PDA

View Full Version : Porzingus (the unicorn) is forced to be a spot up shooter in the Luka System

Mask the Embiid
11-11-2019, 09:41 PM
Makes me so angry to watch a one of a kind player forced to play "Luka Ball".I dont see a lot of free agents joining this team anytime soon.

1 Point at the half :biggums: .Damn shame....Ya hate to see it

90sgoat
11-11-2019, 09:42 PM
Porzingis has been a spot up shooter anywhere, cause he hasn't gone on the Bran/Giannis juice yet, so he is too skinny.

stalkerforlife
11-11-2019, 09:45 PM
Porzingis posts up all the time and creates his own shots.

Nashty
11-11-2019, 09:47 PM
Porzingis was always a spot up shooter, shooting is the only thing he's good at, and maybe shot blocking, but he is not elite defender tho. He's too soft to play in the post, can't rebound, not much of a passer, I mean the guy is 7'3 and shoots like a shooting guard, but I never got why is he so hyped up.

tontoz
11-11-2019, 10:03 PM
It must be Luka's fault he is 1-9.

:facepalm

MoBe1Kanobi
11-12-2019, 03:47 AM
Ive always said for a few years now

This stat padding no defense all flop ball pounding is a product of that Euro ball influence that these Euros are bringing into our game

We need to go back to that old school hard nosed AAU ball where brotherhood and sacrificing efficiency for the sake of the team was the staples of the game

Maybe these young Euro players need to get schooled in the American inner cities on how to play basketball the right way from an early age, instead they grow up only concerned about making behind the back passes and euro step travels like Ginobili, Rudy Fernandez, Bogdanovic, etc.

Look at guys like Iverson, LeBron, McGrady, Melo, KD... All grew up in inner city projects and all never had any issues getting along with their peers on a league wide level whereas these Euro stars tend to distance themselves and usually fail to attract other talent to play with because of their diva attitudes and me first playing styles

LAmbruh
11-12-2019, 03:53 AM
No impact Euro ball destroying the NBA's rich influential game

Euroleauge MVP's have never made a dent in the pros

Keep that cookie cutter feather soft style out of my league

DMAVS41
11-12-2019, 12:57 PM
Certainly not much of this could be put on Luka, but this is a problem for the Mavs.

DoctorP
11-12-2019, 01:01 PM
Yes, this may not be an optimal fit.

3ball
11-12-2019, 01:09 PM
Makes me so angry to watch a one of a kind player forced to play "Luka Ball".I dont see a lot of free agents joining this team anytime soon.

1 Point at the half :biggums: .Damn shame....Ya hate to see it
Does Luka start at PG, or is he still starting at a wing position, and then becoming a 2nd PG on the floor like he was alongside Dennis Smith?

When he was a 2nd PG, it was classic Lebron-ball, and resulted in a low-assist team like all 2-PG lineups:

As wings that play PG, guys like Lebron, Luka, and Harden give their teams a 2nd player on the floor with a PG time of possession (hold-time).. They essentially create a 2-PG lineup, which gives teammates less hold-time and assists then they get in traditional 1-PG lineups.. Lower teammate assists result in low TEAM assists and a low ball-movement brand that struggles on the championship level, aka 3/9 with team-hopping, 0-fer without..

Indeed, Lebron/Luka-ball (2 PG lineups) is inherently suboptimal.. And even 1-PG lineups don't win, where the PG dominates the team's distribution of offensive win share (cp3-ball, nash-ball, westbrook-ball, wall-ball, etc)

superduper
11-12-2019, 01:10 PM
Luka admitted he stans Bran right?....

DoctorP
11-12-2019, 01:11 PM
Luka admitted he stans Bran right?....

:wtf:

MODS

https://media3.giphy.com/media/115vdXa4HvIZMY/giphy.gif

FultzNationRISE
11-12-2019, 01:15 PM
These guys are only 24 and 20 years old, and just started playing together.

Expectations of perfect chemistry and immediate, significant success (Justin) were clearly wishful thinking.

If you know basketball, you could see there's clearly a learning curve and some gaps still to fill on the roster. Even Dirk needed a Tyson Chandler to get over the hump.

Nobody ever wants to have patience in sports but sometimes that's the main thing missing in a plan. Let these boys get knocked around a bit and gain some experience. If you're staking your entire self esteem on Luka Doncic's basketball results every night (Justin), maybe unplug for a bit and catch a breath of fresh air outside.

But I agree it's funny when people criticize Lebron's game and then slob Luka, completely blind to the fact his style is a carbon copy of Bron but with more physical limitation (Justin).

PeroAntic
11-12-2019, 01:27 PM
As wings that play PG, guys like Lebron, Luka, and Harden give their teams a 2nd player on the floor with a PG time of possession (hold-time).. They essentially create a 2-PG lineup, which gives teammates less hold-time and assists then they get in traditional 1-PG lineups.. Lower teammate assists result in low TEAM assists and a low ball-movement brand that struggles on the championship level, aka 3/9 with team-hopping, 0-fer without..

Thats why Melo didnt shoot well in Westbrook ball tbh.

DoctorP
11-12-2019, 01:28 PM
These guys are only 24 and 20 years old, and just started playing together.

Expectations of perfect chemistry and immediate, significant success (Justin) were clearly wishful thinking.

If you know basketball, you could see there's clearly a learning curve and some gaps still to fill on the roster. Even Dirk needed a Tyson Chandler to get over the hump.

Nobody ever wants to have patience in sports but sometimes that's the main thing missing in a plan. Let these boys get knocked around a bit and gain some experience. If you're staking your entire self esteem on Luka Doncic's basketball results every night (Justin), maybe unplug for a bit and catch a breath of fresh air outside.

But I agree it's funny when people criticize Lebron's game and then slob Luka, completely blind to the fact his style is a carbon copy of Bron but with more physical limitation (Justin).

sensible.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/3o7bu6y3XJhZBQAlTq/giphy.gif

ralph_i_el
11-12-2019, 01:46 PM
Does Luka start at PG, or is he still starting at a wing position, and then becoming a 2nd PG on the floor like he was alongside Dennis Smith?

When he was a 2nd PG, it was classic Lebron-ball, and resulted in a low-assist team like all 2-PG lineups:

Indeed, Lebron/Luka-ball (2 PG lineups) is inherently suboptimal.. And even 1-PG lineups don't win, where the PG dominates the team's distribution of offensive win share (cp3-ball, nash-ball, westbrook-ball, wall-ball, etc)

He's starting at pg with Curry at the 2.

RRR3
11-12-2019, 02:22 PM
Thats why Melo didnt shoot well in Westbrook ball tbh.
No that was just because he was trash.

bizil
11-12-2019, 05:00 PM
Just gotta give it time to work. They just linked up this year. And keep in mind Porzingis is coming off an injury. And while he can shoot good for a player his size, he's not a pure shooter 7 footer type like Dirk. Dirk is the gold standard stretch PF BECAUSE he LEGIT was a 50-40-90 shooter who was also an alpha dog. Porzingis for me is a different type of player. Much more athletic and a better defender. In terms of his athletic ability and skill at that size, I seem some Ralph Sampson in him. BUT Ralph played bigger down low and was a 20-10 guy till he got hurt. So it's Crazy upside with him and Luka!

dirkdiggler41
11-12-2019, 05:06 PM
He has been playing ok. The last game against Boston you could see the speed of the game was too fast for him. The defense was great at the start of the game and everybody was one gear higher than him. He will improve as the season goes along and will be 100% ready when next season starts. That is normal for injuries like he had. Just look at Hayward, and read what Paul George says about it. It takes about a year after you start playing to fully recover.

bizil
11-12-2019, 05:17 PM
He has been playing ok. The last game against Boston you could see the speed of the game was too fast for him. The defense was great at the start of the game and everybody was one gear higher than him. He will improve as the season goes along and will be 100% ready when next season starts. That is normal for injuries like he had. Just look at Hayward, and read what Paul George says about it. It takes about a year after you start playing to fully recover.

Well said! Plus KP DOESN'T have to be the best player on the Mavs going forward. Because u have a legit superstar type in Luka at ONLY 20 years old! The Mavs are setting themselves up to be a legit destination for free agents moving forward. Luka's style of play is gonna be a draw. And if a superstar or perennial All Stars comes in there, KP could be the 3rd best player on that team! If the right guy comes in, that's a SCARY Big 3!

kentatm
11-12-2019, 05:45 PM
Mask the Embiid

Why do you insist on flat out making shit up to bash Doncic? This obsession of yours has become rather pathetic.

Wally450
11-12-2019, 05:52 PM
Why do you insist on flat out making shit up to bash Doncic? This obsession of yours has become rather pathetic.

He's openly racist.