 YEARS OLD. LEBRON COULDN'T COME CLOSE AT HIS PEAK WITH SUPERIOR TEAMMATES.

JORDAN WON MORE GAMES IN A 3-YEAR STRETCH THAN ANY TEAMS IN NBA HISTORY, AND HE WAS 33-35 YEARS OLD.

EAT SHIT.

RRR3
11-05-2019, 02:03 PM
Exactly. Jordan WAS THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS. HE WAS THE MOST DOMINANT FORCE IN BASKETBALL AND THIS WAS HIM AT 33 YEARS OLD. LEBRON COULDN'T COME CLOSE AT HIS PEAK WITH SUPERIOR TEAMMATES.

JORDAN WON MORE GAMES IN A 3-YEAR STRETCH THAN ANY TEAMS IN NBA HISTORY, AND HE WAS 33-35 YEARS OLD.

EAT SHIT.
Meltdown.

ImKobe
11-05-2019, 02:04 PM
Meltdown.

The classic "I have nothing to retort with" reponse. Jordan was the most dominant force in his era and won the most games in a 3-year stretch in league history way past his prime and 3-peated, something Lebron will never do.

aj1987
11-05-2019, 02:05 PM

EAT SHIT.
Yeah, he had by FAR the most stacked teams in the league. Meanwhile, LeBron is out here beating those stacked AF teams.

All caps, huh? Calm down, kid. We're just discussing a sport. It's not that serious.

RRR3
11-05-2019, 02:05 PM
The classic "I have nothing to retort with" reponse. Jordan was the most dominant force in his era and won the most games in a 3-year stretch in league history way past his prime and 3-peated, something Lebron will never do.
When have I argued LeBron being better than Jordan? :confusedshrug:

I just know a meltdown when I see one.

ImKobe
11-05-2019, 02:07 PM

then why reply?

aj1987
11-05-2019, 02:08 PM

As I said a dozen time already, I've only ever called LeBron the GOAT like twice or thrice and that was when I was replying to 3ball. Yet, these dudes keep melting down like Chernobyl.

bigkingsfan
11-05-2019, 02:11 PM
Then you look at defensive teams, shit it's like 20-3

Uncle Drew
11-05-2019, 02:19 PM

EAT SHIT.
The all caps meltdown, classic.

SpaceJam
11-06-2019, 12:10 AM
It's actually an interesting graphic, for example if we take into account Kobe's 8 notable teammates

Shaq - 15x
Karl - 14x
Payton - 9x
Nash - 8x
Howard - 8x
Gasol - 6x
Eddie Jones - 3x
Bynum - 1x

We get a whooping count of 64 collective all star appearances, aka hella help

Shogon
11-06-2019, 12:18 AM
The only player I would take over Scottie Pippen that LeBron has played with (when LeBron played with said player) is Anthony Davis.

He is the only single one. So images and graphics and rolling smileys are fun and all, but the truth is, the best teammate LeBron ever played with and the only one that he ever played with that was better than peak Pippen is... Anthony Davis... in LeBron's 17th season... when LeBron is clearly past it.

Food for thought.

Nuance, though... I tell you... nuance is irrelevant in online discussions and in the media. It's a wonderful thing, nuance. lol. People are so dumb.

sportjames23
11-06-2019, 01:49 AM

Image is from 2016.

Damn. Them's the facts, boys.

Marchesk
11-06-2019, 01:53 AM
The only player I would take over Scottie Pippen that LeBron has played with (when LeBron played with said player) is Anthony Davis.

Dwayne Wade was better than Scottie Pippen his fist couple seasons with Lebron.

Celtics 1825
11-06-2019, 02:05 AM
All star appearances only count when they were actually on the player's team at the time. Otherwise you're saying fvcking fossil ass 0.5 ppg Juwan Howard counted as all star help for LeBron.

SpaceJam
11-06-2019, 02:09 AM
All star appearances only count when they were actually on the player's team at the time. Otherwise you're saying fvcking fossil ass 0.5 ppg Juwan Howard counted as all star help for LeBron.

Don't make em add Juwan Howard to the graphic

Keno
11-06-2019, 02:13 AM
most useless and out of context chart ever, lebron > jordan no matter what fairy tales are said. :lol

DaHeezy
11-06-2019, 02:44 AM

Image is from 2016.

Personally I'd take the Bulls squad if we take into account the time they played with those teammates. Those Bulls were in their primes when they played with Jordan and they are elite at the roles they play on a team concept.

SpaceJam
11-06-2019, 03:02 AM
Made me thinking who would be considered to have the most 'help' going off this poor criteria, surely it's gotta be Rondo from recent memory?

Jrue Holiday - 1x
Jimmy Butler - 4x
Dwyane Wade - 13x
LeBron James - 15x
Dwight Howard - 8x
Anthony Davis - 6x
Caron Butler - 2x
DeMarcus Cousins - 4x
Tyson Chandler - 1x
Devin Harris - 1x
Dirk Nowitzki - 14x
Amar'e Stoudemire - 6x
Paul Pierce - 10x
Theo Ratliff - 1x
Wally Szczerbiak - 1x
Sam Cassell - 1x
Kevin Garnett - 15x
Stephon Marbury - 2x
Michael Finley - 2x
Rasheed Wallace - 4x
Jermaine O'Neal - 6x
Shaquille O'Neal - 15x
Gerald Wallace - 1x
Jameer Nelson - 1x
Isaiah Thomas - 2x

Stacked :biggums:

Walk on Water
11-06-2019, 03:11 AM
Wade has more all stars than everyone Jordan played with combined and Bosh alone has as many as all of Jordan

Gus Hemmingway
11-06-2019, 03:20 AM
LeBron won in 2016 without any all stars or all nba teammates.

Jordan never did that

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-06-2019, 03:58 AM
Those of us who have been watching basketball for more than 20 years have a better perspective on this. Jordan is etched in our memories as a winner, while lebron...

https://i.ibb.co/xfChjZS/94-D520-E8-7-B3-C-40-B5-9-F41-843-AE70-D91-E8.jpg

The Kawhi part is underrated. Bran was the epitome of recruiting. Kawhi went in and said he just wanted to win, they had their guard down and he plotted on them. Bran was prolly having Taco Tuesday every day before news broke

honestly ever since the 14 finals Kawhi has been sonning him.

sdot_thadon
11-06-2019, 06:48 AM
How about all nba teammates? And really doesn't mean much when they both had more talent relative to their competition.......

Uncle Drew
11-06-2019, 06:49 AM
[QUOTE=Walk on Water]Wade has more all stars than everyone Jordan played with combined and Bosh alone has as many as all of Jordan