PDA

View Full Version : The Mandalorian Official Discussion Thread

Meticode
11-12-2019, 12:50 PM
I just watched the first episode this morning. Just this 30 minute episode alone is better than The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi and probably The Rise of Skywalker.

At least the first episode is great IMO

highwhey
11-12-2019, 02:51 PM
if you have verizon wireless unlimited phone plan or FIOS, you get 1 year of free subscription to Disney+

Meticode
11-12-2019, 03:30 PM
if you have verizon wireless unlimited phone plan or FIOS, you get 1 year of free subscription to Disney+
I just get it through torrents + VPN.

https://rarbg.to/torrent/d8maqke

highwhey
11-12-2019, 08:23 PM
that was good :eek:

Facepalm
11-12-2019, 08:31 PM
I just get it through torrents + VPN.

https://rarbg.to/torrent/d8maqke
Yup. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime and that's it. Not gonna get bled dry with Hulu, Apple TV, Disney Plus, HBO Now, YouTube TV, CBS All Access. I'll use Morpheus to watch the rest

highwhey
11-12-2019, 08:51 PM
Yup. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime and that's it. Not gonna get bled dry with Hulu, Apple TV, Disney Plus, HBO Now, YouTube TV, CBS All Access. I'll use Morpheus to watch the rest
i have amazon prime and get hulu for free bc of my spotify subscription.

i leech hbo and netflix from my brother :lol

Draz
11-12-2019, 10:22 PM
All these sub subscriptions are going to turn into cable tbh.

SomeBlackDude
11-12-2019, 10:28 PM
feels like old school star wars mixed with a spaghetti western.

good shit.

:rockon:

warriorfan
11-12-2019, 10:36 PM

good shit.

Damn. I’m not a big Star Wars guy (not the new ones, the old ones are pretty good) but that sounds pretty legit

Facepalm
11-12-2019, 10:59 PM
Each of these subs have a few gems that are better than what basic cable ever offered imo. 150 channels of trash

Meticode
11-12-2019, 11:07 PM

good shit.

Yea, was pretty good. Love the the whole Yoda's race thing. It's never been named what his race is or where he's from. Someone made a keen observation about this as well...

If this baby is 50 years old, and the year currently is 9 ABY, that means this baby was born roughly around the same time as Anakin Skywalker was born (41 BBY). Just a little note someone brought up that I thought was super interesting.

Andrei89
11-13-2019, 03:09 AM
Each of these subs have a few gems that are better than what basic cable ever offered imo. 150 channels of trash

I think what he means is that some provider will somehow manage to get all subscriptions together and make it 40-50 a month just like the good ol'cable.

Once they get a monopoly over them, watch the commercials fly in. :facepalm

Facepalm
11-13-2019, 12:18 PM
Finally watched it last night. Feels like this show will continue Star War's roots of being based on Japanese cinema and westerns. I have a feeling this will be Star War's version of Lone Wolf and cub. There's a reason why they showed the Mandalorian has a soft spot for foundlings. He's going to protect baby Yoda from the various factions going after it. Also, there are at least 3 factions involved so far. The one the hired the Mandalorian, the one the hired the droid, and the one that was protecting the baby.

https://sm.ign.com/t/ign_nordic/cover/l/lone-wolf-/lone-wolf-and-cub_wasc.200.jpg

Brujesino
11-13-2019, 12:34 PM
Good first episode, love the little cliff hanger at the end really love it.

Meticode
11-13-2019, 01:07 PM
Finally watched it last night. Feels like this show will continue Star War's roots of being based on Japanese cinema and westerns. I have a feeling this will be Star War's version of Lone Wolf and cub. There's a reason why they showed the Mandalorian has a soft spot for foundlings
His soft spot for foundlings is because he admitted he was one himself and he was talking with the armorer.

Meticode
11-13-2019, 01:08 PM
FYI episode 2 will be Friday the 15th, then they're pretty much every week after that, 22, 29, etc. Give or take a day. Last episode will be end of December.

highwhey
11-13-2019, 01:33 PM
Finally watched it last night. Feels like this show will continue Star War's roots of being based on Japanese cinema and westerns. I have a feeling this will be Star War's version of Lone Wolf and cub. There's a reason why they showed the Mandalorian has a soft spot for foundlings. He's going to protect baby Yoda from the various factions going after it. Also, there are at least 3 factions involved so far. The one the hired the Mandalorian, the one the hired the droid, and the one that was protecting the baby.

https://sm.ign.com/t/ign_nordic/cover/l/lone-wolf-/lone-wolf-and-cub_wasc.200.jpg
whats so special about the yoda species? ie, why do these factions want the baby?

Facepalm
11-13-2019, 01:45 PM
whats so special about the yoda species? ie, why do these factions want the baby?
We don't know. have only seen 2 of them in the entire existence of Star wars. Maybe they are extra strong in the Force?

Meticode
11-13-2019, 02:02 PM
The original creator of Star Wars, George Lucas has never revealed any information about Yoda's species. In the entirety of the whole Star Wars universe that's ever been made there's only two of his species ever shown or mentioned up until The Mandalorian. Which is himself and a female called Yaddle which appeared in Star Wars: Episode 1: The Phantom Menace. Whenever they got to speak with the Jedi Council Yaddle is seen in the same room usually to towards the left of the screen with brownish hair.

Lucas never revealed anything about the speicies. Origins, name, nothing. So it will be interesting to see where this goes with this baby because if the math is correct. This baby was born the same year as Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader)...which I find really interesting to me.

Anyway, we had no clue why the baby is wanted. Probably because Yoda's species is super-rare. I'm not a Star Wars fanatic but I think Yoda himself said he was either one of or the last of his race to be alive.

SomeBlackDude
11-13-2019, 02:17 PM
i think we're all overlooking the obvious here.

massa yoda wasn't just chillin alone in the swamp for a few decades waiting on luke to show up.

he was getting it IN.

https://media.giphy.com/media/g6rIemVBT35wQ/200.gif

Meticode
11-13-2019, 02:28 PM
i think we're all overlooking the obvious here.

massa yoda wasn't just chillin alone in the swamp for a few decades waiting on luke to show up.

he was getting it IN.

https://media.giphy.com/media/g6rIemVBT35wQ/200.gif
This baby was born way before that ever happened or before Yoda went into exile. The baby was actually born the same year as Anakin was born seemingly.

Current year in The Mandalorian is 9 ABY.

Baby is 50 years old.

9 ABY - 50 years = 41 BBY

41 BBY is same year as Anakin Skywalker was born.

SomeBlackDude
11-13-2019, 02:41 PM
This baby was born way before that ever happened or before Yoda went into exile. The baby was actually born the same year as Anakin was born seemingly.

Current year in The Mandalorian is 9 ABY.

Baby is 50 years old.

9 ABY - 50 years = 41 BBY

41 BBY is same year as Anakin Skywalker was born.

interesting.

could still be yoda/yaddle's kid. she did just up and disappear after episode i.

maybe yoda wasn't talking about leia here like we all assumed:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/Sj4PWbf0DgNgI/giphy.gif

that baby is obviously very important to a lot of factions for some reason.

:confusedshrug:

Meticode
11-13-2019, 05:32 PM
interesting.

could still be yoda/yaddle's kid. she did just up and disappear after episode i.

maybe yoda wasn't talking about leia here like we all assumed:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/Sj4PWbf0DgNgI/giphy.gif

that baby is obviously very important to a lot of factions for some reason.

:confusedshrug:
I doubt the Yoda/Yaddle angle just becuase they're both Jedi's and that would be against what they stood for.

Could be a bunch of these. We'll find out hopefully. They did a good job of establishing some mystery with The Mandalorian and the baby. I hope the baby being born the same year as Anakin Skywalker just isn't a coincidence. :lol Maybe Anakin was never the Chosen One! LOL

Bosnian Sajo
11-13-2019, 05:37 PM

Pretty much.

Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ for $12.99 per month

Netflix, Nickelodean for however much it is

To be fair, it IS better content than cable ever was. And completely on demand, so that's dope.

Meticode
11-15-2019, 04:49 PM
After watching the second episode it seems that Yoda's species is just naturally just connected to the force. While this episode offered nothing in terms of back-story for anything at all, just what The Mandalorian had to deal with after getting the child you, it does show you that their species has an extremely powerful connection with the Force when he saves Mando's life using the Force itself to lift the creature.

In the beginning I straight up laughed when he got out of his crib, walked over to help heal Mando and Mando doesn't even notice and puts him back into the crib like a regular escaped child...twice. :oldlol:

Just felt like a filler episode in the end. But interesting that the child can already control things.

Facepalm
11-15-2019, 06:01 PM
BTW, did you guys know that the alien helping him out is Nick Nolte?

SomeBlackDude
11-16-2019, 10:39 AM
so baby yoda is strong with the force.

could it be a clone? :confusedshrug:

highwhey
11-16-2019, 11:56 AM
Baby yoda is cute.

I have spoken.

Meticode
11-16-2019, 07:28 PM
BTW, did you guys know that the alien helping him out is Nick Nolte?
I saw that credit after the second episode. I was like :wtf:

I like his character though.

Meticode
11-16-2019, 07:31 PM
so baby yoda is strong with the force.

could it be a clone? :confusedshrug:
There's a very strong chance it is a clone. When Mando went to get the bounty in the first episode the scientist that barges into the room has a Kamino badge on his shoulder. And that badge was would on the clones uniforms when they're kids in training and Kamino obviously being the planet where the clones were created.

It felt like episode 1 and 2 were actually episode 1, but they had to cut it in half.

Brujesino
11-16-2019, 08:55 PM
wow didnt even think of the baby could be a clone.

Could it be yodas clone? maybe when he went to check out the storm trooper army in episode 2 I think they somehow got his DNA.

egokiller
11-17-2019, 10:55 AM
This show needs some light saber action.

highwhey
11-17-2019, 01:36 PM
This show needs some light saber action.
So does your mom.

Patrick Chewing
11-17-2019, 02:26 PM
Episode 2 was magnificent.

Soundtrack is amazing as well.

egokiller
11-17-2019, 02:43 PM
So does your mom.

Cringe

You sound upset. Is your local grocery store all out of tortillas today?

Patrick Chewing
11-17-2019, 02:51 PM
Cringe

https://media3.giphy.com/media/YzvPqrOVoS9tC/source.gif

highwhey
11-17-2019, 02:51 PM
Cringe

i can trigger you even with a grade school joke. :roll:

highwhey
11-19-2019, 12:55 AM
Pedro Pascal is killing it btw, he was great in GOT and Narcos, now he's killing it as the center focus of an entire streaming platform. Good for him.

Patrick Chewing
11-19-2019, 01:17 AM
https://i.ibb.co/dpPM4MM/boba.jpg

scuzzy
11-19-2019, 01:27 AM
It's cool for a SW spinoff and i'm hooked from the first episodes

But lets face it, if it didn't have a Star Wars backing this shit would be severely underwhelming for an exclusive :lol

Patrick Chewing
11-26-2019, 09:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiGd8k55mWk

Meticode
11-29-2019, 12:31 PM
Chapter 4: Sanctuary is the best episode so far. Each episode has progressively gotten better.

Good funny parts in the beginning with The Child and Mando interacting together. You get to understand a little more of Mando's backstory as a child, and you get to see a softer side of him before he became a Mandalorian. As well you get to see him interact with two different females supporting characters two different ways.

Great stuff so far.

P.S. - The only thing I don't like about this episode is how he casually just takes his helmet off to eat. It doesn't show his face, but he just literally had a conversation with the woman about taking it off in front of people and how he doesn't do it around anyone and hasn't since he was a child, but literally less then a minute later he takes it off to eat (with no one near him) with the windows and doors open in the barn. I would've thought he'd close the windows and doors since someone could easily just look into the window and see it off. No biggie though.

coin24
11-29-2019, 02:05 PM
i can trigger you even with a grade school joke. :roll:

You should try and trigger some weight loss

Meticode
11-29-2019, 02:06 PM
You should try and trigger some weight loss
More Mando posts and less pissing contest posts between little boys please.

SomeBlackDude
11-29-2019, 04:45 PM
i'm guessing seven samurai is filoni's favorite film. this is the second time he's used a star wars project he was in charge of to do a homage. clone wars had an episode similar to this one.

egokiller
11-29-2019, 06:33 PM
Wait, was that ice cream maker thing that Willrow Hood was holding in ESB the same ice cream maker that was holding those steel bars when Dyn got paid in episode 3? :lol

Meticode
11-29-2019, 06:39 PM
Wait, was that ice cream maker thing that Willrow Hood was holding in ESB the same ice cream maker that was holding those steel bars when Dyn got paid in episode 3? :lol
Yes, but it wasn't an ice cream maker! Another Easter egg they dropped in. I love it!

CelticBaller
11-29-2019, 09:41 PM
really good

scuzzy
11-30-2019, 01:23 AM
I'm hooked

Wish they weren't only 30 min long at 8 episodes a season

nayte
11-30-2019, 07:49 AM
Not a bad show. My same complaint is like so many other shows is that the bad guys have such terrible accuracy

insidehoops
12-27-2019, 06:22 PM
It's already been reported that there will be a season 2 for The Mandalorian, on Disney+

I've been watching season 1. Very fun show. I dig how straightforward it is, too.

ShannonElements
12-27-2019, 06:28 PM
Mandlorian Season 2 was confirmed around the same time The Universe was created; nothing to see here.

Meticode
12-27-2019, 09:20 PM
Jon Favreau confirmed that they were already filming season two during the first few episodes of this season. Looks like it's going to be a 2020 Fall release.

Anyways...it's actually the best media Disney has put out Star Wars related since they've owned the franchise. Better than anything in the new trilogy.

Meticode
12-27-2019, 09:23 PM
Not a bad show. My same complaint is like so many other shows is that the bad guys have such terrible accuracy
I just watched the season finale and they actually make fun of this in the episode. Spoilers below...

Two scout troopers already get The Child temporarily and there's a funny two or three minute scene while they're waiting for commands where they're talking. One of them tries to target practice object and misses horribly like two or three times. The other one takes out his blaster and tries to shoot it too and misses horribly then looks at his blaster like something is wrong with it.

Totally hilarious.

Meticode
12-27-2019, 09:30 PM
Awesome season finale. You get to see The Mandalorian's face, his name, why he hates droids so much (which was obvious). You get to see him receive his insignia from the Armorer and the reason he was a foundling is because the Mandalorians saved him as a child from the invasion when his parents got killed.

The Child saves everyone from the Fire Trooper with the Force and FINALLY something understands why he can do this. The Armorer references that warriors known as Jedi used this power. Moff Gideon has a Darksaber which has been passed through many hands, but originally the darksaber was giving to the first Mandalorian that was put into the Jedi Order ever from back story I read. So the assumption is that he stole it or took it during the purge of Mandalore which is why he has it.

They meet the Armorer and she tells Mando to raise the child as his own, train him and to help him seek out his own kind and return him there. That should be interesting.

Also they left one sliver of mystery. The Mandalorian in Episode 5 which many people assume is Boba Fett wasn't reference at all since that episode. So they're saving some mystery for season 2.

Good season finale. Only thing I didn't like is the showed his face.

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 11:04 PM
not a bad show. its fine. has some cringey dialog at times.

egokiller
12-28-2019, 11:33 AM
Was that a black lightsaber Gideon used to cut his way out of that ship?

Shit just got real. I said at the start of this show you can't have "star wars" without a lightsaber in the show.

CelticBaller
12-28-2019, 11:42 AM
kinda stupid the Jedi are being mythologized like they weren't a police force like 30 years ago in the star wars universe

shit that rebel should've at least known considering you know, Luke

SomeBlackDude
12-28-2019, 12:08 PM

it's the dark saber. the first mandalorian who joined the jedi made it thousands of years before the events of the series. eventually some mandalorians (vizsla clan (https://youtu.be/zEu_U78XFg4?t=34)) stole it from the jedi temple and it's been a mando heirloom ever since.

could point to gideon being a mandalorian. :eek:

kinda stupid the Jedi are being mythologized like they weren't a police force like 30 years ago in the star wars universe

most of the show takes place in outer rim worlds that weren't part of the republic. so the majority of inhabitants probably had no idea jedi existed, never encountered any, especially if they never left their home world. plus it's been like 30ish years since the jedi were wiped out so the younger characters especially wouldn't know much about them, if anything.

DoctorP
12-28-2019, 12:39 PM
it's the dark saber. the first mandalorian who joined the jedi made it thousands of years before the events of the series. eventually some mandalorians (vizsla clan (https://youtu.be/zEu_U78XFg4?t=34)) stole it from the jedi temple and it's been a mando heirloom ever since.

most of the show takes place in outer rim worlds that weren't part of the republic. so the majority of inhabitants probably had no idea jedi existed, never encountered any, especially if they never left their home world. plus it's been like 30ish years since the jedi were wiped out so the younger characters especially wouldn't know much about them, if anything.

that dark sabre looked terrible. i thought my streaming was corrupted. i guess theres a whole ridiculous backstory i care nothing about woopie

DoctorP
12-28-2019, 12:40 PM

youre hardcore star wars, black dude. did you like rise of skywalker?

SomeBlackDude
12-28-2019, 12:49 PM
rise of skywalker?

garbage.

you can tell the difference between the dudes who know and respect the material like filoni and the hacks just trying to make a quick buck like abrams.

difference in quality really shows.

DoctorP
12-28-2019, 12:50 PM
garbage.

you can tell the difference between the dudes who know and respect the material like filoni and the hacks just trying to make a quick buck like abrams.

difference in quality really shows.

i knew it. star wars fans suckkkkk

that movie rocked. star wars nerds are the only ones that hate it

JJ could not have done a better job of wrapping that shitshow up. had me guessing til the end.

what a space opera. one hell of a star war.

SomeBlackDude
12-28-2019, 12:59 PM
star wars nerds are the only ones that hate it

55% on rotten tomatoes. certified rotten.

54% on metacritic. certified turrible.

7/10 imdb. certified phantom menace level.

https://media.giphy.com/media/cMi9OwLFvpJfdorGnq/giphy.gif

DoctorP
12-28-2019, 01:01 PM
55% on rotten tomatoes. certified rotten.

54% on metacritic. certified turrible.

7/10 imdb. certified phantom menace level.

https://media.giphy.com/media/cMi9OwLFvpJfdorGnq/giphy.gif

:lol whats the audience score on rotty tomato?

i have spoken.

Meticode
12-28-2019, 02:40 PM

Shit just got real. I said at the start of this show you can't have "star wars" without a lightsaber in the show.
Read my posts above, it's a darksaber.

Meticode
12-28-2019, 02:42 PM

shit that rebel should've at least known considering you know, Luke
Maybe. Not everyone ever born around that time saw a Jedi or force user. It's just word of mouth and seeing is believing. It didn't bother me at all. Two of the three main characters were probably either too young or not even born after the Jedi Purge and even born around the time the Empire fell.

Meticode
12-28-2019, 02:45 PM
not a bad show. its fine. has some cringey dialog at times.
Depends on who's directing it. Episode 5 was probably the worse of the bunch acting wise. Favreau gave over full reigns of that episode to Dave Filoni and you can tell. He's only ever directed Star Wars animate episodes in Rebels and The Clone Wars and before that Avatar: The Last Airbender. He had no idea what he was doing in the live action directing of that episode.

Anti Hero
12-29-2019, 09:08 AM
This was a good show but every episode was a mini disaster to overcome. Sort of like Star Trek but with continuity. Go to this planet, uh oh.. something is here to overcome. Go to this space station, uh oh.. something over here too.. go to another nother planet.. uh oh..

7.5/10

DoctorP
12-29-2019, 10:48 AM
I felt the first episode was a classic but the rest was ok. There were strong moments scattered around the series. It was fine overall. Effects were cool.

Meticode
12-29-2019, 03:23 PM
I felt the first episode was a classic but the rest was ok. There were strong moments scattered around the series. It was fine overall. Effects were cool.
Effects better be cool. Each episode had roughly at $10 million budget.

I like the season finale. I kind of wish they didn't reveal Mando's face yet, but I like the potential setup.

I like how they haven't revealed The Child's source yet and kept the other Mando tracking them in Episode 5 a mystery.

Everyone's is like "It would be awesome if The Child gets trained in Mandalorian ways, has Force powers and ends up with the Darksaber."

egokiller
12-29-2019, 04:22 PM
Did they mess up the writing in episode 8?
Post hidden as it contains spoilers:

[COLOR="White"]The Armorer gives Mando his very first jetpack and asks him if he

Draz
12-29-2019, 06:43 PM
What's this show even about. I'm not into that sci-fi shit

MrFonzworth
12-29-2019, 06:51 PM
What's this show even about. I'm not into that sci-fi shit
A bounty hunter in the star wars universe. Has some good moments.

Meticode
12-29-2019, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=egokiller]Did they mess up the writing in episode 8?
Post hidden as it contains spoilers:

Could've just shown how good of training he had as a boy? I don't know. It's a minor thing that doesn't bother me.

Patrick Chewing
12-29-2019, 09:43 PM
Gina Carano cannot act.

DoctorP
12-30-2019, 01:35 AM
Gina Carano cannot act.

yep :applause:

coin24
12-30-2019, 02:28 AM
Gina Carano cannot act.

Just comes across as smug and annoying

insidehoops
05-18-2020, 11:45 PM
Update: The Mandalorian season 2 scheduled release date is October, 2020.

And there will already be a season 3, per multiple reports.

insidehoops
05-18-2020, 11:48 PM
Season 1 was very good. Simple, straightforward, good episodes.

Nilocon165
12-18-2020, 05:50 AM
Anyone watch?

Patrick Chewing
12-18-2020, 11:48 AM
Yeah Season 2 has been amazing thus far.

highwhey
12-18-2020, 12:17 PM
Great show, I subscribed to Disney just for this show lol. Can’t wait to watch tonight’s episode.

Patrick Chewing
12-18-2020, 02:41 PM
Great show, I subscribed to Disney just for this show lol. Can’t wait to watch tonight’s episode.

Bruh, just saw the season finale. Greatest shit I have seen in the SWU to date.

Patrick Chewing
12-18-2020, 04:00 PM
Oh yeah and for those who are watching the last episode, there is also a post credit scene you don't want to miss.

highwhey
12-19-2020, 01:30 AM
Bruh, just saw the season finale. Greatest shit I have seen in the SWU to date.

just finished watching. wow. that was fvcking badass dude. best episode thus far. almost shred a tear.

Patrick Chewing
12-19-2020, 11:37 AM
just finished watching. wow. that was fvcking badass dude. best episode thus far. almost shred a tear.

Funny to watch all the reaction videos on Youtube though and watching other grown men cry. :lol

highwhey
12-19-2020, 12:23 PM
Funny to watch all the reaction videos on Youtube though and watching other grown men cry. :lol

Still crying

Patrick Chewing
12-19-2020, 12:37 PM
Still crying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h6UaSFSoYQ

:lol

I'll admit. I got a bit emotional too.

highwhey
12-19-2020, 03:51 PM

:oldlol: bruh i'm not even a big star wars fan tbh. but this show has been fun all along and it's got people emotionally invested into what happens to baby yoda. that's how good it is, and last night, imo, they elevated themselves to a top tier tv show. that was so good. not expected at all. well done disney, wish your movies were even half as good as this show.

imdaman99
12-19-2020, 04:52 PM
Just watched it. Great episode, not a huge star wars fan but I do watch all their shit :lol I'll watch anything big budget and with action. Gonna say goodbye to baby yoda? Are they gonna follow Boba Fett's story now? Oh well, like 10 months to wait :lol

highwhey
12-19-2020, 05:53 PM

someone is cutting onions i swear

Nilocon165
12-19-2020, 07:00 PM
Only time my friends have ever admittedly cried to something

DoctorP
12-20-2020, 02:14 AM
Loved the luke cameo to finish the series but hated that cgi face. Looked like a robot luke.

DoctorP
12-20-2020, 02:14 AM
Totally took me out of the scene

Pipes2.0
12-21-2020, 02:18 AM
Never really got into the Star Wars craze until last year when I discovered the Mandalorian. Just finished watching S2.
These Jedi Masters are so OP, a one man army (Ahsoka girl and Mark Hamil) . But it took them 9 movies to beat their enemies?

Meticode
12-21-2020, 02:31 AM
Chapter 16: The Rescue was the best big budget Star Wars thing related made in at least 20 years if not more. The only gripe I have about the whole thing was the CGI'd face for Luke. They couldn't get the mouth down right moving, but it still didn't change the fact that Din and Grogu's exchange made me almost cry like a baby. Favreau did a masterful job of telling a completely different story in the Star Wars universe, but paying homage to the essence of the original Star Wars at the same time. Something the new trilogy failed to do at all.

I think a lot of die-fans cried at Luke showing up because it's the first time their original hero was put on screen showing the culmination of him being fully trained and a Jedi Master. It's something many people have wanted since they were a kid.

Mando and Gideon's fight scene was awesome. I loved the style that Mando used. When he kicked the spear with his boot back around for an attack. That was bad-ass.

Since Chapter 13 to the last each episode for me progressively got better and better. Bill Burr's episode was fantastic. The comedy, the fight scene on top of the transporter, Mando taking his helmet off symbolizing at this point how much he cares about Grogu and what is important to him now.

DoctorP
12-21-2020, 04:04 AM
Chapter 16: The Rescue was the best big budget Star Wars thing related made in at least 20 years if not more. The only gripe I have about the whole thing was the CGI'd face for Luke. They couldn't get the mouth down right moving, but it still didn't change the fact that Din and Grogu's exchange made me almost cry like a baby. Favreau did a masterful job of telling a completely different story in the Star Wars universe, but paying homage to the essence of the original Star Wars at the same time. Something the new trilogy failed to do at all.

I think a lot of die-fans cried at Luke showing up because it's the first time their original hero was put on screen showing the culmination of him being fully trained and a Jedi Master. It's something many people have wanted since they were a kid.

Mando and Gideon's fight scene was awesome. I loved the style that Mando used. When he kicked the spear with his boot back around for an attack. That was bad-ass.

Since Chapter 13 to the last each episode for me progressively got better and better. Bill Burr's episode was fantastic. The comedy, the fight scene on top of the transporter, Mando taking his helmet off symbolizing at this point how much he cares about Grogu and what is important to him now.

If a grown man cries over this, I feel embarrassed for them. Dunno why Im like that

DoctorP
12-21-2020, 04:07 AM
Mayyif it wasn't a cgi face id feel something other than "oh a videogame cut scene"

Ryan Johnson blew it. What a ****

Meticode
12-21-2020, 04:34 AM
If a grown man cries over this, I feel embarrassed for them. Dunno why Im like that

I'm a pretty emotional guy. I cry a lot at movies and such. I'm not embarrassed at all.

DoctorP
12-21-2020, 04:47 AM
I'm a pretty emotional guy. I cry a lot at movies and such. I'm not embarrassed at all.
Yea but it's a cgi

Thorpesaurous
12-21-2020, 10:14 AM
I thought Luke looked better than Leia did at the end of Rogue One.

Kblaze8855
12-21-2020, 10:53 AM

I loved that kick. It did make me wonder if they would ever explain his bo staff training. Who just....has that move in the skill set?

Patrick Chewing
12-21-2020, 12:01 PM
Why doesn't Disney hire the DeepFake people to work on their films?? They are vastly superior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrHXA2cSpNU

ROCSteady
12-21-2020, 01:48 PM
Big fan of the show. Would consider myself knowledgable and the mythology but not a SW nut. More moderate big fan lol

I think Mandalorian Season 2 is one of my favorite seasons of any TV show. Maybe not the "best" or most intricately crafted narratively but everything just works. The first season was more methodical and Eastwood-esque and this season was balls to the wall with some of the best action direction I've seen.

I watched the season finale twice already lol and I may watch it again with my mom. Unsurprisingly, she's very invested in the father-son dynamic with Grogu. The final half of the finale was something to behold. I knew once I saw the single X-Wing that homeboy was there to butter up some droids. What was cool about it was the inklings of rage he displayed during cutting down the fake Terminators. Very Anakin-esque.

Damn this season was badass and the finale was bonkers and also very emotional but I generally don't cry at films so I was just soaking in the greatness.

Bring on Ahsoka, Boba and the next season where we will undoubtedly see Mando reunited with Baby Yoda

falc39
12-21-2020, 04:06 PM
Finished this last night. My favorite episode of season 2 is actually the one where they infiltrate the imperial refinery. The finale didn’t disappoint though. Overall incredible job and the incorporation of the expanded universe elements was too good. Please have another season. More involvement and a tie-in to Thrawn would be absolutely nuts.

Patrick Chewing
12-21-2020, 04:17 PM
Finished this last night. My favorite episode of season 2 is actually the one where they infiltrate the imperial refinery. The finale didn’t disappoint though. Overall incredible job and the incorporation of the expanded universe elements was too good. Please have another season. More involvement and a tie-in to Thrawn would be absolutely nuts.

Season 3 has been confirmed as well as a separate Boba Fett series.

So far, Favreau >>>>> Abrams

imdaman99
12-21-2020, 05:12 PM
Gina Carano cannot act.

:lol she really can't. She needs to put on a looser outfit, her arms look massive.

Plus she's a trumper and doesn't fit in with the disneyverse.

Meticode
12-22-2020, 11:16 AM
Yea but it's a cgi

The whole Luke thing didn't make me cry at all. I'm not that connected to the original trilogy. It was when Mando took off his helmet for Grogu to let him see his face for the first time before he left. While I'm okay that Mando took his helmet off at the Imperial Refinery and it symbolized what he was willing to do for Grogu...it would've had so much more impactful if this was the first time he took his helmet off for the show. Just imagine following this character for 16 episodes doing bad-ass things, killing monsters, fighting people with Darksabers and winning, and this bad-ass of a man takes his helmet off for the first time for what he cares about the most and he's in tears. Would've been so much better.

Meticode
12-22-2020, 11:18 AM
Why doesn't Disney hire the DeepFake people to work on their films?? They are vastly superior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrHXA2cSpNU

Mouth still isn't down, but the eyes are a ton better. Also Disney and no other company won't do that because of money.

Meticode
12-22-2020, 11:21 AM
Big fan of the show. Would consider myself knowledgable and the mythology but not a SW nut. More moderate big fan lol

I think Mandalorian Season 2 is one of my favorite seasons of any TV show. Maybe not the "best" or most intricately crafted narratively but everything just works. The first season was more methodical and Eastwood-esque and this season was balls to the wall with some of the best action direction I've seen.

I watched the season finale twice already lol and I may watch it again with my mom. Unsurprisingly, she's very invested in the father-son dynamic with Grogu. The final half of the finale was something to behold. I knew once I saw the single X-Wing that homeboy was there to butter up some droids. What was cool about it was the inklings of rage he displayed during cutting down the fake Terminators. Very Anakin-esque.

Damn this season was badass and the finale was bonkers and also very emotional but I generally don't cry at films so I was just soaking in the greatness.

Bring on Ahsoka, Boba and the next season where we will undoubtedly see Mando reunited with Baby Yoda

Honestly, I called Luke showing up once the Dark Troopers were revealed. The droids just made sense for a Jedi to cut down versus human's like Vader did. If human's of some sort were in place of the Dark Troopers they would've had to do the scene completely different because a Jedi isn't going to cut 30 people in half. Also he uses Force Crush on the last one, something else the Jedi are against doing. But maybe it's a grey area for non-living things.

rufuspaul
12-23-2020, 10:44 AM

DoctorP
01-10-2021, 07:15 PM
Mandalorian is tbe best Star Wars since the 70s. Period

DoctorP
01-10-2021, 08:17 PM

Easy call. Its a slaughter

DoctorP
01-10-2021, 08:41 PM
Sandworm and spiders. Nuff said

Lebron23
01-10-2021, 11:49 PM
I like it

Patrick Chewing
02-11-2021, 12:24 PM
And Disney has fired Gina Carano because you know.....cancel culture. Think like us, or die.

highwhey
02-11-2021, 12:43 PM
Gina Carano cannot act.

From admitting she is a shit actress to seething bc cancel culture got to her.

Some of you log onto IsH just to bitch and complain.

Nanners
02-11-2021, 12:53 PM
:lol she really can't. She needs to put on a looser outfit, her arms look massive.

Plus she's a trumper and doesn't fit in with the disneyverse.

Of course she doesnt fit in disneyverse... its a site where child traffickers come to cash in the favors they've earned

Patrick Chewing
02-11-2021, 01:00 PM
Some of you log onto IsH just to bitch and complain.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/l36kU80xPf0ojG0Erg/giphy.gif

~primetime~
02-11-2021, 01:19 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/SequelMemes/comments/lhcp0f/gina_carano_fired_from_star_wars/

:oldlol:

bladefd
02-11-2021, 02:29 PM
And Disney has fired Gina Carano because you know.....cancel culture. Think like us, or die.

What did she do?

Patrick Chewing
02-11-2021, 02:38 PM
What did she do?

She equated being a Conservative in today's America with being a Jew in 1940's Europe. People, even if they were your friends or neighbors were out to get Jews and in a sense, "cancel" them.

So what does Lucasfilms and Disney do? They cancel her, thus proving her right.

Long Duck Dong
02-11-2021, 02:53 PM
She equated being a Conservative in today's America with being a Jew in 1940's Europe. People, even if they were your friends or neighbors were out to get Jews and in a sense, "cancel" them.

Sources say that Lucas Films/Discey was actively looking to fire her for suggesting that voter fraud may have taken place in this election. This gave them the reason. CNN, Newsweek and Washington post have all compared to America under Trump to the Holocaust and no one was fired. As well as many celebrities on the left comparing America to Nazi Germany. A few apologies but no one fired. A conservative does it and it's immediate termination.

Her exact quote:

“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…. even by children,”

“Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews,”

“How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?”

She also had a new Disney series planned around her scrapped and was dropped by her talent agency because of pressure from higher profile entertainers. The left hates opinions that differ from their own so you gotta be careful in Hollywood.

Btw. My aunt did an ancestry test last week. Apparently we are part Jewish on my Mom's side by 3%(probably from the German ancestry). So I guess I'm at least 1.5% Jewish :banana:

~primetime~
02-11-2021, 02:55 PM

She was fired from her multi-million$ job of pretending to be a space warrior

yes, that is exactly like being a jew during nazi Germany

Patrick Chewing
02-11-2021, 03:10 PM

If you think the Left is just stopping at getting people fired from their job, you're dumber than I thought.

Long Duck Dong
02-11-2021, 03:14 PM

"We must all fear evil men. But, there is another kind of evil which we must fear most … and that is the indifference of good men.”

~primetime~
02-11-2021, 03:15 PM
If you think the Left is just stopping at getting people fired from their job, you're dumber than I thought.

If you think you're just like a jew in Nazi Germany...the internet has fear mongered you into stupidity

Patrick Chewing
02-11-2021, 03:20 PM
If you think you're just like a jew in Nazi Germany...the internet has fear mongered you into stupidity

Are you allergic to history? Or to picking up a book and learning about history? Do you think the Jews were rounded up from one day to the next and then exterminated? The hatred for the Jews was happening for quite a long time prior to the "Final Solution". There was a systematic campaign for many years to change the opinion of the Jew and to discredit them.

~primetime~
02-11-2021, 03:24 PM
Are you allergic to history? Or to picking up a book and learning about history? Do you think the Jews were rounded up from one day to the next and then exterminated? The hatred for the Jews was happening for quite a long time prior to the "Final Solution". There was a systematic campaign for many years to change the opinion of the Jew and to discredit them.

so you literally think Dems are working toward rounding up all the conservatives and exterminating them?...if you REALLY think that, sarcasm aside...then you need to get off the internet.

Nazi Germany comparisons are the worst...from BOTH sides

Trump is not Hitler
Biden is not Hitler
There is no holocaust in the US
It is not comparable

Long Duck Dong
02-11-2021, 03:38 PM
Nazi Germany comparisons are the worst...from BOTH sides

How many people on the left have been fired for Nazi and/or Holocaust comparisons to America?

Doomsday Dallas
02-11-2021, 03:38 PM
Nazi Germany comparisons are the worst.

Don't forget 9/11 is often compared to the Reichstag Fire.

Both were inside jobs

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3157/1220/1600/Bush%20and%20Hiltler%20History%20Repeats.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TnzcUwk.jpg

~primetime~
02-11-2021, 03:57 PM
How many people on the left have been fired for Nazi and/or Holocaust comparisons to America?

IDK, and when it comes to Hollywood obviously things are going to lean in favor of the left...I'm not arguing that things are 'fair' here...just saying we aren't living in Nazi Germany

~primetime~
02-11-2021, 03:58 PM

Both were inside jobs

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3157/1220/1600/Bush%20and%20Hiltler%20History%20Repeats.jpg

it was 20 years ago...seriously move on with your life, it's not heading toward Nazi Germany 2.0 I promise

bladefd
02-11-2021, 04:11 PM
Sources say that Lucas Films/Discey was actively looking to fire her for suggesting that voter fraud may have taken place in this election. This gave them the reason. CNN, Newsweek and Washington post have all compared to America under Trump to the Holocaust and no one was fired. As well as many celebrities on the left comparing America to Nazi Germany. A few apologies but no one fired. A conservative does it and it's immediate termination.

Her exact quote:

“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…. even by children,”

“Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews,”

“How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?”

She also had a new Disney series planned around her scrapped and was dropped by her talent agency because of pressure from higher profile entertainers. The left hates opinions that differ from their own so you gotta be careful in Hollywood.

Btw. My aunt did an ancestry test last week. Apparently we are part Jewish on my Mom's side by 3%(probably from the German ancestry). So I guess I'm at least 1.5% Jewish :banana:

If that's all she said and there was nothing else to it then yeah, that's a pretty f*cked up reason to fire her.

bladefd
02-11-2021, 04:14 PM

Both were inside jobs

So you think Bush is going to return to take over the throne in America?

FultzNationRISE
02-11-2021, 04:49 PM

You think concentration camps and gas chambers happened overnight?? :facepalm

It started the exact same way. Limits on school and job attendance for jews. Public denouncement from people in charge. Small scale harassment and assault.

The woman is absolutely right.

Primetime you BIG dumb, fella.

~primetime~
02-11-2021, 04:59 PM

It started the exact same way. Limits on school and job attendance for jews. Public denouncement from people in charge. Small scale harassment and assault.

Are you really scared that concentration camps and gas chambers are in your future?...I mean seriously?...like the Gov is going to drive through the suburbs and round up all the red voters?

Manny98
02-11-2021, 05:05 PM
Are you really scared that concentration camps and gas chambers are in your future?...I mean seriously?...like the Gov is going to drive through the suburbs and round up all the red voters?
After some of the stuff I have seen recently I honestly wouldn't be surprised if start seeing people getting arrested and put in concentration camps for having right wing views

They already do that shit in China and North Korea

Patrick Chewing
02-11-2021, 05:10 PM

They just don't get it.

Or they do, but just refuse to agree with a Conservative point of view.

They should jump to our side though. We're way less judgmental than the Thought Police Nazis they surround themselves with.

Patrick Chewing
02-11-2021, 05:12 PM

Listen. And listen well. We are not saying this is happening now or going to happen soon. We are saying that this is how it starts. This is how it started in Germany.

Not seeing the similarities is just showing utter ignorance on the issue.

Nanners
02-11-2021, 05:14 PM
just saying we aren't living in Nazi Germany

Yep, right now were living in decadent and oblivious Weimar Germany... and like Weimar we will become Nazi Germany when the bottom finally falls out of our economy and tens of millions are hungry/homeless/desperate and looking for someone to blame.

~primetime~
02-11-2021, 05:15 PM
Listen. And listen well. We are not saying this is happening now or going to happen soon. We are saying that this is how it starts. This is how it started in Germany.

Not seeing the similarities is just showing utter ignorance on the issue.

okay I want a time table...will this happen within Biden's presidency?...or are you talking this is a 50 year plan?

FultzNationRISE
02-11-2021, 05:16 PM

Not concentration camps and gas chambers specifically, but I wouldnt be surprised if people with the ‘wrong’ opinions continue to become targets, with the government overlooking abuse of them at the hands of government loyalists in the public. We are definitely headed for a Soviet style government system, with greater power for leaders, and stronger clamps on dissent.

Obviously simple guys like you dont care, bc having ‘real’ opinions doesnt matter to you. Thinking and figuring out the correct answers to abstract questions isnt the thing for The Usual Suspects. Youre happy to agree with WHATEVER the crowd says, even if it’s 2+2=5. I mean you would even agree with that, wouldnt you? The “truth” isnt the kind of thing that keeps you up at night, but rather just being securely a part of the group and having that stability and safety blanket is more your priority. Thats actually how probably the majority of humans operate.

So I understand you dont REALLY care about freedom and rights etc. bc who needs em if youre just letting the group tell you how to live and what to believe?

But what if your son happens to have a brain? You want a society where he could disappear in the middle of the night for having supported the ‘wrong’ candidate?

Kinda sad, IMO.

highwhey
02-11-2021, 05:18 PM
remember when you maga fakkits believed covid would be gone after the election? or how bill gates was trying to micropchip people?

now you're moving on to gas chambers n concentration camps?

https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/mjlol.png

highwhey
02-11-2021, 05:21 PM
if you dont praise biden, the mouse will kick your ass and haul you off to a gas chamber

https://media4.giphy.com/media/3o7TKLfsGHMLKW9Z2U/source.gif

~primetime~
02-11-2021, 05:25 PM
remember when you maga fakkits believed covid would be gone after the election? or how bill gates was trying to micropchip people?

now you're moving on to gas chambers n concentration camps?

https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/mjlol.png

yeah I don't think many here actually believe it

if they LITERALLY think we are headed to something that extreme obviously they would be making plans to flee the country

FultzNationRISE
02-11-2021, 05:25 PM
That moment when adults are having a discussion, and an overweight toddler comes waddling in and clamors for attention from the grownups :lol

Nanners
02-11-2021, 05:26 PM
if you dont praise biden, the mouse will kick your ass and haul you off to a gas chamber

https://media4.giphy.com/media/3o7TKLfsGHMLKW9Z2U/source.gif

walt disney was an anti semite and right winger... if he was going to gas someone on this site i doubt it would be trump supporters

Patrick Chewing
02-11-2021, 05:29 PM
okay I want a time table...will this happen within Biden's presidency?...or are you talking this is a 50 year plan?

The next shoe to drop is gun control. Just watch. That will happen under Biden's Presidency. It starts off with a registry and then a tax on weapons and ammunition. How tight can they squeeze you until you willfully give them up. And if you're willfully giving them up, then we might as well make it mandatory that everyone give them up. You know, under the guise of "unity".

To make the leap to executions....yeah I never said that was going to happen. I'm just saying these were the beginning stages to the Final Solution back in the 30's and 40's. But.....seeing as how radical and divisive we have become, I would not be surprised to see executions and mass incarcerations as a result.

~primetime~
02-11-2021, 05:33 PM
The next shoe to drop is gun control. Just watch. That will happen under Biden's Presidency. It starts off with a registry and then a tax on weapons and ammunition. How tight can they squeeze you until you willfully give them up. And if you're willfully giving them up, then we might as well make it mandatory that everyone give them up. You know, under the guise of "unity".

To make the leap to executions....yeah I never said that was going to happen. I'm just saying these were the beginning stages to the Final Solution back in the 30's and 40's. But.....seeing as how radical and divisive we have become, I would not be surprised to see executions and mass incarcerations as a result.
if we are headed to Nazi Germany 2.0 then that part needs to happen

Patrick Chewing
02-11-2021, 05:38 PM

Because Nazi Germany was just executions right?

I mean who knows. The Nazis did away with the Weimar Republic pretty quickly.

from Wiki:

Hitler was sworn in as Chancellor on the morning of 30 January 1933 in what some observers later described as a brief and indifferent ceremony. By early February, a mere week after Hitler's assumption of the chancellorship, the government had begun to clamp down on the opposition. Meetings of the left-wing parties were banned and even some of the moderate parties found their members threatened and assaulted. Measures with an appearance of legality suppressed the Communist Party in mid-February and included the plainly illegal arrests of Reichstag deputies.

The Reichstag fire on 27 February was blamed by Hitler's government on the Communists. Hitler used the ensuing state of emergency to obtain the presidential assent of Hindenburg to issue the Reichstag Fire Decree the following day. The decree invoked Article 48 of the Weimar Constitution and "indefinitely suspended" a number of constitutional protections of civil liberties, allowing the Nazi government to take swift action against political meetings, arresting and killing the Communists.

Hmmm would you look at that.

FultzNationRISE
02-11-2021, 05:39 PM

So youre ok with everything that had already happened to Jews in Nazi Germany, up UNTIL mass execution?

Bc you dont seem too worried about the general trend. You seem to be shrugging it off by saying “theres not gonna be gas chambers, omg thats stupid.”

Youre ok with something like a Jim Crow, or Numerus Clauses (restrictions on jewish attendance at university and fields of emoloyment) for conservatives, as long as its not gas chambers?

Thats the vibe youre giving off.

What a proud guy you must be, primetime.

~primetime~
02-11-2021, 05:45 PM
okay, so now we're not headed toward a holocaust then? :oldlol:

we are headed toward Nazi Germany 2.0 sans holocaust and dictator on mission to rule earth

highwhey
02-11-2021, 05:46 PM
yeah I don't think many here actually believe it

if they LITERALLY think we are headed to something that extreme obviously they would be making plans to flee the country

another day, another opportunity to fear monger and spread batshit crazy theories.

Doomsday Dallas
02-11-2021, 06:01 PM
Here's the deal...

normally you wouldn't support the Patriot Act without 9/11 or at least I'd hope not.

you wouldn't support the government shutting down small business and forcing you to stay at home... unless there is something like a Pandemic.

So what would it take for the average person to support Fema Camps? Because eventually something will happen where -PT- says "well, we need these Fema Camps because __________ happened"

You have to factor in the unforeseen "X" factor. Cause and effect.

I mean... you wouldn't support socialism without an outrageous wealth gap would you?

~primetime~
02-11-2021, 06:06 PM
Dooms you literally said all these exact same things with Bush Jr...here you are 10 years later saying the same things...and 10 years from now it will still be "we are headed to Fema Camps"

wake up and enjoy life while you can...don't waste it fearing the next holocaust, it isn't coming

Nanners
02-11-2021, 06:09 PM
Dooms you literally said all these exact same things with Bush Jr...

so youre saying hes a man ahead of his time, a true visionary

~primetime~
02-11-2021, 06:14 PM
so youre saying hes a man ahead of his time, a true visionary
he's waiting for a 'doomsday' that will never come

Doomsday Dallas
02-11-2021, 06:25 PM

oh yea... that's right, we are still living in your world where "nothing happens"

Trump = nothing happened

Covid19 = nothing happened.

Trillions upon Trillions in wasteful spending = nothing happened.

I'm sure when SHTF on the east and west coast, you'll be here in Dallas saying "nothing happened"

and why do you keep saying live your life? As if I'm just hunkered in a Doomsday vault with guns & ammo.

I don't even own a gun.... but considering millions upon millions of other Americans recently felt the need to become first time gun owners (out of fear), maybe I should reconsider.

Nanners
02-11-2021, 06:28 PM

Are you saying that just because he has been predicting it for a while? How exactly do you know that it will never come?

If someone predicted 10 years ago that a dam would break one day, and after 10 years the dam hasnt broken yet, does that mean the dam will never break?

FultzNationRISE
02-11-2021, 06:31 PM
oh yea... that's right, we are still living in your world where "nothing happens"

Trump = nothing happened

I'm sure when SHTF on the east and west coast, you'll be here in Dallas saying "nothing happened"

and why do you keep saying live your life? As if I'm just hunkered in a Doomsday vault with guns & ammo.

I don't even own a gun.... but considering millions upon millions of other Americans recently felt the need to become first time gun owners (out of fear), maybe I should reconsider.

Makes you wonder why he spent four years RAGING over 'Orange Man' when he's so confident the government can't do anything wrong :lol

What was he so upset about for all that time, then???

Brujesino
02-11-2021, 06:39 PM

I still remember around 08 or 09 he was predicting all sort of crazy shit that never came true:oldlol:

I liked Gina but goddamn will people stop comparing shit to Nazi germany its so stupid.

~primetime~
02-11-2021, 06:40 PM

Trump = nothing happened

You just made it sound like we are about to be living in FEMA camps...if there is nothing really coming then NVM...let's not pretend like you don't have a mental fixation on 'dooms' though

Patrick Chewing
02-11-2021, 06:50 PM
I liked Gina but goddamn will people stop comparing shit to Nazi germany its so stupid.

A lot of fans liked her.

But some of you still don't get. You still don't see the big picture right in front of your eyes.

She wasn't fired due to her performance. It wasn't a work-related firing. She was fired due to her personal beliefs.

Ya'll act as if she will get another job acting somewhere else. She won't. What studio will want to work with her?

FultzNationRISE
02-11-2021, 06:51 PM
I still remember around 08 or 09 he was predicting all sort of crazy shit that never came true:oldlol:

If you prefer, we could compare it to the Soviet Union where millions of political prisoners were killed not too long ago.

Or, even more recently, something like Vietnam, where America went into a random country and killed crazy amounts of civilians because... we didnt want them to become communists or something?

Like, this is what humans do. For all of history. In case you havent noticed.

To just arbitrarily insist that all the sudden it’s going to stop happening “starting now!” is... well, frankly why this stuff keeps happening :lol

Doomsday Dallas
02-11-2021, 06:56 PM
You just made it sound like we are about to be living in FEMA camps...if there is nothing really coming then NVM...let's not pretend like you don't have a mental fixation on 'dooms' though

I'm saying when the day comes that we have to put millions of Americans in FEMA camps, you'll be defending the need for those camps the same way you've been defending Quarantines.

and BTW.... I know back in the years of 2007-2010 I used to preach about Quarantine quite a bit.... and guess what... 10 years later, we've an endless supply of them....

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/84/64/c9/8464c9dbf85a98577e4a54e4f6a8e5b0.jpg

~primetime~
02-11-2021, 07:04 PM
we are saying FEMA camps = concentration camps here?...or like what's happening at the border?

describe the scenario where millions of Americans are put in camps and are cool with it because ________ happened?...what is the blank?

It's hard to see something short of nuclear war causing something like that...or a virus that really is extremely deadly.

Brujesino
02-11-2021, 07:08 PM
A lot of fans liked her.

But some of you still don't get. You still don't see the big picture right in front of your eyes.

She wasn't fired due to her performance. It wasn't a work-related firing. She was fired due to her personal beliefs.

Ya'll act as if she will get another job acting somewhere else. She won't. What studio will want to work with her?

Your right she probably wont get another job elsewhere and that sucks because I think shes pretty cool.

But Im saying can people stop comparing things to Nazi Germany and Hitler. Bush, Obama , Trump and now Biden were all hitler and making americans like the nazis is fvcking dumb.

FultzNationRISE
02-11-2021, 07:08 PM
we are saying FEMA camps = concentration camps here?...or like what's happening at the border?

describe the scenario where millions of Americans are put in camps and are cool with it because ________ happened?...what is the blank?

It's hard to see something short of nuclear war causing something like that...or a virus that really is extremely deadly.

Is that what it took in Germany?

I mean youre the exact guy who will OK something like that happening around you, as long as it’s the mainstream thing to do.

You of all people should see how easily it could happen. But paradoxically the reason you cant see it is the reason it could happen. Youre just... dumb.

FultzNationRISE
02-11-2021, 07:22 PM
Your right she probably wont get another job elsewhere and that sucks because I think shes pretty cool.

But Im saying can people stop comparing things to Nazi Germany and Hitler. Bush, Obama , Trump and now Biden were all hitler and making americans like the nazis is fvcking dumb.

Was somebody compared to Hitler here? I must have missed it.

Seems more like the social environment of two eras is being compared.

Details like that are kinda important. Altho probably not for a pleb like you.

Nanners
02-11-2021, 08:12 PM
When the govt eventually starts rounding people up, and the MSM justifies it by saying those people are terrorists, or infected, or wrongthinkers, or whatever... does anyone think primetime wont be first in line to defend it?

~primetime~
02-11-2021, 08:16 PM
The Gov isn't going to "round people up" and if they did there is no way in hell myself or even mainstream Americans would be defending it.

I'm the first to say we're nearing Idiocracy...but realistically speaking? No one is going to be cool going into a concentration camp....no one is going to leave their homes behinds, that would take very extreme measures

The only way I can even envision myself defending that is in the event the earth is covered with nuclear fallout, and in that event I'm probably shooting myself in the head anyway.

~primetime~
02-11-2021, 08:19 PM
Let me ask you this Nanners...you say "When the govt eventually starts rounding people up" as if this is going to absolutely happen.

So why are you not leaving?...I mean seriously?

Nanners
02-11-2021, 08:37 PM
I have thought about leaving but it seems like theres no where better to go. I have citizenship in an EU country, but the EU is even more ****ed than the US.

Last year I bought a piece of land in a very rural part of the pacific northwest, and I have been building a little sanctuary out there... seemed like the best available option.

Patrick Chewing
02-11-2021, 08:50 PM
When the govt eventually starts rounding people up, and the MSM justifies it by saying those people are terrorists, or infected, or wrongthinkers, or whatever... does anyone think primetime wont be first in line to defend it?

That jabroni will be buying the narrative the State Media will be selling. That everyone rounded up is a danger and enemy of the state.

Prime lives in a safe bubble as long as he stays within the lines of the Liberal Wehrmacht.

Nanners
02-11-2021, 08:54 PM
That jabroni will be buying the narrative the State Media will be selling. That everyone rounded up is a danger and enemy of the state.

Prime lives in a safe bubble as long as he stays within the lines of the Liberal Wehrmacht.

Its been a very long time since I have seen him go against the mainstream narrative on an issue. That said, I was around to see his old account get banned back in the day, and back then he used to question things and post unpopular opinions. Maybe the old version of primetime is still in there somewhere... maybe we can share a cell in the gulag someday.

~primetime~
02-11-2021, 08:59 PM
Its been a very long time since I have seen him go against the mainstream narrative on an issue. That said, I was around to see his old account get banned back in the day, and back then he used to question things and post unpopular opinions. Maybe the old version of primetime is still in there somewhere... maybe we can share a cell in the gulag someday.

Even back then (I was an alcoholic) I argued non stop with Dooms conspiracy views, that hasn't changed.

The idea that we are in the verge of concentration camps was an eye rollerto me then, and now

warriorfan
02-11-2021, 11:59 PM
Is that what it took in Germany?

I mean youre the exact guy who will OK something like that happening around you, as long as it’s the mainstream thing to do.

You of all people should see how easily it could happen. But paradoxically the reason you cant see it is the reason it could happen. Youre just... dumb.

Primetime would be in charge of firing up the furnaces in 1940’s Germany...all because the news told him “Jewish Men Bad”.

Doomsday Dallas
02-12-2021, 12:05 AM
Even back then (I was an alcoholic) I argued non stop with Dooms conspiracy views, that hasn't changed.

The idea that we are in the verge of concentration camps was an eye rollerto me then, and now

Let me throw out a theory on this real quick... You are right that they will never "round up" people.

even though MTV and others like to put this fear into the minds of others, it will not happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0asayd7RaxU

^ 30 second add.

But for awhile now I've always been under the impression that the only way our freedoms will be taken away is if we give them up willingly.

This was heavily stressed in the Captain America Winter Soldier movie when they talk to the Nazi Computer Brain villain Arnim Zola.

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/70/47/06/704706dfba04e1d5714e4ca685e4e0d6.jpg

What they learned from WWII according to the movie, is that you could never enslave the human race through means of brute force like the Germans tried to do. It can only be done if people are willing to give up their freedom. It's the only way... it has to be done through the means of deception.

But since you asked how they could introduce Fema camps short of a virus or atomic war... May I propose another epidemic that is on the rise: The Homeless Epidemic. Now, they may never round up the middle and upper class folks of this great society, but they could round up the homeless.

And so by destroying small businesses, and increasing Corporate dependence you initially have the masses trapped into either slaving away up the corporate ladder, or working for the government. This is why there has been a push to get rid of the small self dependent farmer through the means of rules and bull$hit FDA regulations, trade wars, and what not... it's just gotten that much harder for the small time farmer to survive financially. Basically the system is designed for the middle class, urban & rural, to drown slowly.... it's not a quick death, it may last a few generations. But eventually the middle class, which every politician swears to protect... does drowned out... The Upper Class will depend on the very controlled corporate world and the lower class, which will have an extremely massive growth, will depend on government.

After the roaring 2020's comes and goes, and history repeats its self, and we find ourselves in an early 2030's great depression 2.0, that is when the camps will be introduced to the public. But instead of being rounded up and forced into the camps, people will just choose to go there because the alternative would be no food & shelter. You have to give the public the impression that there is a benefit to being in "the camp" paid for by the Upper Class 1% tax dollars.

http://www.miamipropertiesandparadise.com/blog/files/2016/01/comm-real-estate-bubble.jpg

Commercial real estate is a fundamental asset class, and investors are often interested in how large the market is. Nareit completed its third annual round in estimating the size of U.S. commercial real estate, and find that the total dollar value in 2018 was $16.0 trillion, with lower and upper bounds of this estimate of $14.4 to $17.0 trillion. These estimates are based on a bottom-up approach using the best available data for each property sector (primarily using data from CoStar).

The Commercial Real Estate Bubble will be the next one to pop... and once that happens, many downtown urban cities will start to become slums or ghettos. Just a bunch of empty buildings

Didn't the Nazi's set up Ghettos?

Beginning with the invasion of Poland during World War II, the Nazi regime set up ghettos across German-occupied Eastern Europe in order to segregate and confine Jews, and sometimes Romani people, into small sections of towns and cities furthering their exploitation. In German documents, and signage at ghetto entrances, the Nazis usually referred to them as Jüdischer Wohnbezirk or Wohngebiet der Juden, both of which translate as the Jewish Quarter. There were several distinct types including open ghettos, closed ghettos, work, transit, and destruction ghettos, as defined by the Holocaust historians. In a number of cases, they were the place of Jewish underground resistance against the German occupation, known collectively as the ghetto uprisings.

imdaman99
02-12-2021, 12:30 AM
Do we really gotta politicize everything? lulz i knowz i wuz da first to do itz lulz

This was a thread about a show most everyone liked and now it's gone to shit.

So everyone that bitched about Lebron saying they are hunted are now talking about themselves being hunted? OK.

coin24
02-12-2021, 04:53 AM
A lot of fans liked her.

It’s funny just how blatant the double standard has become, and the usual sheep morons on here still can’t see it..

Idiocracy indeed

coin24
02-12-2021, 04:56 AM
Why would Disney even cave to the usual “Twitter outrage” horseshit..

It’s 5 unemployed blue haired virgins agreeing with themselves, time to turn that crap off, they don’t deserve a voice, they deserve a kick to the head

Patrick Chewing
02-12-2021, 11:26 AM
Why would Disney even cave to the usual “Twitter outrage” horseshit..

It’s 5 unemployed blue haired virgins agreeing with themselves, time to turn that crap off, they don’t deserve a voice, they deserve a kick to the head

Supposedly Lucasfilms was itching to get rid of her for a while. I would almost prefer it if she had been fired due to being difficult on set or not being a good enough actor.

But for tweets? Tweets that are historically accurate? All because these tweets expose what the Left is doing and Big Corps who are all Liberal just don't agree with it. This is called silencing the opposition.

Long Duck Dong
02-12-2021, 04:01 PM
All this talk by the left about reprogramming conservatives and putting us into reeducation and enlightenment camps keeps getting bolder and bolder.

Hopefully the spotlight put on poor Gina will open up other opportunities for her

coin24
02-12-2021, 08:46 PM
Supposedly Lucasfilms was itching to get rid of her for a while. I would almost prefer it if she had been fired due to being difficult on set or not being a good enough actor.

But for tweets? Tweets that are historically accurate? All because these tweets expose what the Left is doing and Big Corps who are all Liberal just don't agree with it. This is called silencing the opposition.

Is Twitter even big anywhere outside of the states?
Not many people use it here, seems to be only when the media wants to agree with itself they claim “Twitter outrage” or “trending on Twitter”

Being fired for an opinion which is based on facts? Sounds like freedom to me:lol

scuzzy
02-13-2021, 08:51 AM
Wish they would just do a big budget Ahsoka trilogy instead of this spin off. Rosario Dawson was pretty badass

Chick Stern
02-13-2021, 11:02 AM
Wish they would just do a big budget Ahsoka trilogy instead of this spin off. Rosario Dawson was pretty badass
They have not shown a lot of ability to bring it at the movie level.
I think streaming, where they can have extended plot lines, is the future.

Patrick Chewing
02-13-2021, 11:25 AM
https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/065/399/008/original/0c86927eb895f76d.png

Chick Stern
02-13-2021, 11:39 AM
https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/065/399/008/original/0c86927eb895f76d.png
Not sure if Rebel Wilson or Amy Schumer

scuzzy
02-13-2021, 12:06 PM
They have not shown a lot of ability to bring it at the movie level.
I think streaming, where they can have extended plot lines, is the future.
Maybe, time will tell how their SW Disney+ crusade does

The Mandalorian is okay, the cgi is okay, the acting is okay. It's a 7.5/10 series with a few filler episodes every season. It doesn't have the appeal as a good HBO and def none of the epic SW moments/score you get in theater.

I always wanted a dark Star Wars film, rated R, beheadings, nudity, grim ending. It would be badass

CelticBaller
02-13-2021, 12:08 PM
that luke skywalker cameo tho

Patrick Chewing
02-13-2021, 01:03 PM
https://media.babylonbee.com/articles/article-7981-1.jpg

coin24
02-14-2021, 12:23 AM

My eyes:cry:

Street Hunger
03-31-2021, 11:46 AM
Wild how this went from the only Disney+ show to one of many, as far as superhero / Star Wars / Marvel / action stuff goes.

Lebron23
07-14-2021, 10:20 PM
I enjoyed the Luke Skywalker Cameo. And it's nice to see Boba Fett back.

SATAN
07-15-2021, 12:23 AM
I'm not a huge Star Wars fan...Am I likely to enjoy The Mandalorian?