PDA

View Full Version : AD career high in 3pt attempts, career low in FG%, and fewest rebounds since 2013

STATUTORY
11-11-2019, 10:37 AM
BRAN BALL DOING WORK :roll: :roll: :roll:

AD3 getting that Kevin Love/Chris Bosh treatment

can't wait till Bransevestites start the "he was never that good" narrative

superduper
11-11-2019, 10:46 AM
Bran ball!! :eek: :eek:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-11-2019, 10:50 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/PZTp9N9LGYvbW/giphy.gif

Rudeboy3
11-11-2019, 10:52 AM
And people have the audacity to say AD is better than Giannis, he isn't closed to Giannis.

ImKobe
11-11-2019, 11:38 AM
And people have the audacity to say AD is better than Giannis, he isn't closed to Giannis.

AD is a better defender and shooter. Giannis is a slightly better playmaker and he has a small edge in the paint but that's not enough to say "AD isn't closed to Giannis". Giannis is a liability even at the FT line now while Davis shoots them as well as a guard.

34-24 Footwork
11-11-2019, 11:51 AM

Oh it's coming...

Soon, it'll be Zubac >>AD

Shogon
11-11-2019, 11:57 AM
Career high in winning percentage also, by an extremely wide margin.

Guess we will just ignore that though.

It’ll be much easier that way. So easy you won’t even feel a thing! Ahhh! Yummy.

Let me break this down for you... “stats are important. stats aren’t important. stats are important. stats aren’t important. stats are important. stats aren’t important. winning is important. winning isn’t important. winning is important. winning isn’t important. winning is important. winning isn’t important.”

Are you getting it yet? No, let me help you...

Basically you argue whatever you want to argue in any given moment. You are arguing for beliefs and shaping your arguments around said beliefs. You’re not basing your arguments on any rational or coherent and consistent train of thought.

What I’m really saying is... you’re really, really stupid. I’m sorry.

ShawkFactory
11-11-2019, 11:57 AM
If he and the Lakers kept this up it would be the best year of his career

Phenith
11-11-2019, 12:09 PM
Is this really news... this was pretty much a general consensus... but we can ignore it for now because the sample size is so small and LBJ is going to need someone else to step up this year, he's looking really old.

After watching a couple of LAL games this year, they have a huge need for ball handling... AD can't create and LeBrons head down drives to the basket are leading to more passes than ever before. As bad as Rondo is nowadays, at least he's a legit ball handler.

FireDavidKahn
11-11-2019, 12:21 PM
Career high in winning %

I thought people blasted LBJ for caring about stats but now they care about the stats of other people? You can't have it both ways.

LeBron is saving the Lakers:bowdown:

FireDavidKahn
11-11-2019, 12:24 PM
AD is a better defender and shooter. Giannis is a slightly better playmaker and he has a small edge in the paint but that's not enough to say "AD isn't closed to Giannis". Giannis is a liability even at the FT line now while Davis shoots them as well as a guard.
Giannis is just a "slightly better play maker"?:oldlol:

Devin Booker is also only a "slightly" better scorer then Zach Lavine:coleman:

Rudeboy3
11-11-2019, 12:45 PM
AD better defender? Lmao **** no, AD better shooter? That's why Giannis is currently shooting better than AD from 3 and most locations on the court?

And lol at just a "slightly better playmaker" AD has never even come close to a 20% assist rate, while Giannis has been assisting his teams at an at least a 24% since his third season and just this season alone he's a 40%. Foh, Giannis shits on AD on every stat and advanced stats. AD is a big that can catch lobs, over-glorified Javale Mcagee that can make his fts :roll: :roll:

superduper
11-11-2019, 12:50 PM
Hey everyone Giannis is a BONDAFIDE shooter and don't you DARE say otherwise :mad: :mad:

bullettooth
11-11-2019, 01:32 PM

Watch Fanny69 make up another excuse like last season:

I don't know why everyone is overreacting LeBron is still going to make the playoffs Spurs and Clippers are trash and LeBron will go into GOAT mode down the stretch

Source: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13613445&postcount=19

We're already looking to next season this was supposed to be a throwaway season from the start anyway

Source: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13623841&postcount=5

Rudeboy3
11-11-2019, 03:12 PM
Hey everyone Giannis is a BONDAFIDE shooter and don't you DARE say otherwise :mad: :mad:
Compared to that bum AD, he's larry bird

RealSkipBayless
11-11-2019, 03:18 PM
AD career high in win%

Bran Ball

:eek: :eek:

Real Men Wear Green
11-11-2019, 03:19 PM
Compared to that bum AD, he's larry bird
When you call a player like Davis a bum you don't actually convince anyone that he's a bad player, you just prove that you yourself don't have a valid opinion. This post is somehow dumber than the OP's, who I had originally clicked on this thread to pile on.

ImKobe
11-11-2019, 03:20 PM
Giannis is just a "slightly better play maker"?:oldlol:

Devin Booker is also only a "slightly" better scorer then Zach Lavine:coleman:

I don't think they're that far off. Giannis isn't an elite passer by any standards, it's just the system and how he's able to kick it out to an open shooter with how much the defenses are focusing on him, Davis does that shit too but he's never had elite shooters around him.

AD last year prior to trade request: 29.3/13.3/4.4/1.7/2.6 with only 2.0 turnovers per game. Giannis last year put up 5.9 assists per game to 3.7 turnovers.

We ain't going to pretend like Giannis is Magic Johnson or Lebron James when it comes to passing :lol .

Uncle Drew
11-11-2019, 03:25 PM
This thread is gold. Y’all are so desperate.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-11-2019, 04:34 PM
crazy what happens when you have no offball game and have a constraining passing game predicated mostly on drive and kick

Davis is an extremely flexible big. He can do anything offensively and should fit with anyone........yet he hasnt with Bran

meanwhile Pau in 08 in Memphis 19/9/3 on 50% FG / 56 TS

with LA: 19/8/4 59% FG / 64 TS:biggums:

And Pau couldnt shit 3s and had an exclusive postup game and yet Kobe completely maxed his abilities. Bran would never work with a post man who cant shoot past 20ft. He never had that kind of spacing or close to it. Just imagine:oldlol: :oldlol:

34-24 Footwork
11-11-2019, 04:40 PM
crazy what happens when you have no offball game and have a constraining passing game predicated mostly on drive and kick

Davis is an extremely flexible big. He can do anything offensively and should fit with anyone........yet he hasnt with Bran

And Pau couldnt shit 3s and had an exclusive postup game and yet Kobe completely maxed his abilities. Bran would never work with a post man who cant shoot past 20ft. He never had that kind of spacing or close to it. Just imagine:oldlol: :oldlol:

Exactly. We saw what happens when LeBron is actually pressured on the perimeter by a decent defender. That drive n kick isn't effective if defenders are helping off shooters.

What's sad is that LeBron is allowed to travel on every possession too. So he's given a handicap as a ballhandler that no other true point guard gets. It's gonna get ugly as they play teams that know how to expose him.

Even when he's playing a traditional SF position, he rarely takes open jumpers which fvcks up the entire offense.

yeaaaman
11-11-2019, 04:41 PM

I'm taking Giannis over AD and it isn't close for me. Giannis can really guard all positions, AD definitely can't. The stuff I've seen Giannis do, at 24 and his game has a ton of room to grow. Scary. AD is a good player but always thought he was overhyped including his impact, plus I don't think he'll ever be as durable as Giannis. That's not saying they can't be contenders with AD, I'm just taking Giannis hands down.

Real Men Wear Green
11-11-2019, 04:41 PM

And Pau couldnt shit 3s and had an exclusive postup game and yet Kobe completely maxed his abilities. Bran would never work with a post man who cant shoot past 20ft. He never had that kind of spacing or close to it. Just imagine:oldlol: :oldlol:Crazy that you and OP see Davis on a Contender for the first time in his career and act like things are bad because he's shooting threes. Has he ever made it to the second round before? I think he's made the postseason once his whole career. But oh no, his TS% is dropping. How many NBA players would rather lead the league in TS than win finals MVP?

34-24 Footwork
11-11-2019, 04:42 PM
Last night we literally saw AD and Dwight on the perimeter while LeBron stumbled to the rim for high % buckets.

This is not a recipe for long term success with AD and Dwight on your team.

FireDavidKahn
11-11-2019, 04:43 PM

He worked with Joel Anthony just fine:confusedshrug:
He's worked with Tristan Thompson just fine.:confusedshrug:

yeaaaman
11-11-2019, 04:44 PM
I don't think they're that far off. Giannis isn't an elite passer by any standards, it's just the system and how he's able to kick it out to an open shooter with how much the defenses are focusing on him, Davis does that shit too but he's never had elite shooters around him.

AD last year prior to trade request: 29.3/13.3/4.4/1.7/2.6 with only 2.0 turnovers per game. Giannis last year put up 5.9 assists per game to 3.7 turnovers.

We ain't going to pretend like Giannis is Magic Johnson or Lebron James when it comes to passing :lol .

Giannis started at PG for the first time ever under Kidd and his brutal ass coaching and had multiple trible doubles in a short stretch and he didn't even know what he was doing. Giannis is a much better ball handler and passer otherwise they would feature AD in a system like that, but guess what they can't which is why they don't.

AD is a guy to me who gets a lot of stats but doesn't have the impact to match, again just my opinion but I don't see it. Giannis is truly dominant and can only be really slowed by the likes of a Kawhi led defense that has length and defenders all around, oh yea, and when George Hill is playing like his second best player.

34-24 Footwork
11-11-2019, 04:45 PM
Even the Lakers announcers are catching on though. They were talking about how his triple double will be empty if the Lakers lose. Lol.

Less and less people are fooled by this shit.

Real Men Wear Green
11-11-2019, 04:46 PM
Last night we literally saw AD and Dwight on the perimeter while LeBron stumbled to the rim for high % buckets.

This is not a recipe for long term success with AD and Dwight on your team.Other than the Clippers who do you think is a good bet to beat the Lakers in a series?

34-24 Footwork
11-11-2019, 04:51 PM
Other than the Clippers who do you think is a good bet to beat the Lakers in a series?

Lol. This was the same bullshit last year.

"No one can beat LeBron James and the Lakers except the Warriors".

Any team from 1-8 can beat the Lakers in a series out West.

As long as AD is forced to play a role of Bosh or Love, the Lakers will always be beatable.

LeBron is missing blockouts, nor hustling for rebounds- just waiting at the rim to snatch up the easy ones.

Saw Dwight barkin at him yesterday. This won't end well.

RRR3
11-11-2019, 05:08 PM
AD has a higher usage rate than he did last year. Bron ball doe

Real Men Wear Green
11-11-2019, 05:13 PM
Lol. This was the same bullshit last year.

"No one can beat LeBron James and the Lakers except the Warriors". That atatement is the bullshit. Lakers were expected by many to make the playoffs but almost no one thought they were as good as Houston.

Any team from 1-8 can beat the Lakers in a series out West.

As long as AD is forced to play a role of Bosh or Love, the Lakers will always be beatable. Ignoring the fact that Bosh and Love have rings, AD is doind 26 and 10.

Uncle Drew
11-11-2019, 05:27 PM
AD has a higher usage rate than he did last year. Bron ball doe
His 3PA per game have also gone up each year for the last five years. It's almost as if the league is taking more 3's altogether. Wow!

RRR3
11-11-2019, 05:28 PM
His 3PA per game have also gone up each year for the last five years. It's almost as if the league is taking more 3's altogether. Wow!
Yep and he’s only taking a whopping .2 more 3s per 100 possessions. AD has had a few bad shooting nights and it’s early, and even so he’s still at 58.1 TS%, and that’ll go up. LeBron hasn’t hurt his game at all, this thread is complete bullshit. Anyone saying AD is being reduced is a desperate LeBron hater.

FireDavidKahn
11-11-2019, 05:55 PM
Bet OP has no idea that AD currently has his second highest usage rate ever:roll:

RRR3
11-11-2019, 06:07 PM
Bet OP has no idea that AD currently has his second highest usage rate ever:roll:
Kobetards are the dumbest type of basketball fan. They have no idea what they’re talking about on any basketball related subject.

STATUTORY
11-11-2019, 06:32 PM
Even the Lakers announcers are catching on though. They were talking about how his triple double will be empty if the Lakers lose. Lol.

Less and less people are fooled by this shit.

LA has a very astute basketball knowledgeable fanbase, the same shit that fooled people in Cleveland isnt gonna fly here.

Smoke117
11-11-2019, 07:50 PM
He took 14.1% of his shots from 3pt range last season and is taking 14.4% this season. :facepalm None of his shots are really all that different than last season by percentage of where they are taken. He's just shooting a lot worse in the 3-16 foot range right now than he did last season. Basically a pointless thread by a LeBron hating loser.

tpols
11-11-2019, 07:56 PM
to be fair theyre all by very small margins of increase...

but yea what did you expect.

ImKobe
11-11-2019, 08:08 PM
Giannis started at PG for the first time ever under Kidd and his brutal ass coaching and had multiple trible doubles in a short stretch and he didn't even know what he was doing. Giannis is a much better ball handler and passer otherwise they would feature AD in a system like that, but guess what they can't which is why they don't.

AD is a guy to me who gets a lot of stats but doesn't have the impact to match, again just my opinion but I don't see it. Giannis is truly dominant and can only be really slowed by the likes of a Kawhi led defense that has length and defenders all around, oh yea, and when George Hill is playing like his second best player.

AD had either Rondo and/or Jrue and not enough shooting around him in NO to really do that and he's playing with LeBron this season, so it would make no sense for them to feature him in that role. Not enough shooting and better ball-handlers around him. Giannis has Eric Bledsoe but he also has great shooters like Brook Lopez, Khris Middleton, Kyle Korver, George Hill etc so it makes sense that he would get a lot of assists, I don't think Giannis is in a different tier as far as passing ability goes.

AD's impact is there, he's just played for a sorry ass FO and coaching staff up until this season, just like Giannis did before last year.

yeaaaman
11-11-2019, 08:29 PM
AD had either Rondo and/or Jrue and not enough shooting around him in NO to really do that and he's playing with LeBron this season, so it would make no sense for them to feature him in that role. Not enough shooting and better ball-handlers around him. Giannis has Eric Bledsoe but he also has great shooters like Brook Lopez, Khris Middleton, Kyle Korver, George Hill etc so it makes sense that he would get a lot of assists, I don't think Giannis is in a different tier as far as passing ability goes.

AD's impact is there, he's just played for a sorry ass FO and coaching staff up until this season, just like Giannis did before last year.

I hear you but I just don't agree, AD catching a rebound and going end to end vs. Giannis doing the same thing is a whole different story. That right there is also what opens up his passing, because he comes so fast with such force at that size and he's so dominant going to he rim in a way that AD has never shown in his career and yea, you'll suck the whole defene in and open up your own passing lanes. When have you seen a 7 footer euro stepping pg's from the 3pt line on a way to a dunk? I don't see AD doing that not because of necessaity alone but out of skill speed strength and agility. He doesn't move in the open court like Giannis and again, just my opinion but I don't think it's close to an observer. Doesn't mean he isn't a great player I just don't see him being as impactful, and that's just the passing side of the ball. His defensive versatility is insane but thats a different story.

STATUTORY
11-26-2019, 07:00 AM
nearly a quarter of the way into the season and no sign of correction

Bran has successfully turned AD into Channing Frye.

No surprises tho, Lebron retired Shaq and marginalized Bosh/Love. He's a literal cancer for a big man on his team

SpaceJam
11-26-2019, 07:05 AM
15-2 with unibrow Channing Frye as his 2nd option. GOAT

BigTicket
11-26-2019, 07:51 AM

Remind me, which year did Frye average 25/9 while playing DPOY level defense ?

juju151111
11-26-2019, 08:05 AM
nearly a quarter of the way into the season and no sign of correction

No surprises tho, Lebron retired Shaq and marginalized Bosh/Love. He's a literal cancer for a big man on his team
Isn't AD averaging 25 ppg and isn't doesn't he have a high usage %.

juju151111
11-26-2019, 08:06 AM
15-2 with unibrow Channing Frye as his 2nd option. GOAT
CF averged 25 ppg and looks like Dpoty?

Andrei89
11-26-2019, 08:08 AM
CF averged 25 ppg and looks like Dpoty?

He is quoting some Kobe tard that made a thread saying LBJ turned Davis into Channing Frye :lol

SpaceJam
11-26-2019, 06:50 PM
This the wild Wild West y