PDA

View Full Version : Can we call Phoenix Suns a legit title contender?

iamgine
11-05-2019, 05:29 AM
It's early but they are rolling through the non-contenders and is equal or better than the contenders.

Vs Contenders

Denver Nuggets L OT 107 108
Los Angeles Clippers W 130 122
Utah Jazz L 95 96
Philadelphia 76ers W 114 109

Vs Non-Contenders

Sacramento Kings W 124 95
Golden State Warriors W 121 110
Memphis Grizzlies W 114 105

Andrei89
11-05-2019, 05:48 AM
I highly doubt the Suns will lose again this season

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2019, 06:09 AM

unless Bricky gets hurt

Naero
11-05-2019, 06:20 AM
We can't even decisively call them a playoffs lock yet, because too many possible vicissitudes can happen before then; for starters, opponents might simply wake up and successfully blueprint against them, which we saw stunt other early overachievers. Just off-hand, I remember the 2017-18 Magic started off 6-2 yet ended up only one game ahead of the dead-last Hawks in the standings.

It looks like a promising upturn overall, though, and they should come closer to clinching a playoffs seed than the number-one lottery pick at the very least.

Monty Williams has been such an underrated coach, who most didn't seem to grant the benefit of the doubt when the Pelicans—who plateaued at best without him—showed him the door. He's the likeliest-seeming Coach of the Year candidate to me if the Suns win 50-plus games.

GreatHILL
11-05-2019, 06:26 AM
unless Bricky gets hurt

dude let it go, u sound like that retard airwigga lol

SpaceJam
11-05-2019, 06:28 AM
yes

sportjames23
11-05-2019, 06:45 AM
no

SpaceJam
11-05-2019, 06:46 AM
i don't know

Andrei89
11-05-2019, 07:01 AM
unless Bricky gets hurt

Who the f is Bricky

juju151111
11-05-2019, 08:38 AM
Yes and it all depends on health.

wagexslave
11-05-2019, 08:47 AM
Who the f is BrickyDon't worry about that dude, Ricky Rubio raw dogged the chick he wishes were his girlfriend or something. And she prob bragged about it to him.

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2019, 11:46 AM
Don't worry about that dude, Ricky Rubio raw dogged the chick he wishes were his girlfriend or something. And she prob bragged about it to him.

If the chick was a guy maybe. I really doubt Ricky is into women

Bronbron23
11-05-2019, 12:19 PM
It's early but they are rolling through the non-contenders and is equal or better than the contenders.

Vs Contenders

Denver Nuggets L OT 107 108
Los Angeles Clippers W 130 122
Utah Jazz L 95 96
Philadelphia 76ers W 114 109

Vs Non-Contenders

Sacramento Kings W 124 95
Golden State Warriors W 121 110
Memphis Grizzlies W 114 105
No I like them and Vegas is sleeping on how good they are so they're making me some good coin but there style of play is only gonna be effective in the regular season. Come playoff time when the game slows down they'll have a harder time and get bounced off n the first or second round

ImKobe
11-05-2019, 12:22 PM
Grizzlies were "legit contenders" last year as well when they started out 15 - 9

Akeem34TheDream
11-05-2019, 12:28 PM
Grizzlies were "legit contenders" last year as well when they started out 15 - 9
Most people were expecting Memphis to fall back. Suns start this year are more similar to Nuggets' last year.

highwhey
11-05-2019, 12:31 PM
No I like them and Vegas is sleeping on how good they are so they're making me some good coin but there style of play is only gonna be effective in the regular season. Come playoff time when the game slows down they'll have a harder time and get bounced off n the first or second round
How so? They smothered Kawhi effectively.

Booker is a deadly mid range shooter. Remember how Kawhi took over with his mid range shot? Ayton can score on anyone and is a great on ball defender against players faster than himself. Not to mention a good rebounder.

When the 3s aren't falling, what works best?

For the record, I don't think the Suns can contend this year. But I think we can put up a good fight against anyone in the playoffs.

Kiddlovesnets
11-05-2019, 01:03 PM
They are significantly better than last year, but still it

Bronbron23
11-05-2019, 01:14 PM
How so? They smothered Kawhi effectively.

Booker is a deadly mid range shooter. Remember how Kawhi took over with his mid range shot? Ayton can score on anyone and is a great on ball defender against players faster than himself. Not to mention a good rebounder.

When the 3s aren't falling, what works best?

For the record, I don't think the Suns can contend this year. But I think we can put up a good fight against anyone in the playoffs.
I wouldn't put Booker on the same level as kawhi in anything including mid range. Booker is great at coming off screens and shooting threes and mid range in the regular season but playoffs is a different story. Those screens that provide space for him in the regular season won't be as effective in the playoffs. Teams switch much better.

As far as ayton. He's nice but i wouldn't say he can score on anyone.

I just think that's it a bit premature to say that a young team that's having some early regular season success is a title contender.

highwhey
11-05-2019, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't put Booker on the same level as kawhi in anything including mid range. Booker is great at coming off screens and shooting threes and mid range in the regular season but playoffs is a different story. Those screens that provide space for him in the regular season won't be as effective in the playoffs. Teams switch much better.

As far as ayton. He's nice but i wouldn't say he can score on anyone.

I just think that's it a bit premature to say that a young team that's having some early regular season success is a title contender.
Not saying we are a contender. I am still wondering if we can even make the playoffs in such a stacked conference.

However, we would not be swept.

Kawhi just developed his mid range shot, Booker has been hitting these shots for several seasons now(granted not in the playoffs). I don't blame you for not watching suns games, but what you're watching right now out of Book...has been going on for years now. He's been scoring on double teams with his fast and high release shot. He can't be stopped. Tybule (or however you spell his damn name) is one of the best defenders and got cooked. Pat Bev was barking at Book last week and he too got cooked. Did I mention Booker is also clutch AF?

He is primed to have a great playoff performance...if only we can get there.

Did i mention we swept a fully healthy Bucks last season? Ayton shut the paint down and slowed down Giannis while scoring at will.

Bronbron23
11-05-2019, 01:50 PM
Not saying we are a contender. I am still wondering if we can even make the playoffs in such a stacked conference.

However, we would not be swept.

Kawhi just developed his mid range shot, Booker has been hitting these shots for several seasons now(granted not in the playoffs). I don't blame you for not watching suns games, but what you're watching right now out of Book...has been going on for years now. He's been scoring on double teams with his fast and high release shot. He can't be stopped. Tybule (or however you spell his damn name) is one of the best defenders and got cooked. Pat Bev was barking at Book last week and he too got cooked. Did I mention Booker is also clutch AF?

He is primed to have a great playoff performance...if only we can get there.

Did i mention we swept a fully healthy Bucks last season? Ayton shut the paint down and slowed down Giannis while scoring at will.
I actually think Phoenix will make the playoffs pretty easily but again regular season and playoffs are totally different animals. And I wouldn't say he cooked Bev. He got him on a few possessions but Bev didn't even gaurd him half the time. As far as him being clutch af I don't know if you can say that about someone who hasn't even been to the playoffs yet. That said he is looking good this year i will admit. I just have to see him do it in the playoffs first before I get to excited.

highwhey
11-05-2019, 02:00 PM
I actually think Phoenix will make the playoffs pretty easily but again regular season and playoffs are totally different animals. And I wouldn't say he cooked Bev. He got him on a few possessions but Bev didn't even gaurd him half the time. As far as him being clutch af I don't know if you can say that about someone who hasn't even been to the playoffs yet. That said he is looking good this year i will admit. I just have to see him do it in the playoffs first before I get to excited.
he's shown he can score in the 4th quarter under pressure, repeatedly. he himself has said he lives for those moments, he doesn't shy away from it.

you're right that the game slows down and even the refs change their approach, but this isn't the Nash era suns, while our pace is just as fast, Monty has the entire team committed to playing defense. Jevon Carter is picking up his man from the inbound position :oldlol: Booker was actually playing defense last night.

We will have to wait and see, just saying, Booker has been doing some special things for a while. I think his game will translate perfectly to the playoffs.

Smook A.
11-05-2019, 02:26 PM
Not a title contender, but definitely looking like a solid team that may potentially make the playoffs. When Ayton comes back, they'll look even better

Bronbron23
11-05-2019, 02:31 PM
he's shown he can score in the 4th quarter under pressure, repeatedly. he himself has said he lives for those moments, he doesn't shy away from it.

you're right that the game slows down and even the refs change their approach, but this isn't the Nash era suns, while our pace is just as fast, Monty has the entire team committed to playing defense. Jevon Carter is picking up his man from the inbound position :oldlol: Booker was actually playing defense last night.

We will have to wait and see, just saying, Booker has been doing some special things for a while. I think his game will translate perfectly to the playoffs.
Yes there d is legit and Booker is nice and getting better. Individual and team success in the Regular season can be fools gold sometimes. I Just gotta see it in the playoffs. I like Phoenix though so I hope your right

DoctorP
11-05-2019, 03:18 PM

i see the God has clones

get your own shtick

hahahaha