RealSkipBayless
11-05-2019, 12:03 PM
PER 36 minutes stats:

Rudy Gobert: 11.6 pts, 12.8 reb, 1.2 blocks, 62fg%
Dwight Howard: 11.5 pts, 13.8 reb, 3.9 blocks, 80fg%

Salary:

Rudy Gobert: 26 mil
Dwight Howard: 2.5 mil

Why would a team invest that much money in a one dimensional player? Any thoughts?

Gus Hemmingway
11-05-2019, 12:15 PM
Bron Ball!!
:hammertime:

ImKobe
11-05-2019, 12:16 PM
Gobert got his shit pushed in by a 50 y.o Scola. Dwight is the superior athlete and overall player.

PP34Deuce
11-05-2019, 12:27 PM
Do people forget Dwight after houston has been a 16-11 player on other teams.

Like his attitude was the big reason he wasn't getting picked up and that "controversy"

He tried to dominate post touches and in LA he doesn't. If he were a starter he'd still be 16-12 and 2 blocks.

AirTupac
11-05-2019, 12:29 PM
Xiao eats my jizz. His mom eats my ass juice:lol

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2019, 12:47 PM
A backup is outplaying a top 3 center in the world. You guys have issues! :roll:

Jazz have the best defense in the league. He is the main reason for that.

AirTupac
11-05-2019, 12:52 PM
That's why Dwight beasted on Utah. Getting paid 14k a day. And is the main reason why Lakers are a beast on the defensive end and shut it down in the 2nd halves.

"Tyson Chandler and Joakim Noah > Dwight Howard" - Xiao The Jizz Eater

superduper
11-05-2019, 12:55 PM
Bron Ball!!

So it's the same thing when his teammates underperform right? Bran ball?

Goes both ways baby boy :dancin

Uncle Drew
11-05-2019, 01:02 PM
So it's the same thing when his teammates underperform right? Bran ball?

Goes both ways baby boy :dancin
Why are you seething in November?

superduper
11-05-2019, 01:46 PM
Why are you seething in November?

The same reason you Brannies are celebrating in November :oldlol:

atljonesbro
11-05-2019, 01:47 PM
Dwight could always play regardless where he was. His reputation had nothing to do with his ability to produce

Trollsmasher
11-05-2019, 01:58 PM
A backup is outplaying a top 3 center in the world. You guys have issues! :roll:

Jazz have the best defense in the league. He is the main reason for that.
yeah no, that would be the Lakers, in no small part thanks to Dwight

Akeem34TheDream
11-05-2019, 01:58 PM
Dwight could always play regardless where he was. His reputation had nothing to do with his ability to produce
Gotta give it to you. You have one of the best avatars in the forum.

chains5000
11-05-2019, 02:47 PM
Howard's also averaging 6.8 PF per 36 minutes, while Gobert averages just 3.5

bullettooth
11-05-2019, 02:51 PM
Xiao eats my jizz. His mom eats my ass juice:lol

https://media.giphy.com/media/Nm3mS4RKOhteg/source.gif

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2019, 03:09 PM
Howard's also averaging 6.8 PF per 36 minutes, while Gobert averages just 3.5

imagine that. One is a top three center and the other a back up to Javale :lol

RealSkipBayless
11-05-2019, 03:17 PM
imagine that. One is a top three center and the other a back up to Javale :lol
Yeah. It's quite sad how a backup is outplaying your franchise player.

btw how is he a top 3 center..?

Embiid
Towns
Jokic
Drummond
Adams

He has zero argument over the above. Gobert is more in the conversation with guys like Clint Capela, Myles Turner, Hassan Whiteside etc.

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2019, 03:20 PM

Embiid
Towns
Jokic
Drummond
Adams

He has zero argument over the above. Gobert is more in the conversation with guys like Clint Capela, Myles Turner, Hassan Whiteside etc.

His only argument is two straight DPOY, 2 time all NBA, and leading the best D in the league. :wtf:

RealSkipBayless
11-05-2019, 03:44 PM
His only argument is two straight DPOY, 2 time all NBA, and leading the best D in the league. :wtf:
All I'm seeing is Drummond averaging 20/20 and owning Gobert in majority of the times they have met up.

Rico2016
11-05-2019, 04:13 PM
Bron Ball!!

Bron Ball

Kblaze8855
11-05-2019, 04:16 PM
He is absolutely not outplaying Karl Anthony Towns and the Jazz would swap the two in about 3 seconds. I wouldn

HylianNightmare
11-05-2019, 04:19 PM
Hes always put up numbers

Bosnian Sajo
11-05-2019, 04:45 PM

Embiid
Towns
Jokic
Drummond
Adams

Embiid
Towns
Jokic

Those are the solidified top 3 centers in the NBA at the moment. The 4th spot is where I'd have to sit down and decide between Gobert and Drummond, although I'd lean Gobert just because I value Gobert's defense over Drummond's rebounding.

Bosnian Sajo
11-05-2019, 04:51 PM
I don't know why people are saying "Howard always put up numbers, he was 16/11 after Houston".

Numbers are one thing people...it's the way he's playing that is soooo valuable for us atm. He is playing unselfish basketball. We are NOT looking for Dwight in offensive sets, all of his points are coming from cleanups and bailout lobs. That is supremely valuable, literally 2 games he shot 100% because of the sole fact that he attempted almost all of his field goals as either putbacks or lobs at the end of a play.

His numbers in Charlotte were phenomenal and he played with a good squad when you look at the roster, but it didn't transition into winning basketball.

Bosnian Sajo
11-05-2019, 04:55 PM
Beyond all that, it's Dwight's low post presence on defense that has been key. His defense is top notch and he is grabbing rebounds with pleasure. Hyping up the crowd, his energy is contagious to everyone around him.

I don't remember him bringing this energy even in Houston, certainly not in LA last time around. He's enjoying himself out there on the court and putting effort in every play, I am beyond satisfied with him.

If he keeps this up, surely he will not be on the team next year. I say that because I'm sure someone will offer him a bigger contract IF he keeps up this kind of play.

AirTupac
11-05-2019, 05:01 PM
Beyond all that, it's Dwight's low post presence on defense that has been key. His defense is top notch and he is grabbing rebounds with pleasure. Hyping up the crowd, his energy is contagious to everyone around him.

I don't remember him bringing this energy even in Houston, certainly not in LA last time around. He's enjoying himself out there on the court and putting effort in every play, I am beyond satisfied with him.

If he keeps this up, surely he will not be on the team next year. I say that because I'm sure someone will offer him a bigger contract IF he keeps up this kind of play.

The thing is. Will Dwight play with this mindset with lesser players on a shit team? It helps playing like this when you got an AD and LeBron your team. You think Dwight will play this role when hes playing with scrubs ? I hope theres a way where we can offer him money and he wants to stay cause some team will offer him an MLE after this year.

Bosnian Sajo
11-05-2019, 05:07 PM
The thing is. Will Dwight play with this mindset with lesser players on a shit team? It helps playing like this when you got an AD and LeBron your team. You think Dwight will play this role when hes playing with scrubs ? I hope theres a way where we can offer him money and he wants to stay cause some team will offer him an MLE after this year.

True, which is why I mentioned his Charlotte days. He had great stats but it didn't translate to wins.

My point is, regardless if he would play like this with lesser players, teams will look at his impact this year and base that off of what kind of contract they offer him. Wouldn't be the first time, look at Ariza and the offer he got from Phoenix. Ariza is veery similar in the fact that he plays great with good teams (Lakers, Wizards when they were balling, Rockets) but shitty with the Suns and Kings.

LoneyROY7
11-05-2019, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]He is absolutely not outplaying Karl Anthony Towns and the Jazz would swap the two in about 3 seconds. I wouldn

Bosnian Sajo
11-05-2019, 05:23 PM
Uh oh, Xiao's not gonna like this one. :lol :lol

Xiao has been arguing this topic with himself over the past 2 years.

RealSkipBayless
11-05-2019, 05:44 PM
Embiid
Towns
Jokic

Those are the solidified top 3 centers in the NBA at the moment. The 4th spot is where I'd have to sit down and decide between Gobert and Drummond, although I'd lean Gobert just because I value Gobert's defense over Drummond's rebounding.
Yep the top 3 is set.

Whiteside been putting people on notice with his play lately. Steven Adams was averaging 14/10 and would've averaged even more rebounds if Westbrook wasn't snatching them from him. :confusedshrug:

IDK why Xiao said the Jazz have had the best defense for 3 years. Last year the Bucks did and this year so far it's the Lakers.

PP34Deuce
11-05-2019, 06:58 PM

Big point. He knows Lebron is Lebron and AD is younger and better.

If Dwight's mindset is right, I can see him as the Kevin Willis of the 2020's. He could be in the league until he's 40 rebounding and making borderline dirty plays

bobopenguin
11-05-2019, 07:26 PM
Gobert is nice, but i am sure Jazz GM would like Embiid/Jokic/Towns more. :lol

Manny98
11-05-2019, 07:41 PM
The GOAT effect :bowdown: :bowdown:

Dwight was considered a washed up bum before playing next to LeBron

bobopenguin
11-05-2019, 08:16 PM
The GOAT effect :bowdown: :bowdown:

Dwight was considered a washed up bum before playing next to Davis

Davis Effect.

AirTupac
11-05-2019, 08:17 PM
Davis Effect.

Its funny cause Dwight beasted vs Spurs off LeBron misses. 2 in the final 2 minutes alone, Dwight came to clean up LeBron's missed layup.

superduper
11-05-2019, 08:22 PM
Its funny cause Dwight beasted vs Spurs off LeBron misses. 2 in the final 2 minutes alone, Dwight came to clean up LeBron's missed layup.

Dwight knows that "Bron assist" is coming off of a brick clean up everytime he sees Bran ready to shoot :oldlol:

RealSkipBayless
11-05-2019, 11:26 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/l0HlQ7LRalQqdWfao/giphy.gif

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2019, 12:09 AM
All I'm seeing is Drummond averaging 20/20 and owning Gobert in majority of the times they have met up.

They've won 6 in a row against Detroit and I know he owned him in at least one game last year. I realize winning isn't as important around here as stats. I doubt anyone has owned Rudy. There's some that give him a tougher matchup because they are stronger or take him from the rim but he comes to battle every night

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2019, 12:11 AM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]He is absolutely not outplaying Karl Anthony Towns and the Jazz would swap the two in about 3 seconds. I wouldn

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2019, 12:13 AM
Yep the top 3 is set.

Whiteside been putting people on notice with his play lately. Steven Adams was averaging 14/10 and would've averaged even more rebounds if Westbrook wasn't snatching them from him. :confusedshrug:

IDK why Xiao said the Jazz have had the best defense for 3 years. Last year the Bucks did and this year so far it's the Lakers.

I didn't say that. I said they've had the best this year. Looks like their best yet and the offense hasn't even got going yet. Going to be scary. They've had one of the best defenses for almost 5 years since Rudy emerged

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-06-2019, 12:16 AM
Ive never seen someone proved as wrong as Xiao Yao You been this season

Rubio flouring in Phoenixs offense
Rudy "my only offensive strength is screening" Gobert continues to be a nonfactor on O
Conley sucks
Snyder cant coach offense
saying Lakers werent real when theyre the best team in the West and maybe the league

Favors when he heals from the injury will prolly be lighting it up too

RealSkipBayless
11-06-2019, 12:35 AM
They've won 6 in a row against Detroit and I know he owned him in at least one game last year. I realize winning isn't as important around here as stats. I doubt anyone has owned Rudy. There's some that give him a tougher matchup because they are stronger or take him from the rim but he comes to battle every night
Ok. If winning matters more than Steven Adams is better since he won 16 out of the 25 times they have met up.

The reality just is that Drummond is a better player. He's put up 15/18, 30/24 efforts in losses. Gobert has just had the better team.

Gobert is not a top 3 center. Hell, it's questionable if he's even top 3 in the west with the way Ayton was playing.

AirTupac
11-06-2019, 12:36 AM

Rudy "my only offensive strength is screening" Gobert continues to be a nonfactor on O
Conley sucks
saying Lakers werent real when theyre the best team in the West and maybe the league

Xiao said he would take Tyson Chandler and Joakim Noah over Dwight Howard and McGee too

hiphopanonymous
11-06-2019, 12:37 AM
I've tried to catch a good variety of games from this season.

So far Drummond and Dwight have made me double-take at some of the things I've seen them do from center position. Tonight Dwight caught my attention and a game or two ago Drummond was bringing the ball up and dishing it like a point guard repeatedly and looked in total control. Tonight Dwight comes off the bench and drags the Lakers to victory with the starters watching from the bench.

I will try to watch Gobert to see how he compares but I'm now sold Dwight is doing legit work so far this season

RealSkipBayless
11-06-2019, 12:38 AM

Sounds like another Joakim Noah.

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2019, 12:38 AM

Conley sucks

I'm so wrong on November 5th! :wtf:

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2019, 12:42 AM
Ok. If winning matters more than Steven Adams is better since he won 16 out of the 25 times they have met up.

The reality just is that Drummond is a better player. He's put up 15/18, 30/24 efforts in losses. Gobert has just had the better team.

Gobert is not a top 3 center. Hell, it's questionable if he's even top 3 in the west with the way Ayton was playing.

Would OKC have been one of the worst teams in the league without Adams though? The Jazz have been a horrible team without Gobert. He has carried them. Something Clint Capela, Myles Turner, Hassan Whiteside etc. haven't done

If Drummond is better why has Detroit sucked or been mediocre at best with him? You do know there is more to the game than points and rebounds right?

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2019, 12:45 AM
Sounds like another Joakim Noah.

Also the best rim runner in the league and one of the top offensive rebounders. Also the best screen setter. Put that with best defender and you have one of the best players in the game

dreamshake
11-17-2019, 06:55 PM
Gobert sucks so much on offense that even a guy like Howard who has no post moves is much better. It's disgusting how overhyped Gobert is when he's a liability on offense.