PDA

View Full Version : Irving Goes To The Nets And They Got Worse?

FireDavidKahn
11-10-2019, 10:46 PM
How does that happen?

At least he was able to recruit KD

DoctorP
11-10-2019, 10:47 PM
Nets have a top 10 offense

FireDavidKahn
11-10-2019, 10:50 PM
Nets have a top 10 offense
They are 4-5. "Top 10" is a product of the rest of the league versus Irving elevating the team's offense in any spectacular way.

Last year ORTG: 109.6
This year ORTG: 110

DoctorP
11-10-2019, 10:54 PM
They are 4-5. "Top 10" is a product of the rest of the league versus Irving elevating the team's offense in any spectacular way.

Last year ORTG: 109.6
This year ORTG: 110

its a whole new team.

AirBonner
11-10-2019, 10:55 PM
its a whole new team.
For Kyrie.

FultzNationRISE
11-10-2019, 10:58 PM
its a whole new team.

Irving

DoctorP
11-10-2019, 11:03 PM
Nonsense!!
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/85/74/67/857467a758eea735cbd83f985b67ebc6.gif

Bronbron23
11-10-2019, 11:39 PM
Anyone who knows the game saw this coming. He had that early 50 point game and everyone overreacted. He's a weirdo and He's not a good leader. Nets don't have a chance in hell as long as Kyrie is there.

And1AllDay
11-10-2019, 11:42 PM
celtics too

celtics went to game 7 of ecf when he got hurt :oldlol:

then got wrekt in ecsf the year he played :oldlol:

BigShotBob
11-10-2019, 11:43 PM
They're on pace for the same/similar record. How in the world one could say this early on that they got "worse" is beyond asinine.

francesco totti
11-10-2019, 11:45 PM
doesnt help Celtics are looking ****ing good.

stalkerforlife
11-10-2019, 11:49 PM
42-40 last year.

No Carroll, Jefferson, Dudley, or Davis this year.

Early in the season.

If they finish with 43 wins, Kyrie owns all the Bransvestites.

Marchesk
11-11-2019, 01:22 AM
They're on pace for the same/similar record. How in the world one could say this early on that they got "worse" is beyond asinine.

Yeah, but presumably Kyrie Irving has more impact than Russell. As in one is a superstar who won a championship, and the other is a Laker's reject.

DoctorP
11-11-2019, 01:24 AM
All I know is Kyrie is the perfect closer for BranBall

BigShotBob
11-11-2019, 01:26 AM
Yeah, but presumably Kyrie Irving has more impact than Russell. As in one is a superstar who won a championship, and the other is a Laker's reject.

I actually think one of Kyrie's biggest flaws is that he doesn't shoot enough sometimes. He's a really good teammate that likes to let his other teammates get into a rhythm but that actually gets himself out of a rhythm conversely. So it's a double-edged sword.

Either way they'll figure it out. But Russell didn't have to deal with Taurean Prince trying to go one-on-one every other possession resulting in a turnover, or Moose dribbling it between his legs and then out of bounds.

Smoke117
11-11-2019, 03:20 AM
lol Obviously you didn't actually watch any Nets game. It's not like Russell was casrying them. He had a average to above average star offensive player impact. They won the games they did because the east was pathetic and they also had a lot of other players chipping in with notable positive impacts. Anyone who thinks Russell was carrying the Nets didn't actually ever watch the team or is a fukking retard. Which are you OP?

Kyrie Irving is a much much better individual talent than Russell...I won't ever disagree with that. He's also a guy who completely kills the overall impact a team can bring as whole as we've seen on the Celtics. Nobody can deny Irving is better than Walker, but you've have to be an absolute potato to what Kyrie on your team over Kemba for the simple reason Kemba is a great leader and team player that teammates actually want to play. Your individual impact doesn't go so far if you kill the enthusiasm of the rest of your. Kyrie is that guy.

Nashty
11-11-2019, 07:17 AM
Kyrie is only good at closing games. That is why he only won with LeBron, LeBron would dominate whole game in every aspect of the game, and then Kyrie would close, they were a perfect combo. If you give Kyrie a team to lead they are not going anywhere, we already saw that before he played with LeBron, and now we are seeing it after LeBron.

tanibanana
11-11-2019, 09:02 AM
celtics too

celtics went to game 7 of ecf when he got hurt :oldlol:

then got wrekt in ecsf the year he played :oldlol:

:cheers:

Bronbron23
11-11-2019, 09:35 AM
Kyrie is only good at closing games. That is why he only won with LeBron, LeBron would dominate whole game in every aspect of the game, and then Kyrie would close, they were a perfect combo. If you give Kyrie a team to lead they are not going anywhere, we already saw that before he played with LeBron, and now we are seeing it after LeBron.
This

CelticBaller
11-11-2019, 11:20 AM
well well well

ImKobe
11-11-2019, 11:40 AM
If only Irving had a healthy Hayward to start last season... We'll see how good Tatum and Brown really are now that they don't have Gordon for a few months.

nothinbutnet
11-11-2019, 12:43 PM
Coming from a Nets fan... I can't stand watching them anymore. Went to plenty of home games last season and the chemistry was fun to watch. The whole Kyrie signing was about one thing... Kevin Durant. I'm done watching them until he gets back on the court. And even then... it's all iso-ball.

Manny98
11-11-2019, 12:50 PM
We lost Carroll, Dudley,Rondae and Davis are 4 best defenders especially Ed Davis who should have made the all defensive team

Prince can shoot but he can't do much else. Jordan is just a big body he's useless at this point of his career why df did we pay him so much money

Kyrie is playing well and is not the reason we are losing, are issue is defense

Manny98
11-11-2019, 12:55 PM
Good thing we still have the baddest man on the planet to lead us when he gets back :bowdown:

https://media.giphy.com/media/1gdqYJAdcmyC4ecwFo/giphy.gif

Bronbron23
11-11-2019, 02:47 PM
Good thing we still have the baddest man on the planet to lead us when he gets back :bowdown:

https://media.giphy.com/media/1gdqYJAdcmyC4ecwFo/giphy.gif
A 31 year old coming off an Achilles injury. Good luck with that buddy

Manny98
11-11-2019, 03:16 PM
Wilkins played his best basketball after he tore his Achilles and so will KD

superduper
11-11-2019, 03:18 PM

It ain't what it used to be with the evolution of medicine and surgeries.

Bronbron23
11-11-2019, 03:49 PM
Wilkins played his best basketball after he tore his Achilles and so will KD
I don't know about his best but he was definitely one of the few athlete's to come back from an Achilles's without losing a step. This is rare though. Literally everyone else has came back a shell of themselves so using Dominique as a example isn't a good one.

Bronbron23
11-11-2019, 03:57 PM
It ain't what it used to be with the evolution of medicine and surgeries.
I don't know man. Everyone who's torn there Achilles's recently haven't come back the same. Ruddy gay and westly Mathews don't look to bad but there not what they were. He'll still be very good but he won't be same and he won't be good enough to win a chip with Kyrie and the nets. Even a slight drop off in the NBA can make a huge difference.

Real Men Wear Green
11-11-2019, 04:51 PM
If only Irving had a healthy Hayward to start last season... We'll see how good Tatum and Brown really are now that they don't have Gordon for a few months.They already made it to the Conference Finals.

Kiddlovesnets
11-11-2019, 04:52 PM
It

Bronbron23
11-11-2019, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=Kiddlovesnets]It

DoctorP
11-11-2019, 05:42 PM
need a bigger sample size

hold on lemme get a magazine...

Facepalm
11-11-2019, 06:08 PM
42-40 last year.

No Carroll, Jefferson, Dudley, or Davis this year.

Early in the season.

If they finish with 43 wins, Kyrie owns all the Bransvestites.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images

https://i.postimg.cc/0yG1ScSV/images-1.jpg

scuzzy
11-12-2019, 03:33 AM
They already made it to the Conference Finals.
ouch

ILLsmak
11-12-2019, 03:38 AM
lol Obviously you didn't actually watch any Nets game. It's not like Russell was casrying them. He had a average to above average star offensive player impact. They won the games they did because the east was pathetic and they also had a lot of other players chipping in with notable positive impacts. Anyone who thinks Russell was carrying the Nets didn't actually ever watch the team or is a fukking retard. Which are you OP?

Kyrie Irving is a much much better individual talent than Russell...I won't ever disagree with that. He's also a guy who completely kills the overall impact a team can bring as whole as we've seen on the Celtics. Nobody can deny Irving is better than Walker, but you've have to be an absolute potato to what Kyrie on your team over Kemba for the simple reason Kemba is a great leader and team player that teammates actually want to play. Your individual impact doesn't go so far if you kill the enthusiasm of the rest of your. Kyrie is that guy.

I dunno. Kyrie has it in him somewhere. I dunno where it went. It's like Deron Williams, on some wat happen level shit. He's still buckets but I mean he is genuinely someone who can carry/lead a team, but he's on some other shit. He is more passive aggressive than I thought. He won't shoot, then he'll force shots... he missed a lot of lay ups last year that he always makes. Dunno... but like dudes said, with KD, it's a wrap. They should win 50 gms with Kyrie tho and the roster they have. It's pretty decent. If they don't, then yea Kyrie underachieved... but we've kinda expected that.

Still don't agree w/ Kemba v Kyrie. Gimme Kyrie. Think about this: the Cs had Big Al who was like their franchise heart and they lost him, too, and yet they are better... so it's complicated.

-Smak

Smoke117
11-12-2019, 06:15 PM
I dunno. Kyrie has it in him somewhere. I dunno where it went. It's like Deron Williams, on some wat happen level shit. He's still buckets but I mean he is genuinely someone who can carry/lead a team, but he's on some other shit. He is more passive aggressive than I thought. He won't shoot, then he'll force shots... he missed a lot of lay ups last year that he always makes. Dunno... but like dudes said, with KD, it's a wrap. They should win 50 gms with Kyrie tho and the roster they have. It's pretty decent. If they don't, then yea Kyrie underachieved... but we've kinda expected that.

Still don't agree w/ Kemba v Kyrie. Gimme Kyrie. Think about this: the Cs had Big Al who was like their franchise heart and they lost him, too, and yet they are better... so it's complicated.

-Smak

Where what went? He's basically living off the laurels of ONE SERIES 3 years ago. Basically the whole season his impact was meh in that 2016 while LeBron carried the team. Even the rest of the playoffs he didn't do all that much. He's basically been put on this pedestal for one series because so many people hate LeBron and will take on any stance to bring him down.