PDA

View Full Version : Why are people up in arms about load management?

Boogaboog
11-07-2019, 06:36 PM
If Kawhi shows up in the playoffs and owns LeBron, none of this shit matters. LeBron can average a 30 point triple double the entire season, win MVP, and nobody will care if Kawhi destroys him in the playoffs. :biggums: So what's more likely? LeBron plays like a monster through an entire season and then gets a second wind in the playoffs, or Kawhi's load management works? :oldlol:

ralph_i_el
11-07-2019, 06:53 PM
Kawhi? Who's that? I've been watching Clippers game on national TV, but I haven't seen anyone named Kawhi.

red1
11-07-2019, 06:54 PM
exactly.

too bad clippers fans are retarded.

Loco 50
11-07-2019, 06:58 PM
If Kawhi shows up in the playoffs and owns LeBron, none of this shit matters. LeBron can average a 30 point triple double the entire season, win MVP, and nobody will care if Kawhi destroys him in the playoffs. :biggums: So what's more likely? LeBron plays like a monster through an entire season and then gets a second wind in the playoffs, or Kawhi's load management works? :oldlol:
It's just salty Lebron/Laker fans. They know their team's success is dependent on Kawhi's health so they'll attack him for resting.

Healthy Kawhi=no Laker chip. Simple as that.

DoctorP
11-07-2019, 07:00 PM
he does seem to have a little limp in his step.

not sure if thats cuz he is from LA or that leg injury but, better not push it. he will bail

ronniec
11-07-2019, 07:23 PM
The day Clippers win the championship, the day Kawhi will be forgiven

tontoz
11-07-2019, 07:36 PM
It matters to the people who buy tickets to the games expecting to see Kawhi. It matters to people watching on TV. It certainly matters to the networks.

They are getting paid a ton of money to play, not sit on the bench when healthy.

DoctorP
11-07-2019, 07:37 PM
It matters to the people who buy tickets to the games expecting to see Kawhi. It matters to people watching on TV. It certainly matters to the networks.

They are getting paid a ton of money to play, not sit on the bench when healthy.

but is he healthy tho?

TheGreatDeraj
11-07-2019, 08:05 PM
Look Kahwi is one if my favorite players but load management is some sh*t

Some people pay hundreds if not thousands of their hardworking dollars for tickets to games. That's f*cked up up and disrespectful to not play and give 100% if you are not injured.

Especially because sometimes that's the ONLY game you can go to that year. For instance I'm a longtime laker fan(nearly 20 years) but I live in Atlanta. The lakers come into town once a year. I've already bought tickets for December 15 when the Lakers play the Hawks in Atlanta. I would be so mad if I spent all this money and AD or Lebron sat out due to load management.

Kobe is my favorite player of all time and he always tried to put on a show. My best sports memory is Kobe dropping 19 points in the 3rd quarter leading the Lakers back from a double digit deficit. I would be furious if I spent money and my favorite player didn't suit up or didn't try. Last year when I went Lebron gave about 5% effort and Lakers lost. I was not happy spending my money on that.

Kawhi should play if he's not hurt. You never know who's in the stands and what it took for them to be there. You never know maybe there's a 10 year old kid that you inspire to be a lifelong basketball fan. Maybe there's a kid out there that your play inspires them to pick up a ball and they could be the next Lebron or Curry.

The game is important to people. I love basketball and going to a game is a beautiful thing. Don't take that away from people unless 100% necessary.

RealSkipBayless
11-07-2019, 08:20 PM
Probably because it's 3 weeks into the season.. Ain't nobody need no rest at this point.

People want to see key matchups after free agency and how everyone is stacking up. Not this load management nonsense that just drains interest.

Nobody would care if this was in the last 3 weeks of the season when its winding down for the playoffs.

Loco 50
11-07-2019, 08:20 PM
but is he healthy tho?
No, he's got a degenerative knee tendon. This is why the situation developed with the Spurs the way it did.

DoctorP
11-07-2019, 08:41 PM
No, he's got a degenerative knee tendon. This is why the situation developed with the Spurs the way it did.

exactly. thats painful to deal with right there.

waking up in cold sweats

dreaming of your legs missing or paralyzed.

painful nightmares

Haymaker
11-07-2019, 09:33 PM
As a Spurs fan, I'm pro-Load Management. It helped us keep our vets ready for the Playoffs. Why would someone risk their players' health in meaningless back to back games?

Marchesk
11-07-2019, 09:36 PM
but is he healthy tho?

Doc Rivers said Kawhi felt great to the tune of $50K in fines.

Wally450
11-07-2019, 10:37 PM
They better win the championship if he sits out 20 games and is fresh for the playoffs. If they lose, he's going to be a laughing stock for the entire summer.

Hittin_Shots
11-07-2019, 11:35 PM
They better win the championship if he sits out 20 games and is fresh for the playoffs. If they lose, he's going to be a laughing stock for the entire summer.

Because he gave himself a better chance of being healthy to win?

RealSkipBayless
11-08-2019, 12:45 AM
It

Xiao Yao You
11-08-2019, 12:51 AM
I wish Bill Walton had been treated with baby gloves like Embiid instead of being shot up with pain meds and thrown out on the court to play on broken feet.

Bawkish
11-08-2019, 01:46 AM

If my memory serves me, he was also fined last season for saying Kawhi is a great player comparable to MJ :lol

Doc praising/commenting Kawhi which ending up with fines should be a good drinking game

Akeem34TheDream
11-08-2019, 02:10 AM
[QUOTE=RealSkipBayless]It

sportjames23
11-08-2019, 02:56 AM

Kawhi is one of my favorite players today, but I gotta agree here. That load management nonsense is bullshit.

Bronbron23
11-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Because they're idiots. Kawhi has arthritis in his tendon which requires rest to keep it from flaring up. So he can miss 20 games a year and you'll have a relatively healthy kawhi that will most likely win multiple chips in the next 5 years or he can play all 82 and risk further injuring himself and he won't win any chips and probably have to retire early.

It's kind of a no brainier to rest him

Wally450
11-08-2019, 10:29 AM

Because sitting 15-20 games in the West can cost you home court against a decent team. Even if he is healthy, not having homecourt in the West is bigger than people want to admit.

Then if they do ultimately lose, people will point at those games he sat out that could've gotten them 7-8 more wins and homecourt.

tamaraw08
11-08-2019, 07:08 PM
You can