PDA

View Full Version : Paul to Mavs better be a blatant lie of a rumor...

stalkerforlife
11-07-2019, 09:03 PM
https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/11/04/nba-rumors-mavericks-could-trade-for-chris-paul-to-form-powerful-big-3/

That would be horrible.

Bad for the locker room and on court.

Yuck.

Doranku
11-07-2019, 09:04 PM
Chris Paul isn't even the best PG on OKC right now. :lol Dude is completely washed. And obviously a locker room cancer which has been well documented throughout his career.

Don't see why the Mavs would do this.

dazzer87
11-07-2019, 09:06 PM
Wtf is Cuban thinking.....bringing on this career loser......:facepalm

LoneyROY7
11-07-2019, 09:09 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

ImKobe
11-07-2019, 09:10 PM
Doesn't seem like a great fit tbh.

Lebron6
11-07-2019, 09:10 PM
not happening. :no:

I wanna see Doncic succeed as a player. :rockon:

tontoz
11-07-2019, 09:21 PM
I would like to see them get a pg. Right now Doncic is bringing the ball up the floor. Over an 82 game season that is going to wear on him.

But the Doncic/KP duo won't be hitting their prime for a couple of years and Paul is already past his. Even setting aside the contract it looks like a bad fit.

When you consider the contract and his injury history......:wtf:

LAmbruh
11-07-2019, 09:22 PM
LMAO too funny

I remember a bunch of kobe stains weeping that CP3 trade fell through to LA, he was the 'key'

Yikes!

meanwhile ITT.... :yaohappy:

coin24
11-07-2019, 09:29 PM
LMAO too funny

I remember a bunch of kobe stains weeping that CP3 trade fell through to LA, he was the 'key'

Yikes!

Do you remember what outside looks like??

Haymaker
11-07-2019, 09:30 PM
Why the hell would Cuban want to take the ball off Luka's hands.

tontoz
11-07-2019, 09:34 PM

So he doesn't have to bring the ball up court all the time. They also need another playmaker. Right now there is too much on Luka's plate.

But i don't buy the Paul rumor.

Haymaker
11-07-2019, 09:40 PM
So he doesn't have to bring the ball up court all the time. They also need another playmaker. Right now there is too much on Luka's plate.

But i don't buy the Paul rumor.

I'd prefer someone like Iguodala then. Luka needs a Derek Fisher type who will spot up and bring the ball down now and then. Not a hard-headed washed up pg with bad knees.

scuzzy
11-07-2019, 09:41 PM
LMAO too funny

Yikes!

"Stern fcked us bad!" :mad:

"lolololol u guys got loser CP3!" :oldlol:

Mask the Embiid
11-07-2019, 09:54 PM
Mavs need a franchise player and Cp3 needs a franchise.

This is a perfect match OP

tpols
11-07-2019, 10:05 PM
is chris paul really that washed? im not a fan but the guy has been out his athleticism for many years. his best attributes have always been his skill and decision making.

DoctorP
11-07-2019, 10:06 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/a8GOUGGMCOSIM/source.gif

FultzNationRISE
11-07-2019, 10:06 PM
LMAO too funny

Yikes!

Shiiiiit :roll: :roll: :roll:

Doin these boys DIRTY :party:

tontoz
11-07-2019, 10:14 PM
Paul was in his mid-20s when the Lakers tried to get him. Totally different scenario. He was younger, cheaper and better.

Uncle Drew
11-07-2019, 10:43 PM
The Mavs could use some blackness. Good move.

RRR3
11-07-2019, 10:47 PM
The Mavs could use some blackness. Good move.
Agreed.

kentatm
11-08-2019, 03:19 AM
:facepalm :hammerhead:

Follow the OPs link which leads to a story on a site called fadeawayworld.net.

The first couple paragraphs read like this.

[QUOTE]The Dallas Mavericks are one of the surprise teams of the season with an early win-loss record of 4-2 and a 4th place standing in the West.

Mostly, it has been the combination of Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis who have carried the Mavs, and their performance has been nothing short of extraordinary.

But, [B]according to Zach Buckley of Bleacher Report, the team is eyeing Chris Paul as their ideal trade target this season and could strike a deal with the Thunder before February

NBAGOAT
11-08-2019, 03:46 AM
doubt it. Paul's still decent but mostly a jump shooter at this point(which is fine I guess if you play with doncic). his contract is just too bloated. I thought mil was a possibility if they dont look as good this RS and decide they want to move on from bledsoe but that's unlikely too.

DMAVS41
11-08-2019, 12:26 PM
A few things;

1. That is old and kind of seems made up.

2. Cuban isn't taking on Paul's contract unless he got at least a nice first-round pick back in return...and I don't know why the Thunder would do that.

3. While this isn't happening in reality, I actually wouldn't hate it from a basketball standpoint because the Mavs would give up nothing and get back at least something. The trade would be Hardaway/Lee for Paul...and that would certainly make the Mavericks better currently.

It just wouldn't be worth it because you aren't winning anything and it kills your cap. However, one might argue that the Mavericks don't do anything with cap space anyway and getting better now and then being able to use Paul's expiring in the future is a better idea than trying to land a free agent considering nobody ever comes to Dallas of note in free agency.

But, you just can't do a deal like the above unless the Mavs were getting back a first-rounder with potential.

4. So, it isn't happening, but...I wouldn't get horribly upset if we traded Hardaway/Lee for Paul and a first rounder...even with that contract. I'd prefer not to, but if we can upgrade this team by shedding Hardaway/Lee...I'm in favor of it in most scenarios.

ralph_i_el
11-08-2019, 12:29 PM

Luka could benefit from another playmaker. He's really good off-ball.

90sgoat
11-08-2019, 12:32 PM
Luka could benefit from another playmaker. He's really good off-ball.

Watching Orlando last game and the French team, I really like Evan Fournier.

He is big, crafty, good defender, shoots 3 well.

I also would like Patty Mills.

tontoz
11-08-2019, 12:46 PM
A few things;

2. Cuban isn't taking on Paul's contract unless he got at least a nice first-round pick back in return...and I don't know why the Thunder would do that.

I don't know the details but OKC got a bunch of draft picks in the PG13 trade.

DMAVS41
11-08-2019, 02:51 PM
I don't know the details but OKC got a bunch of draft picks in the PG13 trade.

They have a ton of first rounders, I'm just not sure why OKC would be willing to give a good pick up just to dump Paul after everything they just did.

If it is about saving money right now...Gallo could be moved easily and they'd get an asset in return.

Adams as well...might not get much for him, but they could save some money and get a 2nd rounder or something probably.

So I just don't see why they'd be willing to give up an asset to save money with Paul when they can save money and get a return other ways.

Doomsday Dallas
11-09-2019, 12:01 AM
We just lost to the Knicks at home...

let's trade for Chris Paul