per Bleacher Report

Steve Mills plans to fire Fizzy

:cry:

Marchesk
11-12-2019, 12:09 AM
Are the Knicks still in the league?

Real Men Wear Green
11-12-2019, 12:13 AM
Why is this leaking? And why don't they just do it already if it's true? Knicks.

brooks_thompson
11-12-2019, 12:26 AM
Duh, especially after that press conference. Fiz is a big phony anyway. I thought maybe he'd learn and grow from his Memphis stint, but he's as clueless as ever. Just not even close to head coach material, to the point where he's embarrassing both himself and any organization that puts faith in him.

I'd say at this point he's probably not getting another HC chance, so just wild out for the next games and really force em to fire you. 5 pf lineup incoming!

At least he can go home to his instagram model 'hot' wife.

bobopenguin
11-12-2019, 12:31 AM
trading porzingis for bunch of trashes alone should get him fired & arrested.

Real Men Wear Green
11-12-2019, 12:32 AM
Duh, especially after that press conference. Fiz is a big phony anyway. I thought maybe he'd learn and grow from his Memphis stint, but he's as clueless as ever. Just not even close to head coach material.

I'd say at this point he's probably not getting another HC chance, so just wild out for the next games and really force em to fire you. 5 pf lineup incoming!So let's say he's awful and deserves to get fired. Do you have faith that the same people that picked this awful coach will now do a good job?

Also: If you are an established coach, would you want this job after the speed with which Fizdale is getting fired? They can, of course, get a coach, and a young ambitious coach could be a good coach, whoever the hot prospect from the NCAA is this year. But would a coach that can pick between NY and NO choose the Knicks? If you can choose between the Kings and the Knicks, do you choose the Knicks? I wouldn't. Minimal talent on the roster and even less loyalty from the front office.

Real Men Wear Green
11-12-2019, 12:34 AM
I do wonder who the Knicks have to show for that deal. They didn't have to do it. Who trades a superstar potential big that can only enter into restricted free agency?

Marchesk
11-12-2019, 12:36 AM
I do wonder who the Knicks have to show for that deal. They didn't have to do it. Who trades a superstar potential big that can only enter into restricted free agency?

Weren't they banking on Durant and Kyrie signing and drafting Zion?

brooks_thompson
11-12-2019, 12:43 AM
So let's say he's awful and deserves to get fired. Do you have faith that the same people that picked this awful coach will now do a good job?

Also: If you are an established coach, would you want this job after the speed with which Fizdale is getting fired? They can, of course, get a coach, and a young ambitious coach could be a good coach, whoever the hot prospect from the NCAA is this year. But would a coach that can pick between NY and NO choose the Knicks? If you can choose between the Kings and the Knicks, do you choose the Knicks? I wouldn't. Minimal talent on the roster and even less loyalty from the front office.

1) No, I have no faith in that front office. But I'm a Grizz fan and can tell you first hand (well, close to first hand) that Fizdale isn't worth any more longshot hope. There's zero point in giving him any more time. I tried to hold out on bashing him for the first year he was with NY just out of respect that a person can learn and grow, but he's still the same spaz.

2) I think there are a number of top assistants that will always take any head coach opening no matter the circumstances. Someone will believe (rightly or wrongly) that this is their big chance to make a name for themselves. And I believe out of that pool of top assistants, there's a huge percent chance you'll get someone better than David Fizdale. The dude rode being 'tight' with Lebron James and Dwyane Wade (aka he was around and those dudes saw his wife and figured he had it going on) into TWO head coach opportunities.

DMAVS41
11-12-2019, 12:43 AM

The trade wasn't as bad as it is made out to be.

I love KP and glad the Mavs got him, but he is so far from a sure thing.

Knicks dumped bad salary, got a young player, an unprotected first, and a top 10 protected first.

I mean...it isn't terrible for a player with KP's injury history.

brooks_thompson
11-12-2019, 12:52 AM
The trade wasn't as bad as it is made out to be.

I love KP and glad the Mavs got him, but he is so far from a sure thing.

Knicks dumped bad salary, got a young player, an unprotected first, and a top 10 protected first.

I mean...it isn't terrible for a player with KP's injury history.

Despite the fact that Fizdale isn't responsible for any of this...I agree with you on the KP move. Guy wanted out, so it's not bad at all. DSj just turned out to be a crappy prospect. NY management still sucks, but moving on from Porzingis like they did doesn't strike me as an egregious decision.

And1AllDay
11-12-2019, 12:57 AM

:eek: :eek:

Smoke117
11-12-2019, 01:00 AM
When the Knicks manage to win 40+ games what they do will become news. Until then...:roll: :roll:

FreezingTsmoove
11-12-2019, 01:02 AM
Wish we could Fire Dolan instead

FultzNationRISE
11-12-2019, 01:04 AM
So let's say he's awful and deserves to get fired. Do you have faith that the same people that picked this awful coach will now do a good job?

Yes, of course.

If you're an established coach with a track record, you've basically got a free hand. Nobody will blame you for failing with the Knicks, it's a write off.

If you do manage to succeed, you're a hero in an iconic basketball environment and the Knicks will dish out massive $$$ to keep you.

Knicks job should be a no brainer for anyone, except of course if you're Kerr and have a chance to walk into a dynasty situation instead.

Celtics 1825
11-12-2019, 02:16 AM
Remember when Knicks fans thought they were getting Zion, Kyrie, and Durant? :roll:

bobopenguin
11-12-2019, 04:00 AM
Remember when Knicks fans thought they were getting Zion, Kyrie, and Durant? :roll:

well, they landed 20/10 monster randle. :bowdown: :bowdown: :roll:

DoctorP
11-12-2019, 04:02 AM
Is he good?
can the Lakers get him?

scuzzy
11-12-2019, 04:07 AM
tune in to Screamin A tomorrow for some epic white man be putting us down again episode :banana:

coin24
11-12-2019, 04:18 AM
Fiz is hopeless, but what can anyone do with that dogshit roster:lol

Embers
11-12-2019, 05:29 AM
Why can't any of them accept the fact they have the worst roster in the league for?

Name me one poorer roster? Potentially Charlotte but feel that's a stretch still, given they are 1 young player ahead of New York at the moment

scuzzy
11-12-2019, 05:34 AM
garbage franchise and owner distributing blame on coaches shoved into terrible situations

-Knicks 2000-2019

Patrick Chewing
11-12-2019, 10:44 AM
For those who haven't seen a single Knicks game this year, trust me, Fizdale sucks. Overrated coach. Hornacek could do a better job with this team.

ImKobe
11-12-2019, 12:04 PM
Did the Knicks FO actually expected to have a winning season with this roster? :roll:

For those who haven't seen a single Knicks game this year, trust me, Fizdale sucks. Overrated coach. Hornacek could do a better job with this team.

No doubt he's overrated but what are they expecting out of him? I thought he was there to help them tank and just develop young players. RJ looks really good, you need another great draft and you'll be on your way. Most of your guys are on 1-year deals anyway, I think they banked on landing KD and Kyrie but obviously didn't think about Brooklyn having the better roster to offer :kobe: .

PP34Deuce
11-12-2019, 12:12 PM
Fizdale is good as an assistant, not HC.

I think he's more a player's coach and he's young. Ultimately he would excel in an organization where he can be more the player's ear and development.

Manny98
11-12-2019, 12:18 PM
Knicks still the laughing stock of the league, somethings never change :roll: :roll:

imdaman99
11-12-2019, 03:25 PM
He does suck. But he doesn't have the players either. They were tanking last year so they could get Zion... and they didn't get him. Now this guy Steve Mills who is the one putting the team together is gonna scapegoat someone who he gave Julius Randle as the prize free agent signing??? :facepalm

Knicks suck from the top. Silver should step in and get Ujri to GM this team. How many years is Steve Mills gonna have his job?

Levity
11-12-2019, 03:33 PM

:lol

Patrick Chewing
11-12-2019, 03:40 PM
He does suck. But he doesn't have the players either. They were tanking last year so they could get Zion... and they didn't get him. Now this guy Steve Mills who is the one putting the team together is gonna scapegoat someone who he gave Julius Randle as the prize free agent signing??? :facepalm

Knicks suck from the top. Silver should step in and get Ujri to GM this team. How many years is Steve Mills gonna have his job?

I'd keep Perry and get rid of Mills and Fiz. Mills has a horrible record and he should go. I'm more upset with Fiz cause he just can't seem to find a competent lineup and it's not like these guys are all rookies. There is no fluidity in this roster and I think it was either Alan Hahn or Wally Z. that said it the other day, but every basket the Knicks make seems so difficult. There are no easy buckets. Having all these Forwards on this team is a problem, and that goes back to Mills.

Internally, I'd look at Mike Miller to replace Fiz. He has history with Popovich and his system. Externally, yeah, I guess we can look at Mark Jackson. But, I'd like to get a college coach in here. Call Rick Pitino. Give Calipari a blank check.

Miles and Miles
11-12-2019, 04:20 PM
I think getting blown out at home by the Kings sent everyone over the edge. Fire everyone!

red1
11-12-2019, 04:26 PM
if knicks fans want a revolution then they're going to have to earn it.

need to rise up and murder dolan.

or at least chase him out of town.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PertinentGroundedAfricancivet-size_restricted.gif

Sportal
11-12-2019, 05:33 PM
Yes, of course.

If you're an established coach with a track record, you've basically got a free hand. Nobody will blame you for failing with the Knicks, it's a write off.

If you do manage to succeed, you're a hero in an iconic basketball environment and the Knicks will dish out massive $$$ to keep you.

Knicks job should be a no brainer for anyone, except of course if you're Kerr and have a chance to walk into a dynasty situation instead.

WHAT exactly is an ESTABLISHED coach meant to do with the absolute steaming pile, known as the Knicks? Huh???? Wtf you think an "established" coach is gonna do, really? Like, the fans of the Knicks are ****ing delusional bruh. You think you aren't a lottery LOCK with this team? Who you gonna beat in a game of basketball? You guys would need a superstar talent just to even make the playoffs as an eighth seed. Firing your coach because the staff you have are ****ing abysmal, hilarious.