PDA

View Full Version : Trump should buy the Knicks

90sgoat
11-11-2019, 07:39 PM
I've been thinking about this for a while.

Knicks are such a mess.

They could really use the business smarts of the Don.

Why not be president and own a ballclub? Silvio Berlusconi did it with Milan.

It would also allow Trump to get back on the city of New York which is an awful city, maybe the worst in the world, 100% unamerican city.

He could rename the team to New York Trumpeteers.

RRR3
11-11-2019, 07:42 PM
He couldn

Real Men Wear Green
11-11-2019, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]He couldn

SomeBlackDude
11-11-2019, 08:50 PM
It would also allow Trump to get back on the city of New York which is an awful city, maybe the worst in the world, 100% unamerican city.

:no:

his time in the empire state is done. finished.

we chased him out. booed the shit outta him at msg as a final farewell & f*ck you.

he's officially a florida man now.

only time he's coming back to the big apple is to answer for his grand jury indictments.

imdaman99
11-11-2019, 10:28 PM
Please. Dolan is bad but at least he ain't going bankrupt.

Knicks deserve a win eventually. NYers have suffered long enough.

Real Men Wear Green
11-11-2019, 11:09 PM
Please. Dolan is bad but at least he ain't going bankrupt.

Knicks deserve a win eventually. NYers have suffered long enough.
Saw on ESPN that they are planning their exit strategy for firing Fizdale. I love the fact that they have to have an exit strategy. I love the fact that we hear about it. I love the fact that they think they should be so much better than they are when they turned their cap space into nothing with one of the deepest FA classes we've ever seen. How do you eternally fail to build a great team in a city like New York?

Good stuff.

stalkerforlife
11-11-2019, 11:13 PM
Trump should buy the entire NBA.

imdaman99
11-11-2019, 11:21 PM
Saw on ESPN that they are planning their exit strategy for firing Fizdale. I love the fact that they have to have an exit strategy. I love the fact that we hear about it. I love the fact that they think they should be so much better than they are when they turned their cap space into nothing with one of the deepest FA classes we've ever seen. How do you eternally fail to build a great team in a city like New York?

Good stuff.
Bad ownership, bad hires, there is no accountability. Dolan wanted to bring Isiah Thomas back :biggums:
There really is no hope, I'm not even impressed with the rookie RJ Barrett.

bigkingsfan
11-11-2019, 11:22 PM
Other owners wouldn't vouch for him.

ILLsmak
11-12-2019, 03:34 AM
It'd never happen, but it'd be cool, just cuz... they kinda need a big personality owner, I think. However, dudes are right he couldn't afford. Pretty much everyone should know by now that dude isn't as rich as he says he is.

Even if he was, he'd have to liquidate a lot to put in a solid offer. I think, like I said, having someone like him would help sell tickets though. Even tho everyone in NY hates him.

Trump turns anything into a gold making circus at this point in his life.

-Smak

Bawkish
11-12-2019, 03:36 AM
i agree

Make Knicks Great Again!!!

DoctorP
11-12-2019, 04:05 AM
like most old new yorkers he is now a Floridian.

Maybe buy the Dolphins?

chains5000
11-12-2019, 06:40 AM
:roll:

Trollsmasher
11-12-2019, 07:56 AM
can't afford it at this point

the only president in history to lose networth while in office:applause: :applause:

scuzzy
11-12-2019, 08:13 AM
totally, get Omarosa and Ivanka to run the operation

like Jeanie Buss

Patrick Chewing
11-12-2019, 10:42 AM
The problem is Dolan will never sell. He loves the control.

The Knicks are the highest valued NBA team right now. Someone would have to seriously overpay to pry that organization away from Dolan. I would assume that whoever buys the Knicks is also buying the Rangers and MSG.

Jasper
11-12-2019, 11:00 AM
He'd put all the kids in Madison S. Garden into cages !!!!!!!!!

Kiddlovesnets
11-12-2019, 12:56 PM
Why would James Dolan sell it though? It

DoctorP
11-12-2019, 01:03 PM
If China bought the Knicks they would reeducate all of the Islamic employees.

Terahite
11-14-2019, 08:54 AM
can't afford it at this point

the only president in history to lose networth while in office:applause: :applause:

Better than enriching yourself on the public dime. More politicians should lose money while in office.

Detroit
11-14-2019, 09:03 AM
Other owners wouldn't vouch for him.

I feel like the governors won't have a problem with it, but their decision will be influenced by high school politicians of the league such as 3/9.

EDIT: Did you refer to them as owners?!! Correct yourself before I get Adam Silver involved!

90sgoat
11-14-2019, 09:15 PM
Trump could have his good pals Rodman and Kim Il Jong sit courtside:lol