PDA

View Full Version : Put Larry Legend in those LeBron Superteams

Angel Face
11-08-2019, 08:52 PM
How many titles?

I could see him winning 6 to 7 from 2011 to 2018. LeBron underachieved and only cared about his stats.

RRR3
11-08-2019, 08:55 PM
Bird basically played with the East All star team his whole career lmao.

Vino24
11-08-2019, 08:55 PM
3 herniated discs from carrying the LeBron load. Maybe one if lucky

Bronbron23
11-08-2019, 09:08 PM
How many titles?

I could see him winning 6 to 7 from 2011 to 2018. LeBron underachieved and only cared about his stats.
Bird played in a super team lol

Duncan21formvp
11-08-2019, 09:21 PM
5-6 titles for sure.

BigShotBob
11-08-2019, 09:28 PM
"Bird played with a super team"

When his rookie year he turned a 30 win team into a 60+ win team and carried them to the ECF.

RRR3
11-08-2019, 09:32 PM
"Bird played with a super team"

When his rookie year he turned a 30 win team into a 60+ win team and carried them to the ECF.
LeBron did a similar thing in 2009 :confusedshrug:

G0ATbe
11-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Bird was lebron with no athleticism/defense. Gonna go with 0.

SouBeachTalents
11-08-2019, 09:40 PM
8peat

superduper
11-08-2019, 09:59 PM
Lol with the load management, spacing, no defense allowed rules, it would be an absolute joke what he would do to the league.

hiphopanonymous
11-08-2019, 10:26 PM
LeBron did a similar thing in 2009 :confusedshrug:
Except the similarity ends when you consider Bird won a title with his exact same 30 win rookie team organically the very next season and 2 more within the next 6.

LeBron had to plot with Dwyane and Bosh to force-fit a championship to happen in a way in which no precedent had been set (collusion). Then half that championship era Heat roster followed him to Cleveland (not the other two superstars of course) but a 25/15 Love was recruited to join with LeBron and the clearly up and coming 20+ppg star Kyrie. A similar formula is now in effect with the Lakers. Davis and LeBron it appears clear to me, intended to team up there long before any official trades had been made.

I predict you'll find that pointing this distinction out is hating, or trolling, or whatever. But since you seem to keep thinking I'm not being serious I'll take the time to clarify that I'm speaking earnestly, these are facts I use to differentiate how I judge both of them. I don't like the idea of players deliberately talking to other clearly top-20+ players during off-seasons to stack teams, and I never have. I know it's a product of this era, but guess who paved that path. I don't like when local standout kids show up to a playground with the intent to beat up the competition with stacked teams. Don't like when stacked teams show up to rec leagues and play in lower divisions they have no business playing in. It's all the same thing to me and I feel it stems from a mindset I just don't identify with and have an extremely hard time respecting. People who I relate to like to compete in an organic challenge and would prefer to have their buddies talent spread out to make for a fun game or season not stack as many on one side as possible. In my world, uderdogging is virtuous. Not stacking and smiting.

That covers their competitive differences. But that said Bird and LeBron don't play the same way. So strictly looking at this in the vacuum as on-court pieces, LeBron's superteams were tailor built for him and he's a ball handler so Bird isn't necessarily the correct piece to replace LeBron in every scenario though I'd guess in most of the situations Bird would still take a lot of LeBron's Heat and Cavs teams to the promised land and likely repeatedly. I wouldn't want to guess how many times but he'd definitely be playing the final game of the season more than a few times. Any team that LeBron was a primary ball handler, that lacked ball handling depth it would need to be addressed with a trade to get rid of a big or a forward for another on-ball guard as Bird is not a ball handler. The Heat era in my opinion he could dominate as it was, as the same with the Cavs era but I'm not sure Bird is the best piece for this Lakers squad which I presently see a weak backcourt. Nor would I discredit LeBron's longevity - Bird simply wouldn't make it this far in being this productive at this age so if we are doing this age to age, obviously LeBron gets the nod there once Bird is long in the tooth. Though in this hypothetical, does Bird get the same "biochemist" and physical trainer team? That could change Birds physique and bad back situation entirely - and could add to his tenure.

If you disagree and have a counter let's hear. FYI not looking for an insult contest.

SpaceJam2
11-08-2019, 10:27 PM
Put Demar Derozan on those Bulls Superteams...Next

superduper
11-08-2019, 10:28 PM
Put Demar Derozan on those Bulls Superteams...Next

This might be the stupidest self ether I've ever seen on ISH

Turbo Slayer
11-08-2019, 10:34 PM
This might be the stupidest self ether I've ever seen on ISH
You called Bron top 5 alltime. :confusedshrug:

SpaceJam2