PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum will be a top 3 big man in 5 years

Clove21
06-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Bumping this to the top as it is looking more legit than it did when I posted it 6/28/07.

Hopefully, for Laker fans, we dont see this guy get traded for anything less than a Garnett caliber player (in a package of course).

If the Lakers are not going to get a Garnett caliber player, then Kobe will not be happy and they should hang onto Bynum to build around him after Kobe is gone.

For those that havent seen him play, there is some truth to the hype. Early this past season, he was looking pretty good. This is also after he barely got even garbage time, or scrap minutes. So for all intents and purposes, last year was his real rookie season.

The main reason he has fallen off of late, is due to him tiring out towards the end of the season. At his age, I dont think he was fully conditioned to go a full season. Especially after only getting a couple minutes all of last season. Early in the season he was quite impressive. Just based on what I saw there, I believe he will be a top 3 big man in 5 years.

For those that dont know, he came out of High School at 17 and was the youngest player of all time. The good thing about coming out of High School is that he didnt have any bad habits to correct yet. This has been especially helpful because the person who has worked with him since he became a Laker has been Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

You can see this in his good fundamentals. Grabbing rebounds with two hands, his form on small hook shots, his positioning on rebounding and defense. When most young players come out, they dunk a lot and have flashes of wild athleticism. Bynum has solid fundamentals already. Hes got the size and soft touch. Once he gets conditioned and can learn to be more consistent, he will be worth the wait.

The only down side to him that I saw from his play, should be corrected in time. He would make two impressive plays, both on defense and offense, then he would make a 'rookie mistake'. Well as we know, these types of mistakes go away with time, and when they do, he will be one of the top big men in the league.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-28-2007, 12:22 PM
so, in your opinion, should they trade Kobe (because he cannot wait 3 years for Bynum to become a top player).

Collie
06-28-2007, 12:24 PM
He will be a top 3 big man on his team I agree.

SJellen
06-28-2007, 12:24 PM
peirce and the 5th for kobe :rockon:

jerky10
06-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Straight to the point.

saKf
06-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Top 3? That's saying an awful lot.

Al Jefferson
Emeka Okafor
Nene
Biedrins
Bogut
Chandler
David West
Howard
Darko
Stoudemire
Aldridge
Bosh
Boozer

Those guys are all pretty young and still getting better. Bynum's not better than a single one of them right now.

He's going to leapfrog ALL those big men? Not to mention guys who aren't in the league yet and may develop in those five years?

You're reaching.

Odenorbust
06-28-2007, 12:30 PM

Al Jefferson
Emeka Okafor
Nene
Biedrins
Bogut
Chandler
David West
Howard
Darko
Stoudemire
Aldridge
Bosh
Boozer

Those guys are all pretty young and still getting better. Bynum's not better than a single one of them right now.

He's going to leapfrog ALL those big men? Not to mention guys who aren't in the league yet and may develop in those five years?

You're reaching. I agree. He MIGHT be top 15 in 3 years. But that's ignoring Beasley Horford Wright Yi Oden Durant and anyone in the other drafts. I highly doubt he's going to be top 3. Were not even counting developing big man like Lee Dalembert Jefferson Gomes and howard Yao and Garnett will still be around. Seriously dude... top 3 in 5? NOOOOO way

Chrono90
06-28-2007, 12:34 PM
in 5 years...

amare
howard
bosh

these 3 on top of my head will be better than him..

Clove21
06-28-2007, 12:35 PM
so, in your opinion, should they trade Kobe (because he cannot wait 3 years for Bynum to become a top player).

Yes, if they are unable to get a Garnett type player to run with Kobe in his prime, than they should trade him for younger talent and picks.

The main reason I made this is because I know a lot of people have not seen Andrew Bynum play much, or at all. There was a reason the Lakers didnt want to trade him earlier.

For those that havent seen him play, pay close attention to him next year, wherever hes at.

rzp
06-28-2007, 12:36 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

bigboi_baller
06-28-2007, 12:37 PM

Al Jefferson
Emeka Okafor
Nene
Biedrins
Bogut
Chandler
David West
Howard
Darko
Stoudemire
Aldridge
Bosh
Boozer

You're reaching.
Add in Oden.

Clove21
06-28-2007, 12:42 PM

Al Jefferson
Emeka Okafor
Nene
Biedrins
Bogut
Chandler
David West
Howard
Darko
Stoudemire
Aldridge
Bosh
Boozer

You're reaching.

You are right, top 3 is probably reaching a bit, but I dont think top 5 is reaching much. Bosh, Stoudemire and Howard will all be up there. I think Oden will be great in 5 years as well. Boozer will be 30/31, and I'm not sure he will still be as effective. The only other player on there that I think might be up there would be Al Jefferson.

saKf
06-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Add in Oden.

Not to mention guys who aren't in the league yet and may develop in those five years?

Fudge
06-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Top 5? There's still Beasley next season? Oden this year? All of these guys are strictly better than him in 5 years. You should probably stretch it to 10 or 15.

Al Jefferson
Nene
Greg Oden
Chris Bosh
Emeka Okafor
Michael Beasley
Andrew Bogut
LaMarcus Aldridge

XxNeXuSxX
06-28-2007, 01:18 PM
peirce and the 5th for kobe :rockon:
I'll pass?

Richie2k6
06-28-2007, 01:19 PM
:roll:

Bynum? Ha!

clayton
06-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Amare would become a godzilla after 5 years. He's a monster right now.

He has the inside game starting back from 2 years ago.

This year, he's showing his jumper. Also, his freethrows improve a lot.

Skyscraper
06-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Andrew Bynum has probably never lived in a skyscraper before. therefore, he cannot rise to the top.

He will always be the short condo complex to everyone else's Empire State Building

Skywalker
06-28-2007, 01:27 PM
ANDREA BARGNANI

Skyscraper
06-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Andrea Bargnani has also probably never lived in a skyscraper before.

Compared to Andrew bynum, Bargnani's Leaning Tower of Pisa will finally collapse

Skywalker
06-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Bargnani has obviously been in the CN Tower many times though.

Clove21
06-28-2007, 01:39 PM
To be honest guys, this isnt an opinion, this is a fact.

I'm from the future and I love to come back in time to make posts that no one will believe.

In 2010 the NBA creates a new post season award. Best Big Man - Bynum finishes third.

Skyscraper
06-28-2007, 01:43 PM

I'm from the future and I love to come back in time to make posts that no one will believe.

In 2010 the NBA creates a new post season award. Best Big Man - Bynum finishes third.

not before the NBA creates the Best Player who has lived in a Skyscraper award

Admiral
06-28-2007, 02:26 PM

:oldlol: :applause: well played sir.

EDIT: lol well this quote woulda made more sense had it included your quote with the super-bolding of your point :)

luigi>mario
06-28-2007, 05:59 PM
I like Bynum. I think he's about in the same boat as Dalembert.

brwnman
06-28-2007, 06:03 PM

you went from making an argument to being a moron...

Rockets(T-mac)
06-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Bynum won't even be the top 3 center in 3 years let alone big men. What a joke Bynum a top 3 big man!:roll:

Rockets(T-mac)
06-28-2007, 06:08 PM

In 2010 the NBA creates a new post season award. Best Bust - Bynum finishes first.
Fixed.

samballs
06-28-2007, 06:33 PM
in 2010 the best bigs

Duncan
KG
Yao

why would it change?

vert48
06-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Bynum will never be anything more than a retread of Benoit Benjamin.

Clove21
02-03-2008, 05:30 AM
Bumping, as this looks more true now than it did when it was posted last year before Bynum started playing well this season.

AtTheDriveIn
02-03-2008, 05:37 AM
Bumping, as this looks more true now than it did when it was posted last year before Bynum started playing well this season.

Bosh
Howard
Boozer
Jefferson
Stoudemire
West

are still all better than him. The first two by quite a large margin, also you could consider the following to be about on par, or better than Bynum still:

Aldridge
Bogut
Chandler

He's in the 7-10 region of young big men who are in the league and still developing. Add in the Duncan's, Garnett's, Brand's and he's looking at maybe a top 15 place right now.

Clove21
02-03-2008, 05:42 AM
Bosh
Howard
Boozer
Jefferson
Stoudemire
West

are still all better than him. The first two by quite a large margin, also you could consider the following to be about on par, or better than Bynum still:

Aldridge
Bogut
Chandler

He's in the 7-10 region of young big men who are in the league and still developing. Add in the Duncan's, Garnett's, Brand's and he's looking at maybe a top 15 place right now.

Agreed. But I said 5 years. And that was 6 months ago. The Brands, Duncans and Garnetts will be very limited in 5 years if not gone, and Bynum will have grown from a man-child into a man.

I was more pointing out how fundamentally sound Bynum is and how over time that can double and triple your worth. Many athletic players make small progress over time as they get experience, players that start from the ground up learning good fundamentals can make larger leaps each year.

AtTheDriveIn
02-03-2008, 05:46 AM
Agreed. But I said 5 years. And that was 6 months ago. The Brands, Duncans and Garnetts will be very limited in 5 years if not gone, and Bynum will have grown from a man-child into a man.

I was more pointing out how fundamentally sound Bynum is and how over time that can double and triple your worth. Many athletic players make small progress over time as they get experience, players that start from the ground up learning good fundamentals can make larger leaps each year.

Fair enough, but with the decline of Garnett (who wont drop out of the Top 10 big men until he retires, he's too good at keeping himself in game shape) and with the decline of Duncan, there are going to be guys who take their spot and possibly push Bynum back. The one I can name that isn't in the league is Oden. Just my personal opinion, but from watching the both of them (the level of competition doesn't really matter), I think Oden will be as good as, or better than Bynum in his first 2/3 seasons.

Also, Howard will continue to improve as he is only 21/22 years of age. Same thing with Bosh and same thing with everyone else. By that time, Boozer, West, Stoudemire will be at their absolute peaks in their prime and will probably outshine Bynum quite simply.

Also add in the fact that Bogut has finally started looking like he could average 18/9 or around that for a season and Jefferson could be a 25/13 player by then and it starts to look like a steep road for Bynum to climb.

Top 6-10 - Debatable.
Top 3 - Nearly impossible.

RoseCity07
02-03-2008, 06:46 AM
Dwight Howard, Al Jefferson, and Yao are better than Bynum will ever be.

Then your talking about Bynum being better than Oden, Stoudamire, West, and Boozer in the next 5 years.

We will have to wait and see about this one. Bynum is showing some serious game but don't think he will ever crack top 3. Top 5 is a nice goal.

hotsizzle
02-03-2008, 07:08 AM

Then your talking about Bynum being better than Oden, Stoudamire, West, and Boozer in the next 5 years.

We will have to wait and see about this one. Bynum is showing some serious game but don't think he will ever crack top 3. Top 5 is a nice goal.

Better than Bynum WILL EVER be? What was AlJeff averaging at 20 years of age? Oh yea, he was a rookie averaging 7/4 and a sophomore averaging 8/5 at nearly 21 playing on bad celtic teams. Bynum just turned 20 and is averaging 13/10 and 2+ blks on 60% fg on a team that was #1 in the West before he went down. Yea, better than Bynum WILL EVER be...you're right, there is no possible way Bynum could end up better than AlJeff.

Yao at 20 yrs old wasnt even in the league. And just to throw it out there..Yao has averaged more than 10 boards twice in his career...Bynum is doing this a 20 yrs of age playing ~28 mins. But its a stone cold fact that Bynum will NEVER be as good as Yao

Howard is just nasty but don't underestimate Bynum's offensive game and touch around the basket.

lakerfreak
02-03-2008, 07:16 AM

I don't see how you're bringing Oden into this conversation. The kid hasn't played yet and this might be the first sign of a long injury prone career for him.

Bynum is in his third year averaging a double double and hes not better than oden? Not better than West? this is a travesty.

GOBB
02-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Greg Oden anyone?

stewen12
02-03-2008, 10:59 AM
2011 Season: Top Big men

1. Dwight Howard
2. Yao
3. Oden
4. Al Jefferson
5. Amare

6. Bynum

2LeTTeRS KD
02-03-2008, 11:05 AM

1. Dwight Howard
2. Yao
3. Oden
4. Al Jefferson
5. Amare

6. Bynum

Al Jefferson won't be better than Bynum. He can't affect a game on D like Bynum can. He makes Amare look like a great defender.

bleedinpurpleTwo
02-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Yes, if they are unable to get a Garnett type player to run with Kobe in his prime, than they should trade him for younger talent and picks.

The main reason I made this is because I know a lot of people have not seen Andrew Bynum play much, or at all. There was a reason the Lakers didnt want to trade him earlier.

For those that havent seen him play, pay close attention to him next year, wherever hes at.

well, looks like they got their "Garnett type player".

stewen12
02-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Al Jefferson is a great scorer, rebounder and averages a steals and a block and a half a game

brantonli
02-03-2008, 11:10 AM

1. Dwight Howard
2. Yao
3. Oden
4. Al Jefferson
5. Amare

6. Bynum

I don't see why Bunum can't be a top 5 big man in the next 5 years, but I don't think age can really be a factor because:

In 2012 (since this thread was made in 2007)
Yao: 32
Howard: 27
Oden: 24
Jefferson: 27
Stoudemire: 30

Unless one of these players have a sudden Shaq-like decline (quite possible with Howard, but only in his mid-thirties, so it's irrelevent here), it will be pretty tough to crack a top 3 spot, top 5 I think Bynum can do it.

Tainted Sword
02-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Greg Oden hasn't even played an NBA game yet and he's somehow going to be better than a Center who's been averaging 17/10 since he started getting decent playtime. That's really funny. :oldlol:

Atleast wait till the guy actually does something before you rate him above something like that.

evinecz
02-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Dont make me laugh.

vert48
02-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Bynum will never be anything more than a retread of Benoit Benjamin.Glad I was wrong about that.

SoCalMike
02-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Greg Oden hasn't even played an NBA game yet and he's somehow going to be better than a Center who's been averaging 17/10 since he started getting decent playtime. That's really funny. :oldlol:

Atleast wait till the guy actually does something before you rate him above something like that.

Sorry, but you are 100% wrong... Oden > Bynum. :rolleyes:

:pimp:

Loki
02-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Next season, if given 35 mpg, Bynum will be producing 18 pts/11 reb/2.5 blk/55% FG.

By the season after that, he'll be a 22/12/3 blk/55% FG player at minimum. More importantly, he's a low post center, not like a guy like Bosh. So those who are suggesting that Bosh will be better than Bynum are way off base imo. Jump shooting big men can only take you so far.

GOBB
02-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Loki has high expecations...I hope Bynum meets them.

Same thing people said about Lebron James...now we need all hands on deck to pull his nuts out peoples mouths. Just saying. The whole notion you need to see him play a "NBA game" is moronic considering who it is being talked about. This isnt Kwame Brown, its Greg Oden who has recieved the same amount of hype, praise as Lebron James. Yet no one on planet EARTH even DARED to take anyone over him and while people doubted the kid? Those who doubted are now his biggest fans and dont even remember talkin bad bout the kid.

Clove21
02-03-2012, 02:57 AM
In light of the All Star starter announcement today, I thought this would be a good time to bump.

Flagrant 2
02-03-2012, 03:05 AM
You're a weird poster Clove21. I like you.

WeGetRing2012
02-03-2012, 03:08 AM
Add in Oden.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Hindsight is truly 20/20

DirtySanchez
02-03-2012, 03:24 AM
Wow...

Best centers....

Howard
Bynum
And????

alenleomessi
02-03-2012, 03:29 AM
Are PFs considered big man?

The Iron Fist
02-03-2012, 03:53 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

brandonislegend
02-03-2012, 03:58 AM
Wow...

Best centers....

Howard
Bynum
And????

Marc Gasol.

bluechox2
02-03-2012, 04:03 AM
tyson chandler, 11/10 on 70%

talkingconch
02-03-2012, 04:12 AM
:applause:

brwnman
02-03-2012, 04:18 AM
He's still not top 3, so you're still wrong...

Clove21
02-03-2012, 04:23 AM
The funny thing is that I don't think hes even showing his full potential because Kobe takes up so much of the offense. He should have even better numbers.

lbj23clutch
02-03-2012, 04:36 AM

It's funny how a lot of people were over hyping Oden even before he played a god damn game. Look at him now. :oldlol:

Kiddlovesnets
02-03-2012, 07:18 AM

It's funny how a lot of people were over hyping Oden even before he played a god damn game. Look at him now. :oldlol:

lol Greg Oden... Poor man's Olowokandi...
:facepalm

blacknapalm
02-03-2012, 07:24 AM

for all you know, this guy made tons of predictions and got the bulls eye on this one.

oden showed plenty of potential on the court. it's easy to armchair QB. even with yellow flags, he absolutely looked like a major prospect. an elite defensive minded player who had offensive post moves? when it comes to bigs and potential, you take risks. he broke his right wrist and learned how to shoot FT's left handed. he ended up shooting 75%. he worked to better his game all the time. it's not like the guy was a lazy drug addict and became injured because of that. not many people foresaw his injury path. i really don't see what is so funny about a good player whose career was derailed by injuries. i guess the shaun livingston injury was pretty funny too huh?

Clove21
02-03-2012, 02:48 PM
I'd also like to point out that Bynum is actually a lot more talented than his numbers suggest. Should he get to be on a team or have the opportunity to get 18-20 shots per game, he would probably be regarded as a top 10 player in the league, not just big man.

Rooster
02-04-2012, 03:34 AM
The funny thing is that I don't think hes even showing his full potential because Kobe takes up so much of the offense. He should have even better numbers.

You know what he's still young but when he's healthy he will produce. But you were right on in your predictions. I dunno how he does if he is that first option. He struggled at times passing off on double teams but with time, he will learn. He is just not used to it. He need experienced on reading defense and where the weakside defender coming.

LA_Showtime
02-04-2012, 03:36 AM
I don't know why the OP is bragging. That wasn't a crazy prediction by any means.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-04-2012, 03:37 AM
lol Greg Oden... Poor man's Olowokandi...

olowolandi >>> oden

Rooster
02-04-2012, 03:41 AM
I don't know why the OP is bragging. That wasn't a crazy prediction by any means.

That was a bold prediction though based on the time he wrote it. I saw flashes of of brilliance on his game during that time but nothing to suggest that he will be a top 3 big man.

LA_Showtime
02-04-2012, 03:43 AM
That was a bold prediction though based on the time he wrote it. I saw flashes of of brilliance on his game during that time but nothing to suggest that he will be a top 3 big man.

Not really. By his second season there were flashes of greatness. Heck, I figured he'd be a player after I saw him get destroyed by Shaq, only to go right back at him and dunk on him.

Rooster
02-04-2012, 04:39 AM
Not really. By his second season there were flashes of greatness. Heck, I figured he'd be a player after I saw him get destroyed by Shaq, only to go right back at him and dunk on him.

Regardless he called it and I have to give him credit. To me it was a bold prediction. Because the following season, there was a leap of faith. He could have been an All Star that season. And the OP prediction would have come sooner. But injury is part of the game. Just look at Oden. So you'll never know.

Clove21
04-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Going to bump this again.

5 years later he is a top 3 big man.

A top 2 dickhead, but still a top 3 big man.

:coleman:

Batz
04-05-2012, 04:32 PM

Hipster Bynum fans unite. :cheers:

LA_Showtime
04-05-2012, 04:36 PM
What do you want Clove, a medal? You didn't even post on your main account, so obviously you weren't THAT sure. Anyway, Bynum showed flashes of greatness at an early age, and it was painfully obvious the only thing stopping him from becoming a great center was his injury woes.

1987_Lakers
04-05-2012, 06:54 PM

Al Jefferson
Emeka Okafor
Nene
Biedrins
Bogut
Chandler
David West
Howard
Darko
Stoudemire
Aldridge
Bosh
Boozer

You're reaching.

Bynum is having a better season than everyone on that list except Howard. I lol'd when I saw Darko's name.:lol

1987_Lakers
04-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Top 5? There's still Beasley next season? Oden this year? All of these guys are strictly better than him in 5 years. You should probably stretch it to 10 or 15.

Al Jefferson
Nene
Greg Oden
Chris Bosh
Emeka Okafor
Michael Beasley
Andrew Bogut
LaMarcus Aldridge
:lol

Droid101
04-05-2012, 06:57 PM

Al Jefferson
Emeka Okafor
Nene
Biedrins
Bogut
Chandler
David West
Howard
Darko
Stoudemire
Aldridge
Bosh
Boozer

You're reaching.Guess he wasn't reaching all that far. :oldlol:

magnax1
Top 3 is a stretch for this year, but he's very good, and still improving

DirkNowitzki41

:cheers:

Jotaro Durant
04-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Top 3 is a stretch for this year, but he's very good, and still improving
howard
love
bynum
who else better:confusedshrug:

magnax1
04-05-2012, 07:00 PM
howard
love
bynum
who else better:confusedshrug:
Dwight is definitely better
Love Aldridge Bosh and healthy ZBo are all in the same tier. You could call him the third best but it's definitely not definitive.

Droid101
04-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Love Aldridge Bosh and healthy ZBo are all in the same tier. You could call him the third best but it's definitely not definitive.
Aldridge is nowhere near as good as Bynum this season.

Jotaro Durant
04-05-2012, 07:01 PM
neither bosh or randolph

magnax1
04-05-2012, 07:03 PM
I'd definitely disagree. Offensively he's much more polished and makes more of an impact.

dajadeed
04-05-2012, 07:04 PM

Al Jefferson
Emeka Okafor
Nene
Biedrins
Bogut
Chandler
David West
Howard
Darko
Stoudemire
Aldridge
Bosh
Boozer

You're reaching.

:oldlol:

BlackVVaves
04-05-2012, 07:04 PM

Bynum has been better than those players this season and it's not even close. This isn't 2009.

Rnbizzle
04-05-2012, 07:06 PM
OP :bowdown: :bowdown:

GOBB
04-05-2012, 07:06 PM

Right because you didnt do that with Lebron or any prospect? And Oden injuried sidelined his career. If healthy who knows what he would have become. 5yrs of being healthy, developing parts of your game and just being on the court? He could have excelled or been average. Its funny you cant see that.

Punpun
04-05-2012, 07:07 PM
OP is Buss. Go slap some sense in your son Buss.

magnax1
04-05-2012, 07:07 PM
neither bosh or randolph
Bosh is a 25 ppg scorer on 60% TS% when given the chance. Don't act like his stats on Miami are any sort of indication of how good he actually is.

1987_Lakers
04-05-2012, 07:09 PM

Bynum is better than these 3 guys simply because he is such a force defensively, he gets you 12 rebounds and 2 blocks per game. He also a much more efficient low post scorer than Aldridge, Bosh, & Z-Bo. Bynum is a true big man, Aldridge, Bosh, & Z-Bo are power forwards who play like small forwards.

dajadeed
04-05-2012, 07:09 PM
I'd definitely disagree. Offensively he's much more polished and makes more of an impact.

Not really. And defensively he is nowhere near having Bynum's impact.

Aldridge might score more, but Bynum is a center and as far as centers go he has a vast array of low post moves. Not many centers can do that, many power forwards can duplicate Aldridge's game, the 4 position is loaded in the NBA.

No one would pick Aldridge over Bynum.

1987_Lakers
04-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Bosh is a 25 ppg scorer on 60% TS% when given the chance. Don't act like his stats on Miami are any sort of indication of how good he actually is.

Bosh is a jump shooting big man who is too scared to defend and rebound.

Mr. Jabbar
04-05-2012, 07:11 PM

Al Jefferson
Emeka Okafor
Nene
Biedrins
Bogut
Chandler
David West
Howard
Darko
Stoudemire
Aldridge
Bosh
Boozer

You're reaching.

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/6347/failto.jpg

Mr. Jabbar
04-05-2012, 07:13 PM
in 5 years...

amare
howard
bosh

these 3 on top of my head will be better than him..

Mr. Jabbar
04-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Add in Oden.

Mr. Jabbar
04-05-2012, 07:14 PM

Al Jefferson
Nene
Greg Oden
Chris Bosh
Emeka Okafor
Michael Beasley
Andrew Bogut
LaMarcus Aldridge

Mr. Jabbar
04-05-2012, 07:15 PM
:roll:

Bynum? Ha!

Mr. Jabbar
04-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Andrew Bynum has probably never lived in a skyscraper before. therefore, he cannot rise to the top.

He will always be the short condo complex to everyone else's Empire State Building

magnax1
Bosh is a jump shooting big man who is too scared to defend and rebound.
What a great argument. Thanks for setting me straight by making solid logical points that can't be disproved with a 30 second google search.

Mr. Jabbar
Bynum won't even be the top 3 center in 3 years let alone big men. What a joke Bynum a top 3 big man!:roll:

Mr. Jabbar
04-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Bynum will never be anything more than a retread of Benoit Benjamin.

Mr. Jabbar
04-05-2012, 07:17 PM
in 2010 the best bigs

Duncan
KG
Yao

why would it change?

1987_Lakers
04-05-2012, 07:18 PM
What a great argument. Thanks for setting me straight by making solid logical points that can't be disproved with a 30 second google search.

Bynum is pretty much better at every aspect of the game except for shooting. Bynum is a better low post scorer, better shot blocker, better defender, & a better rebounder.

Mr. Jabbar
04-05-2012, 07:18 PM

1. Dwight Howard
2. Yao
3. Oden
4. Al Jefferson
5. Amare

6. Bynum

Mr. Jabbar
04-05-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm done stamping here.

Good job OP

Droid101
04-05-2012, 07:22 PM
But he's not that this season, and we have no reason to believe he'd ever return to that form.

We're talking this season people.

magnax1
04-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Bynum is pretty much better at every aspect of the game except for shooting. Bynum is a better low post scorer, better shot blocker, better defender, & a better rebounder.
Bosh is a better scorer by a very large margin. As a third option on a team with 2 extremely ball dominant perimeter players he putting up similar scoring numbers as Bynum is.
Also, Bynum has no clue how to pass in any form. You can double him, and it's basically a 50/50 chance that it becomes a wasted possession for the Lakers.
As a first or second option they'd both have very similar impacts. Bynum makes more of an impact defensively by a large margin, and Bosh makes more of an impact offensively by a large margin. Stating that they're not close is plainly stupid.

1987_Lakers
04-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Bosh is a better scorer by a very large margin. As a third option on a team with 2 extremely ball dominant perimeter players he putting up similar scoring numbers as Bynum is.
Also, Bynum has no clue how to pass in any form. You can double him, and it's basically a 50/50 chance that it becomes a wasted possession for the Lakers.
As a first or second option they'd both have very similar impacts. Bynum makes more of an impact defensively by a large margin, and Bosh makes more of an impact offensively by a large margin. Stating that they're not close is plainly stupid.

Bynum also has to deal with Kobe & Gasol taking most of the shots, they attempt more shots per game than Bynum.

Bynum is only attempting 12.5 shots per game, Bosh attempts 14 per game. And they both get to the line around 5 times per game.

Let's see...
Bynum 12.5 FGA per game, 18.3 PPG on 58% shooting
Bosh 14 FGA per game, 17.9 PPG on 48.5% shooting

How does Bosh "make more of an impact offensively by a large margin"?:facepalm

Get your garbage out of here.

dajadeed
04-05-2012, 07:35 PM

magnax1
04-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Bynum also has to deal with Kobe & Gasol taking most of the shots, they attempt more shots per game than Bynum.

Bynum is only attempting 12.5 shots per game, Bosh attempts 14 per game. And they both get to the line around 5 times per game.

Let's see...
Bynum 12.5 FGA per game, 18.3 PPG on 58% shooting
Bosh 14 FGA per game, 17.9 PPG on 48.5% shooting

How does Bosh "make more of an impact offensively by a large margin"?:facepalm

Get your garbage out of here.
Get your garbage out of here. Acting like this is what Bosh is capable of at his best is stupid. So quit doing it, unless you're really that dumb.

sagr32
04-05-2012, 07:41 PM
This Season Bynum is absolutely better then Bosh has been. They both score about 18 pts a game, but bynum does it at 58% on 12.7 shots while bosh is at 49% on 14.4 shots. give bynum two more shots a game and he gets to at least a 20 pt average. Rebounding isn't even a fair comparison. Bynum grabs more off and def rebounds. On D bynum has an obvious bigger impact. then there is the simple fact that a back to the basket 7 footer in todays league is simply a way bigger force then a jumpshooting and driving power forward. Bynum has cemented himself as the 2nd best center this season.

1987_Lakers
04-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Get your garbage out of here. Acting like this is what Bosh is capable of at his best is stupid. So quit doing it, unless you're really that dumb.

Get your garbage out of here. Acting like this is what Bynum is capable of at his best is stupid. So quit doing it, unless you're really that dumb.

sagr32
04-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Get your garbage out of here. Acting like this is what Bosh is capable of at his best is stupid. So quit doing it, unless you're really that dumb.At his best Bosh was shooting 51% on 17 shots for 24 points. That was on a decrepit Raptors team. he isn't going to get back to "his best" with Bron and Wade. Just like Drew isn't going to get the same looks he could if he wasn't on a team without Gasol and Kobe. Give Bynum 17 shots a game and his scoring goes up to at least 25.

magnax1
04-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Get your garbage out of here. Acting like this is what Bynum is capable of at his best is stupid. So quit doing it, unless you're really that dumb.
So Bynum could probably get another 2-3 shots off a game at a lower %? It's not the same thing as being able to score somewhere between 22-25 ppg on basically the same scoring efficiency as Bynum right now.

BlueandGold
04-05-2012, 07:49 PM
I agree, I find it absolutely ridiculous and honestly a bit asinine for people to not consider the circumstances behind all the numbers and fancy basketball metrics that are being thrown around today.

Let's take for example the statistical averages for both Kobe Bryant and Ramon Sessions for the season.

Kobe is shooting 43% from the field and 30% from three, numbers on the surface that appear to be mediocre at best, especially given the grading scale in which Bryant is scored on.

Sessions on the other hand is shooting approximately 48% from the field and an astounding 47% from beyond the arch. On the surface it seems obvious that Sessions is the better shooter out of the two except when you dissect even further and see that Sessions, in 41 games with the Cavs shot 39% from the field and in 12 games with the Lakers has been shooting 53% from the field. And going even further (by actually watching the games) you could see that the majority of sessions shots in LA have been open threes or a scarcely contested lay-up because of the paint and wing attention that Gasol and Bynum commands on the court.

Looking at the circumstances in which Kobe has to play under also reveals more about the meaning beyond the numbers in Kobe, at age 32, is one of the most double-teamed players on the court, especially in the 4th where Bryant likes to take the plurality of his shots. Then you also realize that the bulk of Bryant's shot selection come from outside of 18 feet and that Bryant is also pressured to take and make more outside shots in order to space the floor for his talented front-court duo.

So in a nutshell: numbers are deceiving, many things in life are circumstantial, including the game of basketball, and circumstances dictate the theater (big-stage moments) of basketball.

Droid101
04-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Bosh has two of the great perimeter players in the league to take the pressure off him. Why has his field goal percentage DROPPED due to this? This is completely backwards.

Blake Griffin's jumped after he got CP3 on his team. Etc etc.

Bosh just isn't that good this year.

1987_Lakers
04-05-2012, 07:54 PM
At his best Bosh was shooting 51% on 17 shots for 24 points. That was on a decrepit Raptors team. he isn't going to get back to "his best" with Bron and Wade. Just like Drew isn't going to get the same looks he could if he wasn't on a team without Gasol and Kobe. Give Bynum 17 shots a game and his scoring goes up to at least 25.

Thank you. Put current Bynum on that crappy Toronto team and he averages 23-25 PPG on 52-54% shooting. People use D-Wade & LeBron as an excuse as to why Bosh's points are lower, but you can make the same argument for Bynum playing with Kobe & Gasol.

magnax1
04-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Bosh has two of the great perimeter players in the league to take the pressure off him. Why has his field goal percentage DROPPED due to this? This is completely backwards.

Blake Griffin's jumped after he got CP3 on his team. Etc etc.

Bosh just isn't that good this year.
It's clear why. They use him as a pick and pop/spotup player. He's not a pick and pop scorer or spotup shooter though. It's like Asking why Bynums scoring would drop if the Lakers start using him as a pick and roll scorer and spotup shooter. He's a postup player, and Bosh is an Iso/Post player.If you take them out of their designated role, they're just not going to be as good.

magnax1
04-05-2012, 08:02 PM
I agree, I find it absolutely ridiculous and honestly a bit asinine for people to not consider the circumstances behind all the numbers and fancy basketball metrics that are being thrown around today.

Let's take for example the statistical averages for both Kobe Bryant and Ramon Sessions for the season.

Kobe is shooting 43% from the field and 30% from three, numbers on the surface that appear to be mediocre at best, especially given the grading scale in which Bryant is scored on.

Sessions on the other hand is shooting approximately 48% from the field and an astounding 47% from beyond the arch. On the surface it seems obvious that Sessions is the better shooter out of the two except when you dissect even further and see that Sessions, in 41 games with the Cavs shot 39% from the field and in 12 games with the Lakers has been shooting 53% from the field. And going even further (by actually watching the games) you could see that the majority of sessions shots in LA have been open threes or a scarcely contested lay-up because of the paint and wing attention that Gasol and Bynum commands on the court.

Looking at the circumstances in which Kobe has to play under also reveals more about the meaning beyond the numbers in Kobe, at age 32, is one of the most double-teamed players on the court, especially in the 4th where Bryant likes to take the plurality of his shots. Then you also realize that the bulk of Bryant's shot selection come from outside of 18 feet and that Bryant is also pressured to take and make more outside shots in order to space the floor for his talented front-court duo.

So in a nutshell: numbers are deceiving, many things in life are circumstantial, including the game of basketball, and circumstances dictate the theater (big-stage moments) of basketball.
Very true. And I'm not even saying Bynum is worse then Bosh. I'm just saying it's stupid to act like there is some sort of clear gap, and that his stats aren't really indicative of what kind of impact he could have on a good team.

LA_Showtime
04-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Bynum is the more complete player, but Bosh is a better scorer, has a better attitude, and quite frankly puts more effort into the defensive end. Bosh has to be the most underrated player on this board. He's very, very good.

blacknapalm
04-05-2012, 08:09 PM
It's clear why. They use him as a pick and pop/spotup player. He's not a pick and pop scorer or spotup shooter though. It's like Asking why Bynums scoring would drop if the Lakers start using him as a pick and roll scorer and spotup shooter. He's a postup player, and Bosh is an Iso/Post player.If you take them out of their designated role, they're just not going to be as good.

is that why nearly 25% of his offensive plays break down to post-up plays and he's shooting 38.5% in those situations? his FG% as a spot up shooter are actually better at 39.9%. the real question is why miami doesn't post him up on the left side more often where he's much more effective

bosh has more range and fluidly but bynum is the more efficient and dominant scorer. on the defensive end, bynum affects the game much more than bosh. bynum would have put up similar points on a higher FG% on that toronto team. more TO's but a much superior defensive anchor and effient player

BlueandGold
04-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Bynum is the more complete player, but Bosh is a better scorer, has a better attitude, and quite frankly puts more effort into the defensive end. Bosh has to be the most underrated player on this board. He's very, very good.
Yea, and what people also don't realize is that Bynum is putting up great numbers as more of a 2nd option than what Bosh is doing as a clear-cut 3rd. At worst Bynum is a 2a/2b type of option with Gasol on the other end of that link. Wade and Lebron shoot and have the ball in their hands a great deal more than Bosh does.

ZenMaster
04-05-2012, 08:14 PM

I'm sorry but your post makes no sense.

First you discredit Sessions ability to get easy buckets(a very important skill) by saying he get's them because of the space Bynum and Pau commands
Then you say Kobe takes hard contested long 2's because he has needs to space FOR Bynum and Pau, what does that even mean? He spaces what by shooting 1on1 2's(and even on a lot of those posessions the big men don't even touch the ball)??? I don't get it and I know why, because it makes no sense.

Fact is:

1) Sessions has great speed and knows when to use it = easy layups

2) Kobe can't get to the rim consistenly 1on1 anymore, and this year when he tries he 1) often commits a turnover 2) ball is knocked out/blocked and Lakers get an OUB.

3) Because of Kobe's inability to get to the rim he shoots more longer 2's which are often pull ups = Kobe is shooting a very low % this year = he should take a bit fewer shots and more of them should be set shots(which can now be created by Sessions.

And now don't mistake me for sayin he should never go 1on1 bla bla bla, he should go 1on1, he's good at it, but it's all about the timing and doing it within the context of a game. He's got such a great team around him now, he should use it.

Living Being
04-05-2012, 08:16 PM
I agree. He MIGHT be top 15 in 3 years. But that's ignoring Beasley Horford Wright Yi Oden Durant and anyone in the other drafts. I highly doubt he's going to be top 3. Were not even counting developing big man like Lee Dalembert Jefferson Gomes and howard Yao and Garnett will still be around. Seriously dude... top 3 in 5? NOOOOO way
Yao? :eek:

LA_Showtime
04-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Yea, and what people also don't realize is that Bynum is putting up great numbers as more of a 2nd option than what Bosh is doing as a clear-cut 3rd. At worst Bynum is a 2a/2b type of option with Gasol on the other end of that link. Wade and Lebron shoot and have the ball in their hands a great deal more than Bosh does.

Even in past years when Bynum was balling he would slowly become the Lakers' 2nd option. He was never as good as Gasol though. That has changed this season, as Bynum has taken another step in the right direction whereas Gasol has arguably lost a step. Bynum is now the Lakers' primary option in the post, and at times he's turned Gasol into a glorified jump shooter.

Bosh is a stud, and he'll show it in the playoffs this season, assuming Wade and LeBron let him. :oldlol: There's no reason he can't have a Gasol-like impact in the playoffs (and for you wise asses, I'm talking about the two-peat Gasol, not the broken, soft player we saw last year).

Smoke117
04-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Five years you say? ****** gonna be 30 years old by then so I hope so.

LoneyROY7
04-05-2012, 11:11 PM

The OP started this thread in 2007.

2012-2007 = 5.

The OP nailed it right on the head.

blacknapalm
04-05-2012, 11:16 PM

http://www.snipe.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/fail-lol.jpg

Smoke117
04-05-2012, 11:16 PM

The OP started this thread in 2007.

2012-2007 = 5.

The OP nailed it right on the head.

I can't be bothered with dates. Besides you one of the dumbest mother ****ers on this board loney so STFU.

thejumpa
04-05-2012, 11:18 PM

lol this guys an idiot

LoneyROY7
04-05-2012, 11:26 PM
I can't be bothered with dates. Besides you one of the dumbest mother ****ers on this board loney so STFU.

ROFL at this dumbass. You can't be bothered with dates because you're a moron.

TOUCH MY BODY
04-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Bynum too powerful.

Smoke117
04-05-2012, 11:31 PM
I can't be dates because the bourbon I drank didn't think to look at the date. I know you kids are too young to drink or you find some dirty crack addict to get you some 40s, but I drink real liquor.

blacknapalm
04-05-2012, 11:35 PM
I can't be dates because the bourbon I drank didn't think to look at the date. I know you kids are too young to drink or you find some dirty crack addict to get you some 40s, but I drink real liquor.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/508/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

RaininTwos
04-05-2012, 11:35 PM
:biggums:

LA_Showtime
04-05-2012, 11:44 PM
I can't believe no one else has called out the OP for making this prophetic declaration (and bragging about it) on his ALTERNATE ACCOUNT. :roll:

Smoke117
04-06-2012, 12:18 AM
:biggums:

:biggums: I'm with you, wtf was I saying? haha Either way, Knick fans, suck a dick...oh this is about Andrew Bynum...Knick fans, suck a dick.