PDA

View Full Version : Players that will never win a chip as there teams best player

Bronbron23
11-11-2019, 09:54 AM
D'Angelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
Anthony Davis
Kat
Westbrook
Chris Paul
Harden
Bradley Beal
Devin booker

Amazing I missing anyone? I was gonna put Luka on the list but I'm on the fence with him. I feel like he's already at his peak which is really good but it isn't quite good enough to win a chip. If I'm wrong and he continues to improve on the same trajectory as most great players his age he'll definitely win one.

Andrei89
11-11-2019, 10:15 AM
CP3 could have won as Rockets best player when they went up 3-2. Unfortunately CP3 got injured and without his leadership Harden choked g6 and 7 away

GreatHILL
11-11-2019, 10:39 AM
devin booker is suns best player.

superduper
11-11-2019, 10:48 AM
Another great thread title would've been:
"Players that will never win a chip without running away to multiple superteams in their primes".

Andrei89
11-11-2019, 10:56 AM
"Players that will never win a chip without running away to multiple superteams in their primes".

Meltdown babyboi:lol

Bronbron23
11-11-2019, 12:09 PM
CP3 could have won as Rockets best player when they went up 3-2. Unfortunately CP3 got injured and without his leadership Harden choked g6 and 7 away
I actually agree with that partially. Not sure they would of beat Cleveland if they had of one that series

red1
11-11-2019, 12:14 PM
yup.

harden choked his ass off again playing massively under his standards.

Manny98
11-11-2019, 12:19 PM
Siakam
EmChoke

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-11-2019, 12:20 PM
I agree that Paul and Houston likely win. Thing is, he wouldn't have been their best player. Like the OP states.

Here are some below...

Westbrook
Kyrie
Derozan
Paul George
Giannis

I'll get a lot of heat for adding Giannis. But I think he can be contained in the playoffs, and in half-court possessions. Which is what playoff ball is really.

red1
11-11-2019, 12:21 PM
Siakam
EmChoke
tied with kyrie bitch :roll: :roll:

https://cdn.betakit.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Raptors-championship-ring.jpeg

superduper
11-11-2019, 01:36 PM
The Brooklyn Wets

stalkerforlife
11-11-2019, 02:13 PM

Ether.

SouBeachTalents
11-11-2019, 02:30 PM
I think you're asking the wrong question. Look at the players to have won as their teams best player the last 40 years

Kareem
Bird
Magic
Moses
Isiah
Jordan
Hakeem
Duncan
Shaq
Wade
KG
Kobe
LeBron
Dirk
Curry
Durant
Kawhi

Those are all legitimately either top 10 players of all time, or with the very rare exception of Isiah and whoever you'd choose for Detroit in '04, a BITW caliber player. I think the better question is, which of the current players now do you actually think will lead their team to a championship. As of right now, I'd honestly only say

Giannis
AD
Luka

Embiid & Jokic I'm on the fence about, both are obviously still really young, but they definitely have some concerns that need to be met moving forward before I'd be confident in them joining the above list

Bronbron23
11-11-2019, 02:30 PM
how many chips would mj have won without pip and Phil? How many would magic of won without kareem?How many would anyone win without the teammates they had? Most greats were lucky enough to have owners and managers that put championship rosters around them. LeBron never had that in Cleveland so he took matters into his own hands. I admit the decision was wack but what's the difference between a player building a team and the owners building a team?

Uncle Drew
11-11-2019, 03:29 PM
Kobe.

SpaceJam2
11-11-2019, 03:39 PM

Pathetic melt down :lol

sammichoffate
11-11-2019, 06:57 PM
Luka Doncic peaking at age 20? Maybe if he tears his leg off, OP.

Bronbron23
11-11-2019, 07:52 PM
Luka Doncic peaking at age 20? Maybe if he tears his leg off, OP.
It's actually not even a diss. I like Luka alot. I can't remember someone coming into the league with the amount of skills that he has. He's extremely skilled for any age. He's so skilled that I really don't see alot of room for improvement. It's not like mj or Bron who came in super athletic whith alot of room for growth skill wise. When there skill caught up to there athleticism they became the best to ever do it. That's not gonna happen with Luka and it's not like he's gonna get more athletic. I can actually see him getting a bit heavier and slower over the next 7 or 8 years.

Could be wrong though and like I said I really like him so if I am I wouldn't be upset about it.