PDA

View Full Version : Is the Trae Young and Luka Doncic trade the greatest trade of all time?

atljonesbro
11-06-2019, 02:38 PM
2 MVP caliber players, one sent to each team and the Hawks pick up Cam Reddish as wel. Has there ever been such a great trade for both sides?

ThiccBoi
11-06-2019, 02:45 PM
Kawhi for deFrozan

SsKSpurs21
11-06-2019, 02:56 PM
perennial all-star Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown

Smook A.
11-06-2019, 03:09 PM
One of the best win-win trades ever, for sure. I remember early last season when Trae was off to a rough start and Luka was balling, people were saying Hawks will forever regret not keeping Luka on draft night. Even Hawks fans were saying they'd never get over this.

Look how the tables have turned. Trae now looks like a future superstar, and Luka got even better. Both guys are gonna be all-stars multiple times. These two are gonna be very fun to watch in the many years to come

tontoz
11-06-2019, 03:12 PM
It would look at lot better if they hadn't wasted the 10th pick on Cam Reddish.

Smook A.
11-06-2019, 03:16 PM
Not sure why he was drafted that high in the first place. He was so ass in college. Couldn't make a bucket to save his life, and that hasn't changed so far in the pros.

atljonesbro
11-06-2019, 04:04 PM
You would think people would learn not to judge players off their first bit of their career when Trae Young is literally on the same team.

ralph_i_el
11-06-2019, 04:17 PM
You would think people would learn not to judge players off their first bit of their career when Trae Young is literally on the same team.

Young was good in college.

tontoz
11-06-2019, 04:38 PM

Do you really want to compare him to Young? Over his first 7 games Young averaged 19/7 with a TS of 55%. By comparison Reddish is averaging 6/4 with a TS of 36%.

Reddish sucked at Duke. Guys that suck in college generally don't do well in the pros.

If you can find a first round pick any year that was playing over 20 minutes per game with worse numbers feel free to share.

atljonesbro
11-06-2019, 04:43 PM
Do you really want to compare him to Young? Over his first 7 games Young averaged 19/7 with a TS of 55%. By comparison Reddish is averaging 6/4 with a TS of 36%.

Reddish sucked at Duke. Guys that suck in college generally don't do well in the pros.

If you can find a first round pick any year that was playing over 20 minutes per game with worse numbers feel free to share.
I

WillyJakk
11-06-2019, 08:05 PM
I whole heartedly believe Dallas won this trade hands down.

For instance, if you're ATL would you trade Trae Young for Luka Doncic? Yes is the answer regardless of how well Trae is playing.

Flipside if you're DAL would you trade Doncic for Trae Young? Hell no.

Trae is hoopin' though and definitely can ball. If the Hawks drafted Bol Bol or someone with higher upside than Cam then you have a solid point because Bol imo has incredible potential.

Draz
11-06-2019, 08:24 PM
I'd still pick Luka over Young but both were fantastic pick ups and the upside can't be projected because there's no ceiling for either of the two.

fsvr54
11-06-2019, 09:11 PM
Reddish is one of the best rookie defenders right now.

Keep talking that shit nikkas, he's very good at HALF the game right now. The shot will come with time. He hit three 3s last night.

And lmao at anyone who thinks Luka's crybaby ass is better than God Young.

bobopenguin
11-06-2019, 09:31 PM
Trae might get u few MVPs, while Luka will be remembered as a white legend maybe in line along with other greats.

Trae -maybe end up like miller or allen type of level.
Luka - probably end like at Bird or Magic type of level.

bobopenguin
11-06-2019, 09:32 PM

Keep talking that shit nikkas, he's very good at HALF the game right now. The shot will come with time. He hit three 3s last night.

literally everyone is thinking like that right now.

imdaman99
11-06-2019, 09:36 PM
Luka - probably end like at Bird or Magic type of level.
Ridiculous. Stop overrating kids, people.

bobopenguin
11-06-2019, 09:40 PM
Ridiculous. Stop overrating kids, people.

that's not what i mean.
i can comparing the levels in perspective sense.

fsvr54
11-06-2019, 09:45 PM
literally everyone is thinking like that right now.

Learn the definition of "literally".

Smook A.
11-06-2019, 09:55 PM

Young's been amazing, but Luka's still better. Not by that much though

bobopenguin
11-07-2019, 12:04 AM
Learn the definition of "literally".

[I]literally
adverb
US /ˈlɪt̬

fsvr54
11-07-2019, 12:33 AM
Plenty of people think Trae is better, so youre just wrong. The majority thinks luka is better, sure but not everybody.

"Literally" means exactly, btw.

bobopenguin
11-07-2019, 01:52 AM
Plenty of people think Trae is better, so youre just wrong. The majority thinks luka is better, sure but not everybody.

"Literally" means exactly, btw.

maybe u can just accept the fact that, "almost" "everybody" thinks Luka is better than Trae.

Mask the Embiid
11-07-2019, 02:06 AM
I think this gif sums up pretty much on what i think of the hawk's side of the trade

https://media1.giphy.com/media/j29tczxwirv0oT4jGu/source.gif

but honestly its not exaggerated enough of a robbery!

Imagine the wr scoring then immediately pantomiming kicking down a door at the end of his sprint, cracking a safe, then stuffing several stacks of money into a bag, throwing the sack of money over his shoulder like santa clause, then sprints away with his teammates as fast as possible with his robbery haul.

Hawks won this trade by a landside.I expect several rings for the hawks after the Sixers/Warriors/LeBron monopoly on rings ends in about 5 years

stalkerforlife
11-07-2019, 02:15 AM
Bad time for this thread.

Trae 9, 3, 3, 0-8 from three and a loss at home to the pitiful Bulls.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-15-2019, 09:44 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

its in the running for worst draft trade ever

Reddish is the worst player in the league. Trae sucks and is the worst defender

up there with Dirk for Tractor Traylor and Vlade for Kobe

ShawkFactory
12-15-2019, 10:20 PM
The fact that we had Luka and traded him adds another element.

But..I think it

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-15-2019, 10:39 PM
[QUOTE=ShawkFactory]

But..I think it

ShawkFactory
12-15-2019, 10:51 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

with Traes defense he will never be close to a superstar

and if u think this comparison will look anything like Hakeem/MJ i got some bad news for u bruv:oldlol: :roll:
It was obviously a loose comparison.

But Trae is as offensively adept as anyone I

tanibanana
12-16-2019, 12:29 AM
I don't care who is better. I'm just glad that their draft class might end up as one of the best draft class. Ayton, Bagley needs to catch up big time though

jbryan1984
12-16-2019, 01:51 AM
No Trae is too good. Not as good as Luka but still good. Tractor Traylor for Dirk is the best trade ever imo.

East River Livn'
12-16-2019, 01:56 AM

100% this. Trae is good but Luka is on another level. If they had drafted PJ Washington or Herro, it'd be a lot more even.