PDA

View Full Version : Psychopaths & Sociopaths are essentially the human being version of Terminators.

Shogon
11-07-2019, 02:56 PM
They don't care. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. They absolutely will not stop... ever, even after they get what they want.

This is why governments ultimately do not work and no form of government will ever remain pure long term.

Until we can objectively identify psychopaths and sociopaths with medical devices / artificial intelligence, or figure out how to "cure" these disorders, we will continue to have bad actors in government, bad actors as CEOs, just... bad actors everywhere.

fiddy
11-07-2019, 03:01 PM
Food for thought: the richest and most powerful individuals on this planet are psychopaths

Loco 50
11-07-2019, 03:55 PM
The problem is not identification. The problem is they are rewarded by our system and protected.

Also, there is no cure. Imprisonment/capital punishment is the best we've come up with for those that fall on the lower end of the i.q. range that actually slip and get caught.

Even a lobotomy has been tried in the past if I recall correctly. If I remember the story correctly, the patient initially became more passive with a frontal lobotomy, but as he healed, so did the psychopathy. The brain has a way or rearranging itself to fill vacancies with enough time and mass. I'll have to see if I can dig that up....

100% honesty here, society would be better off as a whole if we took these people out before they did their damage, but that enters a whole new realm of Minority Report/thought crime legal navigation.

We're not ready for all that.

Also, it's a bit of a spectrum so it'd be difficult to determine when one's psychopathy is detrimental to society as a whole. This opens up a can of worms that makes a lot of people uncomfortable. Would you want your kid removed from society for scoring high on such a test? Even knowing it'd be the best for society?

It's not like parents don't know. They know. There's an interesting disparity though. Some parents will be like, "yeah, he's ****ed. Take care of him." Others are going to defend their babies til they get the needle as innocent babes that were just misunderstood by society, while believing in their minds they're just "good protective parents"...

As a bit of an aside, do you believe that you are an anarchist and would you attribute your premise above to be the reason why?

Shogon
11-07-2019, 09:37 PM
The problem is not identification. The problem is they are rewarded by our system and protected.

Eh, I'd like to believe that if political candidates were factually known to be sociopaths or psychopaths, people wouldn't vote for them. And if people knew who the true psychos were, they wouldn't promote them into positions of power within companies or anywhere else for that matter.

Also, there is no cure. Imprisonment/capital punishment is the best we've come up with for those that fall on the lower end of the i.q. range that actually slip and get caught.

Currently, but there is the plethora of benefits that will arise from true AI if it doesn't just decide to wipe us out. Who is to say that this personality disorder along with other mental disorders isn't something we're able to fix/modify some day.

100% honesty here, society would be better off as a whole if we took these people out before they did their damage, but that enters a whole new realm of Minority Report/thought crime legal navigation.

We're not ready for all that.

Also, it's a bit of a spectrum so it'd be difficult to determine when one's psychopathy is detrimental to society as a whole. This opens up a can of worms that makes a lot of people uncomfortable. Would you want your kid removed from society for scoring high on such a test? Even knowing it'd be the best for society?

Hopefully one day we have the means, but I already acknowledged that we currently do not.

Yes, I would want them removed, killed, aborted, whatever... once it's able to be 100% factually proven that they're a psychopath.

As a bit of an aside, do you believe that you are an anarchist and would you attribute your premise above to be the reason why?

I don't think I'm an anarchist. I just think that unfortunately due to bad actors such as the people we've been talking about, even ones that aren't on the extreme end of the spectrum, as you noted, that no form of government will ever work long term, as they will always be corrupted.

I don't know what the solution is. I just think the best we could possibly do as a species would be one of two things... an extremely benevolent dictator(lol) OR a democracy with all of the psychos and socios removed. I just don't know how we get rid of them without some form of massive technological advancement.

But there must be a way. I can't imagine that psychopaths will exist throughout the entirety of humanity's future(assuming we don't get wiped out relatively soon or do it ourselves.) Surely there will be a solution eventually.

tpols
11-07-2019, 10:33 PM
it's a nature vs nurture issue though.

its not just...genetic. the journey corrupts. If you were to attain a certain level of power and riches the dopamine levels in your brain necessary to achieve satisfaction would always eventually plateau and youll look for more.

Everybody always wants more.

ILLsmak
11-07-2019, 11:44 PM
Meh people fawn over psychopaths too much. They act like it's better to have no emotion but they do have emotions, esp rage and are especially unreasonable when they know they are being beaten. That's the reason why I think a distinction should be made.

Also psychopaths are malignant. If you had a drive to never stop, never let anything stop you, an ability to turn off your emotions (for real), you'd not necessarily be a psychopath but could achieve the same or more success in our system.

It's like being glib. Bad thing right. Sure if there is underlying malice, but if someone is just constantly telling people what they want to hear only to improve relationships (and assuming they're not outright lying) or improve job performance, what is the problem there? People do it all the time.

Psychopaths aren't driven by winning they are driven by never being weak because they all are scared little children on the inside who probably were abused bed wetters. To self actualize and be able to overlook minor idealistic inconsistencies/be mutable, be able to get over emotions and move toward a goal... That's not becoming a psychopath. That's succeeding. But it is true in order to get far on earth you gotta squash a lot of weak people or fight a lot of people who want to make your life hell. Some people are like eh I'd rather just live comfortably with 85% of the success.

But if someone isn't malignant I say let em be for now. People can seethe for awhile and show their true selves bur the idea that a psychopath is superficially charming enough to trick everyone is nonsense. Most people just don't pay attention. Watch for unnecessary bits of malice.

-Smak

DCL
11-08-2019, 12:19 AM
I just squashed a **** roach in the backyard by smashing it with a brick. i went american psycho on that bug.

i felt no remorse, guilt, regret, or anything. its life was completely meaningless to me. its existence in my presence was an annoyance.

in fact, after killing it, i was only thinking, fvck, now i gotta clean this brick and wipe this shit off.

now can i do something like that to a bird or raccoon? of course not. and it's not because it's against the law or whatever, it's because i just couldn't do it.

but the world is frightening because some humans don't have any value system. and they might respect other humans as much as I respect a **** roach.

Shogon
11-08-2019, 12:43 AM
Meh people fawn over psychopaths too much. They act like it's better to have no emotion but they do have emotions, esp rage and are especially unreasonable when they know they are being beaten. That's the reason why I think a distinction should be made.

Also psychopaths are malignant. If you had a drive to never stop, never let anything stop you, an ability to turn off your emotions (for real), you'd not necessarily be a psychopath but could achieve the same or more success in our system.

It's like being glib. Bad thing right. Sure if there is underlying malice, but if someone is just constantly telling people what they want to hear only to improve relationships (and assuming they're not outright lying) or improve job performance, what is the problem there? People do it all the time.

Psychopaths aren't driven by winning they are driven by never being weak because they all are scared little children on the inside who probably were abused bed wetters. To self actualize and be able to overlook minor idealistic inconsistencies/be mutable, be able to get over emotions and move toward a goal... That's not becoming a psychopath. That's succeeding. But it is true in order to get far on earth you gotta squash a lot of weak people or fight a lot of people who want to make your life hell. Some people are like eh I'd rather just live comfortably with 85% of the success.

But if someone isn't malignant I say let em be for now. People can seethe for awhile and show their true selves bur the idea that a psychopath is superficially charming enough to trick everyone is nonsense. Most people just don't pay attention. Watch for unnecessary bits of malice.

-Smak

Do you not think that congress and CEOs of major corporations are littered with psychopaths at a far disproportionate rate to their presence in the general population?

They are a clear and definitive problem.

CelticBaller
11-08-2019, 12:44 AM
Do you not think that congress and CEOs of major corporations are littered with psychopaths at a far disproportionate rate to their presence in the general population?

They are a clear and definitive problem.
Or maybe they

Shogon
11-08-2019, 12:52 AM
[QUOTE=CelticBaller]Or maybe they

CelticBaller
11-08-2019, 01:08 AM
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/06/23/washington-dc-the-psychopath-capital-of-america-218892

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/13/1-in-5-ceos-are-psychopaths-australian-study-finds/

For the record, psychopaths make up approximately 1% of the population... which was still shockingly high, when I first read it, but I mean... lol... yeah, like I said...

They are disproportionately represented in the CEO world and in congress. It's disgusting, actually.

They should be hunted down and exterminated like the cockroaches they are. It's not their fault, but it is what it is.
The first link literally assumes DC is full is psychopaths because of the jobs in DC are ones that psychopaths may be attracted too :facepalm

The 1 in 5 in the CEO study makes sense though. Psychopaths are probably the most efficient people. Humans AI and shit

Edit: though I want to add, to scapegoat these psychopaths is kind of silly. The CEO is a puppet of the board and ultimately answers to them. Unless these boards are full of psychopaths as well we can't really put the sole blame on their mental illness

Shogon
11-08-2019, 01:14 AM
The first link literally assumes DC is full is psychopaths because of the jobs in DC are ones that psychopaths may be attracted too :facepalm

The 1 in 5 in the CEO study makes sense though. Psychopaths are probably the most efficient people. Humans AI and shit

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3185182

Yeah, just a coincidence.

:rolleyes:

There definitely aren't any more psychopaths in DC than the rest of the country.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Listen, buddy. Just because YOU *WANT* something to be true or not true, doesn't make it ****ing so.

Of course they aren't going to go door to door asking people if they're psychopaths or not, lollllll.

warriorfan
11-08-2019, 01:16 AM
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/06/23/washington-dc-the-psychopath-capital-of-america-218892

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/13/1-in-5-ceos-are-psychopaths-australian-study-finds/

For the record, psychopaths make up approximately 1% of the population... which was still shockingly high, when I first read it, but I mean... lol... yeah, like I said...

They are disproportionately represented in the CEO world and in congress. It's disgusting, actually.

They should be hunted down and exterminated like the cockroaches they are. It's not their fault, but it is what it is.

Gattaca meets Minority Report

We need it.

Plot twist, the people who implement the program end up getting targeted and eliminated, them having some knowledge this may happen and still chose to do it anyways

CelticBaller
11-08-2019, 01:18 AM
Areas of the United States that are measured to be most psychopathic are those in the Northeast
and other similarly populated regions

aka blue states

we know who the real psychopaths are..

warriorfan
11-08-2019, 01:25 AM
aka blue states

we know who the real psychopaths are..

:roll:

They are all psychopaths, the left is just a little worse at hiding it

iamgine
11-08-2019, 01:28 AM
They don't care. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. They absolutely will not stop... ever, even after they get what they want.

This is why governments ultimately do not work and no form of government will ever remain pure long term.

Until we can objectively identify psychopaths and sociopaths with medical devices / artificial intelligence, or figure out how to "cure" these disorders, we will continue to have bad actors in government, bad actors as CEOs, just... bad actors everywhere.
Umm...psychopaths/sociopaths are not really the main reason for that.

Overdrive
11-08-2019, 06:54 AM
Umm...psychopaths/sociopaths are not really the main reason for that.

They are. I don't know if power makes them psychos or the come to power because they are, but it's obvious that the lack of empathy is a big reason why alot of politicians operate agendas that are malevolent for a huge part of the population.

iamgine
11-08-2019, 08:50 AM
They are. I don't know if power makes them psychos or the come to power because they are, but it's obvious that the lack of empathy is a big reason why alot of politicians operate agendas that are malevolent for a huge part of the population.
Lacking empathy doesn't mean they're psychos. For example, massive amount of kids in Africa are hungry and malnourished. I think almost everyone knows about this. But how many actually spend time to research about it? How many people actually donate? Why are we not empathizing with them? Are we all psychos then?

Nanners
11-08-2019, 09:13 AM
Lacking empathy doesn't mean they're psychos. For example, massive amount of kids in Africa are hungry and malnourished. I think almost everyone knows about this. But how many actually spend time to research about it? How many people actually donate? Why are we not empathizing with them? Are we all psychos then?

thats not what empathy means. obviously there not a single person on this planet who spends time researching every needy group on this planet and then donates money to all them... that doesnt mean that empathy doesnt exist.

empathy is the ability to understand and feel another persons emotions. while empathetic people are more likely to help those that are less fortunate, empathy does not mean that a person is constantly compelled to improve the situation of those that are less fortunate. sociopaths/psychopaths lack empathy because they are incapable of feeling or understanding the emotions of others, including the people they hurt with their selfish actions.

CelticBaller
11-08-2019, 10:01 AM
Correct me if I

Nanners
11-08-2019, 10:17 AM
Correct me if I’m wrong. But a psychopath is not an evil person. A psychopath is someone who doesn’t understand( or at least doesn’t care about) the difference between doing good and evil.

Meaning for all we know someone like Bernie who might look inherently good might be a psychopath.

you are wrong. a psychopath is defined as a person who has anti-social personality traits - like total disregard for the rights/interests of others or manipulating/exploiting others for personal gain.

bernie is obviously one of the least sociopathic/psychopathic politicians in all of government, he talks as though he empathizes with the less fortunate and cares deeply for the interests of others, and his actions/policies support this.

CelticBaller
11-08-2019, 10:26 AM
you are wrong. a psychopath is defined as a person who has anti-social personality traits - like total disregard for the rights/interests of others or manipulating/exploiting others for personal gain.

bernie is obviously one of the least sociopathic/psychopathic politicians in all of government, he talks as though he empathizes with the less fortunate and cares deeply for the interests of others, and his actions/policies support this.
But psychopaths are known to put up an “act”. Am I wrong for saying this?

Again not trying to take a dig at Bernie or anything, I’m just using him as an example. A psychopath could literally act like an angel just for personal gain

ILLsmak
11-08-2019, 10:30 AM
thats not what empathy means. obviously there not a single person on this planet who spends time researching every needy group on this planet and then donates money to all them... that doesnt mean that empathy doesnt exist.

empathy is the ability to understand and feel another persons emotions. while empathetic people are more likely to help those that are less fortunate, empathy does not mean that a person is constantly compelled to improve the situation of those that are less fortunate. sociopaths/psychopaths lack empathy because they are incapable of feeling or understanding the emotions of others, including the people they hurt with their selfish actions.

First @ shogun, sure congress is filled with psychopaths. TBH, I'm not even against those dudes enriching themselves if they just do what they were voted into office to do. They could be a freaking robot for all I care.

Now @ this, you're right re: empathy, but I don't agree psychopaths have no empathy. I think the understand feelings and emotions of others in regard to many things, it's just really skewed. Their idea of suffering, for instance, may be due to thinking the person is weak or inferior. But like if someone was like dood was poor n he robbed a bank, or dood's wife was cheating on him so he killed her, I think they could empathize with that feeling. haha.

But yea, they are extremely selfish, but there are plenty of extremely selfish people that hurt other people that aren't psychopaths. I think psychopaths KNOW they are hurting people, another sign that they have empathy, but they just don't care; they probably think the people hurt are weak or willing victims. A lot of other people hurt others just because they lack understanding.

A psychopath, ideally, is like a different sort of person. It's something of a predator, and a predator needs instincts, too, to feel what is weak, what has something to offer, but yea they don't care (usually, but when they are slighted and end up murdering someone, or like becoming a serial killer of every blonde hooker cuz they hate their mom, I think that points to them caring about something.)

Generally, they are bad people. Autistic people might lack certain kinds of empathy, too, and I think there's an interesting possible correlation between... psychopathy, autism, and schizophrenia. Not that they are all the same, but that those with the disorders share a lot of the same core traits.

But yea, as you said, absolutely a psychopath ( I am using this as a catch all cuz I dunno how people are differentiating psycho n socio) is a purposefully malignant person. Someone who is extremely selfish and doesn't care is probably not even a psychopath but more of a narcissist. Lacking empathy, like if someone actually had no feelings, they wouldn't be a psychopath just because of that.

My hot take at least haha. As someone with no notable mental health experience.

Also, I'd say congress is probably populated more with narcissists than psychopaths.

-Smak

Nanners
11-08-2019, 10:54 AM
But psychopaths are known to put up an “act”. Am I wrong for saying this?

Again not trying to take a dig at Bernie or anything, I’m just using him as an example. A psychopath could literally act like an angel just for personal gain

An "act" is temporary or situational, its a disguise used in order to further some other selfish agenda.

If a person puts up an "act" for their entire life then its not an "act"... thats who they actually are.

SomeBlackDude
11-08-2019, 11:21 AM
[QUOTE=CelticBaller][B]Correct me if I

Norcaliblunt
11-08-2019, 11:40 AM
God is a psychopath and we have billions of people who worship that mofo.

Loco 50
11-10-2019, 07:37 AM
Eh, I'd like to believe that if political candidates were factually known to be sociopaths or psychopaths, people wouldn't vote for them. And if people knew who the true psychos were, they wouldn't promote them into positions of power within companies or anywhere else for that matter.

I'd like to believe that too, but two things make me doubtful.

A.) a psychopath on your team can be pretty handy because they don't play by the same rules/have moral constraints that hold normal folks back so I'm sure there are some folks that think these people can be useful.

B.) people can't be trusted to vote for the best qualified candidate.

Currently, but there is the plethora of benefits that will arise from true AI if it doesn't just decide to wipe us out.
That AI will be written by flawed people and thus flawed. I see nothing but bad outcomes in this scenario.

Who is to say that this personality disorder along with other mental disorders isn't something we're able to fix/modify some day.

Hopefully one day we have the means, but I already acknowledged that we currently do not.

Yes, I would want them removed, killed, aborted, whatever... once it's able to be 100% factually proven that they're a psychopath.

I guess we're so far off that it's hard for me to even imagine this ability.

I don't think I'm an anarchist.

Your previous post echoed many thoughts I've had about government. Can't trust people in power, period. Even if the first gen of the regime is magical, you can be sure the future gens will be more flawed. We've obviously seen it too often throughout history.

I don't agree with many people politically. Never understood why until I took a political spectrum test. You might be interested to take it sometime too.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/

My results - https://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2?ec=-8.13&soc=-8.26

Turns out I'm pretty hardcore anarchist. I took a similar test years ago and shrugged it off as nothing, but took it again just now and seem to have become more extreme with age.

I find anarchy for whatever reason is a loaded term so I did more reading to understand it.

Ideally, I'd like people to mind their own business and find their own happiness. Obviously, that's not realistic for most. I'd like people to help others out of free will. I'd like a society without leadership, because again I feel power becomes corrupted inevitably with time. I also recognize we are not a smart enough or disciplined enough species to accomplish things without leadership so we have to make best with what we've got. I recognize that none of what I desire is realistic.

I just think that unfortunately due to bad actors such as the people we've been talking about, even ones that aren't on the extreme end of the spectrum, as you noted, that no form of government will ever work long term, as they will always be corrupted.

This is what makes me wonder if you might be similar on the above spectrum.

I don't know what the solution is. I just think the best we could possibly do as a species would be one of two things... an extremely benevolent dictator(lol)
agree, but as stated above, probably only good for a generation or two

OR a democracy with all of the psychos and socios removed. I just don't know how we get rid of them without some form of massive technological advancement.

This would be ideal, but my problem with this tech is it's created by flawed people, therefore flawed.

But there must be a way. I can't imagine that psychopaths will exist throughout the entirety of humanity's future(assuming we don't get wiped out relatively soon or do it ourselves.) Surely there will be a solution eventually.
I think we're getting wiped out by a few opposing psychopaths long before we have a reliable way of sniffing them out and dealing with them before they can cause problems.:(

Regardless, interesting brainstorming topic.

Loco 50
11-10-2019, 07:41 AM
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3185182

Yeah, just a coincidence.

:rolleyes:

There definitely aren't any more psychopaths in DC than the rest of the country.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Listen, buddy. Just because YOU *WANT* something to be true or not true, doesn't make it ****ing so.

Of course they aren't going to go door to door asking people if they're psychopaths or not, lollllll.
As usual, we've got more than a few people here just talking about stuff off their own preconceived notions instead of just reading and learning.

I think you're completely on target about this.

Loco 50
11-10-2019, 07:48 AM
[QUOTE=CelticBaller]Correct me if I

Loco 50
11-10-2019, 08:05 AM
Now @ this, you're right re: empathy, but I don't agree psychopaths have no empathy. I think the understand feelings and emotions of others in regard to many things, it's just really skewed. Their idea of suffering, for instance, may be due to thinking the person is weak or inferior. But like if someone was like dood was poor n he robbed a bank, or dood's wife was cheating on him so he killed her, I think they could empathize with that feeling. haha.

The lack of empathy is the very definition of psychopathy.

But yea, they are extremely selfish, but there are plenty of extremely selfish people that hurt other people that aren't psychopaths. I think psychopaths KNOW they are hurting people, another sign that they have empathy, but they just don't care; they probably think the people hurt are weak or willing victims. A lot of other people hurt others just because they lack understanding.
They don't give two ****s about understanding, thus they are psychopaths.

Generally, they are bad people. Autistic people might lack certain kinds of empathy, too, and I think there's an interesting possible correlation between... psychopathy, autism, and schizophrenia. Not that they are all the same, but that those with the disorders share a lot of the same core traits.

Perhaps, finally something plausible. This would be an extremely controversial idea however.

But yea, as you said, absolutely a psychopath ( I am using this as a catch all cuz I dunno how people are differentiating psycho n socio) is a purposefully malignant person.

Psychotic people are the only people that matter in their existence and do not view other people as even human. They are objects.

Sociopaths are similar, but worse in that socios view people as objects that are here to be used by them to succeed. Far, far worse in scale in that they have grander goals.

Someone who is extremely selfish and doesn't care is probably not even a psychopath but more of a narcissist. Lacking empathy, like if someone actually had no feelings, they wouldn't be a psychopath just because of that.

My hot take at least haha. As someone with no notable mental health experience.
Clearly, the hottest of takes.

However, brainstorming a bit here, there may be an overlap of narcissism with autism that = psychopathy.

Also, I'd say congress is probably populated more with narcissists than psychopaths.
-Smak
Why not both?

and surgeons are psychopaths. think about what kind of person you have to be to be able to slice a person open, rummage through their bloody organs... then go home and have a nice spaghetti dinner with your family.

is that person evil? :confusedshrug:

You know...............I never put two and two together, but I think you may be on to something. Surgeons are in large part, complete ***** and it does take a certain type.

Very interesting thought.

CelticBaller
11-10-2019, 09:00 AM
A psychopath does not have equals. He views others as means to an end, as objects/pawns to use/disregard on a whim while they achieve their own goals.

Is that evil? I'd say so.

Most important rule in life to me remains the golden one. Treat others as you expect to be treated.

This does not exist in a psychopath/sociopaths mind because they don't recognize that others suffer. Only their suffering exists.

Your Bernie premise is based on your political ideology and not on any psychological ideas.

A psychopath who uses people for greater good wouldn

Loco 50
11-10-2019, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=CelticBaller]A psychopath who uses people for greater good wouldn

CelticBaller
11-10-2019, 10:08 AM
The founding fathers literally have monuments and statues of them while carrying slaves

:facepalm

Is that enough proof you piece of shit?

ILLsmak
11-13-2019, 04:25 AM
The lack of empathy is the very definition of psychopathy.
They don't give two ****s about understanding, thus they are psychopaths.

Perhaps, finally something plausible. This would be an extremely controversial idea however.

It's not that controversial, I googled it awhile ago when I was thinking about it and figured out they are researching it. Same w/ psychopathic empathy.

I still think you need empathy to properly exploit people, but you just turn it off in the end when you are doing the actual exploiting. Remorse... I dunno if they have it or not, but empathy, yea they do.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-23431793

and an empathy switch isn't that foreign of a concept. I mean, if you're playing for the championship you're gonna wanna turn off all your switches, right? It's just like war all the time for them. Like I said cuz they are so afraid of being weak. They hate weak people... and want to constantly prove they aren't weak.

I dunno what a xpath would have to gain from being in congress, esp compared to a narcissist. But like I said their behavior comes out... they can't hide it. That's the flaw. Some people have said that it's better to have no empathy but that's bullshit. Especially cuz like I said they get so triggered and can be enraged by certain things so easily. If the premise is empathy makes you easier to control/weaker, that makes you just as weak.

Edit: also, there exist benevolent narcissists. Probably closer to what you mean than benevolent psychopaths. I don't think they can exist because psychopaths are bad, mmkay. The might end up doing something for the greater good, like wanting to nuke some population that ends up being a net gain for the world, but that doesn't mean they were right in doing it.

-Smak

iamgine
11-13-2019, 05:21 AM

That's not what I was saying. Read what I was replying to. My point was, just because someone doesn't empathize with something, doesn't make them a psychopath. Politicians may "operate agendas that are malevolent for a huge part of the population" because they believe it to be good, or they think they have no choice, or the long term end justifies the means, or they simply believe another politician in their shoes would've done much worse. Not simply because they lack empathy.

Loco 50
11-14-2019, 06:03 AM
The founding fathers literally have monuments and statues of them while carrying slaves

:facepalm

Is that enough proof you piece of shit?
Equal parts dumb and belligerent over simply being asked to explain where your opinions are coming from.

Unfortunate, but I forgive your anger as I'd be pissed too if I were to be so severely handicapped.

I hope you are able to improve your station in life so you don't feel the need to lash out needlessly soon.

Best wishes.

Loco 50
11-14-2019, 06:28 AM
It's not that controversial, I googled it awhile ago when I was thinking about it and figured out they are researching it. Same w/ psychopathic empathy.

Sorry, sometimes I neglect to be clear in my writing. Not at all controversial to share narcissistic and psychopathic traits. Nor, schizophrenia to a lesser degree. Links to autism, however would raise some socially concerned eyebrows. I think it'd be something interesting to investigate though.

I still think you need empathy to properly exploit people, but you just turn it off in the end when you are doing the actual exploiting. Remorse... I dunno if they have it or not, but empathy, yea they do.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-23431793

and an empathy switch isn't that foreign of a concept. Interesting article, thank you for sharing. I would caution at using one study as an ultimate definition. There are too many followup questions in my mind and it doesn't appear that any researchers decided to build on this study's findings although I only gave a cursory google search. Regardless, it was an interesting read and I was unaware that study had been performed.

I mean, if you're playing for the championship you're gonna wanna turn off all your switches, right? It's just like war all the time for them. Like I said cuz they are so afraid of being weak. They hate weak people... and want to constantly prove they aren't weak.

This focus on weakness seems more like your opinion, (perhaps your intuition again?). That's fine, but I don't think I can agree with it. It's not something I've come across in studies or training.

I dunno what a xpath would have to gain from being in congress, esp compared to a narcissist. But like I said their behavior comes out... they can't hide it. That's the flaw. Some people have said that it's better to have no empathy but that's bullshit. Especially cuz like I said they get so triggered and can be enraged by certain things so easily. If the premise is empathy makes you easier to control/weaker, that makes you just as weak.

They want success same as anyone else. The big difference is they lack the moral constraints that most others have. I'm not sure that they're any angrier than anybody else though either.

Here's an article that seems interesting at least on a surface level on the topic of the emotions a psychopath experience. I haven't been able to do anything more than glance over it, but it might be interesting and it might follow up on your study.

https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/psychotic-affective-disorders/hidden-suffering-psychopath

Edit: also, there exist benevolent narcissists.

-Smak
For sure, it's difficult for anyone to reach any leadership position without having at least a little narcissistic streak in them.

CelticBaller
11-14-2019, 07:34 AM
Equal parts dumb and belligerent over simply being asked to explain where your opinions are coming from.

Unfortunate, but I forgive your anger as I'd be pissed too if I were to be so severely handicapped.

I hope you are able to improve your station in life so you don't feel the need to lash out needlessly soon.

Best wishes.
Dodge

ILLsmak
11-14-2019, 02:53 PM
This focus on weakness seems more like your opinion, (perhaps your intuition again?). That's fine, but I don't think I can agree with it. It's not something I've come across in studies or training.

Fair enough, like I always say my POVs come from the life I've lived and adding together things. I mean, IF someone grows up in an super ****ed up household, is abused by their father or psychologically abused by their mother, comes out with an attitude that they should abuse everything as well as a hyper focus (I would say they care a lot more about success/winning than an average person) on winning/domination, I'd say that they fear weakness the most. That's not science, though, it's just... my interpretation. Call it 'intuition' if you want. haha. I see how you are bringing that up, tho. I SEE U. Everyone thinks that's such a dirty word. I don't think they understand what it means. It's not like literally making shit up. It's more like seeing connections where there may or may not be them.

Just like the autism thing. The point I was making is AUTISM (or the core of it) could be the root.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6393379/ (I dunno just random google. not gonna put too much time into it, you can if you want.)

I mean imo autism/schizo is pretty much a lock. Here's one for autism psychopathy, but it's a complicated issue. This study doesn't seem to think it's related.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3826592/

I'm not really saying in all circumstances it is, either, but I'm just saying that like a HFA mad-at-the world dude who learns to play the game could easily become very similar to a psychopath. Plus there are autism disorders with high levels of aggression, kind of like you'd find in some of the more malignant psychopaths.

Just thoughts. Fun to discuss. Fun to think. Fun to read.

-Smak